Author Topic: [IC] "Team Spirit" - PBT Dye-Sub DSA GeekHack keycaps! (PimpMyKeyboard.com)  (Read 49261 times)

Offline base_on_base

• Resident Hydroxide
Interest check for "Team Spirit" PBT dye-sublimated key caps going on at PimpMyKeyboard:
http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/team-spirit-pbt-dye-sub-dsa/

Also includes /r/MK key caps, if that's your thing...

WASD V2 - MX Green / Aqua - MX Green(WIP) / Unicomp Ultra Classic - Buckling Springs

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
So did you ask anyone if you could have geek hack keys made? I thought the geek hack legend was one you have to ask to use?

Offline base_on_base

• Resident Hydroxide
So did you ask anyone if you could have geek hack keys made? I thought the geek hack legend was one you have to ask to use?

"Geek Hack" isn't trademarked and the font is Arial Round.

WASD V2 - MX Green / Aqua - MX Green(WIP) / Unicomp Ultra Classic - Buckling Springs

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Well I'm sure the community here paid for the actual mold to make 'geek hack' key caps at SP, so out of common courtesy you should at least attempt to PM an admin to let them know you intend to run a group buy that will use it.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"Geek Hack" isn't trademarked

Kind of missing the point here. :/

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder

This is true.
Also, you didn't even start an IC.
I hate it when people start PMK buys like this.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline GSimon

Well I'm sure the community here paid for the actual mold to make 'geek hack' key caps at SP, so out of common courtesy you should at least attempt to PM an admin to let them know you intend to run a group buy that will use it.

If it's Dye-Sub there wouldn't be a mold though....right? Not saying there wasn't a mold created for the DoubleShot DCS.

Offline base_on_base

• Resident Hydroxide

Well, out of courtesy I will inform an admin. Also, these are dye-sublimated so no special molds needed to be produced.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

If it's Dye-Sub there wouldn't be a mold though....right? Not saying there wasn't a mold created for the DoubleShot DCS.
I suppose I was thinking double shot. But the point still stands.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
There's no mold so yeah you can do what you want, but it's bad form IMO to put this up without checking in with the admins, like ray said.  Back in the day we were pretty choosy about GEEK HACK keys, though I feel like it's not as big a deal as it used to be.

And yeah, this is not the right attitude.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
Re: [IC] "Team Spirit" - PBT Dye-Sub DSA GeekHack keycaps! (PimpMyKeyboard.com)
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 01:11:11 »
What is the point of the Miami one if it is in DSA? Miami is in DCS.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 01:48:49 »
if the OP asked first he/she would have very likely got the official font for the geekhack key together with all the best wishes from the administrators. At this point... I don't know

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 05:45:26 »
What is the point of the Miami one if it is in DSA? Miami is in DCS.

Tbf both rounds of Miami sets came/come with GH keys, in both colour ways

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.

well, there is no point left though technically... there's nothing you can do to intervene legally... it's all in the rights!

GL & HF

PS: yes I'm being a ****, thank you internet for making it possible!
PPS: also, I'm sick & tired of the pissing contest some select vag-face users are having with single other users over at other communities for nothing! (except maybe utter stupidity and no life-satisfaction at all as it appears). It's poison for the industry (nobody cares about who's the more elitist community. The gros of the people ****s all over you, or doesn't even know that you exist! (this concerns r/mk, GH, DT, etc... (me included))) so stop being so ****ing delusional. You do realise the logic that "together" is stronger than "against each other"... but everytime something touches you slightly you go ape-**** mental!  Seriously, what's up with that?

(And don't ****ing ask for examples, the web is full of them (also my own experiences I had directly), or I'll go mental for once and cripple you... Just want to know why? What went wrong? Did mommy not breast feed you long enough or at all?)

And now, after I've got that out of my system, back to reasonable: I had some really bad experiences with div. orderings etc., only because I was a more acitve user on another community than over here. And I'm reckoning worse for customers who haven't even got an account here or at any MKB community! And this is definitely not how an open and free market should work!
It was a late call, but I finally got a slightly satisfying answer to my problem. BUT, if I'd had no response even for one more day, I would of persued legal actions against said (atm. anonymous) seller! And I would of taken down his whole business with it!!
And all this only because some select users have unresolved childish issues with other users from other communities! WHAT A SHAME!
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 January 2015, 06:40:12 by rioc »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 06:53:31 »

well, there is no point left though technically... there's nothing you can do to intervene legally... it's all in the rights!

GL & HF

PS: yes I'm being a ****, thank you internet for making it possible!
PPS: also, I'm sick & tired of the pissing contest some select vag-face users are having with single other users over at other communities for nothing! (except maybe utter stupidity and no life-satisfaction at all as it appears). It's poison for the industry (nobody cares about who's the more elitist community. The gros of the people ****s all over you, or doesn't even know that you exist! (this concerns r/mk, GH, DT, etc... (me included))) so stop being so ****ing delusional. You do realise the logic that "together" is stronger than "against each other"... but everytime something touches you slightly you go ape-**** mental!  Seriously, what's up with that?

(And don't ****ing ask for examples, the web is full of them (also my own experiences I had directly), or I'll go mental for once and cripple you... Just want to know why? What went wrong? Did mommy not breast feed you long enough or at all?)

And now, after I've got that out of my system, back to reasonable: I had some really bad experiences with div. orderings etc., only because I was a more acitve user on another community than over here. And I'm reckoning worse for customers who haven't even got an account here or at any MKB community! And this is definitely not how an open and free market should work!
It was a late call, but I finally got a slightly satisfying answer to my problem. BUT, if I'd had no response even for one more day, I would of persued legal actions against said (atm. anonymous) seller! And I would of taken down his whole business with it!!
And all this only because some select users have unresolved childish issues with other users from other communities! WHAT A SHAME!

Whoa, calm yourself. You're getting all worked up again. :))
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 07:14:06 »
>creates 'team spirit' set interest thread
>goes ape**** when some of the 'team' raise questions
>insert demik quote

Offline rioc

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 09:00:12 »

well, this is cause this kind of childish nonsense just gets me worked up...

I'm starting to get so pissed about this, I might try to start some kind of harmonization between the two (GH & /r/mk)... ;) (I guess ripster would have to dial down his "sarcastic" joking/taunting or whatever. Cause even if it might not be meant totally serious, I bet between him and whoever else over here, who had beef with each other, still don't take it on the funny side.) And then stuff like the "PBT Team Spirit" caps wouldn't exactly be as polarizing as they are now. (I bet the user had some kind of harmonization in mind with that IC too, but it got rallied wrong by other users on both sides, and then it's exactly contra productive to what it was supposed to be)...
I bet there are loads of users on both sides, that would profit from each other. (if this may be know-how, tradings, discussions, etc...)

Me for example, I'm also not as aware of GH as I could be. I check through the forums every now and then, but I prefer the straight-forward approach of any reddit "forum" since these "old school" forums are way to interlaced for my taste, and that's why I mostly just check through the subreddit, cause all the information is found much faster without having to use search functions... I keep on finding out stuff on here I didn't know about way later than I could have, only because it was hidden in some sub category... (I'm not suggesting anything has to change structurally on either side, but collaboration could help both extremely well, instead of this back and forth with who is best, who isn't, who stole what, etc... ;)
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 January 2015, 09:09:06 by rioc »

Offline drewba

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 11:00:30 »
edit: assumed too much
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 January 2015, 11:12:48 by drewba »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 11:13:20 »
I'm also not as aware of GH as I could be. I check through the forums every now and then, but I prefer the straight-forward approach of any reddit "forum" since these "old school" forums are way to interlaced for my taste

Feel free to stay on reddit, we don't mind, take your friends to.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 11:19:55 »
I'm also not as aware of GH as I could be. I check through the forums every now and then, but I prefer the straight-forward approach of any reddit "forum" since these "old school" forums are way to interlaced for my taste

A "team spirit" strong example. LOL.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 11:28:42 »

Yes it goes quite well with this

so this thread is literally a troll by reddit

but they make sure to ask one of their own permission to use his cap

88860-1

And how did asking if OP asked permission to use 'geek hack' warrant these responses?

88862-2

:-\

Oh one more

I'm starting to get so pissed about this, I might try to start some kind of harmonization between the two (GH & /r/mk)... ;)

88864-3

Your definition of harmonization must be very unique.

« Last Edit: Tue, 27 January 2015, 11:42:53 by SpAmRaY »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 12:04:26 »
I have never been at r/mk, but it seems they are mostly teens with high hormonal imbalances, so you cannot blame them for their behavior, hormones are always too strong to fight against them successfully.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 January 2015, 12:17:25 by ideus »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 12:18:40 »
Let me just say this. I know there is some crossover, but for the most part, the two communities are entirely separate. There is nothing wrong with that. Many people are introduced to the hobby through r/MK and find their way here. There is nothing wrong with that either. But to think we work as a "team" is misguided. There is such vitriol from their "leader" toward this community, that such can never be. When people have come here from r/MK and have participated in this community, as beginners on this forum, they have been accepted. When their hearts remain with the other site, they usually migrate back over there. When they dive in here, they usually leave that place behind, since information is presented in a more permanent way, here. Either choice is fine. But it's probably difficult to maintain a presence on both, due to the one-sided animosity coming from r/MK (mostly from their "leader") toward us here.

The times when there have been problems have arisen from when one member attemps to maintain a presence on both sites, and "talks out of both sides of their mouth," that is, criticizing/ridiculing one site while on the other, and vice versa.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline drewba

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 12:30:55 »
The times when there have been problems have arisen from when one member attemps to maintain a presence on both sites, and "talks out of both sides of their mouth," that is, criticizing/ridiculing one site while on the other, and vice versa.

I think if you're a reasonable human being you can be on both. I see A LOT of GH users on /r/mk. For the past two months I've done a 50/50 split and use each community in different ways. I do not agree that moderator = leader. He does have some loud fanboys but I don't feel like the average /r/mk user thinks ripster is any leader (in my super duper humble opinion). Reddit momentarily turns in to a cesspool anytime CC/k3kc is mentioned or when ripster starts one of his bait posts. But if it's otherwise ignored, /r/mk isn't a bad place.

For what it's worth, I think you can ignore specific users if you install Reddit Enhancement Suite, I just need to figure out how to do it...

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 12:36:29 »
Is it weird that I thought this said "Teen Spirit" and was expect someone with Nirvana?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 12:41:46 »
I think if you're a reasonable human being you can be on both. I see A LOT of GH users on /r/mk. For the past two months I've done a 50/50 split and use each community in different ways. I do not agree that moderator = leader. He does have some loud fanboys but I don't feel like the average /r/mk user thinks ripster is any leader (in my super duper humble opinion). Reddit momentarily turns in to a cesspool anytime CC/k3kc is mentioned or when ripster starts one of his bait posts. But if it's otherwise ignored, /r/mk isn't a bad place.

I'm sure you're right. But I think the problem lies with the r/MK "hive mind" simply following the us vs. them, "Geekhack is evil" mantra. Why would the users here want to visit a place where they aren't welcome? That's why I called him the "leader." However, I realize the VAST majority of people who frequent r/MK aren't like rip at all.

FWIW, rip was banned from DT, too, yet I don't see daily posts from him about how they are the devil.

in memoriam

Offline Data

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 12:46:09 »
I despise Reddit (in general -- worst layout of any message board ever conceived) so GH and Deskthority are all I know of mechanical keyboard communities.

That said, many (most?) long term GeekHackers are overly protective of the "brand"... to the point of kneejerk overreactions, some of which can be seen right here.  It's incredibly off-putting and unwelcoming to new members who just want to celebrate the community through keycaps, not have to report to self-appointed brand police.  It's ridiculous.

I'm sure base_on_base is really sorry that he didn't run it by you first.   :rolleyes:

Offline drewba

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 12:52:06 »

I'm sure you're right. But I think the problem lies with the r/MK "hive mind" simply following the us vs. them, "Geekhack is evil" mantra. Why would the users here want to visit a place where they aren't welcome? That's why I called him the "leader." However, I realize the VAST majority of people who frequent r/MK aren't like rip at all.

FWIW, rip was banned from DT, too, yet I don't see daily posts from him about how they are the devil.
I wondered about his lack of disdain for DT...maybe he hasn't come up with a disparaging name for them yet.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 12:52:11 »
That said, many (most?) long term GeekHackers are overly protective of the "brand"... to the point of kneejerk overreactions, some of which can be seen right here.  It's incredibly off-putting and unwelcoming to new members who just want to celebrate the community through keycaps, not have to report to self-appointed brand police.  It's ridiculous.

Brand awareness is very important, especially when you've done a lot to try and enhance or improve your brand. So I don't think it's ridiculous to be protective of it. New offerings produced with the brand name or logo should at the very least seek consensus from the brand owners - in this case the membership or administration - before proceeding. It's what we used to call common courtesy.

in memoriam

Offline Data

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 12:56:21 »

Brand awareness is very important, especially when you've done a lot to try and enhance or improve your brand. So I don't think it's ridiculous to be protective of it. New offerings produced with the brand name or logo should at the very least seek consensus from the brand owners - in this case the membership or administration - before proceeding. It's what we used to call common courtesy.

If I'm doing something that I feel is in some way helpful/beneficial to the community (at large, not just the web site where it gathers), should I really have to ask permission?

Come on...

You're taking the concept of brand awareness outside of any reasonable context.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 13:03:58 »
If I'm doing something that I feel is in some way helpful/beneficial to the community (at large, not just the web site where it gathers), should I really have to ask permission?

Absolutely. Carpe Keyboards isn't a business, it's my personal brand that I use for my keyboard creations. If someone wanted to produce something with my name or logo on it, because they thought it benefited me or my brand in some way, while I would be flattered for sure, I would definitely expect them to seek my permission first! Otherwise, it would feel as if I had been "ripped off," so to speak, by them using it without my knowledge.

All the more so if someone expects the very owners of the brand to support the product, as in a group buy.

You may think that is extreme for me to expect of someone, while I think it perfectly reasonable.

in memoriam

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 13:11:58 »
I think it makes perfect sense JD. If you want to use something that isn't yours, you should ask. Regardless of the intention, even if it is positive I think anyone would want to know when "their" creative design is being used.

Offline Data

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 13:14:12 »

Absolutely. Carpe Keyboards isn't a business, it's my personal brand that I use for my keyboard creations. If someone wanted to produce something with my name or logo on it, because they thought it benefited me or my brand in some way, while I would be flattered for sure, I would definitely expect them to seek my permission first! Otherwise, it would feel as if I had been "ripped off," so to speak, by them using it without my knowledge.

All the more so if someone expects the very owners of the brand to support the product, as in a group buy.

You may think that is extreme for me to expect of someone, while I think it perfectly reasonable.

See, this is what I'm talking about though.  You're applying brand awareness principles (which I agree with, by the way) to an entity with no brand and (arguably) no stake -- or, at best, a shared community stake.  GeekHack.org doesn't make or sell a product.  Geek Hack is not Coke, or Disney, or Nike.  From what I can tell, there's not even an LLC behind the web site (which was surprising).  Therefore, there can be no loss of brand equity.

If I'm doing something cool like making caps for the community, with or without permission (from whom?), how could that possibly harm the community brand?  IT DOES NOT FOLLOW.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 13:15:30 »
I'm pretty sure the Geekhack brand is owned by Geekhackers, LLC

in memoriam

Offline Data

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 13:29:45 »

I'm not finding anything under "geek hack" or "geekhack" at the USPTO.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's totally polite and cool to ask first.  But likewise, it's really poor form to freak out and turn into the brand police over a Geek Hack key that maybe didn't get the fullest community blessing first.  It's not like they're rare or even particularly special.  I understand the community interest, especially in light of our "feud" with Reddit, but it gets a bit absurd at times.  There was no reason to jump all over this guy.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 14:04:42 »

Don't get me wrong, I think it's totally polite and cool to ask first.  But likewise, it's really poor form to freak out and turn into the brand police over a Geek Hack key that maybe didn't get the fullest community blessing first.  It's not like they're rare or even particularly special.  I understand the community interest, especially in light of our "feud" with Reddit, but it gets a bit absurd at times.  There was no reason to jump all over this guy.

See you don't look at a geek hack key the same way I do. To me they are special and there are some rare ones, ask halverson.

Like I said on reddit why would a community who doesn't like this place even want to have geek hack caps made? Let geek hack worry about making geek hack caps and r/mk can make r/mk caps.

And again do I need to remind everyone the only reason this thread was posted here was because ripster encouraged it to be? Clearly for the purpose of trolling?

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 14:09:21 »

See you don't look at a geek hack key the same way I do. To me they are special and there are some rare ones, ask halverson.

Like I said on reddit why would a community who doesn't like this place even want to have geek hack caps made? Let geek hack worry about making geek hack caps and r/mk can make r/mk caps.

And again do I need to remind everyone the only reason this thread was posted here was because ripster encouraged it to be? Clearly for the purpose of trolling?

(Attachment Link)

Yeah, after this I definitely won't consider joining this GB at all.
Not even if he gets approval.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Data

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 14:26:45 »

(Attachment Link)

And this response is exactly what ripster wanted.

You've taken the bait.  If the response had been, "Cool man.  Nice key set." instead, then the troll would have failed completely.  But that didn't happen.  Much kneejerking happened instead.

Poor form.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 14:37:04 »
Enough teen spirit for the team spirit.

Offline base_on_base

• Resident Hydroxide
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 15:19:31 »

Yes it goes quite well with this

(Attachment Link)

so this thread is literally a troll by reddit

but they make sure to ask one of their own permission to use his cap

(Attachment Link)

And how did asking if OP asked permission to use 'geek hack' warrant these responses?

(Attachment Link)

:-\

Oh one more

I'm starting to get so pissed about this, I might try to start some kind of harmonization between the two (GH & /r/mk)... ;)

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

Do you REALLY think that I spent hours starting an interest check on PimpMyKeyboard just to mess with you?

« Last Edit: Tue, 27 January 2015, 15:40:59 by base_on_base »

Offline base_on_base

• Resident Hydroxide
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 15:38:43 »

(Attachment Link)

"Let geek hack worry about making geek hack caps and r/mk can make r/mk caps." I'm a member of BOTH communities. I know your baseless /r/MK hating makes it hard for you to understand that but some of us don't blindly hate thousands of people because of which website they enjoy going on.

Also, no Ripster did not tell me to post this. I made the interest check, posted it to /r/MK AND GeekHack, then Ripster, in the comments of my /r/MK post, said that I should post it here, I replied with the link to my GeekHack post, then you go ape**** thinking that it's all a big conspiracy to make you look silly. If you don't want to buy it, don't, I literally couldn't care. But whether or not you're convinced that Ripster and everyone on /r/MK is "out to get ya", I'll still be apart of the GeekHack community, which is kinda what these key caps are all about.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 January 2015, 15:46:36 by base_on_base »

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 07:23:45 »

(Attachment Link)

"Let geek hack worry about making geek hack caps and r/mk can make r/mk caps." I'm a member of BOTH communities. I know your baseless /r/MK hating makes it hard for you to understand that but some of us don't blindly hate thousands of people because of which website they enjoy going on.

Also, no Ripster did not tell me to post this. I made the interest check, posted it to /r/MK AND GeekHack, then Ripster, in the comments of my /r/MK post, said that I should post it here, I replied with the link to my GeekHack post, then you go ape**** thinking that it's all a big conspiracy to make you look silly. If you don't want to buy it, don't, I literally couldn't care. But whether or not you're convinced that Ripster and everyone on /r/MK is "out to get ya", I'll still be apart of the GeekHack community, which is kinda what these key caps are all about.

Cool, just ask first next time. It's not too much to ask someone to have common courtesy.

And just so it's clear, informing after the fact is not the same as asking beforehand.

IMHO, the thread was going fine, no overheated egos, people just politely pointing out that the OP made a judgement error and discussing the legalities of identity ownership and then rioc's post slammed in like a ton of teen rage.

I recommend you put the GB on hold, ask permission and proceed from there. As Matt3o says, if you'd done this in the first place you'd probably have been given the official font to use. You may still be. Whereas if you just push this through out of contrariness, don't expect common courtesy in return for not giving any yourself.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 08:16:34 »
You've taken the bait.  If the response had been, "Cool man.  Nice key set." instead, then the troll would have failed completely.  But that didn't happen.  Much kneejerking happened instead.

Poor form.

I have to agree. This looks like a troll attempt. It was poor form on their part, to troll at all. Common decency would dictate that you at least ask permission before using the 'Geekhack' key. And it doesn't matter if GH has trademarked the name, etc. with the patent office -- there are still common law protections just for publishing and operating as Geekhack. Publishing your control of the trademark gives you more protections, it doesn't remove them.

Thanks Reddit, for the most Orwellian-named keyset to date.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline rioc

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 11:16:47 »

It sure is... yes...
took you some time to find out.

also, I admit, half of my posts were trolls, cause I ****ing love how people can wind themselves up over bull**** like this... the other half is pissed off over people who get pissed off over bull**** like this and then I wind myself up... (it's a fight within myself, yes, I see that too)... but hey... it's the friggin net... what do you expect?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 11:21:59 »

But seriously, it started out completely polite with what's a normal question here, did you ask permission.  Whenever something with Cherry legends pops up, that gets asked.  Whenever certain keys paid for by OTD appear in buys, that gets asked.  Whenever someone wants to do something like this, that question always gets asked.

With the GH keys, I know they generally get run by a member with any and all profit getting donated to GH.  It's just polite to ask first before doing something like that.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 January 2015, 11:26:34 by nubbinator »

Offline neverused

It sure is... yes...
took you some time to find out.

also, I admit, half of my posts were trolls, cause I ****ing love how people can wind themselves up over bull**** like this... the other half is pissed off over people who get pissed off over bull**** like this and then I wind myself up... (it's a fight within myself, yes, I see that too)... but hey... it's the friggin net... what do you expect?
The location of an expressed thought should not be an excuse for rudeness or poor taste. You seem quite experienced in both respects and stirring the pot in your particular manner is childish and ignorant at best, though I would evaluate it as more pathetic and attention starved than anything.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 14:52:32 »
tl:dr

another reason I never go on reddit...they can have their unrestricted, angry, self-loathing, neverloving, overindulging, overreaching selves a great time.

It appears that r/mk may one day threaten the good name of our established business, Mechanical Keyboards, Inc. May it never be so...do you hear me foul-spirited redditors...

Retraction: I didn't mean to generalize, and for that I am sorry. There are foul-spirited redditors, but they comprise but a small percentage of those who submit reddits on r/MK. One of which is nothing more than a tattler, and I am sure many here knows who he is and why he is banned from GeekHack. I should have never even typed a single syllable. For that, please accept my apology: I am sorry.
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 February 2015, 17:58:28 by 00zeRO »
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline base_on_base

• Resident Hydroxide
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 15:52:10 »

(Attachment Link)

Cool, just ask first next time. It's not too much to ask someone to have common courtesy.

And just so it's clear, informing after the fact is not the same as asking beforehand.

IMHO, the thread was going fine, no overheated egos, people just politely pointing out that the OP made a judgement error and discussing the legalities of identity ownership and then rioc's post slammed in like a ton of teen rage.

I recommend you put the GB on hold, ask permission and proceed from there. As Matt3o says, if you'd done this in the first place you'd probably have been given the official font to use. You may still be. Whereas if you just push this through out of contrariness, don't expect common courtesy in return for not giving any yourself.

Look, I genuinely apologize. I wasn't aware that Geek Hack was so exclusive over who was 'allowed' to produce keys with Geek Hack written on them. I will make sure to properly ask the admins next time. Additionally, I am unable to pause the group buy, signature plastics won't like it if I tell them to pull out at this point.

Additional note: This will be the last comment I make in this thread regarding my lack of contacting admins before beginning the interest check with signature plastics.

Offline GSimon

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 12:53:33 »

another reason I never go on reddit...they can have their unrestricted, angry, self-loathing, neverloving, overindulging, overreaching selves a great time.

It appears that r/mk may one day threaten the good name of our established business, Mechanical Keyboards, Inc. May it never be so...do you hear me foul-spirited redditors...  >:D

Lol, what's funny is for the most part reddit, particularly /r/mk, is good-natured, largely due to the voting system and backlash of downvotes. They're also pretty understanding due to the desire to support each other over what most 'outsiders' would consider to be a frivolous/nerdy hobby. The overindulging & overreaching might have some credence however.

If anything I initially had to tone down my angry/hateful comments because of how sensitive a lot of them are. I think one example was I stated "who cares what someone does to some old keyboard anyway" after a user painted an IBM keyboard black and the subreddit was against that on principle. I still stand by that statement, it's their property, but I tend to keep those comments to myself now. Not saying I don't ever step out of line though :P

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 13:00:31 »

It appears that r/mk may one day threaten the good name of our established business, Mechanical Keyboards, Inc. May it never be so...do you hear me foul-spirited redditors...  >:D

Lol, what's funny is for the most part reddit, particularly /r/mk, is good-natured, largely due to the voting system and backlash of downvotes. They're also pretty understanding due to the desire to support each other over what most 'outsiders' would consider to be a frivolous/nerdy hobby. The overindulging & overreaching might have some credence however.

If anything I initially had to tone down my angry/hateful comments because of how sensitive a lot of them are. I think one example was I stated "who cares what someone does to some old keyboard anyway" after a user painted an IBM keyboard black and the subreddit was against that on principle. I still stand by that statement, it's their property, but I tend to keep those comments to myself now. Not saying I don't ever step out of line though :P

Well, the post that caused me to stop following r/MK was when a guy was bragging about his self love being all over his keyboard before sending it in to be RMA'd. He goes into quite a bit of detail, and needless to say, I was eating. From that day forward, I was done with reddit...clearly there are no restrictions, reminds me of the old Cole Porter song, 'Anything Goes'

Offline GSimon

« Reply #50 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 13:09:14 »
Well, the post that caused me to stop following r/MK was when a guy was bragging about his self love being all over his keyboard before sending it in to be RMA'd. He goes into quite a bit of detail, and needless to say, I was eating. From that day forward, I was done with reddit...clearly there are no restrictions, reminds me of the old Cole Porter song, 'Anything Goes'

I guess you've never come across Elrick's comments, things can get quite sexual here as well:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68198.msg1616256#msg1616256
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51026.msg1612928#msg1612928

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 14:48:36 »

I guess you've never come across Elrick's comments, things can get quite sexual here as well:

I suppose you are thinking I will click those links? Nah.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 14:58:45 »

I suppose you are thinking I will click those links? Nah.
Do it, they are very arousing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 13:56:54 »

Way to alienate a large portion of business for your website, imo.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 14:05:44 »

yup

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 14:13:10 »

yup

I certainly hope he is not the sole representative of mk.com, because that's pretty scary, if so.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 14:18:09 »

yup

That thread just made my brain hurt
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 14:32:15 »
...and 693 Guests are viewing this topic.
... ...

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator

...and 693 Guests are viewing this topic.

That's most likely the whole of r/MK. They may have 60,000 "subscribers," but probably 1% actually read and post in the sub.

in memoriam

Offline Data

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 14:45:49 »

yup
Some people are taking Zero's tongue-in-cheek White Knight post a little too seriously on Reddit?

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Misunderstood, once again... :(

The point I was simply trying to make is that there is much that is said on r/MK that is not very good, a lot of mud that is slung around. And I certainly hope that those new to mechanical keboards wouldn't look at the subreddit and think it has been set up or moderated by our company. That was all I was saying.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
I just read the headline blast from ripster. Now I get it...

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l

It's almost like Ripster takes things out of context and molds them into clickbait.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 14:57:27 »
that comment was made days ago.. ripster is falling behind. strange, given how he spends half his day here. i also find it amusing how reddit is offended when someone takes a dig at them, whilst happily partaking in ripster's Geekwhack charade at the same time

it's dangerous how one such comment can potentially affect your livelihood this day and age.. i feel bad for anyone who has to deal with such scenarios on a daily basis

Offline drewba

The point I was simply trying to make is that there is much that is said on r/MK that is not very good, a lot of mud that is slung around. And I certainly hope that those new to mechanical keboards wouldn't look at the subreddit and think it has been set up or moderated by our company. That was all I was saying.

What exactly was misunderstood?

Seems you are still digging yourself a hole...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

It's almost like Ripster takes things out of context and molds them into clickbait.
No, you don't say. :facepalm:

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Um, no. I believe I clarified with the last post.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
that comment was made days ago.. ripster is falling behind. strange, given how he spends half his day here. i also find it amusing how reddit is offended when someone takes a dig at them, whilst happily partaking in ripster's Geekwhack charade at the same time

it's dangerous how one such comment can potentially affect your livelihood this day and age.. i feel bad for anyone who has to deal with such scenarios on a daily basis
The irony is that my comment was meant to defend Geek Hack from the constant barrage of dissenters and disgruntled banned members. And I guess my 'attack' was twisted by those same people into an 'assault' on reddit. Hmmmm back to the OP, I ask, what Team Spirit?

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore

What exactly was misunderstood?

Seems you are still digging yourself a hole...

He summed it up pretty well, because it is /mechanicalkeyboards and his stores name happens to be mechanicalkeyboards.com , he doesn't want people to think they are run by the same person.

Offline drewba

So you followed up one generalization with another. Seems you weren't misundstood at all. Edit-pwnarwhal's post cleared it up for me. I never assumed mechanicalkeyboards.com & /r/mechanicalkeyboards had any affiliation whatsoever but I suppose it's plausible that someone might.

they can have their unrestricted, angry, self-loathing, neverloving, overindulging, overreaching selves a great time.
Pretty sure you can find examples of these on GH if you look hard enough. Ripster is those things exemplified, but an entire community? Stop yourself.
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 February 2015, 15:20:23 by drewba »

Offline base_on_base

• Resident Hydroxide

The irony is that my comment was meant to defend Geek Hack from the constant barrage of dissenters and disgruntled banned members. And I guess my 'attack' was twisted by those same people into an 'assault' on reddit. Hmmmm back to the OP, I ask, what Team Spirit?

"back to the OP,"

Don't bring me into this, I had NOTHING to do with it!

Offline drewba

"back to the OP,"

You said you weren't going to post in this thread again you big dirty liar  :))
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 February 2015, 15:23:50 by drewba »

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
"back to the OP,"

You said you weren't going to post in this thread again you big dirty liar

lol, when we bicker here the enemy wins, just look how many guests are viewing this, they are getting entertainment out of our distress. Lets all just take a step back and realize this is all over a couple caps. Not worth destroying the reputation of GeekHack, mechanicalkeyboards.com, or r/mk. Just cut down this group buy and have that be the end of it.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore

"back to the OP,"

Swear you only come on here to link stuff to reddit because there isn't any decent content on there.

Offline base_on_base

• Resident Hydroxide
"back to the OP,"

"This will be the last comment I make in this thread regarding my lack of contacting admins"

Offline drewba

"back to the OP,"

lol, when we bicker here the enemy wins, just look how many guests are viewing this, they are getting entertainment out of our distress. Lets all just take a step back and realize this is all over a couple caps. Not worth destroying the reputation of GeekHack, mechanicalkeyboards.com, or r/mk. Just cut down this group buy and have that be the end of it.

Sorry, that was a large dose of sarcasm. I'll add an emoticon.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
"back to the OP,"

Sorry, that was a large dose of sarcasm. I'll add an emoticon.

:-*

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

"back to the OP,"

It was a reference to the 'Team Spirit' title of gb. And OP, I meant original post, not original poster...

How can there be team spirit between two rival factions in such way?

Truth is there should be a sense of community among us all...whether GH, reddit, or any other keyboard aficionado club. I wish it would be team spirit, and maybe even see DT have a key available in this set even...

Offline base_on_base

• Resident Hydroxide

"back to the OP,"

Swear you only come on here to link stuff to reddit because there isn't any decent content on there.

How many times do I have to explain this I had NOTHING to do with Ripster.

Offline base_on_base

• Resident Hydroxide

"back to the OP,"

It was a reference to the 'Team Spirit' title of gb. And OP, I meant original post, not original poster...

Truth is there should be a sense of community among us all...whether GH, reddit, or any other keyboard aficionado club. I wish it would be team spirit, and maybe even see DT have a key available in this set even...

I was going to add a Deskthority key but I didn't think there would be enough of an audience. If the groupbuy is successful there will probably be a second run, which will have DT keys.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
So you followed up one generalization with another. Seems you weren't misundstood at all. Edit-pwnarwhal's post cleared it up for me. I never assumed mechanicalkeyboards.com & /r/mechanicalkeyboards had any affiliation whatsoever but I suppose it's plausible that someone might.

they can have their unrestricted, angry, self-loathing, neverloving, overindulging, overreaching selves a great time.
Pretty sure you can find examples of these on GH if you look hard enough. Ripster is those things exemplified, but an entire community? Stop yourself.
Agreed. I should have thought out my first shovel full and not assert any generalization to begin with. I apologize for my lack of diction and/or tact. I plan to stay within the lines and play fair from now on. Again, I am sorry.

Offline SpikeBolt

• √(4) != -2
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 16:04:33 »

Woah, okay mate. I'd say your unrestricted, angry, self-loathing, neverloving, overindulging, overreaching attitude hurts your "good name" more than /r/mk ever will, but that's none of my business.

Offline drewba

Agreed. I should have thought out my first shovel full and not assert any generalization to begin with. I apologize for my lack of diction and/or tact. I plan to stay within the lines and play fair from now on. Again, I am sorry.
Fair enough

Offline FunkMasterJ

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 16:20:08 »

Alrighty looks like my business will going elsewhere from now on.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Oh please. You guys are killing me.

Offline FunkMasterJ

Please defend it then

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Please defend it then
There is nothing to defend. Personally I think r/Mk is proving the point he was making.

Offline peck2310

No one thinks its moderated by your damn company. And if thats a risk maybe you shouldn't name the company with the actual name of the product being the entire make up of it.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 17:06:44 »
gotta love these sub 30 posts account coming out of the woodwork

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

gotta love these reddit accounts coming out of the woodwork

FTFY

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 17:14:02 »
**** i finished all my popcorn in the fake clack thread...
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline RavenII

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 17:25:08 »
Nevermind, not worth posting.
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 February 2015, 17:26:59 by RavenII »

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore

Nevermind, not worth posting.
What a wonderful point this post made, by posting about not posting.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 18:05:42 »

"back to the OP,"

It appears that r/mk may one day threaten the good name of our established business, Mechanical Keyboards, Inc. May it never be so...do you hear me foul-spirited redditors...

Retraction: I didn't mean to generalize, and for that I am sorry. There are foul-spirited redditors, but they comprise but a small percentage of those who submit reddits on r/MK. One of which is nothing more than a tattler, and I am sure many here knows who he is and why he is banned from GeekHack. I should have never even typed a single syllable. For that, please accept my apology: I am sorry.

I chose to retract my original statement as you will see in the first post. All subsequent posts are pasted here for reference should anyone be interested.

Offline FunkMasterJ

Please defend it then
There is nothing to defend. Personally I think r/Mk is proving the point he was making.

Wow so a vendor puts down a whole community and because someone gets upset about it, it proves the vendor right? And then members of GH go on to mock new accounts. Even if it was taken the wrong way there were enough people who obviously thought it was a tad harsh. I always took the negative things said about GH with a huge grain of salt because it was only coming from a select few. I come here recently excited to join other keyboard enthusiasts and instead get **** on and mocked within the first few days. I sorely disappointed in this community today. Im almost certain now this will be met with some form of "dude get your panties out of a twist" or "whatever go back from where you came"

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 18:14:59 »

Offline FunkMasterJ

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 18:16:03 »
I appreciate it zero. I completely agree there are nasty people over at /MK, but theres a good chuck there who just want to share in a hobby.

Offline FunkMasterJ

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 18:18:52 »
Show Image

Aww youre so sweet for going out of your way to prove my last point. You even went through the trouble of searching for the perfect GIF, youre the best.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Please defend it then

Wow so a vendor puts down a whole community and because someone gets upset about it, it proves the vendor right? And then members of GH go on to mock new accounts. Even if it was taken the wrong way there were enough people who obviously thought it was a tad harsh. I always took the negative things said about GH with a huge grain of salt because it was only coming from a select few. I come here recently excited to join other keyboard enthusiasts and instead get **** on and mocked within the first few days. I sorely disappointed in this community today. Im almost certain now this will be met with some form of "dude get your panties out of a twist" or "whatever go back from where you came"

The vendor, due to an unfortunate lack of words on his behalf, mistakenly put down the whole r/MK community. The aim of the vendor was to defend Geek Hack only from a select few. My mistake was to generalize, quite by accident, and now I am having to pay for my haste. I am sincerely apologizing, as my comments were meant to be directed a select couple of trolls who are now banned from GeekHack. But don't worry, I won't make the same mistake again. I will refrain from entering any frays from now on.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore

Please defend it then

The vendor, due to an unfortunate lack of words on his behalf, mistakenly put down the whole r/MK community. The aim of the vendor was to defend Geek Hack only from a select few. My mistake was to generalize, quite by accident, and now I am having to pay for my haste. I am sincerely apologizing, as my comments were meant to be directed a select couple of trolls who are now banned from GeekHack. But don't worry, I won't make the same mistake again. I will refrain from entering any frays from now on.
You won't lose any business, you're prices are too good, and everyone who said they won't ever buy from you again, still has blackwidows and k70s.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 18:27:05 »
So how is that 'Interest Check' going, guys?

^-^

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 18:28:57 »

^-^

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 18:32:54 »

^-^

I've already used this gif once today, but I think it's still appropriate.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Please defend it then

You won't lose any business, you're prices are too good, and everyone who said they won't ever buy from you again, still has blackwidows and k70s.
I also think they will be OK. They sell stuff to do actual mods not just spray paint.

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent

Please defend it then

I also think they will be OK. They sell stuff to do actual mods not just spray paint.
They sell keycaps. That's an advanced mod, right?

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore

Please defend it then

If you are talking about the red spray painted poker 2, that is actually drhubbles 356cl mini

Offline RavenII

I wouldn't say any...I'm just starting out in this great hobby, and have plans of building a %60 which would have included quite a few parts from them...his comments literally cost mechanicalkeyboards.com my business. As little or much as that may have been. I personally won't be doing business with them...

To be honest, I deleted my previous post because it didn't contribute anything positive...but I will say that as much as Ripster might incite a lot of drama...he does make a good point...if you go to /r/mk and search for mechanicalkeyboards.com ...that subreddit does/did direct a lot of business their way. Zero realizes this now and he goes back because he realizes that his words cost the company/business money?

At the end of the day, I should have done what I wish everyone else would do...ignore bull**** posts from ripster when he posts "HEY GUYS LOOK! GH Hates us!"...and vice versa....if I took my own advice, I wouldn't even be typing this. Take care.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore

I wouldn't say any...I'm just starting out in this great hobby, and have plans of building a %60 which would have included quite a few parts from them...his comments literally cost mechanicalkeyboards.com my business. As little or much as that may have been. I personally won't be doing business with them...

To be honest, I deleted my previous post because it didn't contribute anything positive...but I will say that as much as Ripster might incite a lot of drama...he does make a good point...if you go to /r/mk and search for mechanicalkeyboards.com ...that subreddit does/did direct a lot of business their way. Zero realizes this now and he goes back because he realizes that his words cost the company/business money?

At the end of the day, I should have done what I wish everyone else would do...ignore bull**** posts from ripster when he posts "HEY GUYS LOOK! GH Hates us!"...and vice versa....if I took my own advice, I wouldn't even be typing this. Take care.
You are going to pay out of the ass for cherry switches.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

No...I apologized because the words did not come out right and I suffered a gross foot-in-mouth infraction for it. Mechanical Keyboards, Inc.'s reputation speaks for itself, even on reddit.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator

So you took back your own words because you realized they were wrong... but others aren't allowed this luxury?  Talk about hypocrisy.

Offline RavenII

So you took back your own words because you realized they were wrong... but others aren't allowed this luxury?  Talk about hypocrisy.

No...not wrong. I realized that they weren't constructive. They didn't add anything positive to the conversation. I didn't diss a whole community to fit in with another. That's all.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore

No...not wrong. I realized that they weren't constructive. They didn't add anything positive to the conversation. I didn't diss a whole community to fit in with another. That's all.
He also realized his weren't constructive since they were misworded, you are only digging yourself into a hole.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore

356cl mini
That's not a real keyboard man.
I don't  know the OTD names :-(, what ever the 60% one is

Offline billnye

• ability man

Switches aren't that expensive bruh.

Offline RavenII

He also realized his weren't constructive since they were misworded, you are only digging yourself into a hole.

You're right.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore

I have only seen mk.com with cheap cherry switches, all the local distributors sell them for at least 1$ a switch.

Offline itznfb

« Reply #119 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 21:44:31 »

I have only seen mk.com with cheap cherry switches, all the local distributors sell them for at least 1$ a switch.

wasd is .60/switch. That's .40 less than 1.00.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore

WASD sells key switches?

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore

Just looked, 1.50$ usd, hell no

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #122 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 21:47:13 »
They do, but they're more expensive and don't include shipping in their price.

$53.90 for 110 shipped at MK.com

$66.00 for 110 at WASDkeyboards.com, $71.78 shipped (to me at least)

Offline itznfb

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 21:53:00 »

For 1. Look again.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 21:54:09 »

For 1. Look again.

Look at the numbers I posted.  Still 1.5x more expensive at WASD than MK.com.

Offline itznfb

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 21:58:29 »
Look at the numbers I posted.  Still 1.5x more expensive at WASD than MK.com.

I didn't say it was cheaper. Dude said all local distributors sold them for $1. 2nd result on Google proves otherwise.

Offline dimmu

Please defend it then

as a current owner of a k70, i find this comment offensive!