geekhack Community > Off Topic

Information Technology Troubles (Rant)

<< < (2/3) > >>

TomahawkLabs:
Mohawk. If you want to live comfortably my biggest suggestion would be to research areas with lower cost of living and try to settle there. I live in what used to be a low cost of living place, but home are around 225-250k for a nice, modest home (3-4 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage, 1800-2200 sqft), but we get 6 months of winter to deal with. Remote work is not going anywhere so finding an affordable location to settle is the biggest step in "living comfortably". There are just some areas of the country that are just impossible to pull yourself up to be comfortable when an 800sqft box starts over a million. The Midwest has it's pros and cons.

KeyGeak:

--- Quote from: TomahawkLabs on Thu, 09 November 2023, 10:48:40 ---Mohawk. If you want to live comfortably my biggest suggestion would be to research areas with lower cost of living and try to settle there. I live in what used to be a low cost of living place, but home are around 225-250k for a nice, modest home (3-4 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage, 1800-2200 sqft), but we get 6 months of winter to deal with. Remote work is not going anywhere so finding an affordable location to settle is the biggest step in "living comfortably". There are just some areas of the country that are just impossible to pull yourself up to be comfortable when an 800sqft box starts over a million. The Midwest has it's pros and cons.

--- End quote ---

What? In my country, 225K is just enough to buy a toilet :eek:

Sintpinty:

--- Quote from: KeyGeak on Wed, 15 November 2023, 21:12:00 ---
--- Quote from: TomahawkLabs on Thu, 09 November 2023, 10:48:40 ---Mohawk. If you want to live comfortably my biggest suggestion would be to research areas with lower cost of living and try to settle there. I live in what used to be a low cost of living place, but home are around 225-250k for a nice, modest home (3-4 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage, 1800-2200 sqft), but we get 6 months of winter to deal with. Remote work is not going anywhere so finding an affordable location to settle is the biggest step in "living comfortably". There are just some areas of the country that are just impossible to pull yourself up to be comfortable when an 800sqft box starts over a million. The Midwest has it's pros and cons.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yeah the average home price in my city is 770,000 DOLLARS and im not kidding you. doesn't help that i really feel like a fish out of water since all the jobs here are steel steel steel like i've said before

iri:

--- Quote from: KeyGeak on Wed, 15 November 2023, 21:12:00 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
When you poop, think about how much wealth is under your feet!

Sintpinty:
Did not find a co op in time so what certifs can i get what do you recommend

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version