Author Topic: Post Your Nubs! (nubbinator caps)  (Read 390708 times)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
Re: Post Your Nubs! (nubbinator caps)
« Reply #700 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 11:40:25 »
Gotta say I'm pretty damn excited to have these in my collection  :thumb:

Show Image

Those look sick! I really like what nubb has been doing with color recently.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #701 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 20:14:47 »

Show Image

I have fun.  The unfortunate side with playing with colors is that you get a stack of seconds.  The yields have been a bit lower since I've really been trying to get some 80s fantastic vibrant colors.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #702 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 20:18:59 »

Show Image

I have fun.  The unfortunate side with playing with colors is that you get a stack of seconds.  The yields have been a bit lower since I've really been trying to get some 80s fantastic vibrant colors.
I'm glad you're able to have fun, I hate the idea that the community could take the fun out of cap making.

Most of what I listen to is 70s and 80s! I'd 100% buy into some 80s artisans. Like Booper's Bowie MonKey.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #703 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 20:28:45 »
Your cap designs have improved a lot since you started. Very impressed :)
I love Elzy

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #704 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 20:37:47 »

Show Image

I'd happily purchase a 'seconds' Fn for a more-than-fair price to help fund these experiments  ;) Can't wait to see the next Dolly V2s you post.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #705 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 20:38:56 »
I don't own any artisans right now (the sales are too stressful for me), but nubs makes some of my favorites. Binge is up there, too. Both of them just make super creative stuff and awesome color ways.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #706 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 20:41:01 »
I see a pic of a cap where you even have your makers Mark a different color. I'm not going to lie they look time consuming as hell but the colors are SICK I remember you saying the original dollie was a ***** of a cap to make but so FREaKING cute. Really awesome work :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #707 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 21:05:51 »
I see a pic of a cap where you even have your makers Mark a different color. I'm not going to lie they look time consuming as hell but the colors are SICK I remember you saying the original dollie was a ***** of a cap to make but so FREaKING cute. Really awesome work :thumb:

Yup.  I've been trying to get the makers mark a solid color on each of the caps.

Each pair of caps takes anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour, so it really sucks when they come out a second.  I'm looking into some options for my Fns that would provide something more durable, more consistent, and quicker to make, but would only allow single colors...at least at first.  They're pricey though, so it may be some time.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #708 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 21:10:19 »

Yup.  I've been trying to get the makers mark a solid color on each of the caps.

Each pair of caps takes anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour, so it really sucks when they come out a second.  I'm looking into some options for my Fns that would provide something more durable, more consistent, and quicker to make, but would only allow single colors...at least at first.  They're pricey though, so it may be some time.
@ nubbz it looks like the design on the fns binge got were intentional?It's quite different and I'm really liking these  :p
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #709 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 21:20:15 »

Show Image

I can help you with that  ;)

How did the new molds go?
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #710 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 14:08:51 »
More

@
nubbz it looks like the design on the fns binge got were intentional?It's quite different and I'm really liking these  :p

Not sure what you mean by that.  Each Fn is unique and I play with different designs on each one.

More

Show Image

They seem to be working okay.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #711 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 15:08:46 »
More

@
nubbz it looks like the design on the fns binge got were intentional?It's quite different and I'm really liking these  :p

Not sure what you mean by that.  Each Fn is unique and I play with different designs on each one.

More

Show Image

the one in the bottom right of binges pic looks like the outline of someone's head with eyes it's really freaking 😎 cool

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #712 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 16:44:47 »
More

@

More

Show Image

the one in the bottom right of binges pic looks like the outline of someone's head with eyes it's really freaking 😎 cool

I d'nubb this effect 'rorschach'
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #713 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 17:23:04 »
More

@

More

Show Image

haha you funny binge but what do you see when you gaze at it  :p

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #714 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 17:25:46 »
More

@

More

Show Image

haha you funny binge but what do you see when you gaze at it  :p

My mother and father....

* Binge gets onto the shrink's leather couch.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #715 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 17:34:48 »
Your cap designs have improved a lot since you started. Very impressed :)

This

The colors are so fun! very like! :)
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Belfong

« Reply #716 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 10:30:42 »
This gal need a partner!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #717 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 12:21:32 »
This gal need a partner!
Show Image

That's an ALPS Dolly? That is awesome, when I finished the ALPS TMK 60% I've said I need to get me one for that special board.
I love Dolly is just madness, pure crazy madness, and the colors are perfect for it  :thumb:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #718 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 12:30:37 »
This gal need a partner!
Show Image

That's an ALPS Dolly? That is awesome, when I finished the ALPS TMK 60% I've said I need to get me one for that special board.
I love Dolly is just madness, pure crazy madness, and the colors are perfect for it  :thumb:

I have 2 alps Dollies for my upcoming projects but sadly 1 may need to be reaplsified because his stem is one huge bubble that'll probably break when I try to use him.

111711-0

111713-1

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #719 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 12:48:52 »
Just so no one thinks I send out caps with bubbles, the bubble is because it was a second and a freebie.  You can probably fill the stem with epoxy to solidify it. Dolly V2 should have some with Alps stems in the future.  I plan on doing Infiniti friendly sets.

BS will happen once I figure out how to make my 3D modeled BS stem work.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 September 2015, 12:52:30 by nubbinator »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #720 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 12:54:13 »
This gal need a partner!
Show Image

I have 2 alps Dollies for my upcoming projects but sadly 1 may need to be reaplsified because his stem is one huge bubble that'll probably break when I try to use him.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
Wow, these are so cool :) I have to admit that this design is something that I find more interesting and creative than a skull. It has something wicked and crazy :)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #721 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 12:56:21 »
Just so no one thinks I send out caps with bubbles, the bubble is because it was a second and a freebie.  You can probably fill the stem with epoxy to solidify it. Dolly V2 should have some with Alps stems in the future.  I plan on doing Infiniti friendly sets.

BS will happen once I figure out how to make my 3D modeled BS stem work.

Crap I should've said that, sorry.  :blank:

I'll have to try filling the stem.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #722 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 13:01:39 »
Alps artisans are something rare, and it's unfortunate because these are one of the best switches I've typed on. I love black Alps, and maybe one day I'll get lucky and get an Alps Dolly for my board  :cool:

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #723 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 19:24:48 »
This gal need a partner!
Show Image

We can be bros in any way possible! I've a set too!

Different colors
Sisters but not twins

Offline Belfong

« Reply #724 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 19:34:49 »

Alps artisans are something rare, and it's unfortunate because these are one of the best switches I've typed on. I love black Alps, and maybe one day I'll get lucky and get an Alps Dolly for my board  :cool:
I agree. Alps hold a very special place in my heart as my first mechanical was a Alps. It's also a black alps but I think it's some sort of customized one because it's also clicky!

My order of preference BS > Topre > Alps > MX.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #725 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 19:35:13 »

This gal need a partner!
Show Image

Different colors
Sisters but not twins
Photos! Please!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #726 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 00:22:37 »

This gal need a partner!
Show Image

Different colors
Sisters but not twins
Photos! Please!

Alps and BS, both never left my keyboard

Offline Belfong

Post Your Nubs! (nubbinator caps)
« Reply #727 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 04:59:38 »
Nice one jokrik!

Here's my other nubs:
(You know, I'm not sure if it's nubs or nubbs!)

« Last Edit: Wed, 23 September 2015, 05:01:29 by Belfong »

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #728 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 05:23:05 »
God everytime I see these I let out a literal eeeeeek !!! Does anyone have a dolly v1 they want to sell or trade ?! Preferably mx/topre/alps in Hook a sistah up  :))

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #729 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 05:23:13 »
Nice one jokrik!

Here's my other nubs:
Show Image

Show Image

Wah nice color
Cant wait for the new release, always love the color combo
So vibrant

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #730 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 09:06:53 »
Nice one jokrik!

Here's my other nubs:
Show Image

Show Image

Really dig that tealish dolly, are the horns metallic?

Offline Belfong

Post Your Nubs! (nubbinator caps)
« Reply #731 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 09:09:44 »
Don't think so. Looked like glossy red to me.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 September 2015, 10:02:56 by Belfong »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #732 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 12:06:28 »
Don't think so. Looked like glossy red to me.
Ok, either way it's a great shade of red.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #733 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 12:34:56 »

No Dolly.. :'(

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #734 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 15:54:51 »
I got some NUBS!! The new Dolly design is so awesome!

I really like the quad shot.. the base is a translucent grey-purpley color and it gives the cap a really cool effect. It's hard to tell in the photos though!

Thanks a ton Nubbinator!

omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #735 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 16:08:26 »

I really like the quad shot.. the base is a translucent grey-purpley color and it gives the cap a really cool effect. It's hard to tell in the photos though!

Thanks a ton Nubbinator!

Show Image

Show Image

Can't wait for the sale! Hopefully I'll actually have money to buy some.  :)) :(

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #736 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 19:26:12 »

Thanks a ton Nubbinator!

Show Image

Show Image

Congrats Booper!  Those are awesome!  That multi-color Fn is sweet and I actually really like the way the new design looks in single colors. 

Offline Belfong

« Reply #737 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 20:22:38 »
Whoa! That quad shot really brings out the design of Dolly V2!!! This one is beautiful. It has all the whims of V1 and and those details stand out very clearly! We got a winner here, nubs! When is the sale??!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #738 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 21:09:31 »
The new dollies are soooo creepy and CUTE! :D

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #739 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 22:59:42 »
Whoa! That quad shot really brings out the design of Dolly V2!!! This one is beautiful. It has all the whims of V1 and and those details stand out very clearly! We got a winner here, nubs! When is the sale??!

SoonTM

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #740 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 23:04:46 »

SoonTM
MineTM

Offline Belfong

« Reply #741 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 23:05:36 »

SoonTM
dayummmmm! please run it in your late evening .. hehehehehe.....  :p

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #742 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 00:21:20 »
cap is looking good  :thumb:

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #743 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 01:49:54 »
Aweosme little gift Joey Quinn included in my Lightsaver package, never seen a Nubb cap in person and it looks great!

B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline Belfong

« Reply #744 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 09:21:10 »
Aweosme little gift Joey Quinn included in my Lightsaver package, never seen a Nubb cap in person and it looks great!

Show Image

This Dolly has huge nose! She's a cutie! Can you take a photo with better light?

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #745 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 10:09:46 »
Nubbinator surprised me with these last night, so freaking awesome! 
The eyes of the multicolor dolly are a perfect match to Toxic, and there is some of the same color mixed into the Fn key as well.  Love this let with Toxic. The base of these is a transparent raspberry color, I will try to get better pics. 
112071-0

112073-1

The second set is a single color set of Dolly and Fn and really shows off the detail in the designs, really digging these.  The color is a lighter purple than the JT set, not blue like my camera seems to think it is. 

112076-2

112078-3
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 September 2015, 10:14:02 by Badwrench »

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #746 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 10:37:49 »
The eyes of the multicolor dolly are a perfect match to Toxic, and there is some of the same color mixed into the Fn key as well.  Love this let with Toxic. The base of these is a transparent raspberry color, I will try to get better pics. 
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

The second set is a single color set of Dolly and Fn and really shows off the detail in the designs, really digging these.  The color is a lighter purple than the JT set, not blue like my camera seems to think it is. 

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
omfg. Bad these are beautiful. I want to hang out and sort some GBs haha bravo nubz

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #747 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 12:19:38 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

So is that dolly v2? Looks cool! Sad that I missed out on dolly v1 though!

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #748 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 12:27:49 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Nice! Those look great! Congrats Badwrench!!
Way to go Nubbinator!  :thumb:
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #749 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 08:34:43 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Wow, those are amazing.  Part of me misses the whimsical goofy nature of V1, but V2 is super polished and clean.  :eek:  I love it.