Author Topic: [GB] Color Field (on PimpMyKeyboard)  (Read 4223 times)

Offline velocirabbit

[GB] Color Field (on PimpMyKeyboard)
« on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 19:57:32 »
http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/velocirabbit-color-field-60/

There's a new group buy that just popped up on PimpMyKeyboard!

This group buy is for an awesome keycap set for 60% keyboards, inspired by Barnett Newman’s “Voice of Fire.” For those of you familiar with the piece, I switched the colors around because I thought that felt more calming with the proportions used.

This set will be double-shot ABS in DCS profile.
(custom logo will be pad-printed)
Colors used: BFP (blue), RR (red), WA (white)

Velocirabbit Color Field icon os

The base set consists of a full set of legend-keys, with an extra Velocirabbit icon key.

Group buys in this set:
* ANSI keys with legends
* Additional ISO keys with legends
* Blank ANSI keys
* Additional blank ISO keys

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: [GB] Color Field (on PimpMyKeyboard)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 20:23:10 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

An interesting colour combination - and yes, it probably is a bit less jarring with the colours you have selected.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline velocirabbit

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 10:39:26 »
Thanks!

I'm starting to think that there should be a couple more child buys to cover other keyboard sizes, though.

Offline mougrim

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 09:47:13 »
Maybe you should start with tenkeyless layout, that way you'll find more buyers ;)
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 12:26:33 »
Velocirabbit?! Cool name I love dinosaurs. Is that from a show or book? I like the dinosaur keys.ps I have 3 60% and no TKL no full size so I'm only looking for 60% and hate paying for extra keys
. So I do appreciate 60% sets with lower cost!
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 April 2014, 12:28:16 by dustinhxc »

Offline mougrim

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 14:13:20 »
Velocirabbit?! Cool name I love dinosaurs. Is that from a show or book? I like the dinosaur keys.ps I have 3 60% and no TKL no full size so I'm only looking for 60% and hate paying for extra keys
Yeah, but tenkeyless layout = more buyers = more chances to get MOQ.
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 15:26:56 »
Yeah, but tenkeyless layout = more buyers = more chances to get MOQ.

This is very true!! Plus I do like getting sets for my ten key pad!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 11:14:36 »
Change to Cherry font. I'm done with WYSE and I think many others are too.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 11:14:48 »
Change to Cherry font. I'm done with WYSE and I think many others are too.

wyse is the fat one right? like on hyper? I'm excited for my raindropR2 to compare. I don't believe I own any cherry legends.