Author Topic: [GB] LZ CLS (Classic TKL) : Finished  (Read 273555 times)

Offline handcraftedbits

Re: [GB] LZ CLS (Classic TKL) : Shipping
« Reply #950 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:07:58 »
Got mine today. :thumb:

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #951 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:09:23 »
Anyone notice the variation of the way the logos were cut?

(Attachment Link)

I honestly can't see the variation you're referring to.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #952 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:12:22 »

(Attachment Link)

Same. All of those look the same to me.

I even did my patented "draw red lines next to them in paint until I notice something" technique, and I still can't tell.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #953 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:13:11 »

(Attachment Link)

I even did my patented "draw red lines next to them in paint until I notice something" technique, and I still can't tell.

Someone pointed out to me that some look extruded while some look engraved.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #954 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:14:23 »

(Attachment Link)

Probably just a trick of the eye. As far as I know they're all engraved.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #955 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 12:31:55 »

(Attachment Link)

Probably just a trick of the eye. As far as I know they're all engraved.

That was my guess as well.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #956 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:41:02 »

(Attachment Link)

Its a lighting illusion like this

that you're seeing I think.

Offline seblove

« Reply #957 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 19:17:22 »
If any of you clever blokes got an extra CLS pcb and is willing to part with it for more than you paid, please let me know! I didn't realize this pcb fits the non-standard OTD 456gt case, and I'm desperately in need of a replacement pcb for mine (person I bought it from soldered like they were very, very drunk). Would be amazing if someone could help me out.

Offline zaerst

« Reply #958 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 21:19:20 »
Got mine today. Two small gashes on my SS weight. :(

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #959 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 04:44:51 »
I just got a letter from the post office (which is, of course, closed until monday) that it's ready for pick up :p

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #960 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 12:05:16 »
If any of you clever blokes got an extra CLS pcb and is willing to part with it for more than you paid, please let me know! I didn't realize this pcb fits the non-standard OTD 456gt case, and I'm desperately in need of a replacement pcb for mine (person I bought it from soldered like they were very, very drunk). Would be amazing if someone could help me out.

This was just a TX87, right? Message kin on telegram, he has extra.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #961 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 13:05:26 »

Yeah, I was about to mention the same thing.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline seblove

« Reply #962 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 18:00:16 »

I thought so as well, but I looked up photos from some tx87 builds and the pcb says "TX87KIN L3" whereas the CLS one says "TKL87 L3" ... They may very well be the same, I'll ask Kin. All is well though, LZ is getting me a few extras. Thanks all.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #963 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 18:23:18 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 00:05:42 by alienman82 »

Offline megaforce

« Reply #964 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 18:38:07 »
It was a joy building this beast. The plate came a little dirty, nothing some cleaners couldn't do:

http://imgur.com/a/U9Dnu

Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline kconfire

« Reply #965 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 19:29:47 »
It was a joy building this beast. The plate came a little dirty, nothing some cleaners couldn't do:

Show Image

is that you? lol
sounded really sweet, and nice build!

May I ask what kind of soldering iron/station you use for your stuff as well as the kind of solder? :D
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline Tally810

« Reply #966 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 19:31:26 »

Show Image

very nice dude love the blue alert set with it

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #967 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 19:34:27 »

Show Image

Really nice friggin build, homie!!!

Going to have to go big with the Stan to keep up...

Offline seblove

« Reply #968 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 19:37:51 »
[ Specified attachment is not available ] [ Specified attachment is not available ] [ Specified attachment is not available ] [ Specified attachment is not available ]

I thought so as well, but I looked up photos from some tx87 builds and the pcb says "TX87KIN L3" whereas the CLS one says "TKL87 L3" ... They may very well be the same, I'll ask Kin. All is well though, LZ is getting me a few extras. Thanks all.

For 456GT, you may have to desolder the USB port, but you can wire it it to another through hole area on it.  maybe have to file down the the edge where the USB port sticks out on the pcb. 

How does your 456GT compare to the LZ?  A lot of people say the design is similar, not a bad thing though.S

I prepared for the USB port already in the most iconoclastic way possible :D
176913-4176915-5176917-6176919-7And they are super similar, just a more severe angle on the OTD. Cannot wait to have both of these built up, hopefully tomorrow I'll have time for the CLS.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 August 2017, 19:40:14 by seblove »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #969 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 19:44:07 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 00:05:30 by alienman82 »

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
« Reply #970 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 20:37:32 »
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

For 456GT, you may have to desolder the USB port, but you can wire it it to another through hole area on it.  maybe have to file down the the edge where the USB port sticks out on the pcb. 

How does your 456GT compare to the LZ?  A lot of people say the design is similar, not a bad thing though.S

I prepared for the USB port already in the most iconoclastic way possible :D
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) And they are super similar, just a more severe angle on the OTD. Cannot wait to have both of these built up, hopefully tomorrow I'll have time for the CLS.

got some balls there
Tkl 87 pcb is not compatible with 456. Otd is a proprietary standard
LZ Limited

Offline seblove

« Reply #971 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 21:25:05 »
^^ are you sure LZ? Because the CLS plate lines up perfectly with my old OTD pcb, so aside from the usb port I can't see the issue.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #972 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 21:29:48 »
^^ are you sure LZ? Because the CLS plate lines up perfectly with my old OTD pcb, so aside from the usb port I can't see the issue.

He's talking about the USB port, I think.

I know that the "well" that the PCB sits in is also smaller in an OTD than it is in a TX87 board, but a 456GT is huge, so who knows.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #973 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 12:42:06 »

Show Image

is that you? lol
sounded really sweet, and nice build!

May I ask what kind of soldering iron/station you use for your stuff as well as the kind of solder? :D

Thanks!

Haha yes that's mine.

The soldering iron is a Hakko 888 and I recommend Kester 44 solder (0.031" diameter).
More
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #974 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 15:04:23 »
Got my CLS all built a few days ago, and I almost forgot to post the pics here.

I took a really ****ty video of me unboxing it, here it is:

And here is the imgur album with my potato iphone shots.

http://imgur.com/a/CgeZF

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
« Reply #975 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 21:05:50 »

Hey seblove,
Well I think I'm incompatible.
It is not just a USB port problem.
Please assemble all switches.
I am 100% sure. Not compatible.
LZ Limited

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #976 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 22:48:50 »

Hey seblove,

I trust LZ on this one, since he helped design some of those boards (if I remember right... was a long time ago).

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #977 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 06:11:18 »
Well, 4 days of extra waiting and 89,46€ of import taxes later and here it finally is. :eek: The switch plate has some scratches on it but nobody will ever see those so it's fine :p The amazing packaging kept everything in pristine condition.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #978 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 14:21:22 »
Well, 4 days of extra waiting and 89,46€ of import taxes later and here it finally is. :eek: The switch plate has some scratches on it but nobody will ever see those so it's fine :p The amazing packaging kept everything in pristine condition.

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

daaaamn nice pictures

but 90EUR... so much

germany has really been ramping up their import charges

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #979 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 14:24:10 »
Yeah it's the usual 19% that goes on everything. LZ put down a value of $79 on the invoice that was on the package but of course they don't care about that. They want to see my PAID invoice. avid had the decent idea of asking for 2 invoices but I doubt many sellers are willing to do that.

Offline avid

« Reply #980 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 14:26:35 »
Regarding the 2 invoices, If seller doesnt wanna do all the extra work, he can always charge a small nominal fee for the extra work ($10) which should make both parties happy. And save the germans alot of money.

I mean if you split up pcb+plate and keyboard you naturally get 2 invoices, and doubt the customs people are well read into kustoms.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 August 2017, 14:28:17 by avid »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #981 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 14:41:08 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 00:05:21 by alienman82 »

Offline seblove

« Reply #982 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 15:34:30 »

Hey seblove,

I definitely take your word for it, and did not mean to imply any disrespect or threadjacking here :D. Will attempt to assemble all the switches and see what happens i guess!

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #983 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 16:29:18 »
Anyone with a silver WKL willing to trade with my gray WKL - any Canadians? PM me!
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 August 2017, 16:52:24 by Dreamre »

Offline kconfire

« Reply #984 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 17:01:53 »

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Holy **** that Silver WKL looks AMAZING!
Wow, I should have known Silver would look this amazing..
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline avid

« Reply #985 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 17:06:41 »
Agree about the silver. There is something about brass + silver color.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #986 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 17:42:38 »
Just curious, did everyone's top/bottom match perfectly, or were there any color differences?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #987 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 17:46:58 »
Just curious, did everyone's top/bottom match perfectly, or were there any color differences?

Bugged my friends who have these; they say no difference, two had grey, one had silver.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 August 2017, 17:51:38 by Puddsy »

Offline maximm

« Reply #988 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 17:47:33 »
My gray top and bottom have a noticeable color difference

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #989 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 17:58:10 »
Holy **** that Silver WKL looks AMAZING!
Wow, I should have known Silver would look this amazing..

Classic board, classic colours. :thumb:

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #990 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 18:36:54 »
My gray top and bottom have a noticeable color difference

Yeah mine too. I think it was mentioned by LZ originally that parts were sent back to be fixed at some point? Not sure. On mine it is hardly noticeable once i put the spacer in.
-Dana

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
« Reply #991 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 18:45:03 »
Gray and black are slightly different color up and down.
Gray made a new color purchase.
But it is not perfect. I am so worried about whether to exclude the gray color in the next GB. stress...HAaaaaaa :-\
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 August 2017, 19:27:56 by LifeZ »
LZ Limited

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
« Reply #992 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 18:45:40 »
Dear members of GeekHack,

Thanks all for joining the Group Buy for the LZ-CLS.

Before I start, I would like to inform everyone that I do not speak English as well as I do in Korean, and that I have been relying on Google Translator for the most part of translations.
It is my hope that I have been conveying my meaning and thoughts to you appropriately and that I was communicative throughout the different stages of the Group Buy.

To begin, I have run a number of Group Buys in the past but this particular Group Buy has proven to be the most challenging one as of yet.

I was a sole person responsible for running the Group Buy making critical decisions- but unfortunately met with some roadblocks such as drastic personal work load increase, and an issue with my PayPal account to list a few.

As for the PayPal issue, my account was put on hold due to a sudden increase of PayPal balance, and is still on hold as I speak.

Therefore, I had to find an additional monetary resource which delayed the timeline for this Group Buy.

Aside from an issue with PayPal, I also ran into a problem with the color Gray as sample tests I have run with the color all failed to meet my standards.  Purchasing a new color for the Gray further delayed the timeline for this Group Buy on top of the PayPal issue.

My sincere apologies to everyone who participated in this Group Buy for any inconvenience the delay may have caused.

To make up for the time lost with unexpected issues during the Group Buy timeline, I wanted to give extra attention to details- I included a cloth with my logo and replaced boxes with a keyboard bag in spite of additional cost involved in bundling them as parts of the LZ-CLS.  I really tried best in my ability to provide you with a most complete package for the LZ-CLS, and I hope you will find your LZ-CLS package to be well-thought out and planned.  However, lots of options can be confusing- if you have any missing parts on your order, please send me a PM for an assistance.

I lost some of my credibility with an incident unintentionally a while ago, but I am doing my best to regain your trust.  I really appreciate all of you who believed in me and helped me with a positive energy.

Going back to the LZ-CLS, it is a TKL layout I have not introduced since LZ-FE.
Going back to the LZ-CLS, it is a TKL layout I have not introduced for a while after LZ-FE
My next project will be CLSm which will support 75% layout, and it will be the 2nd series of CLS.
Following CLSm, my 3rd project with CLS series will be CLSs which will support 60% layout.  And yes, you will see a support for HHKB as well.

Before I close, I want to disclose that I am directly involved with every aspect of the Group Buy and have been getting supports from my wife and my brother as well as KIN.
Thank you all for reading.

P.S – Please excuse minor scratches and dents.
I will continue to put my efforts to provide you with higher standards.
Made in KOREA
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 August 2017, 18:49:07 by LifeZ »
LZ Limited

Offline avid

« Reply #993 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 19:07:41 »
Love the LZ - Kin teamwork.

This GB has ran very smooth. A little delay maybe, but constant updates - AND the excellent bag make up for this.
Also, we prefer to get excellent product, so better with delay than a rushed product. The grey look stunning!
We will use this keyboard for many years to come. If it was delayed a few weeks, thats nothing!

This is one of the most sought after boards right now - high quality, beautiful case and with LZ name we know it will be of the highest quality.

Now the hype starts for CLSm. Is it sept/okt/nov?

Super happy i was able to get in on this GB.

If you ever do LZ-CLS R2 I would pick up another board.

Well done LZ  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 August 2017, 19:20:22 by avid »

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #994 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 19:07:53 »
Dear members of GeekHack,

Thanks all for joining the Group Buy for the LZ-CLS.

Before I start, I would like to inform everyone that I do not speak English as well as I do in Korean, and that I have been relying on Google Translator for the most part of translations.
It is my hope that I have been conveying my meaning and thoughts to you appropriately and that I was communicative throughout the different stages of the Group Buy.

To begin, I have run a number of Group Buys in the past but this particular Group Buy has proven to be the most challenging one as of yet.

I was a sole person responsible for running the Group Buy making critical decisions- but unfortunately met with some roadblocks such as drastic personal work load increase, and an issue with my PayPal account to list a few.

As for the PayPal issue, my account was put on hold due to a sudden increase of PayPal balance, and is still on hold as I speak.

Therefore, I had to find an additional monetary resource which delayed the timeline for this Group Buy.

Aside from an issue with PayPal, I also ran into a problem with the color Gray as sample tests I have run with the color all failed to meet my standards.  Purchasing a new color for the Gray further delayed the timeline for this Group Buy on top of the PayPal issue.

My sincere apologies to everyone who participated in this Group Buy for any inconvenience the delay may have caused.

To make up for the time lost with unexpected issues during the Group Buy timeline, I wanted to give extra attention to details- I included a cloth with my logo and replaced boxes with a keyboard bag in spite of additional cost involved in bundling them as parts of the LZ-CLS.  I really tried best in my ability to provide you with a most complete package for the LZ-CLS, and I hope you will find your LZ-CLS package to be well-thought out and planned.  However, lots of options can be confusing- if you have any missing parts on your order, please send me a PM for an assistance.

I lost some of my credibility with an incident unintentionally a while ago, but I am doing my best to regain your trust.  I really appreciate all of you who believed in me and helped me with a positive energy.

Going back to the LZ-CLS, it is a TKL layout I have not introduced since LZ-FE.

My next project will be CLSm which will support 75% layout, and it will be the 2nd series of CLS.
Following CLSm, my 3rd project with CLS series will be CLSs which will support 60% layout.  And yes, you will see a support for HHKB as well.

Before I close, I want to disclose that I am directly involved with every aspect of the Group Buy and have been getting supports from my wife and my brother as well as KIN.

Made in KOREA

speaking personally, my experience was excellent

regular updates, good packaging, surprise bag/cloths

the only scratches i saw were on my SS plate, which is fine. case was perfect

thanks LZ  :thumb:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #995 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 19:08:09 »

I'm assuming this is in reference to the Team Redline incident?

You've always been popular here on geekhack, and your keyboards have always been top notch. Even after that incident, you've continued to provide product of the ABSOLUTE HIGHEST quality. Your legitimacy was never in question, at least in my mind.

Following CLSm, my 3rd project with CLS series will be CLSs which will support 60% layout.  And yes, you will see a support for HHKB as well

Also, RIP my ****ing wallet.

I'm absolutely in for one or both of these, do you have any pictures to get us excited? I miss my LZ-CE and want another LZ board.

Thanks LZ,

-Puddsy

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #996 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 19:17:32 »
This was one of the best group buys I have ever joined. Everything went faster than expected. I would join again but now I'm poor :D

Offline megaforce

« Reply #997 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 19:25:12 »
<3

Maybe we can get a cyan color like LZ-s or pink from LZ-SK :DDDDDDD
More

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #998 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 19:46:21 »

Made in KOREA

I'm looking forward to seeing the exact design of the 60%  :thumb:
Will it be a tray style, or a two piece sandwich style case?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
« Reply #999 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 19:50:34 »

Made in KOREA

C

Made in KOREA

Like CLS, 2 piece style. :cool:
LZ Limited