Author Topic: the Norbaforce: after-market housing for RealForce TKL keyboards — SHIPPED  (Read 251718 times)

Offline EugeneYap83

If there is interest for a PVD finish then it's doable :)

I'm looking forward to it.
Are you planning to just sell the switch plate alone as an option?
Please excuses my shameless question.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
If there is interest for a PVD finish then it's doable :)

I'm looking forward to it.
Are you planning to just sell the switch plate alone as an option?
Please excuses my shameless question.

Yes, I think it's important to make the parts fully compatible with each other (Norbaforce, stock, etc). Otherwise it just splits the community up and I see no benefit to that :p

Anywa, I don't want to gunk up this thread so any more questions should go here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=93088.150 :-*

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
The Norbaforces have arrived! Of course, they cleared customs and arrived, without warning, at a somewhat inopportune moment, as I’m at the Seattle keyboard meetup this weekend and then a conference next week, but participants who got anodized units can expect tracking numbers just over a week from now (week of 6 August). This is because I hand-inspect, assemble, sign, and number each one myself before shipping them out individually. :)

Oh, and the powder coat units should have that process begin on Monday before I head to Vegas.  :thumb:

Offline Burt Macklin

Wonderful news!
Thanks for the update  :thumb:

Any idea when EU people can expect them?

Offline richard912

The Norbaforces have arrived! Of course, they cleared customs and arrived, without warning, at a somewhat inopportune moment, as I’m at the Seattle keyboard meetup this weekend and then a conference next week, but participants who got anodized units can expect tracking numbers just over a week from now (week of 6 August). This is because I hand-inspect, assemble, sign, and number each one myself before shipping them out individually. :)

Oh, and the powder coat units should have that process begin on Monday before I head to Vegas.  :thumb:

Thanks for the update!

Offline hayt

• * Maker
Ayyyy! So fkn excited.

Offline norbauer

Wonderful news!
Thanks for the update  :thumb:

Any idea when EU people can expect them?

EU folks who used the proxy will have to wait until all the powder coated cases are complete so the single batch shipment of both anodized and power cases can go the Belgium. I've upgraded to a much more production style powder vendor and their promised turnaround is relatively fast compared to the past shops I've used (one month), especially for such a large order. However, I never believe factories anymore when they promise turnaround times. =\ I should have a more specific estimate in a couple of weeks.

Offline Lansky

• Realest motherthocker
Thanks for the update, Ryan.

Super excited!
Norbaforce (88UB, BKE Heavy, silenced), Noxary XRF (stock 87UB, 55g) Singa R2 (retooled MX Blacks w/ 68g catweewee springs), LZ GH V2 (V1 Zealios 67g), RAMA U80-A (Holy GSUS)

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe

Amazing news, does this go for international non-proxy anodized customers too?

Offline chakku

• airi.su

Will we get the opportunity to change our delivery address before you send it out as I think you mentioned near the beginning of the preordering stage?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"

nice
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Retrospects

If anyone is interested in selling their spot or if any extras become available I’d certainly be interested! Thanks!

Offline donhonk

Will we get the opportunity to change our delivery address before you send it out as I think you mentioned near the beginning of the preordering stage?

Also have this question, as I've moved in the time after ordering!

Offline mrkevint

• OK.
I have the Aerospace Aluminum standard case on order. Would anyone with a different color be willing to trade?

I'd prefer a black finish (due to my key caps) but I'm open to whatever is out there. Please PM me if you are interested!

Offline Luna

Anyone wants to get rid of his Norbaforce with Winkey (so no blockers)?

Offline alisonica

I should have a more specific estimate in a couple of weeks.

So Ryan CNC'd this Pantone Winkey Norbaforce for me, but it was supposed to be Winkeyless in my original order, he was very responsible and replaced my order with another Winkeyless, and I assured him that people would be looking for extras. et voilΰ  :p

I'm not sure if he still has it though.

Offline 4everJayWalking

If anyone is rethinking their purchase shoot me a pm. Looking to pick one up! Not super picky on color.

Offline letze

• Here I am~

Just shoot him an email mention you want to change address. Be quick as I believe next week he will start shipping for anodized case  :-*
HHKB Professional 2 Type S Stock | Topre RF 87U + Norbaforce + Mix BKE Heavy 60g/ Stock 55g + Silencing ring + Slight lubed with [Krytox GPL 105 housing] & [Krytox GPL 205 stab]

Offline Luna

So Ryan CNC'd this Pantone Winkey Norbaforce for me, but it was supposed to be Winkeyless in my original order, he was very responsible and replaced my order with another Winkeyless, and I assured him that people would be looking for extras. et voilΰ  :p

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll PM him.
What color would it be?

Offline salvanipour

Curious about the opportunity for weighted brass/PVD plates. Definitely don’t want to miss out on being able to make this case even more robust.

Offline alisonica

What color would it be?

It was supposed to be Pantone, but i'm pretty sure it hasn't reached the paint shop yet.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker

What color would it be?

It was supposed to be Pantone, but i'm pretty sure it hasn't reached the paint shop yet.

Pantone isn't a color, it's the company that manage color standards..?

Offline Luna

That’s what I thought.

Offline Lansky

• Realest motherthocker
Curious about the opportunity for weighted brass/PVD plates. Definitely don’t want to miss out on being able to make this case even more robust.

Ay, same here. That combined with xondat's brass/PVD plate and we're reaching end-game level within the Realforce realm.
Norbaforce (88UB, BKE Heavy, silenced), Noxary XRF (stock 87UB, 55g) Singa R2 (retooled MX Blacks w/ 68g catweewee springs), LZ GH V2 (V1 Zealios 67g), RAMA U80-A (Holy GSUS)

Offline Choobies

That’s what I thought.

My guess is he means it was going to be colored in a Pantone of his choice, but he didn't specify which one to us.

Offline hayt

• * Maker
Anxiously awaiting a tracking notification :eyes:

Offline norbauer

I’m back from the conference today and will be packing/shipping all day. :)

Offline Lansky

• Realest motherthocker

You absolute tease, you!  ;D

Offline vinzlr

Sorry if I missed this somewhere. Do you think the powder coated cases will be shipping this month or the next?

Thanks!

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe

Damn that's exciting! Also so jealous of the conference, saw Patrick Stewart was there!

Offline moitorpsychoo

I’m back from the conference today and will be packing/shipping all day.
Hey Ryan! Have you check your emails lately? I’m sure you are very busy, I emailed you about changing address 2 days ago but haven’t heard from you yet don’t want to miss the case since I moved to another city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 August 2018, 04:28:09 by moitorpsychoo »

Offline norbauer

I’m back from the conference today and will be packing/shipping all day.
Hey Ryan! Have you check your emails lately? I’m sure you are very busy, I emailed you about changing address 2 days ago but haven’t heard from you yet don’t want to miss the case since I moved to another city

I believe that I've replied to all outstanding emails requesting address updates as of yesterday. If you haven't heard back from me confirming an address update that your requested, please send an email to shop@norbauer.com to ensure it didn't slip through the cracks somehow. :)

Offline norbauer

Sorry if I missed this somewhere. Do you think the powder coated cases will be shipping this month or the next?

Thanks!

For powder, very likely next month rather than this. The finishing process on those has begun, but there are so many colors in this run (by popular demand)—it'll likely take some time.

Offline HotRoderX

Few quick questions. How are these shipping and do we get a email from paypal are directly from your website? I am so excited I keep checking my email every few hours.

Offline Rumblehotep

Can't wait for unboxing vids

Offline norbauer

Few quick questions. How are these shipping and do we get a email from paypal are directly from your website? I am so excited I keep checking my email every few hours.

You'll get an email from Shopify. Note that I've been issuing the labels today, but the batch pickup won't be until Friday (I'm in San Diego tomorrow).

Offline regionfree

Goooooot my shipping notification for the aluminum set! Waiting on the black one now :D Excited for this!

Offline awhitedev

Goooooot my shipping notification for the aluminum set! Waiting on the black one now :D Excited for this!

I'm jealous! Out of curiosity when did you place your order? I imagine they are going out in the order of when the order was received right?

Offline Fadamaque

Still no shipping confirmation here. Ordered 12.31.2017.
RF87U, HHKB

Offline awhitedev

I'm jealous! Out of curiosity when did you place your order? I imagine they are going out in the order of when the order was received right?

I got my notification yesterday! I ordered mine on 11/25. The hype!

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit

Did you use a proxy? Norbauer commented above with information on that.

Offline Fadamaque

Norway is not a part of the EU, so I did not use the proxy.
RF87U, HHKB

Offline norbauer

Norway is not a part of the EU, so I did not use the proxy.

I take care to ship in sequence that orders were placed where possible, but sometimes for logistical reasons I have to break things up between US and international orders or between certain SKUs (though even in those cases I got in order sequence). I'm still finishing up shipping the last few international orders in the the aerospace finishes, which I'll probably finish up today.

Please also note that, thanks to new Shopify functionality, you most likely won't actually get the tracking number email until the day that the package is picked up. All of the labels that I printed yesterday (Friday) afternoon and evening after the USPS and UPS pickups occurred, for example, won't actually send shipping notifications until Monday. Fadamque, you may be in that category, as I specifically remember printing a few Norway orders late last night.

BTW, omg, so many keyboard boxes. x_X The UPS guy burst out in laughter yesterday when I opened my garage door.

Here are just the first two piles:

Offline le_wraith

I'm in San Francisco and got tactical black... Hoping I might get a nice surprise next week!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline Fadamaque

Oh, wow, thanks for the update, Norbauer! A friend of mine had received his shipping info, although he ordered much later than me, so I i kind of panicked a wee bit. Sorry!
RF87U, HHKB

Offline fine_italian_leather

That's a lot of keyboards. Must have felt good to get them out of the house and on their way.

Offline norbauer

Oh, wow, thanks for the update, Norbauer! A friend of mine had received his shipping info, although he ordered much later than me, so I i kind of panicked a wee bit. Sorry!

Hehe. No need to apologize! Sorry for causing confusion.

That's a lot of keyboards. Must have felt good to get them out of the house and on their way.

Seriously. Now just got to get the powder coat ones taken care of. But the break in between the two batches is surely for the best. It has been an exhausting week and I could use a rest before needing to build another huge mountain of those boxes.  :D

I'm in San Francisco and got tactical black... Hoping I might get a nice surprise next week!

Unless you had it in a combined order with powder-coated cases, you might well get it either today or Monday. I believe all the domestic orders went out via USPS or UPS yesterday afternoon.

I'm currently working on an unboxing/assembly video to show how things to together. Hopefully I'll have time to get it up before folks start getting their boxes.

Offline Fadamaque

Are there any special tools needed for the job?
RF87U, HHKB

Offline Kerasan

I'm currently working on an unboxing/assembly video to show how things to together. Hopefully I'll have time to get it up before folks start getting their boxes.

oh yes, we are all curious  :p

KMK Labs.

Offline norbauer

Are there any special tools needed for the job?

the only thing you'll need that isn't included in the box is a Phillips-head screwdriver for the grounding screw in the RealForce plate.