Author Topic: [IC] Poll: colorway for my first retail/GB full keyboard artisan set?  (Read 1619 times)

Offline punkonjunk

Hi! I spent a couple hours picking out some colors I liked, and using colors everyone else likes. I'm getting ready to ramp up for a first set, and I figured I'd take some input on what folks would like to see.

SO, here are the sets.

And here is the poll (also with pictures).

If you have suggestions, ideas, etc, let me know!

Some additional information: These will be back-light compatible by nature of not going hyper-opaque, but without a back-light, will appear totally opaque anyhow. Both worlds!
I have no plans to do legends for the first set - that is HARD. I have plans down the road for a repeatable and simpler way to do it, but it's not ready yet.

When these are produced, I'll be open to minor modifications, as it won't be difficult to do - for example, you want the pipeslash to be alpha colored, not mod colored, spacebar to match a different key or a different color pair, normal scooped F/J instead of fun colored ones. The only thing I won't be able to accommodate immediately is absurd requests like "can you do like less red and more purple but also marble it with green" (although, completely custom sets are in the pipline, but I'd like to do something simple out the gate.)
I appreciate ALL feedback! If you have ideas, tips, anything for this plan, let me know - I'm kind of freewheeling it here.

As for anyone who is curious, my timeline right now looks like:
Now: Figure out the colorway the community likes the most/potential buyers want the hell out of.
mid-april: begin process of making molds. Test new molds and produce colorway sample for photographing so buyers can get an idea of what the set will look like. I don't want to take orders before I can show you folks what it will look like. From here I'll refine based on feedback/interest/preference, then start ramping up to take orders, likely in early may.

If you haven't seen them yet: I made a bad set, a better set, and an awesome set!
The awesome set revealed though, that I need new pressurized molds, which I'm ramping up for with my giant pile of blanks, so that I'll have clean, unimpressioned molds.

Thank you so much for looking through this wall of text!

please excuse the low quality non-renders. This is about picking a color - rendering will be done by just making the set to show you. WAY better than paying some talented gent to render it before I make it :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 April 2017, 17:28:03 by punkonjunk »

Offline Wonderfool

Re: [IC] Poll: colorway for my first retail/GB full keyboard artisan set?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 17:20:56 »
Hiyo.  Just wanted to point out that your first Imgur link has a stray parenthesis in the URL causing it to lead to a 404. 

Code: [Select]
http://imgur.com/a/XWCMC) should be
Code: [Select]
http://imgur.com/a/XWCMC

Offline punkonjunk

Re: [IC] Poll: colorway for my first retail/GB full keyboard artisan set?
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 17:28:37 »
You sir, are a gentleman, and your avatar is very appropriate to your reply.

Thank you very much. :)