Author Topic: [GB] SA Fluffy Clouds  (Read 14565 times)

Offline vosechu

[GB] SA Fluffy Clouds
« on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 10:36:53 »
Hey all!

I'm so excited to announce that my first GB has gone live on Novelkeys!

US: https://novelkeys.xyz/collections/group-buys/products/sa-fluffy-clouds-gb
EU: https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/sa-puffy-clouds-ortho-base_1018/
https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/sa-puffy-clouds-ergo-kit_1017/

219857-0

It's an ortho/ergo focused SA set that I've been working on for a long time. It started with a desire to match a Cyan Shishi that I'm totally in love with, so I tried a bunch of keyset combos but could never really capture the colors. So my friend encouraged me to set up a group buy and make it happen!

This is the just beginning of a crazy fun journey and I'm excited to be taking it with you all! Thank you to everyone who has offered feedback on the set!

---

This keycap set will be run through SP. It is double shot ABS. Color codes are WFK and BBQ. Designed by vosechu, this set is perfect for Ortho and Ergo users. This will be uniform R3 SA keycaps.

Two kits to choose from. Ortho base and Ergo Add-on.

MOQ for Ortho base is 100 and MOQ for Ergo add-on is 50.

GB will run until June 22, 2019
These keycaps are estimated to ship in November, 2019.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [GB] SA Fluffy Clouds
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 18:46:41 »
Approved
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 06:11:55 »
Numbers update!

This is moving a little slow, but with the lower MOQ we should still be able to hit those goals.

Base Total - 37 (MOQ 100)
Ergo Totals - 20 (MOQ 50)

Offline harlekein

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 06:28:13 »
I'm already in. Hope we hit MOQ on this.

It was this or SA Bliss, but Colevrak support and a lower price makes this an easy choice for me. I hope we'll see more ortho kits in the future, especially with how GMK kits threat ortho users.

Offline harlekein

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 11:55:51 »
Something else which might help is creating a forum signature for this GB.

Offline vosechu

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 19:43:03 »
Something else which might help is creating a forum signature for this GB.

Good idea! I have next to no artistic ability, but I’ll see if I can make something go. If you have more artist in you, I’d love the help!

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 07:09:17 »
Updated numbers with extras

Base - 47
Ergo - 23

We are about half way there for both kits, and I think we will be able to get these made!

Offline vosechu

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 14:18:31 »
Thanks for the update! Let’s keep this going!

I’ll send out another email blast tomorrow or Monday.

Offline losinggeneration

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 05:25:16 »
Updated numbers with extras

Base - 47
Ergo - 23

We are about half way there for both kits, and I think we will be able to get these made!

I hope so since I'm in on this now. It's a bit disappointing it's not closer to MOQ at this point since it's a nice ortho kit. Hopefully people were like me & waiting until pay day to jump on board.

Offline vosechu

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 10:36:54 »
Agreed. I’d love to know what made people decide not to join in the end.

Maybe it’s just not special enough? Numerous people asked for novelties for instance.

Or maybe it was just too expensive. We could trim down the base kit some more or do different child kits.

Or maybe it’s just dumb luck and random chance that people aren’t looking for ortho kits right now. :)

Offline JCWang

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 17 June 2019, 21:50:46 »
I like the look of this. I think it maybe better if you can show what it actually looks like when say get put on a matching case. Just looking at the keys I have no idea what the final combo can look like.

Offline vosechu

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 18 June 2019, 09:47:09 »
I like the look of this. I think it maybe better if you can show what it actually looks like when say get put on a matching case. Just looking at the keys I have no idea what the final combo can look like.

Thank you! Next time I’ll try to get renders done on a keyboard. If you’re looking at a Planck/preonic, the base kit is essentially how it should look. But I understand that probably most folks are interested in how it looks on an ergodox or iris as well and that’s much harder to imagine.

Offline harlekein

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 04:40:16 »
I also think it just sells better with a keyboard render. People see a keyset rendered on a keyboard and it instantly looks pretty. With this one you have to use your imagination more. I think once the caps are delivered and photos of them on keyboards start showing people will regret not getting into the GB.

Additionally there might be too many keys in the base kit. You listened to feedback a lot. Some GB starters don't listen well enough, but maybe you listened too much and we now have keys one person asked for and they might not even buy it.

Too late for all that now. I hope it reaches MOQ and if not, I look forward to a rerun.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 June 2019, 04:42:01 by harlekein »

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 05:41:12 »
Current numbers with extras

Base - 76
Ergo - 33

We are getting pretty close to hitting MOQ! 3 more days left on this.

Offline vosechu

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 19 June 2019, 09:05:51 »
I also think it just sells better with a keyboard render. People see a keyset rendered on a keyboard and it instantly looks pretty. With this one you have to use your imagination more. I think once the caps are delivered and photos of them on keyboards start showing people will regret not getting into the GB.

Additionally there might be too many keys in the base kit. You listened to feedback a lot. Some GB starters don't listen well enough, but maybe you listened too much and we now have keys one person asked for and they might not even buy it.

Too late for all that now. I hope it reaches MOQ and if not, I look forward to a rerun.

Super great points! Thank you!

I have often been accused of taking too much feedback. :) I’ll continue to work on that one especially.

Offline vosechu

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 21 June 2019, 10:09:04 »
Last day to get in on this GB! Novelkeys has confirmed that the set will indeed be made.

https://novelkeys.xyz/products/sa-fluffy-clouds-gb

Thank you to everyone who has inspired and encouraged me over the last 6 months!

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 23 June 2019, 09:53:07 »
This GB has closed. These kits will get produced. We are currently finalizing numbers and will place the order! Thanks for everyone who joined.