geekhack Community > Off Topic

What do you eat? The thread about things you eat.

<< < (3/565) > >>

Computer-Lab in Basement:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Tue, 22 April 2014, 11:38:17 ---
--- Quote from: Computer-Lab in Basement on Tue, 22 April 2014, 11:35:43 ---
--- Quote from: Photekq on Tue, 22 April 2014, 11:16:22 ---Medium rare steak and homemade chips (the Americans here would call them fries I guess) is my favourite meal!

Show Image

--- End quote ---

Dammit, I just ate and now I'm hungry again...

x2 on the steak. It tastes better if you make it yourself, IMO...

Close runner-up would have to be chicken-broccoli alfredo, also homemade. Probably one of the only things I can cook that isn't on the grill.

--- Quote from: Bro Caps on Tue, 22 April 2014, 11:34:11 ---
tater tots with bacon and cheese

Show Image

--- End quote ---

STAHP! PLZ, MY ARTERIES WILL THANK YOU!!

--- End quote ---

Uhoh...  Clab, you about to relapse?  Show Image

--- End quote ---

Relapse? Nah...

It's just that the steroids I'm on for my pneumonia/bronchitis have been greatly increasing my appetite, so needless to say this thread is going to be torturing me for the next several hours...

HPE1000:

Show Image

--- End quote ---
Reminds me of something I used to make. I would take hashbrowns, cook them in a pan, then throw in a bunch of cheese and bacon, and then put a ton of eggs on top of that. It was like a casserole but all made stove top in a pan. I need to make that again, I haven't in years.

Computer-Lab in Basement:

--- Quote from: HPE1000 on Tue, 22 April 2014, 11:46:11 ---

Show Image

--- End quote ---
Reminds me of something I used to make. I would take hashbrowns, cook them in a pan, then throw in a bunch of cheese and bacon, and then put a ton of eggs on top of that. It was like a casserole but all made stove top in a pan. I need to make that again, I haven't in years.

--- End quote ---

That reminds me of this stuff my stepdad makes; he calls it kielbasa hash. It's essentially potatoes, kielbasa, onions, green peppers, and assorted spices, sauteed in a single pan to let the potatoes soak up all the other flavors. It's quite good...

berserkfan:

--- Quote from: Photekq on Tue, 22 April 2014, 11:16:22 ---Medium rare steak and homemade chips (the Americans here would call them fries I guess) is my favourite meal!

--- End quote ---

Photekq, I can't resist asking this, but do you actually know anybody in UK who likes Bovril and Vegemite? Or your infamous UK standard boiled-till-rotten cabbage?

I personally call them Imperialist Foods. The reasoning being, they suck so bad, it puts people in a bad mood and makes them invade and conquer the rest of the world just so they can grab the colonized people's foods.

Photekq:
It's not Vegemite in the UK. It's Marmite. I love it having a little bit of it on toast with butter.

Bovril.. I've never tried it, but my mum has it sometimes.

Boiled-till-rotten cabbage.. Haven't heard that before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version