geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

[Old] Keepers of the Faith Mission Statement - GH Wiki

<< < (27/28) > >>

SpAmRaY:

--- Quote from: jdcarpe on Thu, 26 March 2015, 22:05:29 ---I may be moving to a different staff position

--- End quote ---

#hype

davkol:
There's always the Deskthority Wiki, eh.

jdcarpe:

--- Quote from: davkol on Fri, 27 March 2015, 10:59:02 ---There's always the Deskthority Wiki, eh.

--- End quote ---

Yes, and really not much of a need to overlap information, I don't think.

nubbinator:

--- Quote from: jdcarpe on Fri, 27 March 2015, 10:10:07 ---
--- Quote from: nubbinator on Thu, 26 March 2015, 23:06:53 ---So have we given up on the idea of a Wiki?

--- End quote ---

What do you think of a "wiki" in this style? This was my effort to present information in a logical way.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69582.0

--- End quote ---

It's ok, but it's still missing a lot and some good links.  There's also the problem that some of the guides have newer counterparts, some of which are better in some areas maybe worse in others.  A proper wiki gives more room to add and adjust things, to make it so people are better informed, and make it so people don't have to go digging through sometimes 50+ pages to find something helpful.

jdcarpe:

--- Quote from: nubbinator on Fri, 27 March 2015, 11:18:06 ---
--- Quote from: jdcarpe on Fri, 27 March 2015, 10:10:07 ---
--- Quote from: nubbinator on Thu, 26 March 2015, 23:06:53 ---So have we given up on the idea of a Wiki?

--- End quote ---

What do you think of a "wiki" in this style? This was my effort to present information in a logical way.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69582.0

--- End quote ---

It's ok, but it's still missing a lot and some good links.  There's also the problem that some of the guides have newer counterparts, some of which are better in some areas maybe worse in others.  A proper wiki gives more room to add and adjust things, to make it so people are better informed, and make it so people don't have to go digging through sometimes 50+ pages to find something helpful.

--- End quote ---

It wasn't supposed to be all-inclusive. That was just a test of how to organize the information without having 20+ stickies at the top of MST.

What's the point of having a proper wiki, when DT has one? Having the info indexed in a post, and pointing to another thread allows for the information to be thoroughly discussed.

If people want a true wiki, that's fine. I didn't think there was enough interest to get one going.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version