Author Topic: DEEP SPACE : .........  (Read 111538 times)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] DEEP SPACE : Shipping!
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 18:48:27 »
Nice shots Booper!

Currently sad that mine isn't here yet :(
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #301 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 19:41:09 »
Nice shots Booper!

Thanks! Hopefully you'll get it soon :)

also..

JD40 love!

And a comparison of the set vs. the original rendering

omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #302 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 19:49:27 »
What's up with those deep dish F and J legends? They are larger than the rest of the alphas.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #303 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 19:55:22 »
What's up with those deep dish F and J legends? They are larger than the rest of the alphas.

I think its their own style of highlighting the F and J keys like other keysets do, for ex: the GMK Dolch set add-on pack.

Good thing they gave us two 'F' and 'J' keys because I wasn't feeling the large ones

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #304 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 20:03:07 »

Yeaaa... I'm not sure what's up with that. All my renderings show the keys being consistent sizes and I never indicated to SP I wanted home keys larger. It doesn't really bother me though and I've gotten no complaints yet so I don't know if it's worth bringing up to SP?

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
Re: [GB] DEEP SPACE : Shipping has started!
« Reply #305 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 20:11:15 »
I got a package from Booper in the mail today :D They arrived just in time to use them when deep space comes in later this week.

Show Image

That faded MonKey is an awesome color.

Also great job Booper the set looks great!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #306 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 21:28:00 »
Nice shots Booper!

also..

JD40 love!
Show Image

:thumb:
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Funktion

« Reply #307 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 21:30:47 »
So... I got mine today but the core kit is missing, Is anyone else missing anything from their order? did I make a huge mistake and not buy a core kit?

I originally ordered:

1. Deep Space - Modifiers – Orion $40
2. Deep Space – 100% Kit – Orion $20
3. Deep Space – Planetary Pack – Polaris $21

4. Deep Space – WASD (ordered after original order, 2nd order) $6

I have everything but the core kit. my total cost was about $90 but my invoice says $55.00.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #308 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 21:37:51 »
So... I got mine today but the core kit is missing, Is anyone else missing anything from their order? did I make a huge mistake and not buy a core kit?

I originally ordered:

1. Deep Space - Modifiers � Orion $40
2. Deep Space � 100% Kit � Orion $20
3. Deep Space � Planetary Pack � Polaris $21

4. Deep Space � WASD (ordered after original order, 2nd order) $6

I have everything but the core kit. my total cost was about $90 but my invoice says $55.00.

That price makes sense, since the original invoice was before quantity based cost reductions. The alphas were the own kit, which it doesnt seem like you ordered.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Funktion

« Reply #309 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 22:25:58 »
well **** me

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #310 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 23:20:02 »
well **** me

Don't worry too much yet! There are supposed to be extras on the PMK Keyshop at some point and maybe you can snag what you need. I'll try to post here as soon as I know when they go on the shop. Sorry about the confusion!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #311 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 09:50:49 »
Nice shots Booper!

also..

JD40 love!
Show Image

And a comparison of the set vs. the original rendering
Show Image

stunning shots

im praying a set shows up in the classifieds soon so i can make my jd40 look that good
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Freebird

• SSRCG
« Reply #312 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 16:37:44 »
Can't wait to get mine, these look awesome. I ordered enough blanks to do another board at the same time too  ;D

Offline daftendire

« Reply #313 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 18:48:59 »
Excellent product! Putting these caps on gave me enough motivation to finish writing an essay.

Thank you for saving my GPA, Booper.

Offline mecano

« Reply #314 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 19:38:43 »
Hope there will be plenty of polaris at pmk  ;D

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #315 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 20:04:03 »
Excellent product! Putting these caps on gave me enough motivation to finish writing an essay.

Haha, I do what I can  :)

-

Thanks so much everybody for all the positivity and great feedback so far! It may seem like just another keyset to some folks, but this thing has been my baby for like 6 months. I'm so glad it's turned out so well! :D And it's been such a cool community experience - I'd probably still be a lurker if the initial interest check would have gone poorly!!!

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #316 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 20:06:07 »

Haha, I do what I can  :)

-

Thanks so much everybody for all the positivity and great feedback so far! It may seem like just another keyset to some folks, but this thing has been my baby for like 6 months. I'm so glad it's turned out so well! :D And it's been such a cool community experience - I'd probably still be a lurker if the initial interest check would have gone poorly!!!

Don't underestimate the interest in purple keycap sets :P You did a good job.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline enddot

« Reply #317 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 08:17:38 »

Yeaaa... I'm not sure what's up with that. All my renderings show the keys being consistent sizes and I never indicated to SP I wanted home keys larger. It doesn't really bother me though and I've gotten no complaints yet so I don't know if it's worth bringing up to SP?

I think it's because it came with the extra set of f and j's that people aren't complaining.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #318 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 11:29:48 »
Looks like the sets that didn't tip but were made anyway (polaris mods, ergodox, orion planetary and a few others) are now up at the keyshop.

The rest of the sets aren't up yet as SP wants to wait a week or two for people to receive their stuff from the original buy so they can be sure everyone got what they ordered.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #319 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 11:39:01 »
I picked up the adapter, polaris mods, and orion planetary kits  :)).  I'll probably grab another set of alphas when those go up too :thumb:

Offline enddot

« Reply #320 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 11:58:01 »
If you have a planck, I'd suggest the planetary pack. It does not come with a 2u key cap though.

Offline whizzard

• whizzard got ur gizzard
    • LOOTKEYS BLOG
« Reply #321 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 20:57:09 »
Just put this set on my keyboard, I am very happy with how this came out, many thanks to booper and everyone else who made this possible!

Offline Usarise

« Reply #322 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 11:03:18 »
Loving the caps!  They look great on the 'dox!   I managed to pick up some Polaris modifiers the other day so I'm excited for those too!  (I only wish I could type faster on the ergo...I went from ~60 WPM to ~15 and I still can't find a good place to put my "~" key!)  They look and feel great though!

Offline goflo

« Reply #323 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 11:15:49 »
Does anyone know if there will be alpha sets available?
If not....if someone wants to get rid of a alpha set....I'm in  :thumb:
- Ergodox Classic/Browns/Grifiti Rests  | - IBM Model M Blue Label |  - Poker II MX Blue | - Ergodox Classic/Blues/Grifiti Rests

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #324 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 13:01:05 »
Loving the caps!  They look great on the 'dox!   I managed to pick up some Polaris modifiers the other day so I'm excited for those too!  (I only wish I could type faster on the ergo...I went from ~60 WPM to ~15 and I still can't find a good place to put my "~" key!)  They look and feel great though!

Show Image

Looks good Usarise! Is the ergodox new too? How are you liking it?

Does anyone know if there will be alpha sets available?
If not....if someone wants to get rid of a alpha set....I'm in  :thumb:

They should be available as well in a week or two on the keyshop

Offline Usarise

« Reply #325 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 16:23:31 »

Show Image

Looks good Usarise! Is the ergodox new too? How are you liking it?

Thanks~~ and yeah it is!  ^~^  It's a really interesting experience to use as well...  I had mostly wanted it for the unigueness factor but also for gaming purposes as a fully programmable board.

Glad I got blanks for the modifiers though as they've been changing all day and for each layer :p

Offline goose272

« Reply #326 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 17:04:59 »
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a Core set + Orion + Polaris planetary. I realize that they should be up on the keyshop in a week or two, but I don't trust myself to catch it in time so I'm coming to y'all. I'd really like to get this set on my Poker II.
SELL ME A DEEP SPACE SET!!!!

Offline WolfTickets

« Reply #327 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 19:13:55 »
Nevermind.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 March 2015, 19:27:45 by WolfTickets »

Offline techmattr

« Reply #328 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 22:31:02 »
Really liking this set so I figured I'd share. Again, great job Booper!

Offline Funktion

« Reply #329 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 22:33:07 »
Beautiful board!  ;)

Offline goose272

« Reply #330 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 22:55:09 »
Beautiful board!  ;)

Agreed! I really want to get my hands on this set!!!  :D

Offline SlotH42

• one slow step for sloth
« Reply #331 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 23:09:52 »
Got my set in and the keys are great. A little darker than I would have thought. My room is also poorly lit so it is hard to see the contrast of the legends. I might be putting my green tea set back on soon. great job on the group buy though Booper!
Some pics of course:

MP-GBL4 (red) Poker II (clears) Realforce R2TL 55g

Offline mecano

« Reply #332 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 05:35:57 »
Got my set in and the keys are great. A little darker than I would have thought. My room is also poorly lit so it is hard to see the contrast of the legends. I might be putting my green tea set back on soon. great job on the group buy though Booper!

Contrast, that what I thought too looking at shipped kits pictures (thanks guys for these) but your second picture looks more like I imagined it at first. I found SP DSA grey are somehow difficult to shot because of both the texture and material that looks like it has tiny flakes in it, usually this doesn't do justice to what the cap is IRL.
What do you think closer to first picture or second one for real?
Nice composition on your last picture! I have almost the same idea of matching colors in working environment (with more blue of course  ;D).

Waiting for alphas to hit the keyshop, I have restrained myself from getting mod sets I would need, because gb people may need it and I want a full working set, so mods without alphas… going to see what's happening there.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #333 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 09:17:51 »

Contrast, that what I thought too looking at shipped kits pictures (thanks guys for these) but your second picture looks more like I imagined it at first. I found SP DSA grey are somehow difficult to shot because of both the texture and material that looks like it has tiny flakes in it, usually this doesn't do justice to what the cap is IRL.
Nice composition on your last picture! I have almost the same idea of matching colors in working environment (with more blue of course  ;D).

Waiting for alphas to hit the keyshop, I have restrained myself from getting mod sets I would need, because gb people may need it and I want a full working set, so mods without alphas… going to see what's happening there.

The set is not high contrast so in dark rooms it can be difficult to make out the legends without a second glance at times. My computer screen lights my board up enough at night that I can see the legends, but I touch type anyway so I don't really need them.

The colors came out pretty much exactly how I wanted them though as I was going for bold colors without having the keyboard be too vibrant overall. I wanted the legends to be there without being in-your-face, but I think some folks anticipated more contrast.   

But anyway, to answer your question - If you want a set with high contrast, this might not be the set for you :( The way it looks in both pictures is accurate depending on your lighting situation!

Offline goose272

« Reply #334 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 12:40:56 »

The set is not high contrast so in dark rooms it can be difficult to make out the legends without a second glance at times. My computer screen lights my board up enough at night that I can see the legends, but I touch type anyway so I don't really need them.

The colors came out pretty much exactly how I wanted them though as I was going for bold colors without having the keyboard be too vibrant overall. I wanted the legends to be there without being in-your-face, but I think some folks anticipated more contrast.   

But anyway, to answer your question - If you want a set with high contrast, this might not be the set for you :( The way it looks in both pictures is accurate depending on your lighting situation!

I think you definitely nailed this group buy, Booper. This is the first keyset that I've actually thought "I have to have this".  ;D ;D ;D

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #335 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 13:16:00 »
I honestly LOVE the colors and am anticipating getting my set.

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #336 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 21:10:05 »
I love this kit so much, it looks great on my ergodox.  There's a few keys I need to make mine complete, if anyone has them extra I'll throw you a couple $ and shipping to take them off your hands, I need:
All 1u size, in any of the colors
Esc
|\
Alt
Fn
Ctrl
Enter(return)
Shift

I can also trade, I'd be willing to trade a custom plate or a discount on a complete laser cut acrylic case for these keys.  I do my own laser cutting, and can make pretty much any sort of design.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 March 2015, 22:25:49 by worldspawn »
I can make acrylic laser cut cases/plates PM for info

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #337 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 21:48:25 »
Got my sets today!

My alphas kit was missing the 'K' though.  I'm going to send Melissa an email tomorrow.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #338 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 22:11:03 »
Got my sets today!

Show Image

My alphas kit was missing the 'K' though.  I'm going to send Melissa an email tomorrow.

pssst -- you seem to have put \| on upside-down

Mine also came in today. I need to see about finding a 2.75u RDE blank and a 2.75u GTA blank. I notice that the blue is a lot darker in person, but that's not bad by any means.

Alright, got some updates from Bob at Signature Plastics. He said there were "dozens" of emails about the site not loading and people missing out. He also said that child deals are automatically configured with paypal so if it doesn't tip, there is nothing they can really do BUT he would like to make 25-50 extra sets and offer them on the keyshop for those who missed out. Ergodox included! So, those who purchased the Ergodox kit will still get/be charged for the other items they got just not the ergodox kit but you will be able to pick one up as they will be available on the keyshop.

"Everything that tipped will go through automatically. Only the item(s) that didn't tip won't go through.

In looking at the list, I would say we would produce everything that didn't tip except for the Numpad Adders-Polaris (only 1 was purchased) and the 6, 6.5 and 7x space bars that had 0 or 1 purchased.
" -Bob

Anyway, I hope this is good news to some? It may not be a perfect solution but it's something!

I can post the whole correspondence if you guys are interested, but it's a lot of text! ha.

Hooray, this includes the 2.75x blanks, correct? I purchased blanks to act as modifiers, everything came through except this one, which I need for a right shift.

Pass on our thanks to everyone at SP

Yea! This includes the blanks XD email is just got from Bob - "I just talked with Melissa and she suggested we capture the funds for all the deals that didn't tip so those people don't have to reorder again and pay more freight. The only deals we won't capture funds for are the Polaris Numpad Adder (1 purchased) and the 6U and 7U space bars that only had 1 purchase." - Bob

Has this changed? I only see the larger sets, no blanks or anything else.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 March 2015, 22:13:53 by user 18 »
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #339 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 22:15:07 »
Got my sets today!

Show Image

Thanks for the catch! 
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 March 2015, 22:17:03 by trizkut »

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #340 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 22:25:26 »
Got my sets today!

Show Image

Thanks for the catch! 
Show Image

np -- I had to double check on another board, because I thought for a moment I had put mine on the wrong way :P

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #341 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 22:47:39 »

I can make acrylic laser cut cases/plates PM for info

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #342 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 23:25:09 »
Got my sets today!

Show Image

Mine also came in today. I need to see about finding a 2.75u RDE blank and a 2.75u GTA blank. I notice that the blue is a lot darker in person, but that's not bad by any means.

Alright, got some updates from Bob at Signature Plastics. He said there were "dozens" of emails about the site not loading and people missing out. He also said that child deals are automatically configured with paypal so if it doesn't tip, there is nothing they can really do BUT he would like to make 25-50 extra sets and offer them on the keyshop for those who missed out. Ergodox included! So, those who purchased the Ergodox kit will still get/be charged for the other items they got just not the ergodox kit but you will be able to pick one up as they will be available on the keyshop.

"Everything that tipped will go through automatically. Only the item(s) that didn't tip won't go through.

In looking at the list, I would say we would produce everything that didn't tip except for the Numpad Adders-Polaris (only 1 was purchased) and the 6, 6.5 and 7x space bars that had 0 or 1 purchased.
" -Bob

Anyway, I hope this is good news to some? It may not be a perfect solution but it's something!

I can post the whole correspondence if you guys are interested, but it's a lot of text! ha.

Hooray, this includes the 2.75x blanks, correct? I purchased blanks to act as modifiers, everything came through except this one, which I need for a right shift.

Pass on our thanks to everyone at SP

Yea! This includes the blanks XD email is just got from Bob - "I just talked with Melissa and she suggested we capture the funds for all the deals that didn't tip so those people don't have to reorder again and pay more freight. The only deals we won't capture funds for are the Polaris Numpad Adder (1 purchased) and the 6U and 7U space bars that only had 1 purchase." - Bob

Has this changed? I only see the larger sets, no blanks or anything else.

All they have up right now is the sets that almost tipped and got produced anyway. In another week or so, once they make sure everyone got what they bought, the other sets and blanks should be available on keyshop

Got my sets today!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I love all the pictures! Worldspawn, your setup is sweet! & trizkut I like that case!

Once all the keys go up on keyshop and all purchases are said and done... folks can feel free to PM me if you need any particular keys. I bought a lot of extras and may be able to at least get you a blank or something at cost if you end up missing something.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #343 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 23:46:35 »
Booper your avatar is freaking me out lol. The thought I was imagining the dripping.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #344 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 00:24:52 »

Booper your avatar is freaking me out lol. The thought I was imagining the dripping.

Dripping? What dripping?

Offline goose272

« Reply #345 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 22:00:03 »

Dripping? What dripping?

Don't mess with us like that booper! BTW have you given any thought to producing and selling some of those space man caps?

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #346 on: Sat, 21 March 2015, 13:29:25 »

First time using DSA, first time using blanks, loving it so far. May need to pick up some extras :P
Definitely want to see if I can get a line on some GTA homing caps, so I don't need to use the F & J from the alphas.

Apologies for the poor quality pictures. I'll see if I can talk my sister into doing a real shoot of stuff next time I'm home.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #347 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:11:19 »
Deep Space on my JD40, thanks Booper! I love it!

[/img]

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline RogueBond007

• Yep, it's still a monkey.
    • Reddit Profile
« Reply #348 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 23:05:56 »
I just got my Vamilo VA87M today and put some Deep Space keycaps on it! I actually have one more set of Deep Space waiting for my JD40 (which will hopefully come soon  ;D)

I think the keyboards and the keycaps look so good! I'm so happy I had the opportunity to participate in this group buy! Thank you so much Boop! They turned out amazing!

Vamilo VA87M (MX Greys Tactile) - Deep Space Keycaps (Orion)
Poker II (MX Clears) - Deep Space Keycaps (Polaris)
Leopold FC660M (MX Clears) - Varmilo White/Mint Front Printed PBT Keycaps
Corsair K65 RGB (MX Reds) - PuLSE TKL with Novelties

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #349 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 23:23:43 »
Deep Space on my JD40, thanks Booper! I love it!

Show Image

Show Image
[/img]

Show Image

Cool! Space clack!! I like your layout. It's so fun to see what all people are doing with the options!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

First time using DSA, first time using blanks, loving it so far. May need to pick up some extras :P
Definitely want to see if I can get a line on some GTA homing caps, so I don't need to use the F & J from the alphas.

Apologies for the poor quality pictures. I'll see if I can talk my sister into doing a real shoot of stuff next time I'm home.

The blanks look nice! Glad you're liking the DSA and the keyset! Are you getting used to the blanks yet?

I just got my Vamilo VA87M today and put some Deep Space keycaps on it! I actually have one more set of Deep Space waiting for my JD40 (which will hopefully come soon  ;D)

I think the keyboards and the keycaps look so good! I'm so happy I had the opportunity to participate in this group buy! Thank you so much Boop! They turned out amazing!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Man, that astronaut doesn't match as well as it should. I'll have to do an updated version with better colors now that I have the keys in hand.

Otherwise.. Looking good!!! Thanks for participating RogueBond! It was nice chatting with you and I'm really glad you are happy with the keys. Also.. that grey case looks dope!