Author Topic: RAMA PBT Heavy Industry set  (Read 8925 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
RAMA PBT Heavy Industry set
« on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 04:44:16 »
I would like to buy this set and was wondering how does it feel etc.
Anyone has this set?
What can you say about it? Does it feel awesome? How does it sound?

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline timbaaa

Re: RAMA PBT Heavy Industry set
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 00:37:47 »
This is my first ePBT set and I find the quality to be fair for the price.
No ragerts.

There are minor imperfections (some sprue marks and hairline scrapes around the sides) when inspecting them closely but none of these has bothered me when I have it on the board.
FWIW I'm can't say that I'm picky with keysets because I have not had the chance to compare this with any GMK set yet.

The bolder fonts suprised me and I am liking it more than I thought I would.
IMO it goes very well with polycarbonate Think 6.5.
Paired it with Gateron Milky Yellow (unlubed) on the Think 6.5 and I am really liking the sound and feel of this combo.
After breaking the keys and lubing them, I can only imagine sound will get better.

229953-0
229955-1

Offline phinix

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 02:45:48 »
This is my first ePBT set and I find the quality to be fair for the price.
No ragerts.

There are minor imperfections (some sprue marks and hairline scrapes around the sides) when inspecting them closely but none of these has bothered me when I have it on the board.
FWIW I'm can't say that I'm picky with keysets because I have not had the chance to compare this with any GMK set yet.

The bolder fonts suprised me and I am liking it more than I thought I would.
IMO it goes very well with polycarbonate Think 6.5.
Paired it with Gateron Milky Yellow (unlubed) on the Think 6.5 and I am really liking the sound and feel of this combo.
After breaking the keys and lubing them, I can only imagine sound will get better.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Oooh, lovely photos, thank you.
Sounds good then, I also like that font. Specially on mods, looking nice and fresh:)
For this price I also think that you can't go wrong, nice font, colors as well.
I believe that white isn't really white, it looks like some kind of cream-ish?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline timbaaa

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 03:49:36 »
They are actually white. Those earlier photos were taken with a phone.
It was the warmer white balance and the not-so-white curtains diffusing the light that makes it appear like a light cream.

These photos are more accurate. Taken outdoors (overcast sky):

This is close to what my eyes see.
229957-0

This one is slightly underexposed.
229959-1

Offline phinix

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 04:06:15 »
It was the warmer white balance and the not-so-white curtains diffusing the light that makes it appear like a light cream.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Aaah, ok, cool, I see.
So they look like Topre Realforce caps then. This is actually great, as when I'm gonna mod my future Realforce R2 with mx caps, these would be a nice Topre-like caps, plus the yellow accent is really pretty addition.

Offline phinix

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 15:13:42 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Can I ask you a favoure? Would you be able to take some photos of those caps up close?
I would like to see the actual stem and whole botom fot he cap - for example enter cap and one of the letters.

What is the profile of this set? Doesn't look uniform, that's for sure.

I found some isssue with GMK cap son Novatouch or Realforce keyboard modded with NT sliders - apparently enter cap is pretty low and stem length is so short that this cap hits the switch housing making weird noise.
I woul dliek to see if these have same stem length...