Author Topic: KEYCON WEST 2014!  (Read 217775 times)

Offline yicaoyimu

Re: KEYCON WEST 2014!
« Reply #400 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 00:29:59 »
What do people usually bring to KEYCON? Most of my good stuff is at school, not at Bay area, but I do have a Duck Orion and some Clacks here. Not sure whether that's something worth bringing to KEYCON...
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #401 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 00:35:50 »
What do people usually bring to KEYCON? Most of my good stuff is at school, not at Bay area, but I do have a Duck Orion and some Clacks here. Not sure whether that's something worth bringing to KEYCON...

Bring lots of chocolate for CdtChocoFiend.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #402 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 00:38:08 »

Bring lots of chocolate for CdtChocoFiend.

I'm asking a serious question... I've never been to this kind of events before. I have absolutely no idea.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #403 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 01:15:51 »
Bring whatever you like lol. I'm pretty sure you're a grown person and can make a decision. There's never been any "rules" as to what you should bring. I can only bring what can fit in my carryon baggage so I'm probably only bringing my Kingsaver and KMAC. Maybe the Zero if I get it fixed up.

I've never seen the Orion so that would be cool to see.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #404 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 01:36:52 »
Bring whatever you like lol. I'm pretty sure you're a grown person and can make a decision. There's never been any "rules" as to what you should bring. I can only bring what can fit in my carryon baggage so I'm probably only bringing my Kingsaver and KMAC. Maybe the Zero if I get it fixed up.

I've never seen the Orion so that would be cool to see.

I asked that just so that I don't embarrass myself. Thanks for clearing up my concerns!  :))

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #405 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 07:48:46 »
I asked that just so that I don't embarrass myself. Thanks for clearing up my concerns!  :))

No worries! Just bring whatever you like. Bring something cool to show off, or something rare for everyone to try, or just whatever keyboard is closest to hand. I've never gone either, but you really can't go wrong here.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #406 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 08:40:28 »
Ideally, people just bring anything and everything they have. That's my favorite part about meetups. I get to try a *ton* of different keyboards. From WASD to 456GTs.

I don't think you'd embarass yourself unless you brought a Dell Rubberdome :)). And even then, Sifo brought a DT35 last year which was amazing.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #407 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 10:55:59 »
Yes. The website, 724support.com, is in huge red letters in the OP. The address then can be found here. But you're right, the address should be put somewhere more conspicuous.

KeyCon West 2014 is in my company's office building. Here is the address:

724support.com
Stand Sure Systems
1077B Independence Ave
Mountain View, CA 94043
650-967-9070

How is that?

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  I tossed the same spam in the OP of both threads.  Sorry mkawa!
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 July 2014, 11:02:01 by samwisekoi »
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #408 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 20:54:09 »
Yo real talk: Can we have TVs with the world cup on? And will anyone have a laptop? I wanna catch some Evo. I gotta get my fix of Super Smash Bros and Marvel vs Capcom!

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #409 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 21:44:21 »
Yo real talk: Can we have TVs with the world cup on? And will anyone have a laptop? I wanna catch some Evo. I gotta get my fix of Super Smash Bros and Marvel vs Capcom!

I know my family would love to watch the world cup (me not so much). If you want I can bring a laptop. Nothing fancy or anything - but it can view a stream and has hdmi out.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #410 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 22:51:15 »
Please bring one. I don't think my Chromebook can handle streams for long periods of time. Nor does it have PowerPoint which is what I just did my presentation in @.@

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #411 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 22:54:05 »
So checklist - bluetooth HHKB, Cards against humanity, Laptop, other random stuff.

Looks like I am taking care of everything for you CPT :P

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #412 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 23:12:01 »
Looks like I am taking care of everything for you CPT :P

My man ;)

Offline EvilHMB

« Reply #413 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 23:22:35 »
Omg cba plays brawl.

DasKeyboard4Professional   KBTalking Pro              HHKB Professional
( Blue Switches)                  ( Red Switches)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #414 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 23:27:01 »
I'm terrible at Brawl but I love the game and the competitive scene :D. And yeah I play, just poorly ^__^

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #415 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 10:58:39 »
lol cap, I'll bring my spare laptop for you if you want.

I will of course be bringing my "main" laptop to give the presentation with.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #416 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 11:38:07 »
Checking in somewhat late here, but I'll be there next weekend.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #417 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 12:02:59 »
There are many exciting things going on besides Keycon next weekend!! Redbull BattleGrounds Atlanta for some sexy SC2 action. Evo 2014 for Melee and Mahval baybay. And the World Cup! Gotta keep an eye on all of them and my Chromebook won't like 2 steams at once :(.

So I appreciate the offers for laptops ^__^
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 July 2014, 12:24:24 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #418 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 12:21:02 »
There are many exciting things going on besides Keycon next weekend!! Redbull BattleGrounds Atlanta for some sexy SC2 action. Evo 2014 for Brawl and Mahval baybay. And the World Cup! Gotta keep an eye on all of them and my Chromebook won't like 2 steams at once :(.

So I appreciate the offers for laptops ^__^
I can bring at least one laptop, might be able to bring two though. I'm so pumped for Redbull Battle Ground! ;D

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #419 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 17:44:14 »
Think it might make an appearance at KeyCon West

Carter referring to the Novatouch in this post.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #420 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 19:34:21 »

Another reason to stab myself for not going.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #421 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 13:56:38 »
This thing is going down Apple style - reveal at KeyCon - available for sale shortly after.

i3oilermaker referring to Project Ravello. We will finally find out what ravioli filling i3oilermaker is planning using in his project at Keycon ;)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #422 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 14:02:18 »
This thing is going down Apple style - reveal at KeyCon - available for sale shortly after.

i3oilermaker referring to Project Ravello. We will finally find out what ravioli filling i3oilermaker is planning using in his project at Keycon ;)

I don't think it's ravioli.  I think that's all part of a larger ruse to mislead us.  I think it's really a more traditional pasta, perhaps a penne?

I had a delicious pasta yesterday, it was sooo goood.  Maybe I'll make spaghetti tonight for dinner...

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #423 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 18:39:16 »
for friday night i'm thinking zachary's, which is a classic bay area take on deep dish pizza.

another option is cheeseboard in berkeley.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #424 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 18:47:37 »
for friday night i'm thinking zachary's, which is a classic bay area take on deep dish pizza.

Mmmmmmm cheeeessse......

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #425 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 18:58:37 »
Cheese on bread?  I'm in.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #426 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 19:38:20 »
dude, if you like cheese and bread, zachary's is it. there is no contest outside of chicago.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline V1ral

« Reply #427 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 19:48:19 »

I'm not a huge fan of Cheeseboard Pizza. It's always packed with a line halfway down the block, and the seating is not great for groups. I've been there a couple times and didn't really think it was worth the wait. I mean, it's good pizza with quality ingredients, but there are other places around the bay that make good pizza with quality ingredients, offers table service, and has more than one pizza option a day. I also vote Zachary's.

Assuming most people are staying in the south bay, isn't that kind of a far drive for dinner though? Not that I'm complaining since I live right next to Berkeley.  :P

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #428 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 19:56:25 »
the trick with friday night is that john is taking some people who are staying in the south bay on a tour in emeryville on friday afternoon, and i'm going to be in the east bay visiting family on friday. the hope is that those who are staying in the south bay can get into the east bay in the early afternoon, tag along with john, and then whoever's in the EB can stay there for dinner rather than having to face 101 traffic south.

i'm also not a huge fan of cheeseboard, but some people can't handle zachary's ;)

Offline V1ral

« Reply #429 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 20:02:25 »
the trick with friday night is that john is taking some people who are staying in the south bay on a tour in emeryville on friday afternoon, and i'm going to be in the east bay visiting family on friday. the hope is that those who are staying in the south bay can get into the east bay in the early afternoon, tag along with john, and then whoever's in the EB can stay there for dinner rather than having to face 101 traffic south.

i'm also not a huge fan of cheeseboard, but some people can't handle zachary's ;)

I like this plan. c:

And believe it or not, Zachary's does have thin crust pizzas! One of my friends hates deep dish but insists on going there just for the thin crust.  :eek:

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #430 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 23:16:34 »
I've actually had Zachary's before as well.  Super tasty.  Lanesplitters is good too for thinner NY-style pizza.

..annnnd commence arguing about Chicago vs. NY style

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #431 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 23:21:14 »
I've actually had Zachary's before as well.  Super tasty.  Lanesplitters is good too for thinner NY-style pizza.

Neither.  Chicago is too thick (I'll take my cheese in curd form, thank you) and NY is too thin.

Done.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #432 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 00:35:42 »
going to zachary's and getting thin crust is like going to a fantastic restaurant AND NOT EVEN EATING

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #433 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 00:38:33 »
going to zachary's and getting thin crust is like going to a fantastic restaurant AND NOT EVEN EATING

haha YES! Zach's deepdish FTW, oh man, I miss it so much.

*edit

If you guys are looking for the best burrito you ever had, Gordo's is on the same street as Zachary's.

There are two things I miss in the Bay Area, Zachary's Pizza and Gordo's Burritos!
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 July 2014, 00:47:51 by digi »

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #434 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 00:52:49 »
yah, we will have to make sure everyone experiences gordo's at some point as well.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #435 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 01:09:14 »
We can grab pizza for dinner and burritos to eat the next morning.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #436 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 20:05:16 »

Neither.  Chicago is too thick (I'll take my cheese in curd form, thank you) and NY is too thin.

Done.

NY style til I die. Chicago is delicious but nothing beats a slice from NY. Every time I'm home, I get pizza, rolls, and garlic knots from the local pizza shop.

Ugh...I wish I was coming into the Bay Area sooner :(. We better be eating good when I come through!

Also for everyone who's going to the big dinners over the weekend. BRING CASH FOR YOUR MEALS. It'll make life far far easier.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #437 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 20:09:41 »

Done.

NY style til I die. Chicago is delicious but nothing beats a slice from NY. Every time I'm home, I get pizza, rolls, and garlic knots from the local pizza shop.

Ugh...I wish I was coming into the Bay Area sooner :(. We better be eating good when I come through!

Also for everyone who's going to the big dinners over the weekend. BRING CASH FOR YOUR MEALS. It'll make life far far easier.

Do you have change for a hundred?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #438 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 20:11:15 »
Change? I just throw stacks.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
KEYCON WEST 2014!
« Reply #439 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 00:09:00 »
I have a 17" Mac Pro that will push up to a 30" display at 2560x1600. Dunno if that helps.
I'm doing my part, so whose bringing the 30" display?

You guys are talking major food Fri aft/night. I'm coming back home (San Jose) sometime Friday afternoon (I work out of town all week), I'm meeting some GHers staying with me, and picking up a late night arrival at SFO... But wouldn't mind hooking up,with some of you if time/logistics allows.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 July 2014, 00:14:32 by Input Nirvana »
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #440 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 01:17:48 »

I like cheeseboard but Zachary's is an institution. Around here we prefer Hi-Life to either anyway :P

I'll be off work and back in downtown Oakland around 5 on Friday, where are we meeting or should I just text you?

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #441 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 08:26:00 »
i'm not sure which location will have enough space for us and will take a reservation. zach's on solano is barely big enough _in total_ for all of us. zach's on college might be a better bet. i'll make some calls and see which location would best fit us.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #442 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 17:07:27 »
man I wish I could go to this :(

Offline EvilHMB

« Reply #443 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 22:27:39 »
I have to drop somebody off at 4 at oakland airport, so whats going on before and after that time? ._.; are we having a meet tomorrow? I've also agreed to pickup lingj, so he might be with me.

DasKeyboard4Professional   KBTalking Pro              HHKB Professional
( Blue Switches)                  ( Red Switches)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #444 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 22:29:40 »
yep, tomorrow night at a zachary's pizza location. i'm going to try to get us into either the college or solano location. worst case, we may have to go to little star pizza further down solano. zachary's is tiny and PACKED on friday nights

Offline CM Norumu

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Cooler Master USA
« Reply #445 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 22:33:10 »

It's true. I'm coming up with the Novatouch TKL for you folks to get your hands on and let me know what you think. :)

Offline Lingj

« Reply #446 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 22:46:51 »
I have to drop somebody off at 4 at oakland airport, so whats going on before and after that time? ._.; are we having a meet tomorrow? I've also agreed to pickup lingj, so he might be with me.

I appreciate it, I'll pm you my phone number so you can contact me when you head out. Thanks!

It's true. I'm coming up with the Novatouch TKL for you folks to get your hands on and let me know what you think. :)

Super stoked, been looking to try out a Topre Keyboard.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #447 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 22:51:25 »
can i get a roll call on who's going to show up tomorrow for dinner around 6-7pm?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #448 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 22:51:48 »
can i get a roll call on who's going to show up tomorrow for dinner around 6-7pm?

Me!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #449 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 22:52:12 »
I'll be there tomorrow for dinner. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."