Author Topic: Looking for a new mouse!  (Read 20257 times)

Offline Boozebreath

Looking for a new mouse!
« on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 05:19:06 »
I want to buy a gaming mouse, I've done a little research but not sure what I should get.  I mainly have a fingertip grip that I hybridize between claw and palm sometimes and I have large hands.  Currently use a Logitech MX Performance and find it pretty comfortable.  I tried a SteelSeries Rival and found it kind of too short in terms of height, not sure if I should stick with it and try to adapt or try and find something bigger.  I've done some research during the past week and the only other options that seem fitting for me are the Mionix Naos 7000 and the Roccat XTD Optical (which should be available eventually in my area).  I want a more gaming orientated mouse, I like the shape and size of my current mouse and I would like something similar in size, preferably with an optical sensor.  Looking for something with a few extra buttons but not a lot of extra ones that I won't end up using.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 August 2014, 06:49:43 by Boozebreath »

Offline Sagii

• Time to bust some nails
Re: Looking for a new mouse!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 05:26:01 »
If you haven't already, check this out :)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 05:44:36 »
Consider the Zowie FK1. :)
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 06:13:51 »

It's almost here (in Australia) so may be worth buying to see how much better, this Zowie model is over the famous WMO  :thumb: .

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 11:32:09 »

wouldn't recommend that, it's very small compared to the MX Performance.

I think Naos 7000 is your best bet, honestly! but it doesn't have a lot of extra buttons unfortunately.
Logitech G502 is another option that is also quite tall and not too dissimilar. and has a few more buttons.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 20:06:02 »

wouldn't recommend that, it's very small compared to the MX Performance.

Don't forget the OP to this request here in this section might have medium to large hands.  Hence going for an up to date WMO, might be his thing.  I've seen large guys use the FK on some occasions.

I no longer push people into larger sized mice simply because everyone out there has different uses and requirements.  Small mice are just as popular as the larger ones, the best way of finding out if it suits you is to go in store and have a feel of the rodent to see if it suits your taste.  Also consider your movements upon your mouse pad is it fast, intense or relaxed and leisurely.

Currently using a decent MX1100 mouse and it's near perfect for what I use it for BUT it's never for anything involved with Gaming.

For myself I don't have that luxury of ever going in store anywhere to try a mouse simply because of living in an isolated rat-hole, known as Perth.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 August 2014, 20:13:25 by Elrick »

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 21:52:41 »
he did say he has done some research and found what fits his hands and he is comfortable with, though. so I think he knows what he wants in terms of shape :)

but I don't disagree with you in what you say, in general!

Offline Boozebreath

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 24 August 2014, 01:55:06 »
Zowie FK1 seems near the same in shape as the steelseries rival I returned.  Logitech didn't have much I was interested in overall.  I would have went for the G502 if it didn't have the two extra buttons on the top left and the G602 felt good but again way more buttons then I wanted.  Looks like Naos 7000 or a Kone XTD Optical are going to be the closest in size if I stick with optical sensor.  Anyone know much about Anker mice?  Shape is similar enough to what I use now, unfortunately they only have laser  sensors, but the price is right.

Offline Den441

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 06:36:06 »
I've decided on the G502 as well, I went to Best Buy to see how it feels in the hand and I was surprised to find I liked it more than my old, double-clicking G500. I like the placement of the extra buttons as well. Only heard good thing about the sensor on it.
Custom Wrist Rests, Artisan Keycaps, and more - http://battlestation.io

Sales Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74835.0

Offline dmbr

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 17:10:39 »
The g502 kind of sucks. Heavy as a brick, terrible mouse wheel, faulty mouse feet, and poor quality control (took me 3 RMA's to get a "non-dud") ...but an immaculate sensor, so if you like heavy mice and don't care about the mw, go for it--or message me to buy a mint one cheap ;)

Read some reviews on the 7000...lots of rather discouraging complaints out there...

I went with the Roccat Kone Pure Military Edition. Absolutely love everything about it, and the 3310 sensor they implemented is great; my aim has noticeably improved since switching from the Zowie EC2 Evo, and the tracking just feels "cleaner." No problems or knit picks to report, really, and I can't say that for the other next gen mice out there (I bought and returned pretty much every option...rather serious gamer here!). It's a small mouse and I have big hands (I'm 6'4" tall), but I quite like the grip...if you're looking for something bigger the XTD optical might indeed be a good choice too, given Roccat's bang-up job on the new Kone.

« Last Edit: Sun, 31 August 2014, 17:19:12 by dmbr »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 17:14:44 »
Roccat Kone Pure, Only way to go mate.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 01:47:10 »
The Rival is actually quite a tall mouse.
The Naos is kind of low actually.

Offline alec

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 03:39:50 »
I strongly support Roccat Kone line mice. Never looked back after going with Roccat.
Currently Roccat Kone Pure
Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 03:52:08 »
Pure military for the 3310

Offline vimx

• ENHANCE
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 20:26:36 »
I'd get that Roccat, but why does it have to have that Thundercats light up logo on it!?

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 21:14:55 »
roc-cat I think! but it's uh, disable-able. so I have mine disabled. it's REALLY bright!

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 21:46:46 »
THUNDERCATS

Offline vimx

• ENHANCE
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 08:07:58 »
Feel the magic
Hear the roar
Thundercats are loose

Enjoy your ear worm. 

Offline scorpionred_sky

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 10:40:49 »
RAZER COPPERHEAD

Offline Den441

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 02:18:01 »
I just got a G502. The paint is all messed up near the logo. Works fine, but for an 80 dollar mouse, it had better come out of the box perfect. I will be returning this one. I think it is better than my G500 was though, only the back/forward buttons leave a bit to be desired.
Custom Wrist Rests, Artisan Keycaps, and more - http://battlestation.io

Sales Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74835.0

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 03:48:38 »
I just got a G502.

I actually think (I do that from time to time) the G500 is a better quality mouse compared to the current G502.  Main reason, the older casing design is solid and the omrons worked nicely.

Plus I am one of the few that likes using the older G500 even though it's 9500 sensor is now so ancient that most youngsters here would laugh at me for still using it.

The G502 feels like a child's toy with too much emphasis placed upon looks rather than ergonomic, right-handed design.  The G500 is still king amongst all the Logitech rodents that have ever been released  :thumb: .

Offline HotKillerZzz

• Ammesia
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 04:12:02 »
Corsair m65
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-m65-fps-laser-gaming-mouse-white-artic-white
I like to use a big mouse. Personal preferences.

Offline gooseta

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 14:41:57 »
Steelseries sensei or any logitech mouse
WASD v1 with browns
Ducky Shine 3 TKL with blues and orange backlight
KBT Pure with greens
Leopold FC660M with blues
Spirit 87% with clears

Offline HebrewHammer

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 18:55:58 »
Although Roccat mice do not have the greatest sensors, the shapes are great and the software is also really cool.

Great for when its 3 in the morning and all of a sudden "Achievement Unlocked!" at max volume comes in.

The shape of the Roccat Kone is nice if you like ergonomic, the XTD is also available for those with bigger hands. I've had the pure and have also used my friends XTD.
I would not recommend the FK for those who at all use a palm grip and have larger hands. Although the FK is one of my favorites since I have smaller hands, the EC is probably better suited.
Friends Don't Let Friends Get Friends Haircuts...

Offline combataran

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 22:06:15 »
Sorry to threadjack, but I have a similar question. With a twist.

Recommend me a mouse a light, preferably braided cable that isn't heavy and doesn't drag my mouse over the edge.

Something with this kinda cable.

Not my pic.
Cherry G80-1000HFD | CM Storm Spawn | Keypuller.com - Key Caps News & Database

Offline HebrewHammer

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 00:26:47 »

Recommend me a mouse a light, preferably braided cable that isn't heavy and doesn't drag my mouse over the edge.

Show Image

Not my pic.

The Roccat Kone Pure (optical or laser is your choice) is pretty light, around 100g and has a braided cable. If you like ergonomic shapes you may like the Kone.

I've also heard good things about the Savu as well although I have only felt the shape and never tried it. The texture of the material of the grip felt a little bit weird, but I liked it.

Otherwise FK is a tiny bit lighter and ambidextrous, but has less dpi settings and isn't braided.

Offline combataran

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 01:41:10 »

Show Image

Not my pic.

The Roccat Kone Pure (optical or laser is your choice) is pretty light, around 100g and has a braided cable. If you like ergonomic shapes you may like the Kone.

I've also heard good things about the Savu as well although I have only felt the shape and never tried it. The texture of the material of the grip felt a little bit weird, but I liked it.

Otherwise FK is a tiny bit lighter and ambidextrous, but has less dpi settings and isn't braided.

The FK looks good, but how light is the cable? I wouldn't mind to much if it weren't braided, but it has to be flexible and light, unlike my Spawn's, where each kink on the cable snags onto my table edge, dragging it down. It's goddamn annoying.
Cherry G80-1000HFD | CM Storm Spawn | Keypuller.com - Key Caps News & Database

Offline HebrewHammer

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 02:02:55 »

Show Image

Not my pic.

The FK looks good, but how light is the cable? I wouldn't mind to much if it weren't braided, but it has to be flexible and light, unlike my Spawn's, where each kink on the cable snags onto my table edge, dragging it down. It's goddamn annoying.

I would go nuts if my cable did that. The cable is really light with a bit of give. I use a qck+ and have never really had problems, but I have one of the holes in the back of my desk I feed all my cables through. Have you ever tried a mouse bungee? They're pretty cheap on ebay. If it's the edge of the desk that's troublesome, I might give one of those a go.

Offline Boozebreath

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 17:26:31 »
Probably going to end up waiting for the Roccat Kone XTD.  The pure military looks too small for my hands and I am so used to the size of my MX performance so I rather stick with the bigger mice.  If I wasn't so set on an optical sensor I would probably just get the regular XTD now. 

Thanks everyone for their input, still open to more since it will be a while before I can get that XTD optical.

Offline Boozebreath

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 03:37:59 »
Looks like waiting for the XTD Optical is not an option anymore since my MX Performance mouse left clicker is going to hell.  The problem kept coming and going for over a month and now its finally decided to stay for good.  Going to call Logitech and see if they will replace it but in the meantime I will be without a properly working mouse which you can imagine is hard to play games with.  I've been wanting to get a different mouse anyways nice to have extra or backup.

I don't really want to wait for a mouse to be shipped to me so hopefully I can choose one that I can pick up from one of my local Best Buy stores. They actually listed the Roccat Kone Pure Military on their website but doesn't say when it is actually going to be available.  Really would like to see if it is way too small or within tolerance size wise but doesn't look like I will have the chance till later.

Doesn't look like I got too many options, I could try another SteelSeries Rival and hopefully not get a defective one like I did last time.  Was the last one at the store and never bothered to try get another from one of the other stores especially since my MX Performance decided to start working again.

I could give in and get a Razer Deathadder, but I have terrible luck and usually end up with a defective product and considering Razer's track record on top of that it might not be a good idea.  Plus their software sounds terrible, having to log onto an account change my mouse settings sounds ridiculous!

Roccat XTD laser mouse is another option, but not sure if I want to pay that much for a laser sensor.

So that leaves the Logitech G502 and G402 as really only other option for in store option.  I could probably tolerate extra buttons and maybe end up using a couple.  I don't know much about the G402 so if anyone can enlighten me on it that would be great.  If for some reason Logitech won't honor the 3 year warranty for my MX Performance then these would definitely no longer be an option but I don't think that will be a problem I hear they have pretty good customer service.

I could also just go without a mouse for a while but still rather get them from Best Buy at the moment since they will be easier to return if I get a defective one.  There isn't really many more to choose from online, most of the bigger brand ones are in store but there is a couple.

Mionix Naos 7000, I was originally looking at but then I started hearing about poor quality control so I was discouraged.  I also hear it is short, which would suck cause I want something similar to the height of the MX Performance which is just a bit too tall but still comfortable.

Then the last mouse that comes to mind is the Corsair M65, it's a laser mouse but I seen it mentioned a few times.  Looks like the right size for my hand and if my memory serves correct I did hold one 2-3 months ago at the store before they sold out and they removed their display for it.  No idea if their software or build quality is any good.

So if I could get some more input on peoples experience with any these it would be appreciated.  Don't think I missed any really, still pretty limiting in choice since I am only going through Best Buy for this mouse.  Hoping I can pick a cheaper reliable option cause I still plan on getting that XTD Optical but I am not holding my breath for that one at this rate I don't think I will see it till next year.  So I might as well try and pick one that I will stick with long term.

Offline notsonerd

• Here for the secrets
  • Light My Fire
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 03:46:57 »
Regarding the M65, if you don't need the FPS button embedded in the side, then I'd just go with the M45. It's the exact same mouse, just without the FPS button. I can vouch for the quality and easy-to-use software. I also prefer laser over optical.
KBParadise V60 with Cherry MX Browns | Corsair K60 with Cherry MX Reds

Offline Boozebreath

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 04:39:57 »
Oh wow!  Thanks for making me aware of the M45's existence.  I may not be able to get it from my store of choice but the price is almost half of what I might end up paying.  Even if it's not a perfect fit should be good enough to get by with,  definitely considering getting one.

Offline notsonerd

• Here for the secrets
  • Light My Fire
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 05:52:50 »
Oh wow!  Thanks for making me aware of the M45's existence.  I may not be able to get it from my store of choice but the price is almost half of what I might end up paying.  Even if it's not a perfect fit should be good enough to get by with,  definitely considering getting one.

Sorry, there are a few differences between the M45 and the M65, but they shouldn't affect performance between the two. The M45 has a high-grade plastic chassis whereas the M65 has an aluminum one. The M65 might look a little prettier, but that's it. Only other difference besides the FPS button and DPI settings. If you need something with more than just 5000 DPI (I wouldn't know why), then you should probably look elsewhere. Also, the M45 is optical, which is supposedly better for FPS.

Offline Boozebreath

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 17:36:46 »
Leaning toward ordering one of these mice be nice to here more about them from other people before I go order one. 

The one I am most likely going to get is the Corsair M45, its optical, not a ton of buttons, and best part is it is the cheapest option.  Thanks again notsonerd for mentioning it cause it might save my wallet.

The second one would be the Mionix Naos 7000, I curious if its too short like some have said, and if their quality control is really that bad.  It looks big enough, but don't know how accurately the measurements are listed.

I decided against the SteelSeries Rival but I am interested in the Sensei, but I don't know enough about it.  Might not be a good idea since I like right handed shaped mice and this one is a ambidextrous shape.

Really would love to give the Roccat Kone Pure Military a try but for $70 I should just wait till it is in stores so I can hold one first. 

The XTD went up beyond the point I was willing to pay for it from where I was going to get it.  Haven't heard enough about how their laser sensor is compared to their optical and perhaps I am just better off getting one when the optical one comes out since I do not play with crazy high dpi.

Sorry for any repeat, having OCD problems till I finally choose one and I really am terrible at deciding and waiting on top of that.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 18:14:55 »
I think geekhack is basically summed up by that last line so no need to feel bad.

skip the Sensei and XTD laser, you don't want Laser tbh :p accel problems are not really helping anyone.

M45 is a great choice, I think you should go for it if the shape is alright with you!

Offline exit

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 30 September 2014, 22:08:42 »
If you're getting the m45 you might as well get the kone pure optical/military since they are both small. The only real con of the g502 is the weight, 3 year warranty from logi is pretty good.

Offline Boozebreath

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 04:38:34 »
Was about to purchase the Corsair M45 but then I hesitated and decided to wait.  Worried that the shape might not be comfortable for me, considering how the sides are plate-like and how the back end looks.  The price is right at $40.   :-\

Roccat Kone Pure Military is $30 more but I hear so many good things about the brand.  It's shape is normal so I should be less likely to be disappointed even if it ends up being a bit too small.  I could also go the cheap route and pick up the Pure Optical which is also $40 like the M45 is selling for.  Anyone know if the 3310 sensor is really so much better that it is worth dropping an extra $30 just for it?

I want to get the best bang for my buck, cause if I don't need to spend the extra $30 that badly I could use it toward my first mechanical keyboard I plan on getting later.  I don't want to be cheap if it is going to leave me unhappy with my purchase though.

So close to deciding yet so far!
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 October 2014, 04:46:28 by Boozebreath »

Offline notsonerd

• Here for the secrets
  • Light My Fire
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 06:05:09 »
If you have relatively small hands and use a palm grip (like me), then the M45 might still be a good fit.

Offline Boozebreath

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 06:36:53 »
I got large hands, somewhere around/between large/XL glove size for example.  So I need at least a regular or medium sized mouse.  My usual mouse grip is probably considered or is close to fingertip, sometimes a hybrid of it and one of the other two,  otherwise the occasional palm grip. 

Ruling out the Pure Optical, I wants a 3310 sensor!  So either I spend more on the Pure military and get a safer shape or I spend less and get a wider mouse (which will probably be nice) but weird back end that gets narrower. 

Not many appealing options for my hand size, a lot of mice are too short or narrow.  Of course this is coming from someone who has been using the MX Performance, which is big, perhaps a just little too big.  Made the Rival I tried feel flat in comparison though, still liked the sensor though.  Everything else will probably feel lighter too.

I am pretty sure XTD Optical would be a perfect fit but it is not really an option yet in my area.  Which is why deciding on one of these other mice is hard for me, either way need something for now and I might as well get something enjoyable to use.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 October 2014, 22:16:22 by Boozebreath »

Offline Boozebreath

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 22:58:57 »
I got the Roccat Kone Pure Military, it's a too small as I expected but otherwise it is a great mouse.  Going to give it some more time, might need to use a different mouse pad cause of the wrist rest on my current one. 

I definitely think I need a mouse with a 1.7 or 1.8 inch height.  Unfortunately the only mouse I can think of that fits my criteria for size that does not have too many buttons would be the Razer Deathadder.  Hoping after spending more time with the KPM I will beable to adjust to it's size.

Offline n3ro

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 17:48:57 »
Im also looking to get the Kone Pure Military. It was on sale awhile go for $50 which included the mousepad.

Tried the older Pure Optical but I returned it because the scroll wheel had an annoying noise if i barely tapped it, otherwise the the scrolling wheel was great.

Offline jukaduke1184

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:30:25 »
G9X might be a potential winner. Good for claw grip and has a decent max DPI

Offline KingWhoDat

Looking for a new mouse!
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 02:07:23 »
Get one with a 3360 sensor. It's the sex.

G9X might be a potential winner. Good for claw grip and has a decent max DPI

Yeah good luck with that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 October 2016, 02:10:04 by KingWhoDat »

Offline DanB

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 14:21:49 »
I do not know if this has been said, but maybe the Logitech g502
Kingsaver, Koala

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 22 October 2016, 12:01:40 »
either the logitech g502 or g600.
hi.

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 23 October 2016, 00:35:53 »
If you wan the flawless PMW3310, go for the Mionix Naos 7000. It's on MD for $45 right now if you don't mind waiting.

It fits your hand nicely and feels ergonomic as well.
AKA: /u/io2red on /r/mk
, Ducky YotM, Anne Pro, & Plum84 RGB (35g) | Waiting on: KBD75, & Keycaps.
Wanted:
More
Unknown :).

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 11:15:05 »
anything from logitech or zowie  :D

Offline Jhors2

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 13:27:15 »
The FK1+ is a bigger version of the FK1 if that is the size that you are looking for.  Otherwise I echo the FK1, I've been using mine for years and love it.
Duck Blackbird | Duck LSv3 | Duck Unicorn X Legend |  TX-75 | Mira SE | LZ-CP | LZ Iron | LZ Ergo | Duck Jet Fire | OTD 360 Corsa Apple Silver | TGR-910 CE

Incoming: Zeal Zephyr | Duck TC-V3 | Singa R2 | LZ GH v2 | Noxary 280 S | Noxary 220 S

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 05:22:09 »
I want to buy a gaming mouse, I've done a little research but not sure what I should get.  I mainly have a fingertip grip that I hybridize between claw and palm sometimes and I have large hands.  Currently use a Logitech MX Performance and find it pretty comfortable.  I tried a SteelSeries Rival and found it kind of too short in terms of height, not sure if I should stick with it and try to adapt or try and find something bigger.  I've done some research during the past week and the only other options that seem fitting for me are the Mionix Naos 7000 and the Roccat XTD Optical (which should be available eventually in my area).  I want a more gaming orientated mouse, I like the shape and size of my current mouse and I would like something similar in size, preferably with an optical sensor.  Looking for something with a few extra buttons but not a lot of extra ones that I won't end up using.

Towards what does the balance tip? More claw or more palm? I've used the Avior 7000 for many years. It's not palm, it's intellimouse, so I can see the appeal of the Naos 7000 with the 3310.

I just bought the G403 and hesitated between that and the G900. Wireless or not, pure in terms of shape: I like the shape of the G403. I can comfortably rest my palm on it. But I can also claw grip it when I want. In FPS, I'm always tense, so I revert to claw grip or sometimes even fingertip. When I'm more relaxed such as browsing, I use palm grip.

I put the sensor first and then try to find a comfortable shell around it. Now that the 3366 is out and it's also (near) flawless, I prioritized the 3366 first and that left me with the G502, G403, G Pro, and the G900.

I also have large hands, I also play the piano. The G900 fits my hand even better, but I wasn't ready yet to pay the hefty price. But the G900 is the perfect shape for my hands.

Finally, somethings that many people overlook or not are aware of: where do you place your pinky? The reason I prefer the G900 (and avior 7000) shape for claw / fingertip over the G403, is that my pinky is more relaxed. The angle of my pinky is less "bent" let's say than on the G403.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g