Author Topic: [GB] "Hack'd by Geeks" Keyset - Full Contour SA (Shipping Corrections)  (Read 326150 times)

Offline geogga

• gosh dang GH and their GBs
Re: [GB] "Hack'd by Geeks" Keyset - Full Contour SA
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 20:47:21 »
Looks great.

I'm unsure how I feel about SA since I've never tried it so I'm still torn on this..

agreed, maybe this is the one *cue music*.

Colors work well IMO, hopefully price will be good.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 21:11:19 »
Could you reorder the image so that it better shows which rows the additional modifiers and ISO keys are on?
It looks as if there are two DEL keys on the same row and that the blank modifiers are on row 4.
If the \| key is for UK ISO then it should be on row 4. No Fn for bottom row also.

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 21:36:25 »
*sigh* And I told myself no more keysets....

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 22:19:22 »
Looks great.

I'm unsure how I feel about SA since I've never tried it so I'm still torn on this..

Ahhh the last words of a key-cap virgin.  Once you've been gaped by SA, nothing else will ever feel the same for any of your keyboards  ;D .

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 22:58:59 »
Could you reorder the image so that it better shows which rows the additional modifiers and ISO keys are on?
It looks as if there are two DEL keys on the same row and that the blank modifiers are on row 4.
If the \| key is for UK ISO then it should be on row 4. No Fn for bottom row also.

Sure, I'll do that for you tomorrow. Most of the mods are Row 3, because the bottom row is Row 3, and the Shift situation. And you're right about the two Del keys, that was an oversight. Thanks.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Lubed Up Slug

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 23:14:07 »
Very interested. I have always wanted to try the SA profile. Count me in  :thumb:

Offline renne

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 00:12:45 »
Is SP able to make Row 4 Shift key now?

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 00:15:59 »
Interested in trying SA profile. Thanks JD and [CTRL]Alt for organizing this. Excited at all the nice keysets becoming available.  :confused:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 03:14:55 »
This is strangely alluring ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 03:18:25 »
Looks great.

Ahhh the last words of a key-cap virgin.  Once you've been gaped by SA, nothing else will ever feel the same for any of your keyboards  ;D .

lmao. gaped? holy ****, son you crazy.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 03:47:43 »
Looks great.

lmao. gaped? holy ****, son you crazy.

When it comes to SA keycaps, yes, he is :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Belfong

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 03:53:25 »
I have too many key cap sets. But the word JD40 attracted me... a lot............. decisions, decisions, decisions..

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 05:35:52 »
So the profile "3-1-2-3-4-3" would be the one shown on SP website, wouldn't it? As shown on this PDF, the pdf doesn't account for the Fn row.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 05:43:38 »
Oh I forgot to ask about the international shipping fees. Would it be like Ivan's GB i.e ~13$ w/o insurance?

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 05:59:20 »
EPIC!!

My wallet hates you right now. This is a must-buy. No questions, no doubts, just have to have it!

I will start to make a keyboard for this set now...

P.S. - are you going to wait for SP to complete the Row 4 Shift molds before running this or will it be like PuLSE with a mini GB for the Shifts later?
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Tommmmi Xu

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 06:48:25 »
I am not meant to offend anyone I swear.But since you choose SP to manufacture the keysets,why not use PMK for a better producting&shipping speed?

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 06:55:35 »
I am not meant to offend anyone I swear.But since you choose SP to manufacture the keysets,why not use PMK for a better producting&shipping speed?

I thought PMK and SP were tied together, like they would be the same company or something.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 07:04:55 »

I thought PMK and SP were tied together, like they would be the same company or something.

Basically PMK is SP's attempt at having a group buy system where any and everyone can run a group buy. Not everyone is a fan for many different reasons.

Quite frankly I'm glad to see community ran group buys.  :thumb:

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 07:09:17 »

Basically PMK is SP's attempt at having a group buy system where any and everyone can run a group buy. Not everyone is a fan for many different reasons.

Would using PMK really speed things up? Or was the new account just trolling?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 07:12:14 »

Well SP allows PMK group buys to bump other already in production group buys, which I personally find to be a bit sleazy.

So whether or not it would be quicker I can't say for sure, BUT I don't want to get this set at the cost of delaying a set I purchased a year ago (R5).

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 07:19:11 »
A group buy with no price? I am a bit lost here, is this a sort of secret code?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 07:25:13 »
Might have to go for this.

SA is by far the best profile that SP makes. Loving the fully contoured too rather than uniform row 3.

Why you do prefer contoured? with a flat profile you need less keys to fit different layouts properly.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 07:25:59 »

Read much?

Yeah, we are working on getting a quote for this, and trying to keep it as close to $100 or so per set as we can. By eliminating "child" kits, the base is only slightly more expensive than buying strictly alphas and mods, and you don't have to add $25 for a numpad, $15 for ISO, $20 for Tsangan, $20 for JD40, etc.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 07:29:04 »

Read much?

Yeah, we are working on getting a quote for this, and trying to keep it as close to $100 or so per set as we can. By eliminating "child" kits, the base is only slightly more expensive than buying strictly alphas and mods, and you don't have to add $25 for a numpad, $15 for ISO, $20 for Tsangan, $20 for JD40, etc.

Oops! my bad, and thank you for the reference, so kind of you.

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 07:55:33 »
I'm totally interested in this for my Small Fry kit coming.  I think the color way would be sharp on the bronze plates, if Bronze survives the cut.
DK9008 MX Blues | CM QFR MX Blues | CM XT MX Greens

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 08:28:01 »

Well SP allows PMK group buys to bump other already in production group buys, which I personally find to be a bit sleazy.

So whether or not it would be quicker I can't say for sure, BUT I don't want to get this set at the cost of delaying a set I purchased a year ago (R5).

Indeed that's not a really good way to proceed. I guess that's the way they found to draw traffic on PMK.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 08:37:06 »
OP updated with mockup showing row profiles. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 08:42:01 »

and full mockups coming shortly
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 09:55:31 »

SA is by far the best profile that SP makes. Loving the fully contoured too rather than uniform row 3.

Why you do prefer contoured? with a flat profile you need less keys to fit different layouts properly.

Aesthetics and comfort. I like the look of contoured keys, and how each row has differences. That said, I also like DSA, so a little bit of everything for me.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 10:02:54 »

I believe most people who complain about not liking SA profile do so because they have only ever used the uniform profile (all row 3) kits. I much prefer the contoured profile, due to the feeling when typing on them. No, it's not absolutely perfect, due to the small compromises we have to make with regard to the tooling, but it's better than the flat typing experience.

I know this leaves some people out who use different layouts, and thus need to swap keycaps into different rows, but those users probably understand that group buys are all about economy of scale. There has to be a balance between the number of keys in the kit (to keep the costs low), and the number of users affected by additions and omissions.

in memoriam

Offline acantha

• Aure Entuluva
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 11:12:49 »
All the Happy Hacking Things

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 12:14:05 »

I believe most people who complain about not liking SA profile do so because they have only ever used the uniform profile (all row 3) kits. I much prefer the contoured profile, due to the feeling when typing on them. No, it's not absolutely perfect, due to the small compromises we have to make with regard to the tooling, but it's better than the flat typing experience.

I know this leaves some people out who use different layouts, and thus need to swap keycaps into different rows, but those users probably understand that group buys are all about economy of scale. There has to be a balance between the number of keys in the kit (to keep the costs low), and the number of users affected by additions and omissions.

I didn't experience a fully contoured SA set until I tried out Pulse, but now I'm addicted. It's a much better experience and I'm definitely picking up at least one of these sets. I totally respect your decision to not mess with any kits, but I'd love to be able to pick up an extra GE spacebar or three. I'm really rough on mine and I'd like to have a few backups. Is that something that can be arranged? Or would I need to contact SP and hope that they have some extras in their inventory?

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 12:27:28 »
This looks great! Yay for contoured SA.

Any change of getting the ~ and | keys in the darker grey color?
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 12:46:55 »

Impossibruuuuu, this kit is a scaaaaam

2 good to be true T_T

I haven't read through everything but I will just ask, approximately how much will it be per full kit since no extra kits since there is only a base kit that contains everything?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 12:52:13 »

Impossibruuuuu, this kit is a scaaaaam

2 good to be true T_T

I haven't read through everything but I will just ask, approximately how much will it be per full kit since no extra kits since there is only a base kit that contains everything?

I assure you, it's not a scam. Just waiting on the quotes before it can go live.

Sorry, it's been requested, but I don't encourage people to do wrong things. :P

I'd love to be able to pick up an extra GE spacebar or three. I'm really rough on mine and I'd like to have a few backups. Is that something that can be arranged? Or would I need to contact SP and hope that they have some extras in their inventory?

I'm pretty sure they will have extra once production is completed. You can always email Melissa and ask to buy a few.
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 January 2015, 12:55:34 by jdcarpe »

in memoriam

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 13:40:07 »
@jdcarpe I actually do think we should have some space bars available just in case we wear our old ones out since I know that I tend to wear out my space bars extremely quickly.

I was just being sarcastic on my previous post btw so I hope you wern't offended =)  :thumb:

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 13:42:01 »
I know its probably convention, but why its the "\" key always the same colors as the alphas instead of the mods? To me it looks much cleaner, especially on a 60% if it matches the other mods.

They're that way on classic boards because those keys are not mods, they are characters.
A lot of sets offer both colors to please the masses. Sets emulating Cherry likely won't.

Either way SA feels great, honestly. And if you're worried about layout, just buy a tkl to it on and use a different set on your smaller board.  :thumb:

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 13:44:46 »

Sorry, it's been requested, but I don't encourage people to do wrong things. :P

I've actually given this a lot of thought: whether the ~ and | key should be the same color as the alphas, or mods.

At first, you think the keyboard should look better when those two keys get the same color treatment as the mods. It's more symmetrical, it's balanced on both ends, the colors match up nicely. However, upon further thought, and in practice (IMO), it looks much better with the same color as the alphas, especially if the spacebar is already the mod color scheme (but this is a different topic).

When ~ and | are the color of the mods, everything looks so claustrophobic. Everything is boxed/walled in... tense even. The mods are encapsulating and surrounding the alphas. When ~ and | get the alpha colors, there feels like there's a breakaway, an aesthetic feeling of escape. More comfortable. Like your eyes stretch across the keys more as your brain endorses the lack of symmetry, rather than focusing only on the blotchy uniformities in color. Small violations of symmetry look good. That's why there's so much demand for colored escape and enter keys (ie: GMK Dolch w/ Color Pack). Small doses of forced asymmetry is more aesthetically pleasing, and for this reason, I like ~ and | getting the same colors as the alphas (as it is in this buy).

I'll stop now, I just waxed way too long about such a minute detail. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter, but then again... what really does?
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 January 2015, 13:51:07 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 13:53:23 »
i like my pnumbra's, so yea i'm into these as well especially with the contoured caps

colors are pretty bangin

i like the 1 set deal- 1 package, nice and tighty :cool:
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 13:54:03 »
@jdcarpe I actually do think we should have some space bars available just in case we wear our old ones out since I know that I tend to wear out my space bars extremely quickly.

I was just being sarcastic on my previous post btw so I hope you wern't offended =)  :thumb:

I'd say SP will have extra spacebars if you want one, they normally do, just shoot them a email once this set is made and ask.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 13:55:03 »
I had no clue you can order extras by contacting them. That aqlctually makeanit quite nice.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 13:58:57 »
I had no clue you can order extras by contacting them. That aqlctually makeanit quite nice.

Well I have in the past, so unless something has changed you should be able to. They used to have pdf's with extra key caps on their website but I don't see it now.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 14:05:57 »
Damnit guys I am going to need three more boards for all these cap sets. I am definitely buying this considering it is contoured!

Offline enddot

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 14:14:43 »
Yes! This sounds so wonderful, I've got a bunch of blank OAS row 3s on my JD40 right now.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 15:24:50 »
I think my question has been lost in all these other awesome posts about this awesome keycap set, so I'll pose it again as I think others will also be interested:

Are you going to wait for SP to finish the molds for the Row 4 Shift keys or will there be a small GB later for them like the PuLSE GB?
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 15:28:30 »
I think my question has been lost in all these other awesome posts about this awesome keycap set, so I'll pose it again as I think others will also be interested:

Are you going to wait for SP to finish the molds for the Row 4 Shift keys or will there be a small GB later for them like the PuLSE GB?

Oops, sorry Oobly. I need to stick this info in the OP somewhere.

I am not an expert on SA keys, but if I am not mistaken there were always issues with the profile of the shift keys, because Signature Plastics doesn't have the correct molds.

Has this been fixed yet?

Correct, as it stands now, Shifts will all be Row 3 profile, as before. When and if Signature Plastics is willing to correct this glaring oversight on their part, we would love to have the correct Row 4 profile Shifts included. If they become available after the group buy ends, I plan to do a "Shifts-only" GB for the correct profile caps.

in memoriam

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 18:39:30 »
I need this in my life.
Not toooo active on GH anymore, if you need me, shoot me a PM on Reddit! /u/IchibanXD

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 19:46:26 »
No all row 3.  :(
  Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 19:59:33 »

Sorry, it's been requested, but I don't encourage people to do wrong things.

Perhaps these two keys could be offered in a separate "wrong" kit so those with different preferences can enjoy the keyset and help out the MOQ in the group buy?
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline SeeThruHead

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 00:09:44 »
any chance of getting some more modifier options, capslock with control legend would be nice, maybe something for non windows users who use a standard bottom row? (hyper, super, meta, cmd?) Really nice set I would love to get one.

Painted QFR          Poker 2