Author Topic: [GB] Fox Lab - Key 65  (Read 563756 times)

Offline chakkii

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Key 65
« Reply #450 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 10:24:24 »
I would also prefer a white PCB

Offline thecheeselouise

« Reply #451 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 11:45:10 »

White or black I think would be good neutral colors. I was just thinking of the PC top case owners with PC plates, the yellow might clash with some key sets. Think you mentioned the foam/rubber filler possibly being clear too which would show off the pcb color as well. Like somebody mentioned, if you are open to it I think a poll would be fair.

OK, that makes sense to me. Now I incline to choose white if not too many disagree. White doesn't clash with any keysets.

My vote is for white.

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #452 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 11:53:46 »
I would also prefer a white PCB

I'd go for white as well, I think it might look better in the polycarb case.

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #453 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 12:10:53 »
white please!!!!!!

Offline ele7087

« Reply #454 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 12:22:39 »
I’m fine with any colour for the pcb, it doesn’t matter to me
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2019, 23:41:59 by ele7087 »

Offline Ljit0

« Reply #455 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 12:26:13 »
I would say don't change it at all. People entered knowing that there would be a yellow pcb so it's probably best to not change it.

Offline PantoneC

« Reply #456 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 14:02:46 »
This is my first group buy and knowing that the pcb is going to be yellow. I even built around it choosing to go with all pc top mid and bottom with a pc plate to show off the pcb with brass weight as accent to complement my build. I can understand some that want a different color pcb but most will never see it in the finished build unlike those who chose pc clear. Please keep it they original yellow.

Offline orim23

« Reply #457 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 14:14:02 »
This is my first group buy and knowing that the pcb is going to be yellow. I even built around it choosing to go with all pc top mid and bottom with a pc plate to show off the pcb with brass weight as accent to complement my build. I can understand some that want a different color pcb but most will never see it in the finished build unlike those who chose pc clear. Please keep it they original yellow.
I have an alu only case. would like it white, but i only see the pcb during building.
so lets keep it at the original color!

Offline k00leggie

« Reply #458 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 18:31:07 »
I joined knowing about the yellow pcb but i would still prefer a white pcb. Feel it fits better for most options than yellow.

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #459 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 22:55:20 »
the yellow is seriously ugly.

Offline Instinct

« Reply #460 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 23:18:41 »
Please make the pcb white!

Offline baye12928

• keyboard fans
« Reply #461 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 01:11:44 »
PCB white please

Offline Benjie

« Reply #462 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 02:24:04 »
+1 for white PCB

Offline bananafritters

« Reply #463 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 02:38:56 »
I vote for white

Offline Ipse

« Reply #464 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 07:05:33 »
Can't say I really cared much for the colour of the PCB, but it would be nicer if it was white I suppose so it doesn't clash with the PC. You should have a poll though.

Offline Kingjunguhn

« Reply #465 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 08:16:26 »
Pcb colour matters even less than plate material, are you even going to see it once the board is built?
url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=107845.0][/url

Offline vsrnth

« Reply #466 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 08:43:57 »
Does the pcb have esd protection?

Offline noodleman

« Reply #467 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 08:46:07 »
Does the pcb have esd protection?

you will if you picked the polycarb option.

Offline Na-Meng

« Reply #468 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 11:09:24 »
Couldn’t the pcb be black like the Leaf60? Yellow pcb with PC not looking forward to it......

Offline Quasimodo

« Reply #469 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 16:57:18 »
Oooh just had an idea for anyone wanting the ISO plate, in the UK or EU. I'd be very happy to organise a mini group buy, so we could get them slightly cheaper. I personally want brass, so I can't order from Lasergist, so I'm looking at UK laser cutting services. I'm going to get one made for myself regardless, but I thought I'd offer everyone the option to maybe get them slightly cheaper if we all pool together :) The website I'm currently looking at is Lasermaster.co.uk. I've sent a quote request in already with the plate file, so I'm waiting to hear how much it'll cost to make just one. If you are interested, they offer various steels, aluminium, copper and brass.

Oooh just had an idea for anyone wanting the ISO plate, in the UK or EU. I'd be very happy to organise a mini group buy, so we could get them slightly cheaper. I personally want brass, so I can't order from Lasergist, so I'm looking at UK laser cutting services. I'm going to get one made for myself regardless, but I thought I'd offer everyone the option to maybe get them slightly cheaper if we all pool together :) The website I'm currently looking at is Lasermaster.co.uk. I've sent a quote request in already with the plate file, so I'm waiting to hear how much it'll cost to make just one. If you are interested, they offer various steels, aluminium, copper and brass.
Do you think plastic(PC) is also a possibility?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah cool I'd like to know how much a copper or steel plate would be

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

I've recieved back an invoice for one, which comes to around £70  :eek: Due to this, I'm not really sure how viable it will be for a little group buy, unless I get quite a few people to join, so I guess lets do a theoretical IC, then I'll get another quote with a value based on multiple purchases.

Offline cornballin

« Reply #470 on: Wed, 16 October 2019, 12:55:29 »
I vote to stay with yellow since that was what people made the GB decisions based on. I purposely picked plate and weight colors for PC that would go with yellow PCB. I could live with white or black though if I had to.

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #471 on: Wed, 16 October 2019, 16:43:41 »

White or black I think would be good neutral colors. I was just thinking of the PC top case owners with PC plates, the yellow might clash with some key sets. Think you mentioned the foam/rubber filler possibly being clear too which would show off the pcb color as well. Like somebody mentioned, if you are open to it I think a poll would be fair.

OK, that makes sense to me. Now I incline to choose white if not too many disagree. White doesn't clash with any keysets.

+1 vote for white! Black would be cool too.

Offline chayu

« Reply #472 on: Wed, 16 October 2019, 16:45:58 »
I liked the yellow as well but since it is changing, I am glad I bailed out of PC and went for alu last minute.

Offline Solotov

« Reply #473 on: Wed, 16 October 2019, 22:14:56 »

Wait.. I selected all parts and colors based on the fact that it was a yellow PCB. If you plan to change PCB's color, at least please make it as an option for others to stay with yellow PCB.
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #474 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 09:35:38 »
I'm fine with either. I chose a brass weight and a white plate. Goes with both colour PCBs very well.

Offline Soraie

« Reply #475 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 18:21:24 »
I'd definitely prefer white for a more neutral PCB that goes well with anything but definitely see others being upset that original pictures showed yellow PCB and basing their case on the yellow PCB.

Overall personally white PCB +1

Offline 112227

« Reply #476 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 18:46:48 »
black pcb > colored PCB > white pcb

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #477 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 09:23:41 »
A White PCB Is Definitely The Way To Go  :cool:

Offline thecheeselouise

« Reply #478 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 23:08:44 »
Hey Senter, will you be confirming shipping address in a couple months when we're invoiced the $40 dollars for shipping costs? I just found out today I will most likely be moving in the next few weeks and the address listed on my paypal at time of purchase will be incorrect.

Offline NoxNoxNox

« Reply #479 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 23:28:50 »
White PCB def better for PC people than yellow.  I didn't get a PC board so it doesn't' bother me either way.

Offline olsen34

« Reply #480 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 23:36:46 »
Hey Senter, will you be confirming shipping address in a couple months when we're invoiced the $40 dollars for shipping costs? I just found out today I will most likely be moving in the next few weeks and the address listed on my paypal at time of purchase will be incorrect.

Same, please confirm address when invoicing us. I may already move out too by the time the shipping starts.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #481 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 23:38:10 »
general practice is to ship to the address on the shipping invoice but confirmation is always good

i.e. deal with it when the time comes, but good to get ahead of it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #482 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 08:07:05 »

general practice is to ship to the address on the shipping invoice but confirmation is always good

i.e. deal with it when the time comes, but good to get ahead of it

Same, please confirm address when invoicing us. I may already move out too by the time the shipping starts.

Sure. I will confirm the latest shipping addresses before shipping starts.

I'll probably learn how to do that with some scripts :)

Offline evorus5

« Reply #483 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 21:49:06 »
Will there be a possibility to purchase extra weights if there are any? i.e extras, b stock etc.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #484 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 08:24:41 »
White PCB is boring! +1 for yellow PCB all the way.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline ConfuseBill

« Reply #485 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 09:14:07 »
Hate to say this. But i ordered Yellow Top with PC Bottom. So Yellow PCB is +1 for me. If i ordered other color, i might choose White PCB. Cheers

Offline victorpre

« Reply #486 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 12:36:56 »
My 2 cents about this whole PCB thing: I don't care much about the color but people knew it was yellow from the IC, so what else is left to discuss?

« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2019, 12:39:00 by victorpre »

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #487 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 13:01:05 »
My 2 cents about this whole PCB thing: I don't care much about the color but people knew it was yellow from the IC, so what else is left to discuss?

It was never discussed in the IC. As of yet, I've never actually formally announced the PCB color.
No one cared about the PCB color until someone mentioned it after GB was closed.
I didn't know some people care about the PCB color so much.
Did the same thing happen to other GBs with PC cases before? I'm really confused.

Offline victorpre

« Reply #488 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 13:13:33 »

It was never discussed in the IC. As of yet, I've never actually formally announced the PCB color.
No one cared about the PCB color until someone mentioned it after GB was closed.
Did the same thing happen to other GBs with PC cases before? I'm really confused.
My bad! It was already here in this thread:

Can we get a photo of the PCB too, please?

And yes, let's go!!

Show Image

will have the hotswap version on Sunday.

I assumed this was already a final color, sorry

Offline DaneOne

« Reply #489 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 13:16:13 »
Think a white pcb would look better, buuut since I won't be seeing it much I really don't care much about the color of the pcb, It's only really sad that the hotswaps per key LED isn't rgb. That would really be the only thing I myself would want to see changed. Just for the sake of the people who bought their stuff with a yellow pcb in mind, I would probably vote in favor of keeping it yellow

Offline vincevelorn

• Great googly moogly!
« Reply #490 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 13:26:47 »
Yellow would look nice in my choice, but I'm cool with any color really. You wont see it that much through the plate and top.

VE.A Acrylic Clone, Zealios v2 67g, GMK DMG | KBD75v2, Kailh Pro Purple, Tai hao Blue/Gray | YMD96, Hako Royal Clears, JTK Orange on White

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #491 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 13:53:43 »
I voted for white previously,  but to clarify, I'd be fine with the original yellow, since it will not be visible in my build and will directly impact the plans of those with the PC case.

Offline ele7087

« Reply #492 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 23:40:16 »
Yea, I don’t really care about the pcb colour since my case is not polycarbonate.

Offline ConfuseBill

« Reply #493 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 03:09:58 »

Senter, stay true and follow your heart. Your Original Keyboard design what makes it you.

Offline deathjester

« Reply #494 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 16:50:04 »
I vote to stay with yellow since that was what people made the GB decisions based on. I purposely picked plate and weight colors for PC that would go with yellow PCB. I could live with white or black though if I had to.

Where did you ask?
I got a quote back @ 85 euros + VAT & Shipping.

That was for 1.5mm aluminium.

Offline Quasimodo

« Reply #495 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 14:43:04 »

Where did you ask?

I know you didn't quote my message, but from context I'm assuming you might've meant to. I got my quote from lasermaster.co.uk. It was £70 including VAT and Shipping, for 1.5mm brass, so I assume aluminium would be slightly cheaper, maybe £60-65? I think thats around €75 or so, but I'm not quite sure. I'd definitely suggest checking them out if you're interested.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #496 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 10:45:12 »
An aluminium plate for a TKL with relief cuts (so lots to cut) costs 80€ + shipping at laserboost. I bet a 65% plate without a lot of relief cuts would be a lot cheaper. Before I added the relief cuts the same TKL plate was 63€. Ships from Barcelona as far as I am aware.

Offline deathjester

« Reply #497 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 17:22:04 »

Where did you ask?

I know you didn't quote my message, but from context I'm assuming you might've meant to. I got my quote from lasermaster.co.uk. It was £70 including VAT and Shipping, for 1.5mm brass, so I assume aluminium would be slightly cheaper, maybe £60-65? I think thats around €75 or so, but I'm not quite sure. I'd definitely suggest checking them out if you're interested.

Apparently I didn't notice at all... Ooops.

Ok thanks, I'll give them a try! Certainly should be cheaper than importing it from Germany.

Offline aydio

« Reply #498 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 10:34:59 »
Hi, due to changes in my financial situation, I wanted to ask if it's possible to cancel my order (I've already paid)?

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #499 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 13:04:52 »
Hi, due to changes in my financial situation, I wanted to ask if it's possible to cancel my order (I've already paid)?

PM senter directly - that's your best bet.  GL with your financial situation!