Author Topic: ****your big rig specs******  (Read 74003 times)

Offline InSanCen

****your big rig specs******
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 09 December 2009, 19:57:51 »
Quote from: microsoft windows;140546
Do I seriously annoy you that much?

Yes, and then some. If you are going to post on a Forum that is populated by people that, in the main, post informative or well reasoned information, then try to do so. So far, you have abjectly failed to do this.

Quote from: ricercar;140705
Overclocking a device is not guaranteed to decrease the lifespan unless thermal control fails to be improved in tandem.

When I worked for NVIDIA, our testers said an increase of 10°C in continuous operating temperature would halve the remaining lifespan of a device. An increase of 20°C in continuous operating temperature would make the lifespan a quarter of the 'normal' lifespan, etc. Since most Intel CPUs have an operating range of 30-70 or even 30-90°C, you can see what difficulty you'd have in determining "normal" life span of a device.

Granting of warranty returns, at least at retail level, are not really affected by the competent overclocker. It's very hard to detect damage from overclocking (thermal failure) instead of other kinds of gate failure or buffer failure--well, that is unless you're dumb enough to leave the chip pads modded or scorched when you return it. One pretty much has to cap the chip and look inside to determine the cause of failure (which no retailer is able to do).

I'm quoting the whole block, because it is perfectly correct. Read this, try to understand it, and you may see why I take such objection to your ill-informed posts.

Overclockers with even a single braincell will have cooling that will blow your mind (and the rest of the kit will make your wallet cry for mummy). Anything from Air cooling with insane CFM (My preferred route) to Phasechange cooling at well under -100c. We know heat kills chips, and trust me, we go to great lengths to avoid it.

After a buying spree to find a great cooler for that aforementioned XP1700, I gave away nearly 20 top-end air coolers, having bought and tested in many configurations every single one of them. The difference from worst to best purchase was in the order of 10c under a very very heavy load. only the best will do when you are going for record. Kind of like the inhabitents of this forum, and our tastes in keyboards.

Quote from: microsoft windows;140718
Neither have I. But I have never overclocked a microprocessor either.

Try it. With your kit, it'll either make a huge difference, or I'll see the fireball from here in the UK. Personally, I think that watching the latter would be more fun.

@Ricercar

I'll agree with your sentiments on KVM's. One Keyboard and Rodent per box. I actually tried giving away a fully functioning USB KVM here, but it seems most share your feelings as well.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 December 2009, 20:00:12 by InSanCen »
Currently Using :- IBM M13 1996, Black :
Currently Own :- 1391406 1989 & 1990 : AT Model F 1985 : Boscom 122 (Black) : G80-3000 : G80-1800 (x2) : Wang 724 : G81-8000LPBGB (Card Reader, MY) : Unitek : AT102W : TVS Gold :
Project\'s :- Wang 724 Pink-->White Clicky : USB Model M : IBM LPFK :
Pointing stuff :- Logitech MX-518 : I-One Lynx R-15 Trackball : M13 Nipple : Microsoft Basic Optical\'s
:

Offline HaaTa

• Master Kiibohd Hunter
  • Kiibohds!
    • http://kiibohd.com
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 09 December 2009, 20:02:52 »
My first Q6600 died after about a year. I overclocked it too (though I'm pretty sure that's not what killed it). Sent it back to Intel, got a new one.

Currently I'm too cheap for a case, so it probably stays relatively cool (touching the heatsink is no problem, the 4870 on the other hand...).
Kiibohd

ALWAYS looking for cool and interesting switches
I take requests for making keyboard converters (i.e. *old keyboard* to USB).

Offline zwmalone

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 09 December 2009, 20:03:09 »
My P4 goes to 3.8GHz easy while still remaining under 40C...  I <3 Zalman coolers
all copper coolers are where it's at!
Can't get enough of them ALPS

Offline mattgmann

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 09 December 2009, 22:13:34 »
Hello,

Found your wonderful forum while searching for info on new keyboards.  Looks like my kind of place.

My current "big rig"
i7 920 @4.5ghz
2x 4870s
6gb of some crappy ocz ddr3 that won't overclock
cpu and video cards are water cooled on separate loops.

My current project however is a new HTPC built into this old radio cabinet.

gear going in it includes a q6600 on a biostar p45 board, 4TB total storage, a hauppauge 2250 tuner and hopefully a low end ati 5xxx card will be out by time the project is done (because they can output all of the audio formats I want natively)

I'm completely replacing the internal face of the radio so I can restore it in the future.  But for the meantime, there'll be a custom brass faceplate covering an antec veris lcd display and blu-ray drive.  Lofty goals, but I've ordered most of the remaining parts and hope to dig into it after christmas.

Anyway, thanks for having a cool forum; I appreciate all of the great info I've already picked up.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 09 December 2009, 23:31:49 »
You can tell he's new to the forum, because he posts on topic.
:roll:

Welcome. nice rig. Reminds me of the Victrola case I used to house my stereo as an undergrad ... way back in the dark ages when a phonograph was part of nearly every audio rig.
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline mattgmann

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 11 December 2009, 01:03:29 »
Thanks for the kind welcome.  Sorry for the elaborate intro.  I didn't mean to brag about the "big rig", I just happened upon an exceptional cpu with my last purchase.  My real "passion"  is in creative "modding".  (and quotation marks)

If it's of interest, I'll post the build of the vintage radio build as it goes.  I actually had second thoughts about the build, as I found out that the grebe radio I have is quite rare.  Though it turns out that "rare" and "valuable" are mutually exclusive terms.  So, to the dismay of the radio collecting community, this one will be recycled.  I am doing it in a way, however, that it can be restored in the future if it ever does become valuable.

As for input devices, I'm pretty much a virgin to quality wares.  I've been a project of logitech for too long, and it wasn't until I recently used a decent keyboard that I realized that anything better even existed.

So, I'm done typing for now.  The beers are kicking in, and I think I'll watch a re episodes of Always Sunny and pass out.

later

Offline williamjoseph

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 11 December 2009, 05:06:39 »
ontopicness is indeed nice.  i currently have my 3.2ghz amd phenom II oc'd to 3.5.  its not extravagent but that is about as comfortable as i feel for now. i have had it as far as 3.9 before it blue screens or freezes.  i can also agree with the monicer that bigger is better for cooling.  my cooler is this: Linky, it is crazy heavy, my tower is laying on its side so there is not lateral force on my board.  mated it to two of these: Linky. but i am also glad to see thay my thread is still kick'n.  BTW, my unicomp "on the ball" is still great.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 11 December 2009, 06:20:45 »
You have a copper TRU-120 and you're only bringing the thing up to 3.5GHz? I have a much cheaper Zalman cooler and it can handle 3.6GHz pretty well in a compact case.

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #108 on: Sat, 26 December 2009, 22:46:26 »
Quote from: iMav;131147
My current laptop "big rig" is a 13.3" MacBook Pro.  With 500GB hdd and 8GB of ram, it fulfills my portable VM needs. (I actually considered an i7 laptop, but decided I actually needed SOME real-world battery life)
I actually upgraded my MBP.  Boot drive is now a 640GB hdd and I pulled the Superdrive and replaced it with a 500GB hdd.  Love the ton of storage and I have a small, portable dvd burner powered by USB that I use when on the go (and need to read or burn a disc).

I span my desktop to a 23" Samsung LCD with 2048x1152 res.  FYI, this does NOT require dual-link DVI.

Offline datamonger128

• Forever alone.
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 31 December 2009, 13:02:03 »
My desktop isn't really a big rig so to speak, just a CTO HP Pavilion that I changed a couple of things on.  More complete specs are in my signature, but I swapped the GeForce 9300 GE for an 8500 GT, took out the modem that was in there, and installed a Buffalo wireless card.  I may be upgrading to a better processor some time soon as well as upgrading my RAM and changing video cards again.  I was looking at one of the high-end Radeon HD cards.
Coffee is supposed to be bitter.  It symbolizes the bitterness of life.

Offline bigpook

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 31 December 2009, 15:33:11 »
those cases are pretty nice ripster. do the wheels come off?
HHKB Pro 2 : Unicomp Spacesaver : IBM Model M : DasIII    

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 31 December 2009, 15:54:16 »
Quote from: bigpook;146864
those cases are pretty nice ripster. do the wheels come off?

The wheels already have come off on my PC.  Oh wait...

I really need to upgrade.  I will be getting a fairly new laptop from my mom, but it's getting setup as a permanent media streamer.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 31 December 2009, 15:59:02 »
Here's my nice Micron Clientpro CN. It is a very good, expandable computer with 6 PCI slots and a very good case. All the cards are screwed in securely and it runs nice and cool with its 1.4Ghz Pentium 3.

The Pentium 3's are rugged and reliable. I've never had one fail. Ever.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 December 2009, 16:01:19 by microsoft windows »
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 31 December 2009, 16:00:00 »
The wheels have definitely come off that PC.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 31 December 2009, 16:15:13 »
What wheels? There were never any wheels, even for scrolling! But if you look carefully, maybe you'll spot the pull-starter in the back...
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 31 December 2009, 16:25:40 »
Quote from: microsoft windows;146873
What wheels? There were never any wheels, even for scrolling! But if you look carefully, maybe you'll spot the pull-starter in the back...

http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/wheels+fall+off.html

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #116 on: Thu, 31 December 2009, 16:47:48 »
OK, I know my jokes are terrible.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 31 December 2009, 18:00:59 »
Quote from: microsoft windows;146869
The Pentium 3's are rugged and reliable. I've never had one fail. Ever.

Word. I've forgotten to replace the heat sink on a few CPUs before power up. The AMDs all explode like a gunshot, but the PIIIs just blink and keep on working slowly.

Offline bigpook

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 31 December 2009, 18:05:17 »
no kidding? I never tried that, even for fun. Does the CPU heat up that fast?

Offline bigpook

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 31 December 2009, 18:06:16 »
Quote from: ripster;146865
Yep.  They also lock.

thats a nice touch. They look to be pretty roomy on the inside too. That's a plus.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 31 December 2009, 18:44:26 »
Quote from: ricercar;146898
Word. I've forgotten to replace the heat sink on a few CPUs before power up. The AMDs all explode like a gunshot, but the PIIIs just blink and keep on working slowly.

I saw that video of the Athlon (XP I think) catching fire, but once I was cleaning up a machine in college with a 1GHz Athlon (One of the original Athlons, not the XP ones) when I noticed that the portion of the fan with the blades had become detached from the motor, and consequently didn't spin. When we examined it, we had figured that it must have been like that for quite some time. Temps were quite high when we started it, but it still ran along. Unless it came loose when it was moved (and I wasn't exactly throwing it around), the CPU was running 24/7 without a fan for possibly years.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 31 December 2009, 18:53:09 »
There's a HUGE difference between a CPU with fanless aluminum and a chip with no aluminum. No Athlon will run even momentarily without a heat sink, but a PIII can do it without permanent damage.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 31 December 2009, 19:24:43 »
Update: Soon I will have a "new" best computer.  I am buying a Dell Dimension 8400 from someone for $50, 3Ghz P4, 80Gb hard disk, 512MB RAM, 128MB graphics.  I am going to upgrade it to 2-2.5g RAM and I will possibly run a dual boot Mac OS X 10.5 and Windows 7 if I can figure out how to dual boot them together.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 31 December 2009, 19:34:53 »
Quote from: ricercar;146923
There's a HUGE difference between a CPU with fanless aluminum and a chip with no aluminum. No Athlon will run even momentarily without a heat sink, but a PIII can do it without permanent damage.

Aye. I once ran a Celeron without a heatsink for a few seconds by mistake. This was followed by the even bigger mistake of touching the chip 10 seconds later... Took about two weeks for those blisters to go away...

Offline NOMiS

• http://teamvga.com
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 31 December 2009, 20:42:38 »
System Specs
CPU maker: intel
CPU: E8600 @ 4GHz *Lapped*
Motherboard: EVGA NF680I SLI
Bios: P33
GPU maker: nvidia
Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 SC SLI
Memory: Corsair XMS2 Dominator 2X1GB
Hard Drive: Spinpoint F1 1TB
Optical Drive: LG DVD writer
Power Supply: Antec Truepower Quattro 850W
Display: BenQ V2400W 24"
Case: CM Stacker 832
Headphones: Astro A40
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate
Cooling
CPU: Swiftech Apogee GTZ
Graphics Card (GPU): D-Tek FuZion GFX 2
Case: 4x Noctua NF-S12
Other: Feser 360 rad 3x NF-P12

Some pics :)

« Last Edit: Thu, 31 December 2009, 20:48:34 by NOMiS »
Steelseries Xai
Poker X KBC (Red)

Offline HaaTa

• Master Kiibohd Hunter
  • Kiibohds!
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 01 January 2010, 04:21:13 »
Quote from: HaaTa;139595
My best (when its all together, some of the HDDs are in Canada atm):
2.4 GHz Q6600 (OCd to 3.2 GHz)
8 GB DDR2 at 1100 MHz
Gigabyte EP35-DS3P
512 MB AMD Radeon 4870
3 x 500 GB RAID 5 (Seagate) (Backup set #1, I have a pair of 1.5 TBs for #2)
3 x 74 GB RAID 0 (WD Raptor 10 000 RPM) - Need to get me some SSDs sometime (for Linux/compiling)
A 2x 5.25 bay 3 x Removable HDD trays
1 x 500 GB (WD) - Windows 7 Crap/Games drive
Cooler Master Cosmos
Some Cheap DVD writer with lightscribe that I've never used
Some Cheap card reader (only use it for SD cards, for my Eee PCs)
Samsung 24" (can't remember the model number) (1920x1200)
BenQ 22" 1920x1080
Logitech G7 mouse
Unicomp Spacesaver
600W power supply OCZ (it actually handles the RAID load fairly well)
Belkin 800VA (or was it 900VA) UPS (I got pissed off when the power failures kept reseting my uptime)

I wish I had something comparable at work, it would make my job so much easier. Stupid 1GB of ram.

In its current form in Japan. Carried it with me in my luggage (I seriously thought they were going to stop me at customs for having 5 hard drives).

Normally I'd have 3 of the hard drives in a rack, but the power supply is too cheap to handle 3 raptors in RAID 0 on two rails.

And yes, the motherboard is sitting on instant curry boxes.
Kiibohd

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #126 on: Fri, 01 January 2010, 08:23:09 »
Quote from: ripster;146910
I posted the pics to show how roomy they are.  For a while there the combo of big PSUs and graphics cards were messing up a lot of people's builds.  As long as it fits under the desk the length isn't a problem.

The case for my micron is quite roomy as well. There's plenty of space in there.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 01 January 2010, 13:46:05 »
Update2:  I got that Dell Dimension 8400 today, and was pleasantly suprised by it. Specs:

4g RAM, too much, had to take one gig out.
150G hard disk, gonna partition it and dual boot Windows 7/Mac OS X 10.5
ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO 256mb graphics
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #128 on: Fri, 01 January 2010, 14:49:23 »
Out of curiosity, how many sticks of RAM were there to begin with? 4?

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 11 January 2010, 19:18:53 »
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but yes, there was 4 1G sticks of Kingston DM8400 in there, and it kept on causing a bluescreen in Windows XP when I got it.  I removed one stick and it stopped the blue screen.  So I just wiped the drive and installed Win7 on it, and put Mac OS X 10.5.6 on a 20g IDE drive.  I will have to look into it and see if this computer can handle a 64 bit OS.  I heard somewhere that it might...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 11 January 2010, 19:24:27 »
Interesting. I've encountered a few motherboards that won't work with only three sticks - it has to be 1, 2 or 4.

And 32-bit OSes shouldn't crash if you give them more than 3GB of RAM, they should just tell you that they only have 3.2GB or thereabouts. Try 4GB with Windows 7. If it can't hack it, it may be a motherboard issue.

Incidentally, if memory serves me correct, the 8400 came out long before Intel started making 64-bit Pentium 4s. You could try and find one, but I could almost guarantee you that you get a much better CPU and probably a matching motherboard for the same price.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 January 2010, 19:29:27 by ch_123 »

Offline williamjoseph

« Reply #131 on: Tue, 12 January 2010, 15:34:33 »
those are some great pics of water cooling.  i wasnt gutsy enough to try that, my luck would be to have a leek and all would be lost.  

i also love the Frankenstein pc.  i once built a comter with all the componets zip-tied to plywood due to the guy wanting something unusual.  he hung it on his wall in his bedroom.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 13 January 2010, 17:44:06 »
I use the trusty old fan cooling that has worked for my computer for 10 years now (Yes, it's my computer's birthday!). It's noisy and has sounded like it's on the verge of giving up the ghost for a few years, but it works.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 27 January 2010, 19:08:02 »
I have a new "big rig" laptop.  its an old Dell Latitude D600.  Runs great.  Even better than my old HP dv6000.  The specs aren't as good, but it runs alot better.

I got it from MS Windows, traded an old Dell PIII tower for it.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 28 January 2010, 00:13:10 »
I used a Dell Lattitude 610 for 2 years professionally. While I despise Michael Dell's politics and personality, I had nothing bad to say about the 610. That was the second most stable machine I've ever used.

Offline HaaTa

• Master Kiibohd Hunter
  • Kiibohds!
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 28 January 2010, 01:24:02 »
Quote from: ricercar;154331
That was the second most stable machine I've ever used.

Now, I'm curious, what was the most stable machine.

(I end up crashing everything I touch, if I'm left long enough with it. So I just remember the really unstable ones).
Kiibohd

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #136 on: Thu, 28 January 2010, 03:30:19 »
Quote from: HaaTa;146992
Normally I'd have 3 of the hard drives in a rack, but the power supply is too cheap to handle 3 raptors in RAID 0 on two rails.

What sort do you have? It looks like a Corsair, which are usually quite good.

Offline kriminal

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 28 January 2010, 06:43:49 »
System Specs
CPU maker: intel
CPU: Q9550 stock
Motherboard: EVGA 780I SLI
Bios: P06
GPU maker: nvidia
Graphics Card: EVGA GTX285
Graphics Card: 8800 gt {for physics}
Memory: Crucial ballistix 8 gb timings 4.4.4.12
Hard Drive: WD caviar black F1 1TB
Hard Drive: seagate 1.5TB
Optical Drive: LG DVD writer
Power Supply: ABS Tagan BZ 800watt
Display: Hanns G 22"  1600 * 1080
Case: lightly modded Antec 900
Headphones: Generic head phones "cant remember brand"
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Cooling: Zalman cnps 9700nt
Geekhacked Filco FKBN87M/EB modified with Brown, black and blue cherries, doubleshot keycaps
Deck KBA-BL82 with Black cherries
Cherry G84-4100LCMDK-0 Cherry ML switches
Cherry G80-8200hpdus-2 Brown cherries
IBM Lexmark 51G8572 Model M Keyboard
Geekhacked Siig Minitouch KB1948
IBM Model M Mini 1397681

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #138 on: Thu, 28 January 2010, 07:00:34 »
Quote from: ricercar;154331
I used a Dell Lattitude 610 for 2 years professionally. While I despise Michael Dell's politics and personality, I had nothing bad to say about the 610. That was the second most stable machine I've ever used.

I have a D620, and while the specs are pretty weaksauce, I haven't had a single problem with it.

Offline HaaTa

• Master Kiibohd Hunter
  • Kiibohds!
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 28 January 2010, 08:17:05 »
Quote from: ch_123;154339
What sort do you have? It looks like a Corsair, which are usually quite good.

Yeah, its definitely not a Corsair. The company is called Keian (Japanese). Its a 550W power supply.

It can handle the drives, its just that there isn't enough power on two rails to handle raptors.

I got a miss-write a few months ago because of a power surge, lost everything. I guess that's why the recommendation for raids is to have each drive on it's own rail :P.
Kiibohd

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 29 January 2010, 13:25:43 »
You should look into getting a surge protector. Seriously. Power surges can do serious damage to appliances.

Offline bigpook

« Reply #141 on: Fri, 29 January 2010, 13:28:55 »
and a UPS. You are asking to get hosed if you plug your computer straight into the outlet.

Offline HaaTa

• Master Kiibohd Hunter
  • Kiibohds!
« Reply #142 on: Fri, 29 January 2010, 15:14:18 »
Yeah, I have a UPS in Canada (3 of them...). Actually, I've noticed very few if any power surges while in Japan. I didn't even get a power outage during the typhoon that passed through in July (it was bad enough that I got the day off work).
Kiibohd

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 09 February 2010, 04:05:06 »
Finally I can post in this thread... or understand it for that matter =P

I just built my first computer, and it was very enjoyable!!! Thanks to everyone who in part helped convince me to do so =)

I was going to make my own case but I soon realized that I am doing this becasue I desperately need a new computer NOW!!! So my creative side bit the dust on this one, haaha, maybe next time?

-Cooler Master "Storm Scout" case
-Intel core i7 860 2.8ghz (with Zalman CNPS 9900a led cpu fan)
-and lets geek it up with some Arctic Silver 5 baby!!!!
-Windows 7, 64bit home edition
-EVGA P55 LE mobo
-EVGA 9800GT 1gb vid card
-G. SKILL 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1600 memory
-Wester Digital Caviar Black 500GB hd
-a bunch of older external hard drives 300GB, 500GB, 1TB...
-LiteOn 24x cd/dvd player (made a combo cheaper)
-Corsair VX450W psu

Monitors-
Cintiq 21UX (1600x1200, 4:3, IPS)
Dell U2410 (1920x1200, 16:10, IPS)
Keyboards-
Umm.... lets just not go there ok?  =P

I love newegg now, I had never even heard of them before building this computer!

I hope to meet and exceed my old workflow very soon. I am rediculously excited about it! Yet I am typing this on a borrowed laptop at the moment! HAAHAAA XD go figure!

Those red case fans and the copper Zalman with blue led is uber neato!
The temps are good too! My board is reading cpu temps of 24/25c at idle and 27-30 when working. I have seen it hit 34c a couple of times, but seems rare. I am usually pegged at 28c.

I should show some pics of it, I think we have a thread for that too =)
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 February 2010, 04:07:16 by clickclack »
862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 09 February 2010, 07:31:56 »
Looks good. :clap2:
I believe most people post pics here, I know I did. :rolleyes:
Otherwise, there is this thread
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 February 2010, 07:36:04 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 09 February 2010, 19:05:36 »
Quote from: clickclack;157204
Cintiq 21UX (1600x1200, 4:3, IPS)

Droolworthy.

Offline datamonger128

• Forever alone.
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 15 February 2010, 23:49:46 »
Ok now.  I've sold my old HP CTO system and have a self-built system instead.

-Random Antec case
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0GHz
-Stock AMD heatsink/fan applied with Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound
-Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
-Gigabyte GA-M55SLI-S4 (rev 1.0)
-MSI nVidia GeForce 8500 GT 256MB
-2GB generic HP OEM DDR2-800 Dual Channel RAM
-250GB Western Digital 7200RPM HDD (SATA)
-20GB Seagate 7200RPM HDD (IDE)
-8GB Western Digital HDD (unknown RPM) (IDE)
-Pioneer DVD-RW
-Iomega ZIP100 (IDE)
-Coolmax 600W PSU

Audio
-2.1 Cambridge SoundWorks
-Built-in TV speakers
-Sennheiser HD-201

Monitors
-Vizio VA26LHDTV10T 26" TV (VGA resolution 1360 x 768)
-Ölens SVGA LCD Projector (scaled resolution 1024 x 768) (currently disconnected while I find somewhere to put my subwoofer so the projector can go atop my desk)
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 February 2010, 16:50:00 by datamonger128 »

Offline zwmalone

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 19 February 2010, 19:09:02 »
Woot, finally got a system I can call my own again.  After the death of my desktop, Gemini, to old age, I've finally replaced her.

Toshiba Sattelite L455D-S5976
AMD Sempron Sl-42
2GB DDR2 800
250gb 7200RPM HD
ATI Radeon HD 3100 256mb
15.6" 1366x768 LCD
Windows 7 Home Premium

good enough to play WoW, good enough for me.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 February 2010, 20:21:09 by zwmalone »
Can't get enough of them ALPS

Offline Manyak

« Reply #148 on: Fri, 19 February 2010, 21:56:09 »
- Core i7 920
- EVGA E760 Classified
- 12GB DDR3-2000
- 8800GTS 640MB (upgrading this soon, just waiting for Fermi to either be awesome or to drop ATI's prices)
- Asus Xonar D2X
- Broadcomm 5708 Network Card
- LSI 9260-8i RAID card
- 5x Intel G2 SSDs
- 320GB Scorpio Black
- DVD-RW
- BluRay
- 512MB DOM (plugs straight into the IDE port, contains the bootloader and a few tools)
- Corsair 1000HX PSU

I just took it out of a Corsair Obsidian 800D because it can't fit my cooling system no matter how much I try. I'm putting it all into a MountainMods Extended Acension soon.
Currently Owned:
Filco FKBN104MC/EB - Model M 1390131 \'86 - Model M 1391401 NIB - Unicomp Endurapro NIB - iRocks KR-6230 - Compaq MX-11800 - Cherry G80-8113HRBUS-2 - Cherry ML-4100 - Cherry MY-8000-something - Dell AT101W (Black) - ABS M1 - Siig Minitouch - Chicony KB-5181 w/ SMK Montereys - Chicony KB-5181 w/ SMK Montereys NIB - Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 - Deck Legend

Offline datamonger128

• Forever alone.
« Reply #149 on: Sat, 20 February 2010, 12:08:27 »
Quote from: zwmalone;159520

Toshiba Sattelite L455D-S5976

Well if we are going to be putting notebook specs on here, then I might as well do the same.

-Gateway NV5378u
-AMD Athlon II X2 M300 2.0GHz
-Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
-ATi Radeon HD 4200 (256MB Dedicated)
-4GB DDR2-800
-500GB Western Digital HDD (5400RPM)
-DVD-RW DL
-15.6" Glossy LED Backlit Display

-PowerBook G4 15" (Aluminum)
-PowerPC G4 1.33GHz
-Mac OS X "Tiger" (10.4.11)
-ATi Radeon 9700 (64MB)
-1GB DDR-333
-250GB Western Digital HDD (5400RPM) (ATA-100)
-DVD/CD-RW Combo
-15.2" Matte LCD with Ambient Light Sensor
-Backlit Keyboard with Ambient Light Sensor