Author Topic: (GB) TOXIC (shipping)  (Read 728981 times)

Offline nuclearsandwich

Re: (GB) TOXIC (moving to production)
« Reply #1100 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 15:01:58 »
so just to let everyone know, my paypal has been locked because of these chargebacks, im mid sorting it now and will update further once i can

If there's any sort of affadavit that PayPal would accept along the lines of "I gave this dude my money and am not being ripped off." I would write one up for you.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1101 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 15:03:01 »
Wow, that is pretty damn annoying.  Thank you Bunny for putting up with all this BS so that we may all have Toxic.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #1102 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 15:07:58 »
Sorry, I didn't read back. Who all is charging back and for what reason?

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #1103 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 15:14:15 »

People who didn't get brobots are charging back the sets that they apparently only ordered for a shot at brobots. Pretty lame.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1104 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 15:24:41 »

People who didn't get brobots are charging back the sets that they apparently only ordered for a shot at brobots. Pretty lame.

WHAT!?? Make a ****ing list and BAN them. Thats BULL****! >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D

Offline cphead

« Reply #1105 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 15:32:14 »

WHAT!?? Make a ****ing list and BAN them. Thats BULL****! >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D  >:D

Yeah that is really sad ... esp when it was stated so many times that bots were not guaranteed.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 April 2014, 15:46:17 by cphead »

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1106 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 15:42:54 »

Don't worry, has been implemented already  :thumb:

unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #1107 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 16:04:18 »
so just to let everyone know, my paypal has been locked because of these chargebacks, im mid sorting it now and will update further once i can

Ohh dang hope, you get it sorted sort of sucks that they are still doing this, hopefully you pass the list around to the others who commonly run GB so they know they may have some trouble :x
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline tadbitnerdy

« Reply #1108 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 16:08:45 »
Have they been banned from GH?  Their actions are hurting the community and an honest provider to this hobby.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1109 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 16:14:05 »

Ohh dang hope, you get it sorted sort of sucks that they are still doing this, hopefully you pass the list around to the others who commonly run GB so they know they may have some trouble :x

most of those people have to put up with me moaning on skype about this haha

it sucks but im sure its just a case of jumping through some hoops

ive done everything they asked me to today
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1110 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 16:35:16 »

If there's any sort of affadavit that PayPal would accept along the lines of "I gave this dude my money and am not being ripped off." I would write one up for you.

I would be willing to do this as well.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Zeromachina

« Reply #1111 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 18:17:56 »
This was my first GB after lurking for so long on GH, the prospect of getting some brobots to go with the awesome toxic set added to the day one buzz and excitement. In the end i missed out on getting some bots, but that didn't stop my excitement for the toxic set - the main reason i jumped onto this GB in the first place. I don't really understand the people making it diffucult for everyone, there are other ways to get bots, you just have to be fast enough and have a bit of luck (i have neither at the moment but i'll keep trying.)  :D  I really just wanted to say thanks again to Bunny for the set, you've set me on a slippery slope of keys and mods.  i hope this charge back crap works itself out quickly.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #1112 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 18:21:52 »

I'm ready to go. Got my pitchfork and everything!

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1113 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 18:24:56 »
NAME AND SHAME! Anyone who tries to **** over this group buy/Bunny/CtrlAlt should not be dealt with by anyone anymore.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1114 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 18:28:25 »
NAME AND SHAME! Anyone who tries to **** over this group buy/Bunny/CtrlAlt should not be dealt with by anyone anymore.

+1, everyone should be named so we could all avoid them.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1115 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 18:46:50 »

Bunny has already called out a few
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1116 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 18:49:14 »
Have they been banned from GH?  Their actions are hurting the community and an honest provider to this hobby.

I doubt the mods want to get into this kind of situation, esp since they have that caveat empetat thing

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #1117 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 18:51:26 »
Would be good to know, would rather steer clear of trading with people who would do charge backs without even talking to bunny first.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1118 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 18:53:33 »

Bunny has already called out a few

Yes, but not all.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #1119 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 19:18:01 »
No offense to the bros, they're nice caps and all;
I just don't get the hype over these custom caps [CC too.]
I just would never want one on my keyboard...
let alone place an order for a set I don't want just for a shot at one.

Really, people who do this are so ****ing unimaginably stupid...
You know who you are, you're a total moron.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1120 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 19:52:07 »
Would be good to know, would rather steer clear of trading with people who would do charge backs without even talking to bunny first.

Which would be promptly removed by the mods. Mods have already said no to walls of shame, and what you are suggesting is that. Too much legal issues to deal with

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #1121 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 20:00:04 »
I never suggested anything about a wall of shame, just said it would be good to know, for reasons of not wanting to get into potential bad trades.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1122 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 21:40:17 »
I never suggested anything about a wall of shame, just said it would be good to know, for reasons of not wanting to get into potential bad trades.

Putting people's names out like that is pretty much equivalent to a wall of shame. The purpose of wall of shames that were removed by mods were to do exactly as you described

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #1123 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 21:53:51 »

Putting people's names out like that is pretty much equivalent to a wall of shame. The purpose of wall of shames that were removed by mods were to do exactly as you described

You are still putting words in my mouth,  and I never once said 'name and shame'...

I honestly would want to steer clear of people who would cause this much stress and cause bunny so much hassle over missing out on a brobot.

If I were to find out privately who they were I would just simply never deal with them, never said I would want to make it a public shaming.

But I would think the majority of people feel the same way about wanting to not deal with people like this.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1124 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 22:11:53 »

Which would be promptly removed by the mods. Mods have already said no to walls of shame, and what you are suggesting is that. Too much legal issues to deal with

What legal issues? Retail stores often put up pictures of people who have gotten caught stealing so that people would know who to look out for if they saw them.

Same concept, I don't want to deal with people who pull chargebacks on good people doing good things for us.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1125 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 22:16:23 »

What legal issues? Retail stores often put up pictures of people who have gotten caught stealing so that people would know who to look out for if they saw them.

Same concept, I don't want to deal with people who pull chargebacks on good people doing good things for us.

Except that doing a charge back in a group buy is not illegal.  It is still a **** move but not illegal.  Most of the ones that I have seen it is for the store employees and the person in the display still owes the company for bad checks, or got caught shop lifting.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #1126 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 23:02:45 »

Nothing stopping Bunny from making a list on the CTRL/ALT website....

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1127 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 23:50:30 »

I think that would be an excellent idea. I'd definitely prefer not to deal with someone who would use such tactics.

E: Bunny, I submitted a ticket to the CtrlAlt website, and it was closed without a response. Error, or something else?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #1128 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 23:53:27 »

I think that would be an excellent idea. I'd definitely prefer not to deal with someone who would use such tactics.

E: Bunny, I submitted a ticket to the CtrlAlt website, and it was closed without a response. Error, or something else?
Had the same happen, add a response to it to reopen. I think bunny is super busy so tickets might be slow for him to get to.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1129 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 00:25:12 »
Had the same happen, add a response to it to reopen. I think bunny is super busy so tickets might be slow for him to get to.

I don't mind if it takes a while, as long as it can get dealt with. Thanks for the advice.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1130 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 01:24:01 »

Putting a public shame list on a commercial website may not be good for the branding of CTRLALT. I don't have an answer on how to expose the delinquents but in future, new customers should pay to Bunny via credit card payment gateway or direct bank TT instead of Pay Pal. He doesn't have to invoice new customers via PP. Pay Pal can still be available to returning customers. That should reduce the number of chargebacks. I am not sure if there is a huge cost associated with having a credit card payment gateway in CTRLALT website. I am assuming most of the chargebacks are not from GH and are from people who heard about the sale and went to ctrlalt.io directly. Or maybe they created a GH id just to participate in the hype.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1131 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 05:32:55 »

I don't mind if it takes a while, as long as it can get dealt with. Thanks for the advice.

all tickets will get dealt with

we built in the front end of the ticket system, basically everything you guys see, we then finished my back end, however we are waiting to push it with a big update, everything is pretty much ready but for what we wanted to do with this update, paypal is essential

so i can get in and check the logs of the tickets, but i havent been able to do much with it yet until the new update is pushed

sorry for the delay guys, but all will be handled

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1132 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 05:38:24 »

we are waiting to push it with a big update, everything is pretty much ready but for what we wanted to do with this update, paypal is essential

I hope this update means what I think it does  :)
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #1133 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 06:05:45 »
@Bunny.

I think you should fix it ;) . Pls hide input charter ;) .

And when you refund shipping fees ?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1134 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 06:12:48 »
@Bunny.

ill look into that, ive just gone through and its only on that specific screen rather than the login screen so we will get that sorted

as for the refunds, once my paypal is sorted we can get the site update up which will make my life way easier and that will be the priority

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
« Reply #1135 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 06:21:46 »
@Bunny.

ill look into that, ive just gone through and its only on that specific screen rather than the login screen so we will get that sorted

as for the refunds, once my paypal is sorted we can get the site update up which will make my life way easier and that will be the priority

Okay ;) . Thank you Bunny (y)

Offline Glissant

« Reply #1136 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 10:32:00 »
Don't you dare refund any shipping on my order, BunnySir!

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #1137 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 03:54:26 »
Bunnnnnnnnny, how have u been lately? Must be very busy atm...
Also, can i just ask when approx. we can expect the last big announcment?
Sorry for asking over and over again, but the suspense... is killing me :DDDD
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1138 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 04:16:59 »

Don't worry, has been implemented already  :thumb:

Fantastic to hear!  :thumb:

Offline tbc

« Reply #1139 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 04:46:44 »

don't you love the western legal system...?

do something bad, get covered by the law.

it's like all of our laws were made by rich old british men who wrote the laws to protect their own interests. vive la judicators?
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 April 2014, 04:50:56 by tbc »
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1140 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 09:21:12 »

don't you love the western legal system...?

do something bad, get covered by the law.

it's like all of our laws were made by rich old british men who wrote the laws to protect their own interests. vive la judicators?

ESSENTIALLY

Our government is nothing short of corporation
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 April 2014, 21:38:35 by tigersharkdude »

Offline add1ct3dd

« Reply #1141 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 05:12:06 »
Is there anywhere aside from here we can watch for updates?

Just wondering what sort of timeframe we are looking at from now to the end of the GB (aka units shipped out)?

Cheers!

I see on here it says moved to production, but haven't seen any posts from anyone recently to suggest progress :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1142 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 05:14:36 »

Just wondering what sort of timeframe we are looking at from now to the end of the GB (aka units shipped out)?

Cheers!

I see on here it says moved to production, but haven't seen any posts from anyone recently to suggest progress :)

any and all updates will be posted here, we will also start posting updates on twitter shortly as well as the website

Offline add1ct3dd

« Reply #1143 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 07:53:02 »

Cheers!

any and all updates will be posted here, we will also start posting updates on twitter shortly as well as the website

Ok cheers :)

Offline Glissant

« Reply #1144 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 08:08:08 »
Twitter updates! That's excellent.
Hope everything is going well with PayPal😊

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
« Reply #1145 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 09:24:10 »

Cheers!

FB pls ... i don't like twitter :p

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1146 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 09:27:14 »

Cheers!

FB pls ... i don't like twitter :p

im super against facebook, so i dont see that happening any time soon unless one of the other ctrl alt guys wanna take care of it

Offline jesterjunk

• another  ·  in the cosmic bucket …
« Reply #1147 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 10:00:28 »

This article shows you how to connect your Twitter and Facebook accounts so that your Tweets will automatically post to your Facebook wall.

https://support.twitter.com/articles/31113-using-twitter-with-facebook

USA Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 FKBN104MC/EFB2 (MX blue)  +  Genovation 683 Controlpad (MX black)
Modifications:  Titanium spacebar, Aluminum Red Esc,  Zinc V2 Arrow set,  TOXIC key caps (ordered)

funny thread — Re-create MX Super Blacks on Winkey?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1148 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 10:21:14 »

This article shows you how to connect your Twitter and Facebook accounts so that your Tweets will automatically post to your Facebook wall.

https://support.twitter.com/articles/31113-using-twitter-with-facebook

But why would he want that? FB is evil.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline bumgrapes

• Poker II
« Reply #1149 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 10:53:41 »
The sooner Facebook dies, the better.

That thing is utter toxic (no pun intended)