Author Topic: [HELP] KBD75 Stabilizer vs Plate ISSUE  (Read 5616 times)

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
[HELP] KBD75 Stabilizer vs Plate ISSUE
« on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 23:33:34 »
So I recently acquired a KBD75 keyboard from KBDfans (direct from taobao)

Last week I started building it with these specs in mind:
-Garistotle (gateron blue housing and spring | Aristotle stems)
-Zeal Screw In stabilizers
-Alu plate and Case
-75% pcb

After modding all the switches and installing all the stabs

I mounted some switches and tested the stabilizers, everything seemed fine until i tested the spacebar, garistotles are supposed to be clicky, but the spacebar wasnt clicking. so i tested various stuff until i noticed this

http://gph.is/2lBHnTF

The stab wire actually hits the plate on this spot:

What i tried to do already:
1. Change spring(mx clear spring) coz i thought the switch couldnt handle the weight of the spacebar
2. Change the wire coz i noticed that zeal wires are thicker than the chinese wire and gmk wire
3. FLIP the stab but yeah it doesnt work as shown below:

So aside from Modding the plate itself(i checked whether it was an issue on this specific plate alone but i have 2 of these and they are shaped the same),

Any other ideas guys?
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 February 2017, 23:40:22 by potatobot »

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
Re: [HELP] KBD75 Stabilizer vs Plate ISSUE
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 00:07:05 »
It looks to me like you would need to file out a slit in the plate large enough for the wire to come up at that angle through the hole. If you have a cheap steel wire you can test with you might try making a bend or filing the wire flat in that area to try and get some more articulation? from it. I wouldn't risk ruining those gold wires though.

(great documentation by the way)
-Dana

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 00:23:07 »
It looks to me like you would need to file out a slit in the plate large enough for the wire to come up at that angle through the hole. If you have a cheap steel wire you can test with you might try making a bend or filing the wire flat in that area to try and get some more articulation? from it. I wouldn't risk ruining those gold wires though.

yeah that was the only thing i can think off, but it might ruin the finish on the plate, especially the other one coz its black. :(

contacted the seller/maker from china, i hope they understand what i mean.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 08:13:37 »

yeah that was the only thing i can think off, but it might ruin the finish on the plate, especially the other one coz its black. :(

Have you tried flashing the pcb yet? Mine came with the arrow keys backwards along with a few other people I talked to and it won't take a flash

-Alu plate and Case
-75% pcb

Show Image

I mounted some switches and tested the stabilizers, everything seemed fine until i tested the spacebar, garistotles are supposed to be clicky, but the spacebar wasnt clicking. so i tested various stuff until i noticed this

Show Image

Show Image

1. Change spring(mx clear spring) coz i thought the switch couldnt handle the weight of the spacebar
2. Change the wire coz i noticed that zeal wires are thicker than the chinese wire and gmk wire

Show Image

So aside from Modding the plate itself(i checked whether it was an issue on this specific plate alone but i have 2 of these and they are shaped the same),

Any other ideas guys?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 08:24:04 »

Have you tried flashing the pcb yet? Mine came with the arrow keys backwards along with a few other people I talked to and it won't take a flash

-Alu plate and Case
-75% pcb

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Any other ideas guys?

oh, is there a fix? i havent tried flashing it yet T_T

Offline Tally810

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 08:30:59 »

-Alu plate and Case
-75% pcb

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Any other ideas guys?

oh, is there a fix? i havent tried flashing it yet T_T
Not sure was just wondering if yours was the same way as mine and several other people I've talked to :/