Author Topic: TikTok Stealing User Data?? SHOCKING!  (Read 5859 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: TikTok Stealing User Data?? SHOCKING!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 19 July 2022, 00:13:59 »
this is no different than what apple, google and microsoft tracks.  unless we stop using everything, taking one of these companies out of the rotation is pointless, there will be more.

we should go back to low tech phones. delete all social media.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 19 July 2022, 08:02:04 »
I don't believe it. That would be like saying that most Twitter traffic is bots and spam.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 19 July 2022, 10:56:00 »
I just watch Instagram reels... it's all TikTok content but now I hand my data to Meta/Facebook instead.  BRILLIANT  :p

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 19 July 2022, 11:01:58 »
this is no different than what apple, google and microsoft tracks.  unless we stop using everything, taking one of these companies out of the rotation is pointless, there will be more.

we should go back to low tech phones. delete all social media.

Or enforcing agencies could be even more diligent about what can and cannot be tracked and enforce laws.  It's like you're saying we should all ride bicycles because the highways are filled with people going whatever speed they choose.  When putting up speed limit signs and enforcing them fixes a lot of the problems.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 19 July 2022, 20:20:43 »
To the surprise of absolutely no one:
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/privacy-2/2022/07/tiktok-is-unacceptable-security-risk-and-should-be-removed-from-app-stores-says-fcc/

Show Image

I hate the cost that comes with browsing the platform, because most of the creators are good people

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 08:38:13 »
Tik-Tok bad >:D

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 09:01:05 »
Or enforcing agencies could be even more diligent about what can and cannot be tracked and enforce laws.  It's like you're saying we should all ride bicycles because the highways are filled with people going whatever speed they choose.  When putting up speed limit signs and enforcing them fixes a lot of the problems.

They would have to be independent agencies,  and there's no such thing as an independent agency in our world.

it doesn't matter who sets it up or how it's set up, over time, they will be impregnated with industry lobbyists because that's how CAPITALISM works.    The system will always be beholden to SOME monetary aggregate.

It's like starting ANOTHER police station, eventually, it'll be full of racists and kkk and school dropouts.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 13:54:36 »
[ Specified attachment is not available ]

They would have to be independent agencies,  and there's no such thing as an independent agency in our world.

it doesn't matter who sets it up or how it's set up, over time, they will be impregnated with industry lobbyists because that's how CAPITALISM works.    The system will always be beholden to SOME monetary aggregate.

It's like starting ANOTHER police station, eventually, it'll be full of racists and kkk.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 07 December 2022, 08:58:44 »

should get some information about us

Yea, that's the ticket.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline RitzyKraken

• Ritzy Kraken
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 11 January 2023, 11:39:09 »
I’ve never made a TikTok account for this reason. It’s one of the only things Trump got right. 😂
Artisan wrist rest maker in the USA
https://www.instagram.com/ritzykraken/

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 11 January 2023, 16:09:26 »
I think banning it outright is going too far, although I do think the platform and format is nothing but damaging to brains and society.
Probably damaging to the US as well in terms of stolen data.

But the platform has proven it can basically do no wrong, even with people knowing how bad it is they still use it daily.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 18 January 2023, 11:12:06 »
I do think the platform and format is nothing but damaging to brains and society.
Yes, me too. I see people mindlessly watching for all hours of the day : (
And seems to be more of them every year
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 January 2023, 16:49:29 by treeleaf64 »
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 20 January 2023, 03:33:37 »
But the platform has proven it can basically do no wrong, even with people knowing how bad it is they still use it daily.
Yup.
I've been telling people how bad TikTok is and how it steals data nobody seems to care.