Author Topic: XT/AT/PS2/Terminal to USB Converter with NKRO  (Read 893746 times)

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
Re: XT/AT/PS2/Terminal to USB Converter with NKRO
« Reply #1450 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 15:36:07 »
The kb is recognized in HID listen, but I can't get keypresses to register and all three LED lights are lit when I plug it in.

What did I do wrong?

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1451 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 16:12:46 »
Uh, no idea...

Can you check the keyboard with a different converter? Can you check the converter with a different keyboard?

What exactly does HID listen say?

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #1452 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 16:17:02 »
Says this:  https://gyazo.com/effc6cf004ed7f77dce424de33f88674

I can't really check the keyboard with a different converter, this is my last pro micro.   

Also, this time I plugged it in only the scroll lock LED was lit.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1453 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 17:00:07 »
If it has LEDs, I assume it's not an XT keyboard, right? So it's actually not recognised correctly by the converter. It should say Code Set: 2 for an AT or PS/2 compatible board and Code set:3 for a terminal board.

First thing, check your cabling I'd say, especially clock vs. data.

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #1454 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 17:15:18 »
Switched out clock and data and the same thing happened except this time R05 appeared in the next line after PC/XT

Its a computerworld blue alps keyboard. 

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #1455 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 14:44:23 »
Some keyboards have odd pinouts, for example the Leading Edge DC-2014. Maybe check the keyboard itself.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #1456 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 20:31:12 »
Maybe check the keyboard itself.

How so?

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #1457 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 20:40:40 »
Maybe check the keyboard itself.

How so?

I remember when I was trying to convert my Leading Edge that I had to physically check the PCB for what each wire was. Despite having the same DIN-5 connector as most other keyboards, each pin had a different function.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #1458 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 11:56:58 »
What parts of the PCB told you function the wires assigned to? Sorry I don't know much about internal electronics.

Offline simingma

« Reply #1459 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 13:54:32 »
Can someone tell me why all the sudden my F122 converter (orihalcon) now only works in Linux, but not on windows or mac?

On windows the tools recognizes and programs the converter with no problem, but non of the keys will register in the OS.

----------------------
Problem solve..connector was loose :-[
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 February 2016, 15:42:45 by simingma »

Offline buedi

« Reply #1460 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 13:43:18 »
Hi everyone. I´m about to order such a converter which is using the Soarer Firmware.
To be more specific, it would be this one, because I want to use my Model F XT which is sitting here since a decade now. And finally I think I have the opportunity to use it (again).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-XT-AT-to-USB-Soarers-Converter-Remapping-Macros-NKRO-Support-IBM-Model-F/281476427201?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20131003132420&meid=5587ff37135243b78cbd3788a79c4493&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=271832202316#shpCntId

I´ve read the documentation and there´s a thing I don´t understand. Since I have a German Model F with special characters like äöüß which I cannot find in the code.html included in the Soarer software package, I fear I will not be able to use this converter with the Soarer Firmware at all. To me the code.html looks like the controller / firmware is limited just to the standard US ASCII character set.

Is someone here using this Software with special characters (finnish, german, french...) and can comment on that? IF it is not working... does someone have a good suggestion? It´s a shame. I have lots of Keyboards and the Model F XT with its massive steel backplate is my absolute favourite sounding keyboard ever :-)

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1461 on: Tue, 15 March 2016, 05:44:11 »
@buedi: yes, I'm using a German layout.

The keyboard sends what is called "HID key scancodes" to the PC, not characters. Every key has a scan code. The operating system of the PC decides what characters or functions these scan codes represent by looking at the keyboard language table (that is different for every keyboard language)

Here's the list from the USB documentation in case you're interested: http://www.usb.org/developers/hidpage/Hut1_12v2.pdf (chapter 10)

For example, the scancode for the 7th key on the third row is 28. On an American keyboard, the OS translates this to "y", on a German one, it's converted to "z". Soarer calls this key "Y" because he goes by the (default) US standard.

Another example: The ";" key on Soarer's converter is the "ö" key on a German board.

So for all purposes of remapping in Soarer's converter, get yourself a picture of a US keyboard like this one:

and go by that.

Offline buedi

« Reply #1462 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 13:51:26 »
Halvar, thank you very much! And these are very good news for me. This means I could possibly use the Model F XT in the near future :-)
I´m strongly considering ordering such an adapter now. I only hope that the Keyboard still works. I never had the opportunity to test it. But it´s worth a shot. For me it´s the best sounding Keyboard I´ve ever heard and I´m happy I never threw it away.

The fact that the Soarer Firmware is very flexible should make it possible to map every Key I need on it. I was searching for a few weeks now for a new Keyboard, because my Acer with Alps Switches (it´s around 20 years old now) starts to make problems. And in the Office I´m using a Cherry G80-3000 which is also over 20 years old now (using and Adapter from DIN to PS/2 to USB) and it´s still working like a champ. My daily usage keyboards never had Windows / Menu Keys and since I can´t find a classic layout on the new Keyboards, I could even go wild and back even further in thime by using the Model F XT (I also have an Model F AT and a Model M, but it´s not the same).

Thanks again for your help, it´s highly appreciated :-)

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #1463 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 18:49:38 »
Halvar, thank you very much! And these are very good news for me. This means I could possibly use the Model F XT in the near future :-)
I´m strongly considering ordering such an adapter now. I only hope that the Keyboard still works. I never had the opportunity to test it. But it´s worth a shot. For me it´s the best sounding Keyboard I´ve ever heard and I´m happy I never threw it away.

The fact that the Soarer Firmware is very flexible should make it possible to map every Key I need on it. I was searching for a few weeks now for a new Keyboard, because my Acer with Alps Switches (it´s around 20 years old now) starts to make problems. And in the Office I´m using a Cherry G80-3000 which is also over 20 years old now (using and Adapter from DIN to PS/2 to USB) and it´s still working like a champ. My daily usage keyboards never had Windows / Menu Keys and since I can´t find a classic layout on the new Keyboards, I could even go wild and back even further in thime by using the Model F XT (I also have an Model F AT and a Model M, but it´s not the same).

Thanks again for your help, it´s highly appreciated :-)

What kind of switches does that Acer use?

Offline CreepyCarpet

« Reply #1464 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 09:52:44 »
I have soldered a teensy 2.0 to my 122 key 1394017. I've flashed the firmware and the teensy shows up as a HID. But when i connect the teensy to the controller board the teensy stops showing up as a HID, using hid_listen i get error messages before the device disconnects. the errors I get are R04, R05 and R06. Does anybody have some possible solutions to the issue?

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1465 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 13:48:35 »
I don't know if this helps you or not, but you always connect the keyboard to the converter first, and then the converter to the computer. The converter software doesn't support hot-plugging on the PS/2 side at all. If you do it in the right order, what exactly does hid_listen show you when the converter is connected to the PC?

Offline CreepyCarpet

« Reply #1466 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 05:49:53 »
I don't know if this helps you or not, but you always connect the keyboard to the converter first, and then the converter to the computer. The converter software doesn't support hot-plugging on the PS/2 side at all. If you do it in the right order, what exactly does hid_listen show you when the converter is connected to the PC?

If I connect the teensy to my pc while the keyboard is also fully connected the device is never even registered. The errors I got was while trying to hotplug the keyboard to the teensy. I know the teensy is not dead since it registers as long as it is not connected to the keyboard.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1467 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 14:44:20 »
Maybe a short-circuit that overloads the USB port and/or the teensy? The HID device should always be visible from the PC.

Did you recheck the wiring? Could some soldering point be in contact with another or something like that? 

Offline CreepyCarpet

« Reply #1468 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 07:40:02 »
Maybe a short-circuit that overloads the USB port and/or the teensy? The HID device should always be visible from the PC.

Did you recheck the wiring? Could some soldering point be in contact with another or something like that?

I have it working now!  :D I went through the DA thread and saw that a user named wcass had the same model as mine and that his wiring was different from mine. I then realized that I had wired it "backwards" because I looked at the RJ45 connecter upside-down when I looked up the schematics *facepalm*. Ohh well thanks for the help anyways!  :thumb:

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
« Reply #1469 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 19:08:27 »
Does anyone know of a way to disable NKRO? I have my XT Z-150 up and running with a Pro Micro but sometimes when typing keypresses are missed. The Z-150 has NKRO over USB with the soarer converter but id like to disable it to see if NKRO is causing the keypresses being missed.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1470 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 14:32:43 »
Memory Limitations: Teensy 2.0 vs. Teensy++ 2.0

I am currently controlling my F-122 with a Teensy 2.0, and to fit the whole map into available memory required me to scrimp and save every last char.  Has anyone else hit the memory limit?  More interestingly, has anyone tried to use the four times as much RAM in the Teensey++ to enable a larger map?

- Ron | samwisekoi

p.s.  See the comparison chart about half-way down this page:  https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/index.html
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1471 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 02:27:26 »
I haven't (so perhaps I shouldn't answer) but I remember Soarer recommending the Teensy++ if you want more EEPROM space for larger maps, so I'm pretty sure it will work.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1472 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 10:49:39 »
I haven't (so perhaps I shouldn't answer) but I remember Soarer recommending the Teensy++ if you want more EEPROM space for larger maps, so I'm pretty sure it will work.

Hey Halvar!

Thanks very much for the reply.  That is enough to encourage me to try soldering up a Teensy++ to give it a try.

- Ron | samwisekoi
(Auto-typed by my GH36 Matrix Keypad.)
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #1473 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 16:41:09 »
Hey, does anyone know if this works for ADB to USB? Soarer mentioned that he wanted to incorporate it, so I'm hoping he got around to it before disappearing.
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1474 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 18:43:01 »
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #1475 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 11:40:22 »
Okay, thanks.
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline mtdnelson

« Reply #1476 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 16:57:17 »
So... I just read the whole thread, and only found out in the last ten minutes that Soarer has disappeared.    :(

Anyway, I acquired myself a small collection of 122-key model Ms, and an even smaller collection of later model M, with fewer keys... (11 keyboards in total, all for nothing!) I've cleaned and converted one of the 122-key terminal models, and it is great.

I have written myself a new keymap, but get this error when trying to flash it:
Code: [Select]
[nels@ella configs]$ scwr mtdnelson122.scb
scwr: error while loading shared libraries: libusb-0.1.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm using Fedora 23, which seems to have libusb-0.5.
[nels@ella configs]$ sudo dnf info libusb
Last metadata expiration check: 0:04:58 ago on Tue Jun 21 20:54:02 2016.
Installed Packages
Name        : libusb
Arch        : x86_64
Epoch       : 1
Version     : 0.1.5
Release     : 6.fc23
Size        : 66 k

Has anyone got any suggestions? I guess I'll have to downgrade in some way... Not sure how at the moment.

<edit>If no-one comes up with something better, I guess I should find an older version of Ubuntu or something, and boot from USB...</edit>
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 June 2016, 17:19:24 by mtdnelson »

Offline mtdnelson

« Reply #1477 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 16:57:16 »
I might have answered my own question.

I had this installed:

[nels@ella ~]$ sudo dnf list libusb
Last metadata expiration check: 2:33:42 ago on Wed Jun 22 20:13:31 2016.
Installed Packages
libusb.x86_64                                                                   1:0.1.5-6.fc23                                                                   @koji-override-0
Available Packages
libusb.i686                                                                     1:0.1.5-6.fc23                                                                   fedora         

So I installed the package for the i686 architecture alongside the other x86_64 one.

[nels@ella ~]$ sudo dnf install libusb.i686
Now, when I run the command to write the map file to the converter, it doesn't fail!

nels@ella configs]$ scwr mtdnelson122.scb
scwr v1.10
scwr: looking for Soarer's Converter: found
scwr: reading file: 6 bytes: ok
scwr: sending info request: ok
device: ok
protocol version check: converter=1.00, scwr=1.00: ok
settings version check: converter=1.01, file=1.01: ok
settings length check: max=1018, file=4 bytes: ok
scwr: sending write request for 4 bytes: ok
device: ready
scwr: sending 4 bytes: ok
device: complete

My next job is to make a much more complete and functional map...

Offline DannyHuynh

« Reply #1478 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 11:41:53 »
Hi, I purchased a Soarer's converter for my F 122 on eBay. When I plugged the adapter with the keyboard connected to it to the computer. There was a USB Power Surge notification. Does anybody has an idea if it's the converter problem or it's my keyboard problem. Is there any way to test the converter separately?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1479 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 17:14:21 »
Hi, I purchased a Soarer's converter for my F 122 on eBay. When I plugged the adapter with the keyboard connected to it to the computer. There was a USB Power Surge notification. Does anybody has an idea if it's the converter problem or it's my keyboard problem. Is there any way to test the converter separately?

You should ask Orihalcon directly. He could probably answer better than anybody.
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1480 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 12:57:46 »
You can also plug in the converter without any keyboard connected to it, it should also register as a keyboard. If you don't get the warning without the keyboard then there's probably something wrong with the keyboard.

Model F keyboards use a lot of power compared to modern keyboards, but a USB port should always be able to handle it easily.

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #1481 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 01:53:14 »
I've been trying to get the converter orihalcon made for the zentih z-10/dc-2014 for my zenith keyboard (http://www.ebay.com/itm/272328994093?_t ... BIDX%3AIT). I had previously given up trying to get it to work, but since I've got some spare time before I start teaching again I thought I'd dig a little deeper and see if I can solve the issue.

Originally it did work, but some key presses would be missed/skipped - but then the next morning it wouldn't register any keypresses at all. Confusingly, though, the lock lights come on, and even the beeper occasionally sounds. HID Listen recognizes they keyboard with an ID of 0000, with set code 1 in XT, which seems correct, but nothing comes up when I press any keys. The ID of 0000 seems off as well.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #1482 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 16:22:44 »
I'd like to do convert my g80-11900 from ps2 to usb using this converter method. The problem is that the g80 comes with a touchpad and I would like that be functional as well. How would I go about wiring that up to the teensy. Not sure if the firmware even supports mouse inputs.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1483 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 18:30:53 »

Offline kobra182

« Reply #1484 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 23:38:52 »
Hello, i recently did a soarers convert with a teensy 2.0 on an ibm model m, but for some reason whenever i click the 8* button it spams itself until i click another key, is there a software problem or a problem in the actual keyboard?

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #1485 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 03:58:31 »
Hello, i recently did a soarers convert with a teensy 2.0 on an ibm model m, but for some reason whenever i click the 8* button it spams itself until i click another key, is there a software problem or a problem in the actual keyboard?

Sounds like a hardware fault.  Check the hammer and spring otherwise it might be time for a bolt/screw mod to check out the membranes and blanket.
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline subcat

« Reply #1486 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 02:04:36 »
I am incredibly bad when it comes to anything programming related. i just got my converter, and I've followed the instructions for remapping keys, but when i try to drag the .sc file into scaswr.bat, it only puts it in the same folder, not actually uploading it. I am using notepad, if that means anything. Thanks! This is probably glaringly obvious.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #1487 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 07:05:27 »
I am incredibly bad when it comes to anything programming related. i just got my converter, and I've followed the instructions for remapping keys, but when i try to drag the .sc file into scaswr.bat, it only puts it in the same folder, not actually uploading it. I am using notepad, if that means anything. Thanks! This is probably glaringly obvious.

You can work around that problem by not using scaswr.bat and just doing the steps yourself. With your *.sc file in the same directory as the tools the commands would be:

scas myfile.sc myfile.scb
scwr myfile.scb

[EDIT]
Sorry for being incomplete. Obviously you must be in a terminal in that directory for that to work.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 March 2017, 07:32:17 by Tactile »
REΛLFORCE

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1488 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 07:39:09 »
I follow the instructions by wcass in reply #560 and it has always worked for me, although I type in the instructions and don't mess with the paste and drop stuff.

Offline buzzking00

« Reply #1489 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 01:11:35 »
Hey Soarer, which converter will I need for a WY-50 ASCII Terminal Keyboard?

Offline invariance

« Reply #1490 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 05:13:45 »
Hey Soarer, which converter will I need for a WY-50 ASCII Terminal Keyboard?

Soarer hasn't been around for a few years.
You will need his WysEverter.
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline Honthro

« Reply #1491 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 08:43:52 »
Hi guys. Just installed this for my Model F XT. Was surprised how easy it was to load. Now looking at remapping options for the XT's layout. Do you guys know any resources for this? Looking to see what other people have done with their XT to make them easier to use

Offline Tactile

« Reply #1492 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 08:58:56 »
Hi guys. Just installed this for my Model F XT. Was surprised how easy it was to load. Now looking at remapping options for the XT's layout. Do you guys know any resources for this? Looking to see what other people have done with their XT to make them easier to use

I've sold my XT and so don't have the layout files anymore but I turned my XT into essentially a 60% keyboard with F1-F12 across the number row. With that setup you now have all of the left hand F keys to do anything you want. Mine was very similar to a Pok3r layout with Home, End, Print Screen, Scroll lock, Pause, all in the same locations as a Pok3r.

I don't remember any more details of my setup but I'm sure you get the idea.
REΛLFORCE

Offline odysseusgiacosa

« Reply #1493 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 06:00:12 »
Has anyone used Soarer's SDL to USB cable with an Asus Z97-K motherboard? Thank you.

Offline Toysrfun

« Reply #1494 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 12:01:31 »
Here is a link to a converter that works great a little pricey maybe around sixty usd maybe more if you live outside the United States of America but well worth the investment. This company has a ps2 to xt and a USB to xt also many other encoders for the mouse and keyboard amoung other items. You can also search their website they also have good customer support where you can ask them what you are looking for and they will tell you if they carry the item.

http://hagstromelectronics.com/products/ke_xtusb.html
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 June 2017, 12:06:21 by Toysrfun »

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1495 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 12:20:08 »
Hi,
So I'm trying to convert a 1990 model M I have and I've installed soarer's firmware but things aren't working properly unfortunately. A number of keys are sending unidentified signals to the computer, and F1-F4 sends the F12 signal. Could anyone help me figure this out? I can't seem to get anywhere. Thanks.

Offline invariance

« Reply #1496 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 18:01:02 »
Hi,
So I'm trying to convert a 1990 model M I have and I've installed soarer's firmware but things aren't working properly unfortunately. A number of keys are sending unidentified signals to the computer, and F1-F4 sends the F12 signal. Could anyone help me figure this out? I can't seem to get anywhere. Thanks.
What does hidlisten tell you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1497 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 22:12:05 »
HID Listen: http://imgur.com/a/UKzwP

Oh btw, the original cable on my Model M was an RT. Don't know if that helps.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 July 2017, 02:29:57 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1498 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 07:35:25 »
After HID_listen finds the device, press the keys to see what they are saying.

Generally, as I recall, responses like "R05" and "R06" indicate errors.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1499 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 11:23:17 »
Alright I'll try that. What can be done to fix the problem though?

Excluding the numpad, heres HID listen output for every row (top -> Bottom, RIGHT->LEFT).

Waiting for device:
Listening:
r62 +93
rF0 r62 -93
r5F +73
rF0 r5F -73
r57 +72
rF0 r57 -72
r5E +BD
rF0 r5E -BD
r5E +BD r56 +BC rF0 r5E -BD
rF0 r56 -BC
r4F +BB
rF0 r4F -BB
r47 +BA
rF0 r47 -BA
r3F +B9
rF0 r3F -B9
r37 +B8
rF0 r37 -B8
r2F +B7
rF0 r2F -B7
r27 +8C
rF0 r27 -8C
r1F +B2
rF0 r1F -B2
r17 +B0
rF0 r17 -B0
r0F +67
rF0 r0F -67
r07 +45
rF0 r07 -45
r08 +68
rF0 r08 -68
r6F +C1
rF0 r6F -C1
r6E +C0
rF0 r6E -C0
r67 +8B
rF0 r67 -8B
r66 +2A
rF0 r66 -2A
r55 +2E
rF0 r55 -2E
r4E +2D
rF0 r4E -2D
r45 +27
rF0 r45 -27
r46 +26
rF0 r46 -26
r3E +25
rF0 r3E -25
r3D +24
rF0 r3D -24
r36 +23
rF0 r36 -23
r2E +22
rF0 r2E -22
r25 +21
rF0 r25 -21
r26 +20
rF0 r26 -20
r1E +1F
rF0 r1E -1F
r16 +1E
rF0 r16 -1E
r0E +35
rF0 r0E -35
r6D +85
rF0 r6D -85
r65 +BF
rF0 r65 -BF
r64 +8A
rF0 r64 -8A
r5C +B5
rF0 r5C -B5
r5B +30
rF0 r5B -30
r54 +2F
rF0 r54 -2F
r4D +13
rF0 r4D -13
r44 +12
rF0 r44 -12
r43 +0C
rF0 r43 -0C
r3C +18
rF0 r3C -18
r35 +1C
rF0 r35 -1C
r2C +17
rF0 r2C -17
r2D +15
rF0 r2D -15
r24 +08
rF0 r24 -08
r1D +1A
rF0 r1D -1A
r15 +14
rF0 r15 -14
r0D +2B
rF0 r0D -2B
r5A +28
rF0 r5A -28
r52 +34
rF0 r52 -34
r4C +33
rF0 r4C -33
r4B +0F
rF0 r4B -0F
r42 +0E
rF0 r42 -0E
r3B +0D
rF0 r3B -0D
r33 +0B
rF0 r33 -0B
r34 +0A
rF0 r34 -0A
r2B +09
rF0 r2B -09
r23 +07
rF0 r23 -07
r1B +16
rF0 r1B -16
r1C +04
rF0 r1C -04
r14 +E0
rF0 r14 -E0
r63 +92
rF0 r63 -92
r59 +E5
rF0 r59 -E5
r4A +38
rF0 r4A -38
r49 +37
rF0 r49 -37
r41 +36
rF0 r41 -36
r3A +10
rF0 r3A -10
r31 +11
rF0 r31 -11
r32 +05
rF0 r32 -05
r2A +19
rF0 r2A -19
r21 +06
rF0 r21 -06
r22 +1B
rF0 r22 -1B
r1A +1D
rF0 r1A -1D
r12 +E1
rF0 r12 -E1
r6A +89
rF0 r6A -89
r60 +BE
rF0 r60 -BE
r61 +64
rF0 r61 -64
r58 +39 wED W105wED W105wED rFA w04 rFA
rF0 r58 -39
r39 +B3
rF0 r39 -B3
r29 +2C
rF0 r29 -2C
r19 +B1
rF0 r19 -B1
r11 +E2
rF0 r11 -E2
Device disconnected.
Waiting for new device:...........

Then here is the numpad, top->bottom, left->right

Waiting for device:
Listening:
R04 wFE
rF0 r76
r77 +53 wED W105wED W105wED R06 R106!!00rFA +00
wED rFA w01 rFA rF0 r77 -53
r7E +47 wED W105wED W105wED rFA w00 rFA
rF0 r7E -47
r84 +C2
rF0 r84 -C2
r6C +5F
rF0 r6C -5F
r75 +60
rF0 r75 -60
r7D +61
rF0 r7D -61
r7C +55
rF0 r7C -55
r6B +5C
rF0 r6B -5C
r73 +5D
rF0 r73 -5D
r74 +5E
rF0 r74 -5E
r69 +59
rF0 r69 -59
r72 +5A
rF0 r72 -5A
r7A +5B
rF0 r7A -5B
r79 +57
rF0 r79 -57
r70 +62
rF0 r70 -62
r71 +63
rF0 r71 -63

I appear to be getting errors on the RO6 errors on the numpad. I still don't know how to fix anything.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 July 2017, 12:18:40 by PancakeMSTR »