Author Topic: [WTB] Focus FK-555 with blue Alps  (Read 2298 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hello and welcome.
[WTB] Focus FK-555 with blue Alps
« on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 09:09:01 »
For once, it doesn't matter if it's not clean! I want to do a restoration video (along with some experiments I want to run) for Alps switches and this is a perfect opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. And of course there will also be an FK-555 review and a TDXL!

Let me know if anyone has a Focus 555 with blue Alps :) .

(a clean one is also not a problem, then I'll get another project board xD)
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: [WTB] Focus FK-555 with blue Alps
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 22 December 2018, 18:54:33 »
bumpli

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 09:14:30 »
plz halp guys D:

Offline the_ambyguous

• there's a fine line between click and clack
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 02:19:13 »
not only is that a particularly uncommon focus keyboard, trying to find blue switches for a reasonable price in this day and age is damn near impossible x(
I sold a leading edge 2014 with blue alps in its original box in great condition for $200 in 2017. same exact condition keyboard with box is listed on ebay for $500. i needed the money at the time but i deeply regret it. not because id want to sell it again for a higher price, but because they were quite pleasant to type on. my main build has orange alps right now and i cant help but wonder what a blue aek60 wouldve felt like. granted back then then I didn't even know they made 60% alps pcbs. what a shame. good luck with your search
Magnavox Typewriter | AEK64 | 658-4081 | Leading Edge 3501 | Omnikey Orange | 197Stotle | MPC2000

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 02:41:28 »
not only is that a particularly uncommon focus keyboard, trying to find blue switches for a reasonable price in this day and age is damn near impossible x(
I sold a leading edge 2014 with blue alps in its original box in great condition for $200 in 2017. same exact condition keyboard with box is listed on ebay for $500. i needed the money at the time but i deeply regret it. not because id want to sell it again for a higher price, but because they were quite pleasant to type on. my main build has orange alps right now and i cant help but wonder what a blue aek60 wouldve felt like. granted back then then I didn't even know they made 60% alps pcbs. what a shame. good luck with your search
Thanks; it is actually already underway to me ;D .