Author Topic: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (GET YOUR WALLET! - GB LIVE SEPT 8th 12:00 PST)  (Read 102597 times)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (LAST DAY TO VOTE - WE'RE READY!)
« Reply #500 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 07:19:28 »
This will do the job.

Show Image

EDIT: However, after staring at my keyboard and at some pictures for half an hour, I figured out that the Insert/Del Row is not a problem. They can follow the Backspace and Backslash profile, in order to transmit the angled look to the Numpad (for 100%ers). If you're a TKL dude, you'd still get a nice look from the way things are right now. What's annoying me is the Arrow Cluster. Which is fixed below.

Show Image

Anyway, we're going to stick with Row 3 on the Up Arrow. And in the future, launch a Row 4 Up key with the Row 4 Shifts. Just wanted to make sure you guys could understand my considerations.

Yep I think left, down and right arrows should definitely be the same profile profile as the bottom row modifiers otherwise it would look weird in a 75% or 1800 layout.

Yes, I took this in consideration.

Offline Data

« Reply #501 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 08:13:47 »
Updated OP. I believe we're ready to go.

PS, I looked at some of my keyboards and many of them have an up arrow key that matches the row profile.   ;)

Offline 01111000

Re: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (3-1-2-3-4-3 / UPDATED PICS / 60% STRIPE R3 ADDED!)
« Reply #502 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 12:45:10 »

I don't think it's smart to implement all of these blanks, my purpose is not to promote a cyan/grey blank SA keyset.

Most important blanks are already added.

I understand that, but this would allow for the extreme customization of Pulse, while still being Pulse.

So a firm no for this?  If you look at the nuclear set, nearly all of their blanks tipped.  http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/nuclear-data-green-old-skool-sa-row-3-keycaps/

Options are always nice, and it'll allow everyone to customize PuLSE as they want to.  Almost every set will end up being unique if people choose to take advantage of the blanks available to them.  I strongly believe that it'll be worth it, in the end, but it's your decision to make at the end of the day.
Poker 2 w/ MX Clears | Ducky Shine 3 w/ MX Blues | CM Novatouch

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #503 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 12:49:19 »

I don't think it's smart to implement all of these blanks, my purpose is not to promote a cyan/grey blank SA keyset.

I understand that, but this would allow for the extreme customization of Pulse, while still being Pulse.

So a firm no for this?  If you look at the nuclear set, nearly all of their blanks tipped.  http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/nuclear-data-green-old-skool-sa-row-3-keycaps/

Options are always nice, and it'll allow everyone to customize PuLSE as they want to.  Almost every set will end up being unique if people choose to take advantage of the blanks available to them.  I strongly believe that it'll be worth it, in the end, but it's your decision to make at the end of the day.

Not sure if it is a fair comparison because the beauty with the nuclear set is that all caps are Row 3, so all blacks are also the same Row whereas with this buy you would have to have different Rows etc...

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #504 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 13:19:17 »

Not sure if it is a fair comparison because the beauty with the nuclear set is that all caps are Row 3, so all blacks are also the same Row whereas with this buy you would have to have different Rows etc...

Sorry for not answering before BinaryBro, I totally missed your request because I'm finishing some final details regarding the Keyset, and promoting it properly demanded a lot of attention.

Regarding the request, Spam, I agree with you. Te problem with the mega-custom PuLSE is that I don't believe that I can offer every blank, on every row, on every color. And I'm already offering some blanks, in order to please those who want some customization. But I can't go full YOLO and promote every key in every color on every row. Also, I'd like to keep the Keyset more simple to the customers. I don't really believe that a lot of people will need a massive amount of blanks, in different rows. 95% of the people who's probably gonna buy PuLSE will do it because they like the overall look and feel of the set. They are not looking at PuLSE as an opportunity to get some neat blanks (I'm not mentioning that you see PuLSE like this, I know you love it's design). That said, I'll just keep it simple this time. Maybe I can do that with Airborne, but I don't know. Airborne is gonna be DSA and we are really far away from it.

Also, excuse me Bunny, but with your permission, and I'm assuming you'll concede, let me take Penumbra as example.

Penumbra is a masterpiece when it comes to SA and it didn't need to promote massive blanks in order to look good for pretty much everybody. I'd like to see PuLSE in the same stage.

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #505 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 14:28:05 »
Maybe I can do that with Airborne, but I don't know. Airborne is gonna be DSA and we are really far away from it.

I'm assuming "Airborne" is your next project? I'm really curious to see what that will look like. :)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #506 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 14:40:12 »
Maybe I can do that with Airborne, but I don't know. Airborne is gonna be DSA and we are really far away from it.

I'm assuming "Airborne" is your next project? I'm really curious to see what that will look like. :)

Correct, it's completely designed. I plan to launch it as an Interest Check by the end of the year, when PuLSE is done and some other keysets are shipped. I'll leave a picture below as a teaser.

« Last Edit: Wed, 27 August 2014, 14:55:56 by MiTo »

Offline Vitaly

« Reply #507 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 14:57:14 »
Maybe add blue spacebar as option?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #508 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 17:28:59 »

Which size do you need?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (GB LIVE ON SEPTEMBER 8TH - VOTE UNTIL FRIDAY!)
« Reply #509 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 18:57:36 »
UPDATED OP.

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #510 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 19:06:05 »
Is the 60% stripe even necessary, since it contains the same keys and colors as the base set?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the reason is the row profile is different.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 August 2014, 19:07:52 by Heliosphere »

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #511 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 19:09:19 »
Is the 60% stripe even necessary, since it contains the same keys and colors as the base set?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the reason is the row profile is different.

Yet, some people asked for an Esc Key on Row 1 in that Stripe. Thanks for the reminder, I think I'll add that.

Offline Vitaly

« Reply #512 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 22:36:15 »

Which size do you need?
I mean regular size (6.25) like in base set, spacebar in the same colour as modifier keys.

Also if include one additional button R1 "Esc" in base set it will be good for 60% keyboards. (I know about R3 60% stripe, but with R1 Esc keyset will be more versatile and some people might save money without losing escape for top row).
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 August 2014, 23:17:31 by Vitaly »

Offline 01111000

« Reply #513 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 23:53:24 »

Also if include one additional button R1 "Esc" in base set it will be good for 60% keyboards. (I know about R3 60% stripe, but with R1 Esc keyset will be more versatile and some people might save money without losing escape for top row).
+1, please do this.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #514 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 11:55:03 »

Which size do you need?
I mean regular size (6.25) like in base set, spacebar in the same colour as modifier keys.

I don't want to offer the space bar separately because people would be able to build a full keyboard with the blanks, the Novelties and the spacebar, basically. The only key they would lack is the both shift keys. I can add the blue space bar to the F-Row Stripe, which is a kit that I also need to improve with the F5/F8 grey keys.

Does anybody else want a blue space bar?

If more people demand it, I'll add.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #515 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 12:02:52 »

+1, please do this.

I didn't want to move on the Base Set, in order to keep it's price as it is. However, some people are demanding this Esc key on Row 1. Mainly, 60%ers.

So I ask you, 60%ers. Would you buy the 60% Stripe if I add the Esc Row 1 key to it? You guys would be able to have a stripe that match your Clacks and a Row 1 key to match your Base Set. You can think "I don't have a Clack, why would I buy this Stripe?" and the answer is: because looks good.

Would you guys buy the 60% Stripe for $10 or something like that?

You guys would be supporting your 60% bros who need the stripe, hence, making it easier to tip.

Can I add the Esc Row 1 to the 60% Stripe? I'll do it if you guys support it.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #516 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 12:18:58 »

Which size do you need?

I don't want to offer the space bar separately because people would be able to build a full keyboard with the blanks, the Novelties and the spacebar, basically. The only key they would lack is the both shift keys. I can add the blue space bar to the F-Row Stripe, which is a kit that I also need to improve with the F5/F8 grey keys.

The reason most people have extra spacebars available in group buys is they tend to shine quicker because they get used more.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #517 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 12:19:27 »

Which size do you need?

I wouldn't worry too much about that. People wan extra spacebars because they are first to get shiny. Just offer a spacebar pack with both colors in both 6.25x and 7x sizes. Yes, people would have to buy all four to get extras.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Vitaly

« Reply #518 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 12:40:33 »
I didn't want to move on the Base Set, in order to keep it's price as it is. However, some people are demanding this Esc key on Row 1. Mainly, 60%ers.
R1 Esc  will add possibility to use R3 or R1 as top row for 60% (I don't know why made separate kit for 60% boards, because if add only one key to base set it will be keyset for 60% and larger boards, maybe R3 is really cool as top row for 60, I don't know. But with R1 we have beautiful ergonomic curve.)

If we are talking about support, I will buy extra spacebars and Esc R1 in any kit because I would use  R1 on my top row (I don't think I'm alone), if this key will be in base set - cool, save some money, if in 60% stripe - ok, $10-15 bucks for one key is a little expensive but anyway this set is well made.  :thumb:

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #519 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 12:43:02 »

Which size do you need?

The reason most people have extra spacebars available in group buys is they tend to shine quicker because they get used more.

Thanks for sharing your experience. That's something I didn't know. You rock, Spam.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #520 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 12:47:12 »
I wouldn't worry too much about that. People wan extra spacebars because they are first to get shiny. Just offer a spacebar pack with both colors in both 6.25x and 7x sizes. Yes, people would have to buy all four to get extras.

Will do, JD. Thought you were dead, you used to report a lot in here.

EDIT: Do you think I should add the grey F5-F8 to the F-Row Stripe? It would be a more solid pack.

*F1-F4/F9-F12 cyan;
*F5-F8 grey;

And offer 4 single packs, 6.5u cyan, 6.5u grey, 7u cyan, 7u grey. In this case, I'd remove the spacebar featured on the Tsangan pack.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 August 2014, 12:56:10 by MiTo »

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #521 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 12:51:01 »
R1 Esc  will add possibility to use R3 or R1 as top row for 60% (I don't know why made separate kit for 60% boards, because if add only one key to base set it will be keyset for 60% and larger boards, maybe R3 is really cool as top row for 60, I don't know. But with R1 we have beautiful ergonomic curve.)

If we are talking about support, I will buy extra spacebars and Esc R1 in any kit because I would use  R1 on my top row (I don't think I'm alone), if this key will be in base set - cool, save some money, if in 60% stripe - ok, $10-15 bucks for one key is a little expensive but anyway this set is well made.  :thumb:

Absolutely, the reason for the R3 60 Stripe is for the people who want a F-Row look on the Numrow. I believe I will add the R1 Esc to the stripe, because that way, the 60% buyers would be able to support one another. Also, they would have two complete options to use, the ergonomic curve and the F-Row look!

Offline xSpartanCx

« Reply #522 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 18:25:49 »
If there is going to be a blue spacebar (which I like the idea of) I would put it in a pack with an F-row stripe so that you have 2 colors for f row and 2 space bars. Also, I would love the option of a stepped caps lock without having to buy it in the tsangan pack. just some ideas :)

I doubt people would build a full keyboard with only row 3  blanks, BTW (unless there's more than just row 3 available)
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 August 2014, 18:31:56 by xSpartanCx »

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #523 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 18:33:57 »
If there is going to be a blue spacebar (which I like the idea of) I would put it in a pack with an F-row stripe so that you have 2 colors for f row and 2 space bars. Also, I would love the option of a stepped caps lock without having to buy it in the tsangan pack. just some ideas :)

Hello Spartan!

Nice to see you here. We've got spacebars separetely now, both sizes and colors. Added F5/F8 on Grey to the F-Row stripe and also, removed the spacebar of the Tsangan set so it's cheaper now. Will update OP soon.

Thanks for coming here!

EDIT: Esc Row 1 key is now available on the 60% stripe.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 August 2014, 18:36:42 by MiTo »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #524 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 20:00:30 »
MiTo you've now got 162 VOTES for your baby and that's amazing  :thumb: .

Now if all of these people who voted can actually front up and buy your key-set when it officially runs on PMK, would be fantastic.  Don't forget to add some EXTRA space bars like 6.2, 7.0 and 9.0's because we here on Geekhack have lots of extra keyboards that require them.

I also go through heaps of spacers, simply because my large-arse thumb almost fills the entire key when used.  It gets shiny real quick, at least have the ability to provide us with buying any extra spacers to replace the shiny, worn out ones.

Cheers.......

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #525 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 20:14:19 »
MiTo you've now got 162 VOTES for your baby and that's amazing  :thumb: .

Now if all of these people who voted can actually front up and buy your key-set when it officially runs on PMK, would be fantastic.  Don't forget to add some EXTRA space bars like 6.2, 7.0 and 9.0's because we here on Geekhack have lots of extra keyboards that require them.

I also go through heaps of spacers, simply because my large-arse thumb almost fills the entire key when used.  It gets shiny real quick, at least have the ability to provide us with buying any extra spacers to replace the shiny, worn out ones.

Cheers.......

The support was real, so the keyset is real. Thank you.

I'm expecting an extraordinary final result with PuLSE. I know it's not going to be easy, but I believe it will tip. I don't know how well the past succesful keysets were voted for, but for my first try, I believe 162 is a good number. Let's do it gentlemen.

Elrick, the spacebars are added. People can buy the ones they need! But unfortunately, PMK can only offer 6.25u and 7u atm. But I believe that a lot of boards will be able to acomodate PuLSE nicely. Also, the Row 1 Esc keycap is added to the 60% Stripe and the Tsangan kit is a little bit cheaper.

Symmetry lovers, check the F-Row Stripe. I buffed it.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (NEW STUFF ADDED! - GB LIVE ON SEPTEMBER 8TH)
« Reply #526 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 22:15:00 »
UPDATED OP, NEW KIT ADDED!

Offline KushZEN

Re: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (NEW STUFF ADDED - GB LIVE ON SEPTEMBER 8TH)
« Reply #527 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 01:46:35 »
any chance of a 40% kit?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #528 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 03:16:31 »

That should be it MiTo, I'm starting to develop a sticky stain on my seat waiting for your Group Buy here  ::) .  You've done good with the options and it's not that expensive to buy into all of the goodies you've shown here.

Offline feizor

« Reply #529 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 03:40:19 »
Those are some really low MOQ tiers for the add-on kits. Hopefully there will be higher tiers with bigger savings when it goes live! We can definitely hit some decent numbers given the level of interest shown on these IC threads.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #530 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 09:13:22 »

That should be it MiTo, I'm starting to develop a sticky stain on my seat waiting for your Group Buy here  ::) .  You've done good with the options and it's not that expensive to buy into all of the goodies you've shown here.

Your support has been awesome, thanks for giving so much attention to PuLSE.

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #531 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 09:16:21 »
The amusing part was that I just wanted the base set. Now I want it, and the novelty set. And the spacebar set. And some blank keys.

Hmph. Also yeah, if we hit 100 or 150MOQ, it would be fantastic to have an even further price drop.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline 01111000

« Reply #532 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 09:36:50 »
The amusing part was that I just wanted the base set. Now I want it, and the novelty set. And the spacebar set. And some blank keys.

Hmph. Also yeah, if we hit 100 or 150MOQ, it would be fantastic to have an even further price drop.
Mito, can you look into this and give us update pricing at more tiers?   

Offline 01111000

« Reply #533 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 09:40:29 »

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #534 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 10:42:48 »

Will do, but I'm late for college!
In a few hours I'll release this info, stand by.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 August 2014, 16:13:45 by MiTo »

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #535 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 11:53:37 »
Classes canceled, today was a good day.

Prices Breakdown on OP!

« Last Edit: Fri, 29 August 2014, 12:04:36 by MiTo »

Offline feizor

Wow the starting prices on the novelties pack  :eek:

Offline Data

OK, my wallet is ready.  Bring on the GB.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Wow the starting prices on the novelties pack  :o

Because he selected a lower MOQ to guarantee easy tipping hence the prices are high.  He could select 100 sets to be sold but the Group Buy couldn't be guaranteed to succeed.

With PMK they're the ONLY ones in the key-cap world that will make any keys for the lowest MOQ but it comes at a higher cost.  If the numbers come in and hundreds of people come in to buy then the prices will drop substantially.

Just makes sure more than 25 people buy into your key-set section of Pulse, otherwise the price will be harsh when payment comes by.  That's the reality of Key-set Group Buys here on Geekhack.  If you're scared about paying higher costs for keys then don't ever look towards buying any GMK key-sets  ;D .

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
OK, my wallet is ready.  Bring on the GB.

"Coming Soon... Pulse and Green Tea.
Rumor has it that these group buys will come up after Nuclear Data."

- PMK, on Facebook.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Wow the starting prices on the novelties pack  :o

Because he selected a lower MOQ to guarantee easy tipping hence the prices are high.  He could select 100 sets to be sold but the Group Buy couldn't be guaranteed to succeed.

With PMK they're the ONLY ones in the key-cap world that will make any keys for the lowest MOQ but it comes at a higher cost.  If the numbers come in and hundreds of people come in to buy then the prices will drop substantially.

Just makes sure more than 25 people buy into your key-set section of Pulse, otherwise the price will be harsh when payment comes by.  That's the reality of Key-set Group Buys here on Geekhack.  If you're scared about paying higher costs for keys then don't ever look towards buying any GMK key-sets  ;D .

I believe we're going to have an extraordinary group buy in a few days.

Offline chzel

Bit late and I guess decision already made, but wouldn’t adding the r1 esc to the base set be a better option? I would like to use the set on a 60% but with r1 num row. why should i have to buy the 60% kit for just one key? For me that might be a dealbreaker.
How much would the price of the base set increase?.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Bit late and I guess decision already made, but wouldn’t adding the r1 esc to the base set be a better option? I would like to use the set on a 60% but with r1 num row. why should i have to buy the 60% kit for just one key? For me that might be a dealbreaker.
How much would the price of the base set increase?.

It's never too late!

I understand your position but there's a situation we gotta consider. If you end up buying third party novelties like Clacks, GasMasks, stuff like that in the future, you will most likely want to go for a Row 3 Numrow. Novelties on Row 1 look broken, as Row 1 keys are much taller then Clacks, Brobots and Masks. Do you believe that $16 for the Stripe (initially, because the price could eventually drop to $12 or something) is too dealbreaking?

Offline chzel

I am on tight budget, so I would like to spend as little as possible!
I am not questioning the usefulness of the 60% kit, rather the choice of the R1 esc being there.
Your response was "reasons you should buy the kit", not "it is there because x" ;D
I know I don't want the rest of the 60% kit, so it feels a bit funny to have to pay 16/14/12$ to get the ONE key that really has no place to be there, unless it really raises the price of the base kit.
And yes, that is a dealbreaker, because honestly I get a vibe that it is there to boost sales of the kit.

Offline Vitaly

I am not questioning the usefulness of the 60% kit, rather the choice of the R1 esc being there.
Your response was "reasons you should buy the kit", not "it is there because x" ;D
I know I don't want the rest of the 60% kit, so it feels a bit funny to have to pay 16/14/12$ to get the ONE key that really has no place to be there, unless it really raises the price of the base kit.
And yes, that is a dealbreaker, because honestly I get a vibe that it is there to boost sales of the kit.
Agree with you. For people who want R3 for 60% price is ok, but not for one button. I don't think price will be much higher with ESC included in base kit.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Agree with you. For people who want R3 for 60% price is ok, but not for one button. I don't think price will be much higher with ESC included in base kit.

I agree with you guys, you actually have a point. It's not fair to make every 60% user buy the Stripe if they don't want the Numrow on Row 3.

Also, some of them would be paying $12 for a single esc key, which is an absolute rip off.

I'll move the R1 Esc to the Base Set.

Offline chzel

Thank you for considering this and I am sorry if I was a bit harsh!  :-[

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (DON'T MISS THIS ONE! - GB LIVE SEP 8TH - MOQ PRICES ON OP)
« Reply #547 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 10:17:41 »
Came here to say I seen this on PMK

I want it

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [IC] PuLSE SA Keyset (DON'T MISS THIS ONE! - GB LIVE SEP 8TH - MOQ PRICES ON OP)
« Reply #548 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 11:15:30 »
Came here to say I seen this on PMK

I want it

Hello Tiger!

Stand by mate, we will have a wonderful GB very, very soon.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #549 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 15:25:34 »
Thank you for considering this and I am sorry if I was a bit harsh!  :-[

No problem, it was the right thing to do.