Author Topic: [GB] GMK Serika | Orders Open  (Read 28740 times)

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
[GB] GMK Serika | Orders Open
« on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 09:00:07 »

The beige and yellow set is back for a second iteration with greater layout support, revamped novelties, and two full-size core kits with either Hiragana or Latin only alphas.

Where To Buy

🇦🇺 Australia -  Daily Clack
🇨🇦 Canada - Desk Hero
🇸🇬 Southeast Asia - ILUMKB
🇺🇸 USA - Novelkeys_
🇪🇺 Europe - Oblotzky Industries
🇨🇳 China - Zfrontier
🇨🇳 International - Zfrontier

Timeline

Orders will open on December 3rd, 2020, and will close on January 7th, 2021.
Estimated shipping date: Q3 2021 (on or before October 31st, 2021)

Proposed Kits

The Hiragana and Latin Core kits are your starting point and provide basic layout coverage for 60%, 65%, 75%, TKL, 96-key, 1800, and full-size layouts
in both standard and winkeyless variants for both ANSI and ISO layouts, all of that while keeping in mind affordability.

The Macro Expansion add-on kit extends the Core’s layout coverage and provides support for 660-like keyboards (2.25U Shift), standalone numpads
(double zero and equals key), ergonomic and split keyboards (split space bars and a second B), 88-key tenkeyless boards (F13), 60% keyboards
with arrows (2.00U and 1.00U Shift) and extended boards such as the ION Zenith (M1-M10 keys).

Additionally, the kit also includes alternative layout modifiers for HHKB, tenkeyless, and other standard layouts.

The Forties extension kit adds layout support for small form factor and ortholinear keyboards such as the OLKB Planck, ION × AI03 Equinox, or AE × Percebe.

The kit includes accent Enter and Esc keys, 1.00C to 2.75C space bars, and some alternate layout support for ortholinear keyboards.

The International kit provides full layout coverage for Danish, Finnish, German, Norwegian, Swedish, and UK ISO keyboards.

The Geometries kit is a small kit with geometric novelties and accent arrow keys.

The Space Bars kit includes accent space keys from 1.00C to 7.00C for both standard, split, and 40% keyboards.

RW × Serika Novelty Keycap

Produced by RAMA WORKS®
Cherry profile row 1 (Esc key)
Compatible with MX style switches
BEAM finish (Polished Anodized Aluminium). Enamel infill

Salvun × Serika Novelty Keycaps

Produced by Salvun in Belgium
Cherry profile row 1 (Esc key)
Compatible with MX style switches
Made of brass, cerakoted, then laser etched and clear coated.

Deskmats

Serika Deskmat

Hexagon Dark

Hexagon Light

Pricing

Gallery

ION Zenith

Zambumon Fisterra

TGR Alice

Keycult No.2/TKL

Zambumon Sar

Technical Specs

• Made in Germany by GMK electronic design GmbH
  • Cherry profile (1-1-2-3-4-4)
  • Compatible with MX style switches
  • 1.5mm thick double-shot ABS plastic

Disclaimers

• Kindly note that the images are of 3D renders and are for illustration purposes only. The final colors may differ slightly.
  • Keyboards are shown for demonstrative purposes only and are not included with the purchase of these keycaps.
  • Please join the Discord server and type in #bot-spam !join gmk-serika if you'd like to get pinged with updates regarding this project.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
Re: [GB] GMK Serika | Orders Open
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 09:01:40 »
Updates go here

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 09:20:36 »
Not going to lie, this set has really grown on me, and looking forward to owning it for myself. thanks and glwb

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 09:48:06 »
i can feel the money leaving my bank account
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 09:57:53 »

Feel good doesn't it

Until you realize; oh noes I also need to eat
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 09:59:02 »

Same here. I was able to hold off last time cause I am not a fan of the Hiragana sub legends, but this time with Zambu offering a Latin base I'm in for sure.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 11:03:54 »

Z A M B U M O N

S E R I K A

treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 11:04:05 »
This set is one of those ones that looks even better when you see it irl. The colours are just right. AnyOne on the fence should snap it up, it’s a beauty. GLWGB.

Offline azzipa

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 11:52:53 »
Good chance this is in my future, esp since Skydata not likely to reach MOQ at this rate.

Offline Surostu

• switchkeys.au x keyboardfinder.com
    • keyboardfinder
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 00:35:23 »
So i bought it. I dont think there was any other option in my mind.

Offline Liub

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 02:10:00 »
It'll be interesting to see the split of latin vs hiragana core at the end of this GB.

Offline AJ

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 16:32:24 »
Hi, love the look of Serika!

A couple of us on Devtalk (thread) are interested in purchasing it.. and I wondered whether there will be a Typist/Colevrak option like there was for MT3 Serika?

Alternative layouts are quite popular in the dev community and I would guess many others may be interested in such a kit too :-)

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 16:59:47 »

A couple of us on Devtalk (thread) are interested in purchasing it.. and I wondered whether there will be a Typist/Colevrak option like there was for MT3 Serika?

Alternative layouts are quite popular in the dev community and I would guess many others may be interested in such a kit too :-)

No.

-Zambumon, probably

But for real, the IC phase is over. So, no.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 December 2020, 17:01:25 by Fredington »

Offline AJ

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 17:07:31 »

No.

-Zambumon, probably

But for real, the IC phase is over. So, no.

Well they're not ready to drop for almost a year so hopefully Zambumon will be able to work their magic :)

Offline itsmartin

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 19:38:35 »
But it’s not like they just sit on the order until then. Pricing for the kits has to be quoted by GMK, sorted with vendors and then the kits have to meet MOQ during the month that the set is on sale.

By the time a set is in GB phase it’s a little late to be adding new kits or adjusting them.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 December 2020, 19:47:20 by itsmartin »

Offline AJ

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 00:34:28 »
By the time a set is in GB phase it’s a little late to be adding new kits or adjusting them.

I hope that won't be the case :cry:

Part of the reason I asked is because there's another set on Drop and the designer said it's possible they could make some adjustments (that set is actually due in 5 months and is also in GB).

I really hope Zambumon can squeeze a Typist/Colevrak kit in... with that I think this set may well reach cult status (even more than it has already!) ...I think it really could end up on hordes of programmers wish lists  :)

Online IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 00:45:23 »

Part of the reason I asked is because there's another set on Drop and the designer said it's possible they could make some adjustments (that set is actually due in 5 months and is also in GB).

I really hope Zambumon can squeeze a Typist/Colevrak kit in... with that I think this set may well reach cult status (even more than it has already!) ...I think it really could end up on hordes of programmers wish lists  :)

Drop lies about turnaround time and I’d be hesitant to use their estimates to make conclusions. GMK is unable to update quotes in the timeframe of this GB. Itsmartin is being polite here; the kitting isn’t getting changed.

There are two main places/times to demonstrate interest in Typist kits, particularly in GMK sets where kit prices are high relative to MT3 and KAT where they’re much much more doable. 1. the interest check phase. 2. If any other GMK set has a typist kit...buy it. They didn’t sell, vendors got stuck with them, no one wants to run them. If you get typist kits to MOQ, and no one loses money, more people will run them.

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 01:07:58 »

Out of curiosity, what is the set on Drop that you are referring to? I've never seen kits changed during GB unless some major error was found. Not to accommodate entire niche kits.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline carlouws

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 13:32:37 »

This won't happen. Zambumon will say: "No."

Offline clackeys

• Clackeys
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 17:28:39 »
Very happy this got a R2. Congrats!

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 20:39:15 »

^

Offline AJ

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 06 December 2020, 22:11:18 »

^

:cry:

Is there any reason why you didn't include a Colevrak/Typist kit? I noticed you did one for the MT3 kit and am wondering why you didn't do the same for this one (and whether we should not expect you support such layouts in future)..

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 00:40:40 »

^

Is there any reason why you didn't include a Colevrak/Typist kit? I noticed you did one for the MT3 kit and am wondering why you didn't do the same for this one (and whether we should not expect you support such layouts in future)..

If I had to venture a guess it's because MT3 is made by Drop's "in house" manufacturer. This probably lends more flexibility with kitting and MOQ. Every single designer will support all niche/alternative layouts when there is finally demand for it. They don't omit kits to punish people. The typist kit for MT3 Serika sold 69 total kits. The standard qwerty layouts sold 1560 for the Latin+ Katakana kits. It's just about sales figures.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 05:48:26 »

^

It's quite simple. MT3 was dyesub PBT and didn't require new molds.

Offline zekth

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 05:58:15 »
quite popular in the dev community

Define """"""""""""""popular""""""""""""""

Offline SirKhamenman

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 11:17:21 »
Im interested with Fisterra!

Offline Start

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 23:58:24 »
Help. Hiragana or Latin core? Can’t afford both 😭

Offline prognostics

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 10:58:38 »
In for a base kit and a desk mat.
Excellent design and product page as usual, can’t help but pick up Zambumons sets

Offline cptblack

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 14:37:16 »
Will there be graph updates like with Lux?

Offline Benedikt

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 15:10:14 »
Where's the Zambumon No. when you need it?

there you go:

« Last Edit: Sat, 02 January 2021, 15:16:31 by Benedikt »

Offline Seven25

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 08:07:10 »
Really like the deskmat So I ordered one! :D

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 12:37:33 »
Im interested with Fisterra!

That project will take some time, keep an eye on the status page (https://zambumon.com/status)

Offline azzipa

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 10:51:08 »
Or just go with the soon to be famous Oblotzky No  :D

Where's the Zambumon No. when you need it?

there you go:

Show Image

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 03:21:22 »
do we know about how many units this set sold ? i'm curious because i've seen several amazing sets underperform for some reason.
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline tonyjones

• I like big butts and I cannot lie.
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 10:20:26 »
This is a must SET for everyone. Don't sleep on this. Mark my word.

Offline prizeS

• TastyKeys
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 13:34:12 »
do we know about how many units this set sold ? i'm curious because i've seen several amazing sets underperform for some reason.

that reason would probably be due to the massive amounts of sets we have every month nowadays.
i lub 65% and wkl tkl.

Offline knam316

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 01:39:02 »
Love the set... if only I had money

Offline bliss

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 14:02:44 »
Joined when orders where open; finally my first Zamb set <3

And finally a German layout GMK for me, because typing respective texts via International English is more cumbersome than I like (too many umlauts).

There are extras available, so grab yours today :thumb: (I am not affiliated)

Offline vafan

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 19:38:39 »
I read somewhere said that this set will shipping in May. Any update?

Offline bball2

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 19:48:03 »
https://novelkeys.com/pages/Product-Updates

Novelkeys says Q2 2022 and it's shipping to customers now?

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 19:52:32 »
Can confirm. Have had a couple friends get their shipping notice today

Offline nettik

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 20:18:08 »
I too just got my shipping notice today!

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 30 June 2022, 19:11:43 »
nailed it

my qd-oled monitor is probably the issue here. i should just calibrate it. this is fine. or maybe it's the lighting of my picture?
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 June 2022, 19:14:04 by solomonshv »
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 30 June 2022, 20:19:05 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 June 2022, 20:22:50 by Kokaloo »

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 30 June 2022, 20:25:09 »
nailed it

Don't worry they changed the render on the extras page as of this morning! you can even see the file name has "fixed" in it

oh my gosh! i feel so much better now, like i didn't flush money down the toilet for ugly caps i will never use

first there was bread, then aluvia, and now this. can't wait to see how my next order will be f**ked up.

i think the best part about this is that RAMA, the vendors and i'm guessing the designer all saw this and they all thought, "this is ok to ship, no need to even give a heads up for the turd these suckers are about to unwrap."

no more GBs for me. never again am i giving people money unless i see the final product first
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 July 2022, 03:02:23 by solomonshv »

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 30 June 2022, 22:05:18 »
I'm not happy about this either.

I don't expect much from Rama Works anymore but I do trust Novel Keys. Would anyone from Novel Keys be kind enough to address this?

Remediation would be even better.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 01 July 2022, 06:00:15 »
The Rama cap definitely does not match the render well enough. We are offering refunds to anyone who ordered (from NovelKeys) this during the preorder and wants to return it. I am not sure what happened here, and I am sorry for anyone who is not happy with the cap.

The updated render isn't to fool anyone, its for extras so that it better matches peoples expectations.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 July 2022, 06:04:37 by mgsickler »

Offline nickthaskater

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 17:16:22 »
Why was the artisan advertised as the BEAM finish when the render shows something more akin to the KURO finish?

BEAM is clearly represented on RAMA's site as polished aluminium (silver) as described in this IC, except the render actually shows polished aluminium. You can also compare to the KURO finish which is clearly represented as black, and looks much more like the render in this IC.

Somebody dropped the ball here. If RAMA was told "produce the cap in BEAM" then they didn't do anything wrong and the designer should be held accountable for presenting a render that was in no way similar to RAMA's BEAM finish.

See: https://ramaworks.store/products/rw-x-thermal-keycap

vs.

« Last Edit: Mon, 18 July 2022, 17:19:02 by nickthaskater »

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 20 November 2022, 19:02:49 »
Is the font for the Serika R2 renders open source? Is there any information on this? Mostly for the hiragana sublegends.

Thank you in advance for any information you might have.