Author Topic: [GB] LZ CLS (Classic TKL) : Finished  (Read 273554 times)

Offline mech0nly

Re: [GB] LZ CLS (Classic TKL) : Shipping
« Reply #1000 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 19:52:45 »
Looking forward for next GB and RIP wallet :p
356mini | 360C | G81-3000SAT | G81-3000SAU | G80-3000LPCXY-2 | G80-3485LWNUS-2

Offline rustywok

« Reply #1001 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 20:01:28 »
I have a sneaking suspicion I just decided on my next two board buys. To have the complete CLS series would be something.
This has been my first custom board GB. I'm in maybe 4 or 5 other GBs and this is the only one that even came close to the original timeline. I've been in jobs much like what running a GB must be like. A million details, a dozen different people wanting your ear. And it never really changes. Ever. It's a sort of controlled anarchy, this creative stuff. Thanks LZ! I've been taking photos of a mockup with the LZ-CLS and some keysets of mine before I have to pack everything up for the next month.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1002 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 20:12:29 »
Looks like you need to refill your wallets FAST since those boards are all supposed to come this year.

Offline kconfire

« Reply #1003 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 20:44:03 »
LZ-CLS is one of the two GBs I participated in (and I would rather not disclose the name of the other GB. :) ) and it looks like it would be delivered much sooner than the other one I participated and dropped out because the another one was just taking forever.
I noticed in the photos of those whom have received their LZ-CLS and they look stunning, just like what I expected from the initial hype!

Also, I am a die-hard fan of HHKB layout, or 60%, so to speak, and will definitely participate in CLSs.
I am just glad that the next CLS series in the line is not the CLSs because I would really like to take a little break before dumping money on keyboards I love again. <3

If LZ CLSs GB is to start after November, that would be perfect and I will be ready to grab a few in different colors now that I've seen how amazing all these colors look.
Maybe if we have colors in addition to Silver, Gray, and Black, like Red in LZ-ST, and other one or two exotic colors, that would be even better, too!

Thanks LZ for all of your efforts, and I look forward to buy more of your master pieces in the years to come!
Appreciate the update and I love how you have the road map for your plans- it helps all of us to plan better and what kind of food we will be eating for the next few months  :thumb:

« Last Edit: Mon, 28 August 2017, 20:48:03 by kconfire »
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline CMYK

« Reply #1004 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 21:15:33 »
Dear members of GeekHack,

Thanks all for joining the Group Buy for the LZ-CLS.

Before I start, I would like to inform everyone that I do not speak English as well as I do in Korean, and that I have been relying on Google Translator for the most part of translations.
It is my hope that I have been conveying my meaning and thoughts to you appropriately and that I was communicative throughout the different stages of the Group Buy.

To begin, I have run a number of Group Buys in the past but this particular Group Buy has proven to be the most challenging one as of yet.

I was a sole person responsible for running the Group Buy making critical decisions- but unfortunately met with some roadblocks such as drastic personal work load increase, and an issue with my PayPal account to list a few.

As for the PayPal issue, my account was put on hold due to a sudden increase of PayPal balance, and is still on hold as I speak.

Therefore, I had to find an additional monetary resource which delayed the timeline for this Group Buy.

Aside from an issue with PayPal, I also ran into a problem with the color Gray as sample tests I have run with the color all failed to meet my standards.  Purchasing a new color for the Gray further delayed the timeline for this Group Buy on top of the PayPal issue.

My sincere apologies to everyone who participated in this Group Buy for any inconvenience the delay may have caused.

To make up for the time lost with unexpected issues during the Group Buy timeline, I wanted to give extra attention to details- I included a cloth with my logo and replaced boxes with a keyboard bag in spite of additional cost involved in bundling them as parts of the LZ-CLS.  I really tried best in my ability to provide you with a most complete package for the LZ-CLS, and I hope you will find your LZ-CLS package to be well-thought out and planned.  However, lots of options can be confusing- if you have any missing parts on your order, please send me a PM for an assistance.

I lost some of my credibility with an incident unintentionally a while ago, but I am doing my best to regain your trust.  I really appreciate all of you who believed in me and helped me with a positive energy.

Going back to the LZ-CLS, it is a TKL layout I have not introduced since LZ-FE.

My next project will be CLSm which will support 75% layout, and it will be the 2nd series of CLS.
Following CLSm, my 3rd project with CLS series will be CLSs which will support 60% layout.  And yes, you will see a support for HHKB as well.

Before I close, I want to disclose that I am directly involved with every aspect of the Group Buy and have been getting supports from my wife and my brother as well as KIN.
Thank you all for reading.

P.S – Please excuse minor scratches and dents.
I will continue to put my efforts to provide you with higher standards.
Made in KOREA

I'm happy for those that are satisfied, but Is there no way to fix any of these issues?  I feel like the CLS doesn't compare to your previous boards like the Finale, and RE that I have seen in person.  As it is right now, I wish I never joined the GB.

Offline kokokoy

« Reply #1005 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 21:22:50 »
Dear members of GeekHack,

Thanks all for joining the Group Buy for the LZ-CLS.

My sincere apologies to everyone who participated in this Group Buy for any inconvenience the delay may have caused.

On my end don't think there were a need for an apology but appreciate it. Sorry to hear the issues you had on this but as far as me being a participant, this was a very smooth GB.

The grey is stunning btw.

Anyway thanks again LZ.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1006 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 22:10:31 »
I'm happy for those that are satisfied, but Is there no way to fix any of these issues?  I feel like the CLS doesn't compare to your previous boards like the Finale, and RE that I have seen in person.  As it is right now, I wish I never joined the GB.

So you've already received the CLS in person?

Please show us via pictures that proves your point with this discussion.

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #1007 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 22:28:22 »
Love seeing more 75% GBs. Most likely in on this one.  :thumb:

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1008 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 22:35:44 »
Excitement turned into tears.. anyone else have marks like this on their case??

Offline Goon

« Reply #1009 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 23:23:17 »

Show Image

I got one ding on it isnt as bad as yours though.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1010 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 23:40:16 »

Show Image

That looks like adhesive residue, not an anodizing defect. Might be the picture, but have you tried rubbing it off?

So you've already received the CLS in person?

Please show us via pictures that proves your point with this discussion.

Agreed. Please back up your point with pictures.

EVERY GB is gonna have a few boards with slight defects. ****, even 356CL had some issues (you ever looked at the bottom of one?), DGEs are infamous for the messed up anodizing on the sides.

From what I've seen of everyone's pictures, the boards are all free of major defects you'll see in day-to-day use. A ding or defect on the back or bottom is nothing to get ultra worried about.

I think people have just become more cognizant of this problem because of the mech27 and x60. Anyone remember how LZ used to ship boards? Remember all those SEs (or was it GH?) with the obliterated corners?

Not that you shouldn't get upset with issues, but I think people are overreacting a bit to incredibly minor defects.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ricyuyc

« Reply #1011 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 08:32:33 »

I received mind couple days ago but just no time to unpack and check until this evening.

The kit is really awesome and I love it so much, the tone differences of grey arn't hard to be noticed however,
also the edges finishing of the switch plate could be done better.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 August 2017, 08:53:08 by ricyuyc »

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1012 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 08:49:41 »

Show Image

That looks like adhesive residue, not an anodizing defect. Might be the picture, but have you tried rubbing it off?

I pm'd LifeZ about it, he said to try some WD40 to wipe it off. I let it soak for a few minutes and gave it a pretty firm rub with some blue shop paper towels but it won't come off. I'm scared to try anything more drastic in fear of scratching it..

I might try some Goo Gone and see if I get better results. I'll report back.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 August 2017, 08:52:52 by digi »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1013 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 09:52:33 »

Show Image

Awe yeah, that sucks.

I have like a slight weird anodization spot above where the Pause/Break key goes. It's not a scratch/dent. The color is just lighter, and it's only visible in certain light, and angle.

And then this. Which looks to be around the same spot as yours.  Again, only visible in certain light, and angle.  I didn't notice it until I pulled the flashlight out.
I don't feel them when I run my nail over them. So I don't think they are scratches.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #1014 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 09:55:18 »

Show Image

I pm'd LifeZ about it, he said to try some WD40 to wipe it off. I let it soak for a few minutes and gave it a pretty firm rub with some blue shop paper towels but it won't come off. I'm scared to try anything more drastic in fear of scratching it..

I might try some Goo Gone and see if I get better results. I'll report back.

Do NOT use oven cleaner...it'll strip the colour! If light chemicals do not remove it, I would suggest against using anything abrasive.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1015 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 12:13:19 »

Show Image

Awe yeah, that sucks.

I have like a slight weird anodization spot above where the Pause/Break key goes. It's not a scratch/dent. The color is just lighter, and it's only visible in certain light, and angle.
Show Image

And then this. Which looks to be around the same spot as yours.  Again, only visible in certain light, and angle.  I didn't notice it until I pulled the flashlight out.
I don't feel them when I run my nail over them. So I don't think they are scratches.
Show Image

Odd, we have it exactly in the same place. I wonder what it's from? Did you get yours off yet? I'm going to try an eraser (as advised from LZ) or Goo Gone when I get home this evening.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1016 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 12:31:09 »

Show Image

Awe yeah, that sucks.

Show Image

Show Image

Odd, we have it exactly in the same place. I wonder what it's from? Did you get yours off yet? I'm going to try an eraser (as advised from LZ) or Goo Gone when I get home this evening.
I've only tried to wipe it off. Might try the eraser idea.
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #1017 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 13:18:06 »
Going back to the LZ-CLS, it is a TKL layout I have not introduced since LZ-FE.

Hmm.. Pretty sure LZ Iron man and LZ-RE are both TKL that came after FE.

I lost some of my credibility with an incident unintentionally a while ago

You mean getting banned from GH for working with Druger? I don't think any reasonable people could blame you for what he did.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1018 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 14:19:57 »
Okay I am done with my build but I am running into a couple of issues with the programming. JigOn doesn't want to connect to my board and while trying to flash the firmware I keep getting the communication error regardless of which USB port I am using. Can anyone help me out?

Edit: I am also getting the windows error "USB device not recognised" and I have to re-plug it like 10 times to get it recognised.

Edit 2: Seems like the USB device error was a thing with my USB hub only. I also managed to program the board on a laptop with a resolution that was too small for JigOn :p Hope I don't need to make any changes soon.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 August 2017, 18:15:25 by Fnzzy »

Offline avid

« Reply #1019 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 15:09:12 »
Gray and black are slightly different color up and down.
Gray made a new color purchase.
But it is not perfect. I am so worried about whether to exclude the gray color in the next GB. stress...HAaaaaaa :-\

I really hope grey is offered in the future. Please don't exclude grey since it's a gorgeous colors. Very happy with mine. Yes, it has small difference, but i would still get the same color again.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1020 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 15:17:55 »
But it is not perfect. I am so worried about whether to exclude the gray color in the next GB. stress...HAaaaaaa :-\

I really hope grey is offered in the future. Please don't exclude grey since it's a gorgeous colors. Very happy with mine. Yes, it has small difference, but i would still get the same color again.

I agree. I just want to get this damn smudge off and I'll be 100% happy with it! :)

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1021 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 15:38:35 »

Show Image

Awe yeah, that sucks.

Show Image

Show Image

I've only tried to wipe it off. Might try the eraser idea.

You could try using https://www.amazon.com/Kano-Kroil-Penetrating-liquid-KROIL/dp/B000F09CF4. I've used it on some of my more expensive 1911's with great success for surface marks such as brass kisses.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1022 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 17:37:19 »

I agree. I just want to get this damn smudge off and I'll be 100% happy with it! :)

LZ actually makes a decent point here.

Dark grey is a VERY hard color to get right consistently. I'd rather he take the eungsam (OTD) approach, and offer silver, black, and one or two other colors (i.e. pink and blue).
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline avid

« Reply #1023 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 17:55:03 »
Out of curiosity, why is dark grey harder then other colors?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1024 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 18:17:25 »
Out of curiosity, why is dark grey harder then other colors?

I'll give the quick explanation. I'm also not an expert, so please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Basically certain alloys of aluminum take anodization better than other alloys. 6061, the kind (most likely, LZ hasn't said what alloy he used) used in this GB is a "NON-AQ" alloy. Non-AQ is the AAC (Aluminum Anodizers Council, learn more at http://www.anodizing.org/?) designation for alloys that aren't good at taking anodization.

More info about which alloys are good for what:

The thing that makes dark grey hard specifically, is that to get it right, you basically have to anodize the object black, but not too black. It stresses the aluminum out, and can cause discoloration.

Now, you might be wondering, "Puddsy, why doesn't every GB run in 6063?" Well, funny you should ask that. MIRA SE (I was confused with the OMIRA, the Chinese one, but the principle still applies) is being run in 6063, but if you look at the lunar grey color (Dark grey with a green hue), you'll see that it's not perfectly dark grey. Every alloy adds a bit of a hue from the non-aluminum metals that are mixed in. 6061 adds a dark grey hue. 6063 adds a green hue. Also, because 6063 is an AQ-type, it's more expensive than 6061, so the overhead costs are smaller.

Hopefully that makes some semblance of sense. 
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 August 2017, 20:00:58 by Puddsy »

Offline avid

« Reply #1025 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 18:33:12 »
Great explanation! Very informative.

So that explains why we see different shades of colors such as blue-grey, green-grey etc.

When getting small variations in color, id assume that is not because the top- and bottom cases are being ran in separate batches but rather that the aluminum react different to the stress?

Never thought i'd be interested in aluminum anodization.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1026 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 18:49:03 »
When getting small variations in color, id assume that is not because the top- and bottom cases are being ran in separate batches but rather that the aluminum react different to the stress?

1) I'm actually incorrect, I got a very nice PM about it. It's not because of stresses on the metal, it's because it's a "chaotic electrobonding process," and there's no "canned" grey color like with cerakote. You're basically forcing the aluminum to be dark grey, and inconsistencies just show up more often in that color.

Cerakote would be a better way of getting boards the color we want. There are more color options, it's more durable, it's more consistent, and it's cheaper. They have free samples in the US on their website, if you're interested

2) Neither did I, but here we are.

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
« Reply #1027 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 19:35:30 »

1) I'm actually incorrect, I got a very nice PM about it. It's not because of stresses on the metal, it's because it's a "chaotic electrobonding process," and there's no "canned" grey color like with cerakote. You're basically forcing the aluminum to be dark grey, and inconsistencies just show up more often in that color.

Cerakote would be a better way of getting boards the color we want. There are more color options, it's more durable, it's more consistent, and it's cheaper. They have free samples in the US on their website, if you're interested

That's right,
I am always stressed by anodizing
All moderators will be the same.   :confused:
LZ Limited

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
« Reply #1028 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 19:35:43 »
Hello all,

I received a number of PMs regarding several issues.

I just wanted to say that not everyone will have a same set of standards, and there may be areas where I might have missed.

I will determine an extent as to what will be considered normal, and what will be considered not normal, or defective.

I will address issues and provide replacements in some cases as needed, but please understand that the availability of replacement parts is very limited as I only have a handful of Top & Bottom cases.

I can and will try my best to fix defective parts if you would like, but I cannot guarantee the result is going to be perfect.

For a few cases, I will process a partial refund or a full refund, and I will stay on GeekHack.

Thanks all  :thumb:
LZ Limited

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1029 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 19:40:55 »
Hello all,

I received a number of PMs regarding several issues.

I just wanted to say that not everyone will have a same set of standards, and there may be areas where I might have missed.

I will determine an extent as to what will be considered normal, and what will be considered not normal, or defective.

I will address issues and provide replacements in some cases as needed, but please understand that the availability of replacement parts is very limited as I only have a handful of Top & Bottom cases.

I can and will try my best to fix defective parts if you would like, but I cannot guarantee the result is going to be perfect.

For a few cases, I will process a partial refund or a full refund, and I will stay on GeekHack.

Thanks all  :thumb:

Thanks LZ.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1030 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 20:20:03 »
Thanks for the GB LZ! I am using the board right now and it's absolutely stunning! A few hiccups on the way but that's to be expected.

Bonus props for running a GB with google translate being your main tool of communication. :p

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1031 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 21:42:14 »
Okay I am done with my build but I am running into a couple of issues with the programming. JigOn doesn't want to connect to my board and while trying to flash the firmware I keep getting the communication error regardless of which USB port I am using. Can anyone help me out?

Edit: I am also getting the windows error "USB device not recognised" and I have to re-plug it like 10 times to get it recognised.

Edit 2: Seems like the USB device error was a thing with my USB hub only. I also managed to program the board on a laptop with a resolution that was too small for JigOn :p Hope I don't need to make any changes soon.

Always connect directly to your PC and use a USB 2 port if available.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1032 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 21:48:03 »

I tried cerakote with an eye of offering it as an option for the Mira. The shop tried 5 times and could not get a consistent color. If the board has been anodized more than once it can be an issue. Sandblasting will cause streaks when cerakote is applied. Not as simple as it sounds.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1033 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 22:07:11 »

I tried cerakote with an eye of offering it as an option for the Mira. The shop tried 5 times and could not get a consistent color. If the board has been anodized more than once it can be an issue. Sandblasting will cause streaks when cerakote is applied. Not as simple as it sounds.

All types of cerakote are not created equal, the one that should be used is this stuff, according to the shop up by my college.

In fairness, I don't have a ton of experience with cerakote.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #1034 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 06:55:36 »
Following CLSm, my 3rd project with CLS series will be CLSs which will support 60% layout.  And yes, you will see a support for HHKB as well.

Any chance for wkl blockers on the 60? I feel like HHKB layout is just so overdone in the community right now...

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1035 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 07:06:35 »

Any chance for wkl blockers on the 60? I feel like HHKB layout is just so overdone in the community right now...
+1 Blockers option would be cool.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline kconfire

« Reply #1036 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 07:58:35 »

No, I like HHKB layout what are you talking about?  :p

Offline odd

« Reply #1037 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 21:26:20 »
My First LZ.

http://imgur.com/a/cykV6

Came out perfect. I am just waiting for a couple things before i can build it. This weekend is going to be awesome
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 August 2017, 21:30:58 by odd »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1038 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 23:59:11 »

Take this perverted individual down into the basement, for some serious TKL conversion therapy   :thumb: .

Offline kconfire

« Reply #1039 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 00:03:59 »

Take this perverted individual down into the basement, for some serious TKL conversion therapy   :thumb: .

Call me perverted, but I am about to be the owner of Black Viper v2, Silver Viper v2, and an Acrylic Viper v2! lol
Depending on my financial situation I will also be buying all color combination of CLSs.

HHKB is life :-)

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1040 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 06:10:31 »
buy me one too bra thanccs bb

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1041 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 12:31:53 »

Show Image

Awe yeah, that sucks.

Show Image

Show Image

Did you find a way to get those smudges off the anodizing? I'm still waiting on LZ to respond about how to remove it.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1042 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 12:35:45 »

Show Image

Awe yeah, that sucks.

Show Image

Show Image

Did you find a way to get those smudges off the anodizing? I'm still waiting on LZ to respond about how to remove it.
No. I tried an eraser, and lightly used a Magic Eraser. Nothing got it off.
I'm pretty positive it's not a adhesive residue.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1043 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 12:37:42 »

Show Image

Awe yeah, that sucks.

Show Image

Show Image

No. I tried an eraser, and lightly used a Magic Eraser. Nothing got it off.
I'm pretty positive it's not a adhesive residue.

I agree. I let some Goo Gone sit on it for 30 minutes and wiped it with a paper towel and no change. I also tried warm water and some light dish soap. It's definitely not residue.

Has to be something during the anodizing/manufacturing process because we have it in the same spot.

Offline avid

« Reply #1044 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 12:54:22 »
In future GB, is engraved (brass) weights something thats on the table?

Would love a LZ engraved brass weight and id happily pay extra for it.

Offline WiNloSt

« Reply #1045 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 16:23:25 »
Hi, I just finished my first custom keyboard, but could I ask some stupid question?

What are these for? I guess the rubber pad should be place around the bottom of the PCB, but I'm not sure what's the other two are.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1046 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 16:26:37 »
Hi, I just finished my first custom keyboard, but could I ask some stupid question?

What are these for? I guess the rubber pad should be place around the bottom of the PCB, but I'm not sure what's the other two are.

They look like replacement diodes/resistors for the PCB.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1047 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 16:33:21 »

Rubber pads go under the case and the other things are just diodes and resistors in case one goes bad or you knock one off the PCB by accident.
I think these extra resistors/diodes are a nice touch, I got some with my TX87 and they've saved my ass twice already (though for different boards).

Offline WiNloSt

« Reply #1048 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 16:42:18 »
Thank you both.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
« Reply #1049 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 19:04:30 »

It is a extra resistors/diodes!!
LZ Limited