Author Topic: Best Sublimation Printer ?  (Read 1334 times)

Offline KermittDaFrog

• Hello there !
Best Sublimation Printer ?
« on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 16:28:16 »
Hi everybody !  ;D
I finally decided to create my own keycaps by printing them on blank PBT caps by using the sublimation technique.
Have anyone tried the experiment ?
Is there a signifiant difference beetween 200$ printers and 500 $ ones ? I was thinking to get an Epson WorkForce WF-7210DTW that looks like doing the job ...
And Is there something to do for the prints to be indelibile ? ( What is the difference with my future printed keycaps and industrial ones ?)
Thanks for your answers !

Offline Willtato

• I like small Keyboards
Re: Best Sublimation Printer ?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 19:49:14 »
Hi, I haven't tried doe subbing yet, but I was thinking about it. As you've already said, the biggest cost is the printer. You'll also need the correct ink and if using a normal printer maybe also a code so you get accurate colours.

I would suggest initially getting someone to print a sheet out. They cost around $2 per sheet, and although expensive for what it is, is much cheaper). Having your own diesub printer is nice, but I'm not sure if it'll ever pay itself back.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Offline ClarenceOrtiz

Re: Best Sublimation Printer ?
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 04:54:28 »
First one which I had was SawGrass SG500 and then  SG1000 of the same company which is the latest and greatest sublimation technology and print resolution.

term paper help