Author Topic: LZ CP  (Read 29514 times)

Offline ninjadoc

Re: LZ CP
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 21:55:08 »
Just paid my invoice. Seems like LZ doesn't offer assembly service.  :(

How do you know? I see ninjadoc on the invoice and it shows that he has paid for assembly services!
You may notice the note next to my name. LZ noted that "with out full assembled price". I asked him in the form if he could fully assemble it for me, then I get that note, so I guess he doesn't offer it. Not sure about ninjadoc's order.

When you want assembly options you need to discuss it with LZ via email as he said. I have had boards assembled by him in a past group buy but I don't know if it is routinely offered or not.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 22:06:22 »

How do you know? I see ninjadoc on the invoice and it shows that he has paid for assembly services!
You may notice the note next to my name. LZ noted that "with out full assembled price". I asked him in the form if he could fully assemble it for me, then I get that note, so I guess he doesn't offer it. Not sure about ninjadoc's order.

When you want assembly options you need to discuss it with LZ via email as he said. I have had boards assembled by him in a past group buy but I don't know if it is routinely offered or not.

Holy cow you ordered so many :D

What are your plans for the boards?

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 23:49:53 »

yeah I got it sorted out with him. Thanks!

Offline HTN47

• Mr. SoCal
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 17:54:37 »
Anyone in the GB received any updates recently?
What is love.... Baby don't hurt me... No more!!

Offline Shanghaied

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 20:14:23 »
There was that photo that LZ posted on his site some time in July, but other than that, nothing.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 20:27:49 »
LZ was on vacation. Hopefully he has an update for us soon.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 20:48:53 »
I want one!

Offline HTN47

• Mr. SoCal
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 22:06:06 »
LZ was on vacation. Hopefully he has an update for us soon.

Ohhh I see, that explains the lack of response from him. The last update was about a month ago and it seems like the milling process is almost done, hopefully it'll be ready for shipping by the end of this month  :D

Offline malcomkern

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 03:36:05 »
I see a change on his site on lzlife.tistory.com, the blank milled cases picture is gone and the last post is the order list.  :eek:
Like to hear a status update about the GB if possible.

Offline malcomkern

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 07:38:07 »
An e-mail just arrived telling me the LZ CP is ready to be shipped  :p
I' am stoked  ;D

Offline HTN47

• Mr. SoCal
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 02:58:17 »
An e-mail just arrived telling me the LZ CP is ready to be shipped  :p
I' am stoked  ;D

Ohhh nice! I haven't received any emails yet but it's great that it's ready to be shipped :)

Offline radish

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 21:48:21 »
got my keyboard today

LZ CP

Offline HTN47

• Mr. SoCal
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 23:47:13 »
got my keyboard today
Congrats!!  :)
I just got an email today asking for address confirmation so I think I should be getting mine soon also  :D

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 09:30:17 »
got my keyboard today
Congrats!!  :)
I just got an email today asking for address confirmation so I think I should be getting mine soon also  :D

got my keyboard today

Nice guys! Please post some pics of them if you don't mind.  :D
I am still waiting for mine. I sent him an email a couple days ago but haven't got reply yet. I guess the fully assembled keyboard takes a bit longer.

Offline kaminbobby

• -_^
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 10:20:19 »
If somebody gets unhappy with the keyboard i'd be glad to take it off your hands  :thumb:
-_^

Offline radish

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 19:03:51 »
If anyone's interested,

http://imgur.com/a/ltGLC

« Last Edit: Wed, 26 August 2015, 19:05:34 by radish »

LZ CP

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 19:04:33 »
If anyone wants to let go of a Type B keyboard of any colour combination then send me a PM.  :thumb:
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline radish

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 21:29:59 »
Boo! I just noticed a bare spot where the anodised coat didn't cover. And one of the plates is super bent. But I think I can fix that.  Sloppy work on the anodizing . :(
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 August 2015, 21:32:44 by radish »

LZ CP

Offline Shanghaied

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 22:22:52 »
Just spent about five hours soldering all the SMD components (I could swear half of that time was spent flipping the parts the right way up). Anyway, tried plugging it up with the PC, and noticed that only RGB1 to RGB6 (the RGB LEDs) stayed lit up, while the others only flashed very briefly. Anyone else seeing this? Not sure if it's actually a problem - the connection to the other LEDs are there, since they flashed, but I'm still a bit puzzled. And on that note, is there documentation for this board somewhere?

Offline radish

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 22:36:58 »
Just spent about five hours soldering all the SMD components (I could swear half of that time was spent flipping the parts the right way up). Anyway, tried plugging it up with the PC, and noticed that only RGB1 to RGB6 (the RGB LEDs) stayed lit up, while the others only flashed very briefly. Anyone else seeing this? Not sure if it's actually a problem - the connection to the other LEDs are there, since they flashed, but I'm still a bit puzzled. And on that note, is there documentation for this board somewhere?

No idea, I only did the resistors just now. Still have to do the diodes. I'll let you know how the board reacts.

LZ CP

Offline malcomkern

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 07:46:29 »
Received my package in the mail today, lucky I was at home today  :thumb:

Now the adventure begins, I never build a custom keyboard so I will be watching this thread closely for any build logs. And you can expect some questions for sure  :p

Happy to be in this GB and looking forward to a superb keyboard.

Offline JeremyFXDWG

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 09:10:22 »
I am new to Geekhack an missed the GB. is there any way to get one of these still? This board is the exact layout i had in my mind when I started searching for a custom board and found geek hack.

JP

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 09:38:04 »
I am new to Geekhack an missed the GB. is there any way to get one of these still? This board is the exact layout i had in my mind when I started searching for a custom board and found geek hack.

JP
Only way would to get one would be to buy one from someone in the group buy in the classifieds. However there are only 14 people who participated so the chances might be slim..

Offline JeremyFXDWG

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 10:21:26 »

JP
Only way would to get one would be to buy one from someone in the group buy in the classifieds. However there are only 14 people who participated so the chances might be slim..

Thanks... I was hoping that was not the case but figured it might be. If anyone is going to put theirs in the classifieds, please PM me first.

JP

Offline tristan1035

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 15:16:27 »
This going to sound really noobish, but can someone link the resistors(?) necessary for the Capslock, ScrollLock, NumLock LEDS please?

Offline Shanghaied

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 15:22:11 »
This going to sound really noobish, but can someone link the resistors(?) necessary for the Capslock, ScrollLock, NumLock LEDS please?

They are, I think size, 2012. The values should be different since the LEDs have different colours, but the ones LZ provided are all 821s (820 Ohm).

Offline radish

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 19:07:08 »
This one is for you.

LZ CP

Offline Shanghaied

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 19:12:50 »
This one is for you.

Show Image

:)

Seriously though let me know when you come to RGB LEDs.

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 19:17:22 »
This one is for you.

Show Image

Don't use the flush cutter on those SIPs, just push them out:

Offline radish

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 20:19:53 »
He he my gf did that. But yes that's not what they are for. I use them to trim led wires! :-)

LZ CP

Offline radish

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 20:58:12 »

All the LEDs on the back pulse rainbow vomit.

LZ CP

Offline HTN47

• Mr. SoCal
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 21:04:13 »
Hey guys, how long did it take for you to receive your parts after getting a notification email from LZ?
I just wanna gauge when mine would come because I'm leaving town for a couple days and I kinda want to bring the parts along to have something to busy myself with  :D

Offline radish

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 21:31:04 »
I'd say about a week... If not a bit more.

LZ CP

Offline tristan1035

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 22:54:51 »

They are, I think size, 2012. The values should be different since the LEDs have different colours, but the ones LZ provided are all 821s (820 Ohm).

Thank you, but I can't seem to find resistors of that size, could you please link a shop? Also, would these be good as the diodes? http://ca.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=1N4148TRvirtualkey61370000virtualkey78-1N4148

If someone would just post a build-log with the components and location of said components that would be amazing.

Offline radish

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 23:24:31 »

Thank you, but I can't seem to find resistors of that size, could you please link a shop? Also, would these be good as the diodes? http://ca.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=1N4148TRvirtualkey61370000virtualkey78-1N4148

If someone would just post a build-log with the components and location of said components that would be amazing.

There are no holes for through hole diodes. So if you are putting together the lz cp pcb those wouldn't work. Maybe  you can diy something but I would stick to your standard t4 diodes. I thought every kit came with a set of everything...

SMD Diodes (1N4148W) T4
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 August 2015, 00:20:57 by radish »

LZ CP

Offline tristan1035

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 00:24:13 »
It does, I just didn't look through all the bags.

Offline xauser

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 14:49:38 »
Today I received my LZ CP. Packaging was great and anodizing is perfect. Haven't checked the electronics yet. Thanks LifeZone, this is a premium board!

Offline xauser

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 11:29:15 »
I had a look at the electronics today and soldered switch resistors and diodes. A first test of the matrix revealed that not all keys are working for me. Most keys of the number pad do not signal. A closer look at this showed that Atmega pins PD5, PD6 and PD7 don't work. My soldering work looks ok so I assume its firmware related.

Can somebody confirm this?

Offline radish

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 17:33:07 »
I had a look at the electronics today and soldered switch resistors and diodes. A first test of the matrix revealed that not all keys are working for me. Most keys of the number pad do not signal. A closer look at this showed that Atmega pins PD5, PD6 and PD7 don't work. My soldering work looks ok so I assume its firmware related.

Can somebody confirm this?

i can confirm one thing on my end. i did a electrical test and every key registered. the only keys that i cant confirm work yet is the ketc1. thats beacuse i didnt run through an indepth test. i just shorted everything and the entire board seems to be functioning as intended.

this might be a silly question... but have you checked your diode orientation? or maybe if you thinking the controller isnt making contact try to reflow the connections with fresh solder? i really hope you didnt get a dud controller, that would suck immensely!

all i can say with the info you gave.

edit.

does anyone have the layout chart for the space row? i saw it on the lz page, and now it seems like it was taken down.
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 August 2015, 09:35:56 by radish »

LZ CP

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 14:18:45 »
Did people receive tracking numbers after their stuff shipped? I got an email saying my order was ready but that was it.

Offline radish

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 14:58:48 »
Did people receive tracking numbers after their stuff shipped? I got an email saying my order was ready but that was it.
You should get a email soon saying it's shipped. From past exp Order ready means that all your ordered parts there boxed but not shipped.

LZ CP

Offline malcomkern

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 15:27:31 »
Yes I got an email with the tracking-ID (for my shipment to Europe).
My box was very well packed and went through customs without a big delay.
I am very happy with how this GB went. Kudos to LZLife.  :thumb:

Offline seedvd

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 18:51:33 »
I got mine last week and now its done.

Its built with lubed stock black gateron switches with clear switch tops and mill max sip sockets.

« Last Edit: Thu, 03 September 2015, 23:30:51 by seedvd »

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 19:26:44 »

Its built with lubed stock black gateron switches with clear cover and mill max sip.

Show Image

Looks great. :thumb:

Offline JeremyFXDWG

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 20:28:50 »

Its built with lubed stock black gateron switches with clear cover and mill max sip.

Show Image

So Jealous.....

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 22:35:01 »
If anyone has an all black version that they do not want please contact me. :(

Wish I didn't miss this.

Offline Shanghaied

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 22:37:27 »
Anyone can tell me how this keyboard is programmed? I think I've read somewhere that programming goes through TMK, but now I can't find anything on it.

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 23:28:06 »
Anyone can tell me how this keyboard is programmed? I think I've read somewhere that programming goes through TMK, but now I can't find anything on it.

1. Firmware - released at Sep 7, 2015
http://kbdlab.co.kr/?module=file&act=procFileDownload&file_srl=3068848&sid=592d352085470ef0a62a07e687bdad6f

2. Key Remapper aka JigOn - released at Sep 3, 2015
http://kbdlab.co.kr/?module=file&act=procFileDownload&file_srl=3045303&sid=136e3060551d99db757ea663790e525b

Good luck with them!
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 23:43:25 »

1. Firmware - released at Sep 7, 2015
http://kbdlab.co.kr/?module=file&act=procFileDownload&file_srl=3068848&sid=592d352085470ef0a62a07e687bdad6f

2. Key Remapper aka JigOn - released at Sep 3, 2015
http://kbdlab.co.kr/?module=file&act=procFileDownload&file_srl=3045303&sid=136e3060551d99db757ea663790e525b

Good luck with them!

It is programmed via JigON (http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=2702787&mid=board_sw). It is super easy. Second only to GON's Nerdy GUI.

Offline Shanghaied

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 08:35:28 »
Cheers guys :) will give it try when I get home.