Author Topic: [GB] (COMPLETED!) Nantucket Selectric  (Read 450209 times)

Offline Dernubenfrieken

We now need matching cables and sleeves!

Already planning on it.

Offline skullydazed

• Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
I added some signature flair for anyone who wants to promote this set in their signature (and thus bring prices down for everyone by getting more participants :cool:). See the code on the first post.

I also added a pricing matrix, as people didn't want to have to wade through the form. This does not include blanks, which are really too hard to price ahead of time. Expect to pay between $1 and $3 per blank, depending on how many get ordered.

Offline Hispes

• ISYMFS
I added some signature flair for anyone who wants to promote this set in their signature (and thus bring prices down for everyone by getting more participants :cool:). See the code on the first post.

I am an unpaid shill.

Offline WinstonSmith

Well, I'm signed up and ready to go!

Offline Armstrong01

Look at the sick trident - more people need to commit to the ISO add on for that alone;)
Planck | Pok3r ISO-UK | Ducky Premier ANSI-US

Offline jet2686

are these fully sculpted?

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
Going to have to wait till closer to the deadline to see if I can pick this up. I only have one MX board, so I'm not sure how many sets I really want to have around. Love the modifiers base set, and the Amity add on is awesome. Definitely gonna be hard to pass up.

Offline lashiel

are these fully sculpted?

Yes. 1 1 2 3 4 4 as it says in the title.

Offline KaminKevCrew

added just about one of everything  :)

had to pass up the ISO stuff though... sorry, they were too much... may add them before this is done though... Also, the reason for all of the "..." is that I don't actually know where the exclamation mark is on this board. It's a new planck, sooooo

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
And I'm in!

Offline GaM3 Is H4rD

Oh God!
Confuse to chose which set is my last ever SA profile set.
When I see this then.... Wellplay !!!! I'm committed to join.
Goodbye rice... I'm back to noodle for catching up outside life.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
I love this set, I hope I can scrounge up enough funds in 2 weeks or so. Awesome work!  :thumb:

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
Ordered. I absolutely love this set

Offline shadowness

Joined! So beautiful.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

Any chance of more price breaks? Barely a day in and we're at the final price break for some of the child deals and close for the TKL and others.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
I'm in.

Offline Jedi

Now that I read this again "You commit to 1 base set at 50 MOQ for $110, and 1 base set at 150 MOQ for $90. If only 50 sets are sold you will pay $110 for a single set. If 100 sets are sold, you will pay $95 for a single set. If 150 sets are sold you will pay 2 x $90 = $180 for TWO sets."

When I first signed up in the IC thread, I went through the order form and the form came back recognizing the order form was completed, but there wasn't a summary sheet that said ok here's your total that you will be charged based on your choice selections.

What I'm getting at is that I "tested" it with selecting what I interpreted as oh at this price I would buy 1, at this price I would buy 2, etc.  But that's not exactly what you meant.  What is referred to in that first quote above is that it would sum the total of the radial choices and then charge you based on the combined total.  The order form doesn't tell you a total, so are we "safe" to know that those who join "know" what they are expecting to pay come Feb 21?  Would be terrible if people didn't fund the commitment when they realized later what they were going to be charged. 

The price is fair, just wanted to make sure we have committed purchasers that don't back out at the end.

Offline getf

• In Rod We Trust
Considering how backed up the SA tooling is. What is the ETA of this GB after invoicing ends?

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
Considering how backed up the SA tooling is. What is the ETA of this GB after invoicing ends?

It will be completed in May, so expect it in maybe June?

You can see PMK/SP expected completion times here: Keycap status page.

Offline roadkill54

Man this set is wicked cool. Anyone feel like rendering????  :p

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
Man this set is wicked cool. Anyone feel like rendering????  :p

The mockups on the first page are renders.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
Now that I read this again "You commit to 1 base set at 50 MOQ for $110, and 1 base set at 150 MOQ for $90. If only 50 sets are sold you will pay $110 for a single set. If 100 sets are sold, you will pay $95 for a single set. If 150 sets are sold you will pay 2 x $90 = $180 for TWO sets."

When I first signed up in the IC thread, I went through the order form and the form came back recognizing the order form was completed, but there wasn't a summary sheet that said ok here's your total that you will be charged based on your choice selections.

What I'm getting at is that I "tested" it with selecting what I interpreted as oh at this price I would buy 1, at this price I would buy 2, etc.  But that's not exactly what you meant.  What is referred to in that first quote above is that it would sum the total of the radial choices and then charge you based on the combined total.  The order form doesn't tell you a total, so are we "safe" to know that those who join "know" what they are expecting to pay come Feb 21?  Would be terrible if people didn't fund the commitment when they realized later what they were going to be charged. 

The price is fair, just wanted to make sure we have committed purchasers that don't back out at the end.

You have some good concerns here.

The order form is just a google form. I don't have a good way to pre-calculate the price for the end user or to present a summary. You can edit the form again to double-check your responses, however. If anyone finds what they actually ordered to be a shock at the end we can adjust that, and any extra sets they would have purchased will be made available in my store after the buy ships. If too many people end up doing this there could be a problem, but there's enough wiggle room so that if even 15 or 20 sets end up dropping off we'll still be getting the same price breaks.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
Any chance of more price breaks? Barely a day in and we're at the final price break for some of the child deals and close for the TKL and others.

I'm honestly amazed at how well everything is doing. There's no price break beyond 250, but I do I have more price breaks for the child sets. I'll update the price list for the Amity Island set a little later this morning to show the lowest price.

Offline Jedi

The order form is just a google form. I don't have a good way to pre-calculate the price for the end user or to present a summary.

Understood.  Have you thoughts on sending people a "pre-invoice" by email that would show them the total purchase quantity and total cost as of their last google doc sign up? 

This may also help those international buyers too so that they arrange in advance the funds they require for payment.

Again, I'm totally aware of your pricing and your system for collecting on the group buy and I completely enjoy your transparency, I am simply offering a comment in the hopes that the orders all around are as accurate as possible and that the group buy is truly the success that it deserves :thumb:

Offline Espresso

You have some good concerns here.

The order form is just a google form. I don't have a good way to pre-calculate the price for the end user or to present a summary. You can edit the form again to double-check your responses, however. If anyone finds what they actually ordered to be a shock at the end we can adjust that, and any extra sets they would have purchased will be made available in my store after the buy ships. If too many people end up doing this there could be a problem, but there's enough wiggle room so that if even 15 or 20 sets end up dropping off we'll still be getting the same price breaks.

If we can't get in on this GB, will the set be available later in your store?

Offline xorian

• A nondescript lurker
I'm in, hoping that both the Planck and ErgoDox kits make it.  Some people seem pretty optimistic with their commitment levels.  I committed at the lowest MOQ personally.

Offline duras

Joined! Just curious why the red anchor key is only available in the planck set. Would definitely be more interested in the Cape Code set if it included the anchor key.

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
  • IG: @ZorbCaps
Joined! Just curious why the red anchor key is only available in the planck set. Would definitely be more interested in the Cape Code set if it included the anchor key.

If I recall correctly, skullydazed said that it was due to the fact that he wanted the planck kit to have something unique compared to the rest of the set; thus the anchors!

Offline harlw

HYYYYPPPEEEE!
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
Understood.  Have you thoughts on sending people a "pre-invoice" by email that would show them the total purchase quantity and total cost as of their last google doc sign up? 

This may also help those international buyers too so that they arrange in advance the funds they require for payment.

Again, I'm totally aware of your pricing and your system for collecting on the group buy and I completely enjoy your transparency, I am simply offering a comment in the hopes that the orders all around are as accurate as possible and that the group buy is truly the success that it deserves :thumb:

Comments made in good faith are always welcome. :thumb:

The pre-invoice idea is a good once. I'll see about putting that together.

If we can't get in on this GB, will the set be available later in your store?

Yes, I'll be selling this in my store after the group buy ships. The retail price will be higher than the group buy price.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Watching...hmm...I do have one question: why not make a novelty key with the diving helmet, or did I miss that?
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline harlw

Watching...hmm...I do have one question: why not make a novelty key with the diving helmet, or did I miss that?

The issue is that there is too much fine detail in that design to be successfully double-shot. The design could be simplified some but it would probably end up being unidentifiable in the end. Also, there are already a staggering number of custom legends in this set already. It would look nice if it could be done though.  ;D

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
yaaaaas TKL 250+
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards

The issue is that there is too much fine detail in that design to be successfully double-shot. The design could be simplified some but it would probably end up being unidentifiable in the end. Also, there are already a staggering number of custom legends in this set already. It would look nice if it could be done though.  ;D

The steering rigs turned out fine...
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline A-train

In! Thanks for putting this together, I'm very excited for this one.

Offline Hispes

• ISYMFS
I hope some people are ordering 6.25 red and/or yellow space bars.  :p

Offline harlw

The steering rigs turned out fine...

Silence! *pummels*

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
I hope some people are ordering 6.25 red and/or yellow space bars.  :p

I'm going to add both of those colors in 6.25 when I get the chance today.

Just added the a red & a yellow 6.25 spacebar!
Come on everyone lets order more!!!!
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 February 2016, 18:06:29 by William_S_Jones »

Offline kenshinjeff

Thanks for the GB! Some quick questions:

1) If I made modification to my order via the same google form, would it be reflected in the final order, or would I have to send a separate email?
2) Is there any way to get the anchor key from the planck set?

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
Thanks for the GB! Some quick questions:

1) If I made modification to my order via the same google form, would it be reflected in the final order, or would I have to send a separate email?
2) Is there any way to get the anchor key from the planck set?

Yes, when you go into the form again it should give you a link to edit your order. You can do this until the buy closes.

The anchor key is only available in the planck set.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
At the end of the first day I'm sitting here in disbelief. We're looking at 160 orders in a little over 30 hours. :eek: Even more exciting, we've already crossed 250 Base TKL sets sold. That means that no matter what we're paying the lowest price possible for that set. :thumb: The next price break happens at 500, so I'm not optimistic about hitting that, but time will tell.

In other news, the Planck has nearly passed the 50 MOQ level. I think it's a safe bet we'll see it made. The Ergodox is off to a slower start, but I would be very surprised if we don't see more sales come in. There are a lot of 'dox users out there, especially with the infinity drops.

Other highlights include the Numpad and Cape Cod, both of which have broken or are about to break the 100 MOQ level. But the star of the add-on packs is Amity Island, which has broken the 150 MOQ. This actually drops the price of the Amity Island set by $1. :cool: If we bring that set up to 250 orders we can round that down another dollar for a nice round $20/set.

No matter how the rest of the buy goes you've blown away my expectations. Each of you is awesome, and I can't wait to get these caps into your hands.  :thumb:

Offline bbrotha

noob question, why does the Homing kit does not includes an F key?
Norbaforce 87U 45g  -- HHKB Type S Blanks-- Kira Keyboard -- M65-A -- Novatouch

Offline harlw

At the end of the first day I'm sitting here in disbelief. We're looking at 160 orders in a little over 30 hours. :eek: Even more exciting, we've already crossed 250 Base TKL sets sold. That means that no matter what we're paying the lowest price possible for that set. :thumb: The next price break happens at 500, so I'm not optimistic about hitting that, but time will tell.

In other news, the Planck has nearly passed the 50 MOQ level. I think it's a safe bet we'll see it made. The Ergodox is off to a slower start, but I would be very surprised if we don't see more sales come in. There are a lot of 'dox users out there, especially with the infinity drops.

Other highlights include the Numpad and Cape Cod, both of which have broken or are about to break the 100 MOQ level. But the star of the add-on packs is Amity Island, which has broken the 150 MOQ. This actually drops the price of the Amity Island set by $1. :cool: If we bring that set up to 250 orders we can round that down another dollar for a nice round $20/set.

No matter how the rest of the buy goes you've blown away my expectations. Each of you is awesome, and I can't wait to get these caps into your hands.  :thumb:
You da reel hero. *crappy clap*

Offline Atredl

Look at the sick trident - more people need to commit to the ISO add on for that alone;)

I'm really thinking about picking up the ISO for those tridents. Help out you ISO folk out a bit  :thumb:

Offline kenshinjeff

The anchor key is only available in the planck set.

Thanks for the extremely prompt replies!

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
noob question, why does the Homing kit does not includes an F key?

It does, F and J in both dished and bumps.

Offline Tanthanis

This set looks amazing and I can not wait until it ships. Thanks for setting up this group buy.

-Tanthanis

Offline Jolikki

Wow. This really exploded, but ISO and European isn't going very well.

Yet.
"I would stand in line for this" - Moby

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
  • IG: @ZorbCaps
Wow. This really exploded, but ISO and European isn't going very well.

Yet.

LeandreN is trying to put it all together! Send him a PM if you're interested! :)

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
I can die happy if I get this set with DVORAK/COLEMAK pack