geekhack Community > Off Topic

That thing with the baltimore bridge

(1/3) > >>

tp4tissue:
Watch, they're gonna use it as an excuse to raise prices on everything. Related or not.

noisyturtle:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Thu, 28 March 2024, 15:21:28 ---Watch, they're gonna use it as an excuse to raise bridges

Show Image

--- End quote ---

xjack312:
Drove it daily for my last job, still creeps me out thinking about it

fohat.digs:
This article provides a pretty good explanation:

[/b]]https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/3/28/2231894/-Container-Ship-Dali-Power-Failure-What-Happened?pm_campaign=trending&pm_source=sidebar&pm_medium=web

Rob27shred:

--- Quote from: xjack312 on Thu, 28 March 2024, 15:53:32 ---Drove it daily for my last job, still creeps me out thinking about it

--- End quote ---

Bridges are creepy period since we've let our road system get into such disrepair. I live in Pgh., PA & get anxious every time I get stuck in traffic on one of our bridges. When big trucks come over & your sitting on them you can literally feel the bounce caused by the weight of the trucks! Also when that bridge collapsed on 35W in Minneapolis years ago, I was literally driving there for work & my route was supposed to go right over it. So that has always stuck in my head too. Oh also TP, you're right. The price of everything is gonna skyrocket cause of this one whether it's something that would come through the B-more port or not. Gas already went up $0.04 a gal overnight here in Pgh......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version