Author Topic: [GB] (COMPLETED!) Nantucket Selectric  (Read 449984 times)

Offline skullydazed

• Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
Re: [GB] (INVOICES PAST DUE!) Nantucket Selectric
« Reply #500 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 20:55:32 »
http://pimpmykeyboard.com/key-status/

Noooooo we've been demoted to "quoted" instead of scheduled D:

That's an unpleasant surprise.  It warrants a follow-up from skullydazed as to what happened.

I take the liberty to share his soothing update he wrote to me on reddit; I asked whether there were any news a few hours ago and he said he is finishing up

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4aiyxr/more_geekhack_gbs_going_down_in_flames_featuring/d10rl0g

This buy is going just fine. :) I just got home from a day spent at the (newly repaired) laser cutter catching up on my backlog of clueboard orders. Tonight after I finish packing and shipping the last of the orders I'm behind on I will double check the summary one last time and email SP with the order. It takes a while to double-check 400 payments. ;) There are still a few I need to follow up on, but I will place the order anyway and if the follow-ups can't be resolved those sets will go into the Clueboard inventory.

Thanks for your patience everyone, I will have more news later tonight.

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #501 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 21:36:40 »
http://pimpmykeyboard.com/key-status/

Noooooo we've been demoted to "quoted" instead of scheduled D:

That's an unpleasant surprise.  It warrants a follow-up from skullydazed as to what happened.

I take the liberty to share his soothing update he wrote to me on reddit; I asked whether there were any news a few hours ago and he said he is finishing up

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4aiyxr/more_geekhack_gbs_going_down_in_flames_featuring/d10rl0g

This buy is going just fine. :) I just got home from a day spent at the (newly repaired) laser cutter catching up on my backlog of clueboard orders. Tonight after I finish packing and shipping the last of the orders I'm behind on I will double check the summary one last time and email SP with the order. It takes a while to double-check 400 payments. ;) There are still a few I need to follow up on, but I will place the order anyway and if the follow-ups can't be resolved those sets will go into the Clueboard inventory.

Thanks for your patience everyone, I will have more news later tonight.

Thanks for news :D.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #502 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 21:51:07 »
I just wanted everyone to know that my portion will be sent to the manufacturer this week.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #503 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 10:12:29 »
1976 SA ended last night. I'm also a part of that. Are we going to be before/after it, or does SP have the facilities to manufacture in parallel?

Offline pwade3

« Reply #504 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 10:38:23 »
A bit bummed to know 100% that SP jumped the gun with the estimates, but I had a feeling that was the case anyway.

On the upside, I did get a shipping notice for my Clueboard switch tester, so that's exciting!  :thumb:

I was worried I was gonna have to pester skully some more to find out what was going on haha

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #505 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 11:33:06 »
A bit bummed to know 100% that SP jumped the gun with the estimates, but I had a feeling that was the case anyway.

On the upside, I did get a shipping notice for my Clueboard switch tester, so that's exciting!  :thumb:

I was worried I was gonna have to pester skully some more to find out what was going on haha

The laser cutter was down for a week due to a burned out switch. Took a couple days to track down the problem and source a working replacement. Luckily they got it working last Friday and I was able to catch up on my backlog. Hope you enjoy that!

Offline pwade3

« Reply #506 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 11:47:44 »

The laser cutter was down for a week due to a burned out switch. Took a couple days to track down the problem and source a working replacement. Luckily they got it working last Friday and I was able to catch up on my backlog. Hope you enjoy that!

Good to hear it wasn't something too catastrophic. Looking forward to putting it together, it's my first project like this, so it should be fun.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #507 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 11:56:02 »
I sent the order over to SP last night. Here are the final numbers for the order:

TKL550
Planck150
Ergodox75
Numpad250
Homing350
Dvorak/Colemak40
ISO50
European25
Mac75
Specialty Keys200
Cape Cod300
Amity Island425

While it's true that Amity Island is well below the 500 MOQ, the difference per order fell within the buffer zone I left so everyone gets the 500 MOQ price anyway.

I expect to have received an invoice from SP by the end of the week and we'll have paid and secured our place in line not long after.

1976 SA ended last night. I'm also a part of that. Are we going to be before/after it, or does SP have the facilities to manufacture in parallel?

I'm not sure what their facilities are in general, but I know that Modern Selectric Black and Troubled Minds were in production in parallel. I imagine after we've paid we'll get a definitive answer in the form of the PMK status page.

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #508 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 21:19:00 »
I sent the order over to SP last night. Here are the final numbers for the order:

TKL550
Planck150
Ergodox75
Numpad250
Homing350
Dvorak/Colemak40
ISO50
European25
Mac75
Specialty Keys200
Cape Cod300
Amity Island425

While it's true that Amity Island is well below the 500 MOQ, the difference per order fell within the buffer zone I left so everyone gets the 500 MOQ price anyway.

I expect to have received an invoice from SP by the end of the week and we'll have paid and secured our place in line not long after.

I'm not sure what their facilities are in general, but I know that Modern Selectric Black and Troubled Minds were in production in parallel. I imagine after we've paid we'll get a definitive answer in the form of the PMK status page.

My wallet is ready..................... Please tell me good news :D

Offline WOMBO

« Reply #509 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 22:51:42 »
looks like pretty smooth sailing for this GB, pretty happy with the current pace.

just curious, but what's the general timeline of these sets? or how long it generally takes between receiving the order, producing it, shipping it, etc.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #510 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 14:05:20 »
Hi Everyone,

I don't have much to say right now but I wanted to give an update anyway. I've sent Signature Plastics our order and invoices have been issued to me, Originative, and the Vietnamese GB leader. The dollar amount sent to the other two was correct, but what I received was not what I expected. I believe I have found the discrepancy and am waiting for SP to issue a new invoice to me. As soon as that's been issued I will pay and our spot in the queue will be confirmed. I will have a firm estimate of delivery date at that point.

I hoped to have completed payment before my next update, but that's taken a little longer than I expected so I wanted to let everyone know what's going on.

Offline krisst

« Reply #511 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 14:11:33 »
Hi Everyone,

I don't have much to say right now but I wanted to give an update anyway. I've sent Signature Plastics our order and invoices have been issued to me, Originative, and the Vietnamese GB leader. The dollar amount sent to the other two was correct, but what I received was not what I expected. I believe I have found the discrepancy and am waiting for SP to issue a new invoice to me. As soon as that's been issued I will pay and our spot in the queue will be confirmed. I will have a firm estimate of delivery date at that point.

I hoped to have completed payment before my next update, but that's taken a little longer than I expected so I wanted to let everyone know what's going on.

Aye Aye Captain! Looking forward to the finalized update, then the real wait begins :D

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #512 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 15:47:14 »
Great job organizing this. The mech community could use a boost of confidence with the shenanigans as of late =)

Can't wait to try my first SA keycap set. Is it true this should ship before Pulse?

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline nebula

« Reply #513 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 02:50:11 »
I wish I had gotten into keycaps a few years ago.. I need SA's in my life.

Anyone know where I can get some?

Offline krisst

« Reply #514 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 03:35:25 »
I wish I had gotten into keycaps a few years ago.. I need SA's in my life.

Anyone know where I can get some?

https://shop.clueboard.co/
Clueboard store have Modern Selectric SA set. Check it out.

Offline nebula

« Reply #515 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 04:00:58 »

https://shop.clueboard.co/
Clueboard store have Modern Selectric SA set. Check it out.

Thank you!!   :D

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #516 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 13:40:29 »
I've just received the updated invoice from SP. It will be paid today and our order secured! :)

I've also been contacted by my credit card processor. They just want to make sure everything is on the up and up. If you are contacted by Chase Paymentech about your order please be honest with them. It's just routine investigation while they make sure everything is on the level.

On that note I've adjusted your invoices slightly to remove the separate CC/Paypal fees. If you look at your payment page you will find your order breakdown looks just a little different and will be a few cents higher than what you actually paid. This is ok! I will not be asking for any other money from you. If your receipt shows that you've overpaid you should see the refund hit your account by the end of the week. I have to issue those by hand and have been working through that list a little each day.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #517 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 17:41:49 »
I should have grabbed a set =/

Regrat now

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #518 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 17:54:36 »
No worries! Check shop.clueboard.co in a few months, he'll have extra sets on sale there. Or if you really want an SA set, you can grab his selectric set there.

Offline WOMBO

Re: [GB] (CLOSED!) Nantucket Selectric
« Reply #519 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 20:30:10 »
really appreciate the transparency skully!

Offline Woovie

« Reply #520 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 23:50:30 »
Thanks for the updates. I'll be honest that I'm doing my best to ignore the thread but it makes me happy to come back every week or 2 and seeing all of these consistent updates.  :thumb:

Offline Malenky

« Reply #521 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 09:56:45 »
Just got into the Royal Glam wooden 60% case. I'm sure you can tell my plans :D

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #522 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 16:10:43 »
Dude I have such big plans for this keyset...

Offline mushbert

« Reply #523 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 10:47:43 »
Just checked the status list over on PMK: There is now an estimated completion date of August 31st. :)

Offline Jedi

« Reply #524 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 11:05:28 »
Just got into the Royal Glam wooden 60% case. I'm sure you can tell my plans :D

I like what you are thinking.  I was thinking yesterday how nice that would be for a TKL or 101-key.  My 60% boards are just too compact for regular office use.

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
  • IG: @ZorbCaps
« Reply #525 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:32:51 »
Just checked the status list over on PMK: There is now an estimated completion date of August 31st. :)

For real..? We'll get our caps in late september then lol! :P

Offline Possessed Gamer

« Reply #526 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 15:16:14 »
Will there be a round 2 for this?

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #527 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 15:24:42 »
Looks like I'll be having to change my address...

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #528 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 16:02:52 »
Will there be a round 2 for this?

Not sure about a Round 2 but there will be some in stock on https://shop.clueboard.co/ once it finally arrives.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #529 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 08:21:00 »
We have paid!

It took all week to move money around to the right places (for some reason banks like to verify that the $60k you're moving around isn't a mistake) but as of this morning our signature plastics invoice has been paid! Now we begin the long wait for manufacture.

As some of you have noted we are currently behind both PuLSe and 1976, and should expect to see it shipped from SP in early August.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #530 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 10:08:21 »
Let this be the one group buy we watch to see how this whole thing really works.  Kudos to Skullydazed who has put so much time into the entire process here from start (IC included) to order submittal.  Keep in mind too, he's behind a whole loot of orders that are in ahead of this one which will show two very important key points.  The first being how this order's timing is really impacted by orders in processing ahead of this one.  The second being how the normal run of a classic old school group buy really works in light of the circumstances that came before him.  No pressure skullydazed (lol) but I would hedge that we will all be very impressed with how Skullydazed shows us the true color of a normal transaction process and how it should go.  A company like mass drop can I'm sure write a 100,000 dollar check to signature plastics with out even batting an eye so mad props to our group buy leader in getting the money moved and in signature plastics hands.  Mods take note! 

Thanks again SkullyDazed, this one is looking good :thumb:

Offline Malenky

« Reply #531 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 13:24:34 »
Also just chiming in to say thanks again. Here is a very amateur render of my plans for the set:

More

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #532 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 16:42:56 »
Also just chiming in to say thanks again. Here is a very amateur render of my plans for the set:

More
Show Image

Amateur? That looks dope man

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #533 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 23:32:20 »

More
Show Image

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #534 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 23:32:38 »

More
Show Image

Wow...just wow

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #535 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 17:53:20 »

More
Show Image
I love this keyset. I'm so happy I'm in the buy

Offline JadedRabbit

« Reply #536 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 01:42:02 »
Now I'm trying to figure out a way to make a rope USB cable for my Pok3r..

Crocheting looks too sloppy, and I don't think twine would work for coxcombing around a cable like that.

Offline Malenky

« Reply #537 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 05:08:31 »

Crocheting looks too sloppy, and I don't think twine would work for coxcombing around a cable like that.

Possible option for one you can do at home? As long as the thread's appearance is rope like enough.

Edit: Just found this one too http://thevow.tumblr.com/post/50272511159/materials-extension-cord-13-feet-the-longer
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 March 2016, 05:10:52 by Malenky »

Offline tstackhouse

• Bloghouse
« Reply #538 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 16:26:34 »

Possible option for one you can do at home? As long as the thread's appearance is rope like enough.

Edit: Just found this one too http://thevow.tumblr.com/post/50272511159/materials-extension-cord-13-feet-the-longer

Figured I'd be the guinea pig, here's the one I made with this method and some 2mm jute cord on a 1.5 ft white cord.

Offline Malenky

« Reply #539 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 17:36:16 »

Figured I'd be the guinea pig, here's the one I made with this method and some 2mm jute cord on a 1.5 ft white cord.

Show Image

Wow, fantastic result I'd say!

Offline JadedRabbit

« Reply #540 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 00:01:51 »

Show Image

Looks great! Think I'll work on it later down the road. I'll get anxious staring at it until the caps are here.

I'm also planning on taking it on a little photo shoot after the fact, since I'm in a port town.  ;)

Offline Malenky

« Reply #541 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 18:41:39 »
Good idea! Might take it on the ferry :D

Offline Ciemnika

« Reply #542 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 09:53:54 »
I'm super sad that I missed this (and not sure how I did). If there are extra sets for TKL, I would be very interested.

Offline Jumie

« Reply #543 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 10:41:20 »
I'm super sad that I missed this (and not sure how I did). If there are extra sets for TKL, I would be very interested.

There will be extras later on his clueboard shop.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
« Reply #544 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 13:31:07 »
Hi Everyone,

Just checking in to let everyone know that there is no news. Our place in line has been secured and there is little to do but wait.

BTW, I love reading about everyone's plans and progress. I'm thrilled that my set has inspired such creativity and can't wait to see what else you all have in store.

Offline IrPOWERranger

« Reply #545 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 06:55:35 »
In the Cape Cod set, the up arrow is shown as R3. I would imagine that the up arrow in the Base TKL set is R3 as well, but could you confirm? In the renders it's in line with R4.

Offline pwade3

« Reply #546 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 10:23:29 »
Hi Everyone,

Just checking in to let everyone know that there is no news. Our place in line has been secured and there is little to do but wait.

BTW, I love reading about everyone's plans and progress. I'm thrilled that my set has inspired such creativity and can't wait to see what else you all have in store.

:thumb: I figured at this point no news is good news.

If there are planned extras of the specialty set, should I just wait till it ships or is there any way to modify my order? Thinking about planning on this being the keyset for my future Clueboard.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #547 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 22:24:42 »
Thought I would share my plans;

Walnut wood case
Pok3r pbc (with blue mx)
Nantucket keyset
Knotted brown rope usb cable in a style like this
Navy blue wrist rest with yellow navy rank on
A navy blue sleeve with white anchors on from Pexon.

I need to decide and try to get a artisan if some sort for the escape key.

It will be an absolute perfect board.

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #548 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 10:04:18 »
Hey guys. I ordered the TKL set but realized I'm going to need an ERGODOX set. If anyone is willing to trade, let me know!

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #549 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 14:01:20 »
Thought I would share my plans;

Walnut wood case
Pok3r pbc (with blue mx)
Nantucket keyset
Knotted brown rope usb cable
It will be an absolute perfect board.

Wow dude, this is almost exactly what I'm doing, a handmade wood case only with a Keycool 84.  Stained and shellacked wood will go so well with this set!  Either that, or I'm gonna use Roostrc0gburn's Phantom Skeleton kit, and keep it easy on myself.  I have so many projects going on my mind could change over time.  Nantucket really deserves some custom work though.  I've never been so excited for a set!  Skully really knocked it out the park with this...