Author Topic: Clothes thread  (Read 74920 times)

Offline FLOCKA

• New name: ghostdeini
Re: Clothes thread
« Reply #400 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 21:51:53 »
Does anyone on here wear those sweat pants that make you look like you **** yourself and are carrying around terds in your pants?
Show Image

Drop crotch pants were a thing for a very brief moment in time for a small minority of the fashion-conscious, but I think that you've missed the boat by several years if you're interested in getting in on the trend.  :thumb:

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #401 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 15:34:45 »
What do you usually wear:

- in your free time (in public)?

- at work?

Ill start.

In my free time:

I usually like to wear button-up collared shirts; fairly traditional, discreetly stripped or just no pattern. Im not wearing white if its not with a suit or blazer, usally I go for blue/beige/grey/brown. No red or pink/purple, just dont like it. Sometimes Ill wear a tie, usually not.

Ill pair it with khaki pants or suit pants; beige, black, grey, dark blue, brown, white (rarely). Rarely Ill pair them with a dark blue pair of jeans. I always wear my pants with a leather belt (brown/black).

Shoes are usually a little bit more formal; smooth leather, brown or black and laced (of cause). In my free time I most often go for ones with a glued rubber-sole, but sometimes Goodyear welted leather (suit shoes).

To work:

Pretty much the same. Sometimes a suit, or just a blazer with khaki pants. In that case Ill sometimes add a tie clip/bar and always a pocket square.
I work as a watchmaker (as well as sometimes retail in a jewelry/watch (repair) store, so a suit is considered overdressed by colleges (it just is), so I take the suit jacket off and hang it up when I arrive at work. I wear the full suit only on the way to work and the way back home.

Now its your turn!
What do you like to wear?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #402 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 18:15:56 »
I think modern streetwear is the wackest **** ever. Absolutely terrible.

Usually wear jeans, graphic tee, unbuttoned buttondown, Ultraboosts. Nuthin' too fancy.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #403 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 18:40:19 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #404 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 18:46:14 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65756.msg1538605.0

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Shhhhh.....

This is a new thread so all the Females will p0st f0tos..

// creeeeek...  The trap is set...
// now we wait for the female

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #405 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 02:41:06 »
I have an all-year outfit. T-shirt, massively oversized, jeans, massively oversized, and Magnums. Below 5 deg C I put on a hoodie (zip-up, opened, massively oversized).
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #406 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 02:54:28 »
chyros irl

Offline Olumin

« Reply #407 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 07:49:08 »
I have an all-year outfit. T-shirt, massively oversized, jeans, massively oversized, and Magnums. Below 5 deg C I put on a hoodie (zip-up, opened, massively oversized).

Offline Olumin

« Reply #408 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 07:49:32 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65756.msg1538605.0

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Shhhhh.....

This is a new thread so all the Females will p0st f0tos..

// creeeeek...  The trap is set...
// now we wait for the female

My plan all along...

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #409 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 08:29:33 »

Show Image

I have no taste.

I just like clothing that's very loose, it's comfortable.

Offline Olumin

« Reply #410 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 08:50:15 »

Show Image

I have no taste.

A well fitting shirt or pair of pants does not have to be uncomfortable. I dont wear body-fit shirts or skinny jeans myself, because I find them to restrict movement too much. However slightly wider cut ****s (modern/slim fit for example) and wider pants made of softer fabric are very comfortable, while still looking sharp and not baggy.

You just need to be familiar with your measurements and find something that is well tailored to that. Its pretty easy to find something once you know what to look for.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #411 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 13:17:21 »

A well fitting shirt or pair of pants does not have to be uncomfortable. I dont wear body-fit shirts or skinny jeans myself, because I find them to restrict movement too much. However slightly wider cut ****s (modern/slim fit for example) and wider pants made of softer fabric are very comfortable, while still looking sharp and not baggy.

You just need to be familiar with your measurements and find something that is well tailored to that. Its pretty easy to find something once you know what to look for.

I thought about this a while back..

Assuming a man has perfect Shoulder to Waist ratio.. approximately 1.7:1 or 1.6:1

Now, anything that Fits well to that STANDING person, will NOT be comfortable when seated, because the stomach greatly expands when the torso rests.

Essentially, It's paradoxical.. 

You can not make baggy look good..

The only reason Some baggy clothing looks good in photographs, is because of the angle of the picture or posing the legs or arms wider to draw in the perceived width of the waist.

It simply can not look good from the front,  as the ratio is dependent on having the tightest possible waist against the backdrop.

THEORETICALLY,   if someone had 1.8:1 shoulder to waist ratio,  Some degree of bagginess can work..

But this is very seldom possible..

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #412 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 14:55:57 »

Show Image

I have no taste.

I'm an academic, I'm not supposed to be dressed sharp :p .

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #413 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 17:13:25 »

One thing that I like to to do with pants is to buy a size (or 2) too large and sew up a couple of triangular darts in inconspicuous places along the back waist band (eg in the spaces between the intermediate rear belt loops and the center rear belt loop). That way, they still hang on my hips but give me extra space to move around. Worn with a decently-wide belt, they are mostly hidden and merely send out "wrinkles" downward that dissipate soon enough.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #414 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 18:05:50 »
Goblin Body - It's a very real affliction

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #415 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 09:03:45 »
During the summer, usually a tee shirt with jeans to work and athletic shorts outside of work. Winter is mostly the same, only with a heavy jacket in the snow or a fleece when it's warmer. I don't really have a sense of "style" unless I'm going to be out with friends, in which case I might wear khaki shorts and a nice shirt. Only wear dress clothes when there is a requirement for it (wedding, etc).
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #416 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 17:23:55 »
What do you usually wear:

- in your free time (in public)?

- at work?

Ill start.

In my free time:

I usually like to wear button-up collared shirts; fairly traditional, discreetly stripped or just no pattern. Im not wearing white if its not with a suit or blazer, usally I go for blue/beige/grey/brown. No red or pink/purple, just dont like it. Sometimes Ill wear a tie, usually not.

Ill pair it with khaki pants or suit pants; beige, black, grey, dark blue, brown, white (rarely). Rarely Ill pair them with a dark blue pair of jeans. I always wear my pants with a leather belt (brown/black).

Shoes are usually a little bit more formal; smooth leather, brown or black and laced (of cause). In my free time I most often go for ones with a glued rubber-sole, but sometimes Goodyear welted leather (suit shoes).

To work:

Pretty much the same. Sometimes a suit, or just a blazer with khaki pants. In that case Ill sometimes add a tie clip/bar and always a pocket square.
I work as a watchmaker (as well as sometimes retail in a jewelry/watch (repair) store, so a suit is considered overdressed by colleges (it just is), so I take the suit jacket off and hang it up when I arrive at work. I wear the full suit only on the way to work and the way back home.

Now its your turn!
What do you like to wear?

In general, I've been trying to both minimize and simplify my wardrobes; but lately on non-slave days I wear blank t-shirts, sometimes a graphic tee (For the most part phasing them out.) and some kind of outdoors pants (laundry willing). I just like a lot of pockets and generally the hiking/camping pants are made of breathable material and support thicker thighs and/or stretch. Flannels and hoodies as well during the brief winter in AZ. have a couple pairs of chubbie's shorts too for when the sun high and feel a need to bear thighs. I generally stick with darker colors (blueish slate, grey, blacks, browns) but have been experimenting with colors that go with my skin tone, the latest of which was a light yellow until they were stolen.

At work; usually scrubs. I hate scrubs though. They are comfortable, but I feel like I'm walking around in pajamas in public which is not a feeling I enjoy. In the summer heat it's advantageous for sure. There are some Fridays that I like to wear the business casual stuff. Button up shirt, slacks usually of slimmer fit just to break the funk.

Definitely depends on the activity for shoes for me; I'm not going to wear running shoes on a hike usually and I'm not wearing hiking boots to work kind of thing. On rotation I have a pair of sperry mocassins things, some clarks desert boots, and a couple various sneakers? Tennis shoes? Hiking boots.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #417 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 09:05:42 »
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline iri

« Reply #418 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 09:16:50 »
^ basically how I dress to work
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #419 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 12:28:02 »
I have no taste because i have been wearing uniforms for over a decade now. I mainly wear shirts with obscure or unpopular superhero logos underneath. Alternatively i would also wear sweater vests with ties

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #420 on: Thu, 09 December 2021, 12:53:32 »
These days I often go well over a week without putting on a button-up shirt.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #421 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 15:27:05 »
Going to get this for Christmas! Can’t wait to wear it at work. 279869-0

Offline illusixn

• Formerly illusixn
« Reply #422 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 16:21:45 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #423 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 22:05:51 »

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #424 on: Fri, 17 December 2021, 08:42:56 »
Show Image

Show Image

I refuse to wear that tint of yellow because wasps get pissed at it

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #425 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 03:41:36 »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #426 on: Wed, 10 January 2024, 06:41:53 »
Going to get this for Christmas! Can’t wait to wear it at work. (Attachment Link)

i dont trust 2 press buttons enough to wear that...
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #427 on: Wed, 10 January 2024, 06:42:32 »

the last time i wore a button up shirt was when i was working IT in the summer. all tees since then
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #429 on: Fri, 12 January 2024, 08:01:13 »

all tees since then

A shoulder injury can make button-up shirts look much more desirable.