Author Topic: An accidental interest  (Read 1582 times)

Offline setriode

An accidental interest
« on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 00:06:08 »
Over the last 8 years, I have gone through four Logitech keyboards.  I have one still, a very cheap one which works but is pathetic in its feel and the resulting accuracy and typing speed.

Just after Xmas, I came across a reference to mechanical keyboards on a photography site & decided to give myself a present.  Fanatical research into the early hours, led me to the legend of Topre keyboards.  I found an Australian site which offered a Realforce variable weight 104u for a price that was barely affordable, but it was bought.  Meanwhile a used Deck Francium with Cherry browns came up for sale on eBay and I snapped that up as well.

Oh, the joy, the sheer luxury and feel of these keyboards has transported me to a realm where typing becomes a pleasure and sheer joy.  Newfound accuracy and speed and also memory of the earliest keyboards I used which felt so much better.  I now realize the tragic descent in quality of keyboards on laptops. Finally these boards supplied me with a reversal of this decline.

Cruising this site, easily, I slipped into fantasy which became desire and now I want a Whitefox.

Tweaks, have enabled me to refine my typing.  A wooden wrist rest is such a improvement; having used rubber mats under the keyboards I now prefer micro-fibre towels which dampen the sound and slight harshness of the Cherry brown. 

All this, thanks to this site and its members.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 February 2017, 01:32:25 by setriode »

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: An accidental interest
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 00:10:04 »
Be careful! I have spent wayyyy tooo much money haha

Welcome to the community!!