geekhack Community > Off Topic

What's your favorite music to listen to? Or, what have you listened to lately?

<< < (2/6) > >>

alertArchitect:

--- Quote from: StickyBlueJuice on Mon, 15 February 2021, 12:27:42 ---Lately lots of Soilwork and a little Dark Tranquility.
Recently re-discovered Soilwork after not having listened to them since Stabbing the Drama.
Whoo boy have they done some neat stuff since. :D

--- End quote ---

I'll have to look into Soilwork if they're being spoken of in the same breath as Dark Tranquility! Honestly, DT is one of my favorite melodic death metal bands. Their newest album, Moment, is honestly something I would have jammed to more when it first dropped if KGATLW hadn't dropped their album KG pretty soon after, iirc. Might listen to it a bit more soon!

--- Quote from: Faceman76 on Mon, 15 February 2021, 12:16:19 ---Newest albums I've picked up are the White Stripes Greatest Hits, Ohms by Deftones and Tool's Fear Inoculum.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Never really listened to Deftones, and my family tend to be more into Tool than I am, but The White Stripes have a solid library. Good choices!

Olumin:
Really the same Ive been listening to for years. Military songs and marches, and 50s-60s hits from Dino, Frank and Bing. Sometimes Nat. Also Elvis. Of cause.

Ill also periodically listen to late 70s, 80s and 90s rock.

And Believe it or not, I even like listening to synthwave.

SBJ:

--- Quote from: alertArchitect on Mon, 15 February 2021, 12:36:11 ---
--- Quote from: StickyBlueJuice on Mon, 15 February 2021, 12:27:42 ---Lately lots of Soilwork and a little Dark Tranquility.
Recently re-discovered Soilwork after not having listened to them since Stabbing the Drama.
Whoo boy have they done some neat stuff since. :D

--- End quote ---

I'll have to look into Soilwork if they're being spoken of in the same breath as Dark Tranquility! Honestly, DT is one of my favorite melodic death metal bands. Their newest album, Moment, is honestly something I would have jammed to more when it first dropped if KGATLW hadn't dropped their album KG pretty soon after, iirc. Might listen to it a bit more soon!

--- End quote ---
DT's Atoma is also pretty fantastic I've found. :)

Yeah really getting into a melo-death groove lately.

alertArchitect:

--- Quote from: Olumin on Mon, 15 February 2021, 13:42:40 ---Really the same Ive been listening to for years. Military songs and marches, and 50s-60s hits from Dino, Frank and Bing. Sometimes Nat. Also Elvis. Of cause.

Ill also periodically listen to late 70s, 80s and 90s rock.

And Believe it or not, I even like listening to synthwave.

--- End quote ---

You may want to look into King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, then. Their style, and recording method, lead to a sound that feels like 70s rock, but with a bit of a modern twist and feel (such as an album based around a guitar they modded for microtones, the smallest intervals between musical notes humans can hear. It's called Flying Microtonal Banana, if you're interested, though their recent album KG also experiments with the style.). They are incredibly talented musicians.

Darthbaggins:
Normally I prefer to listen to Power, Symphonic, thrash, and/or instrumental Metal - the one genre that has a wide variety within it's own and some amazing guitarists and drummers compared to other genres. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version