Author Topic: .  (Read 1750 times)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 11:39:08 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 10:18:08 by esoomenona »

Offline Skull_Angel

Re: Print your own PCBs
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 12:14:53 »
Interesting stuff, I'm just thinking of ways to assemble everything. What may be the simplest way to test multiple configurations would be to find a rigid piece of tack board cut to the desired size and just attach the printing to it, from there you'd just push components into it (with a bit of their conductive glue or some such); holes would need to be punched for components with weaker leads, but over all this might allow for quicker design process, removing the need for running loose wiring and then converting it to PCB design.

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 12:50:26 »
this is good for simple protoypes but aren't many PCBs multiple layers?
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 13:43:09 »
this is good for simple protoypes but aren't many PCBs multiple layers?

In the article they mention working on being able to print both sides of a sheet of paper, but I bet you could print multiple sheets and just layer them on top of each other.

Offline kaz

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 03:18:31 »
Not bad, but I'm a bit sceptical about the usefulness of such a fragile prototype. Would be great for electronics education in schools.
Cherry G80-11800 (Workhorse) | Cherry G80-11900 | \'93 IBM Model M | Apple M0116

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 12:32:38 »
This would be amazing for prototyping things and making sure your ideas are sound before sending the schematics off to a PCB manufacturer.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 12:40:43 »
Not bad, but I'm a bit sceptical about the usefulness of such a fragile prototype. Would be great for electronics education in schools.

This pretty much sums it up for me. I still want to support this project however. In the past I've used the toner and direct etching which is a more expensive more time consuming process. But the results are very solid and are not so fragile.