Author Topic: Will there be a tenkeyless or compact model?  (Read 4191 times)

Offline Burz

• maybe get a blister on yo' little finger...
Will there be a tenkeyless or compact model?
« on: Thu, 23 August 2012, 06:44:07 »
I would be interested in such a keyboard. Sitting very off-center from the monitor and having to reach 10" or more for the mouse gets aggravating and adds unnecessary stress. A smaller keyboard means more freedom and better ergonomics for a lot of us.

Also, having a board like the Truly Ergonomic (split, angled and unstaggered) with your silent switches would be really exciting.

Congratulations on your new switch designs. I really look forward to trying them in some form, as I'm currently using a Dell AT101W with "Black Alps". It must have been tedious and frustrating getting your switches just the way you want.
Matias Mini QuietPro  \\ Dell AT101W - Black ALPS  \\ SIIG MiniTouch x2 White XM - Monterey  \\ Colemak layout.

Offline trax

Re: Will there be a tenkeyless or compact model?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 23 August 2012, 09:48:30 »
Your best bet might be getting a TKL Alps board and mod it with the matias switches
Switches tried so far
Cherry MX Red Blue Black Clear
ALPS White Black (fake)Blue
Montereys
ACER
White Black
Futaba
Buckling Sprin

Offline Burz

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 11:25:18 »
Your best bet might be getting a TKL Alps board and mod it with the matias switches
Looks like I'll have one of Akimbo's MiniTouches soon, so this will be my first keyboard mod. Then I'll just need ~70 Matias switches, which hopefully will fit...

Matias Mini QuietPro  \\ Dell AT101W - Black ALPS  \\ SIIG MiniTouch x2 White XM - Monterey  \\ Colemak layout.

Offline Burz

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 11:41:35 »
A little reminder to Matias...

These keyboards and layouts are becoming quite popular because they are easier on the typist. The Apple one is even 'standard equipment'.

To drive the point home, notice the posture of the fellow typing in the Quiet Pro's first video test:

Lower profile also helps. Cherry has released a redesigned G80-3800 with low profile keys.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 September 2012, 11:55:10 by Burz »