Author Topic: SP and copyright stuff?  (Read 1995 times)

Offline bavman

SP and copyright stuff?
« on: Fri, 06 January 2012, 13:05:39 »
Would SP be willing to make keycaps with skyrim logo or will they refuse because of copy right reasons?

I didnt know how to upload an svg to here so I put it on mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wybbr89r9qjgc39

If SP doesn't do this, I dont suppose theres a way to get permission from bethesda or whoever without having to pay large amounts of money?

Offline pitashen

SP and copyright stuff?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 January 2012, 14:12:02 »
To be honest, logos with sharp/pointy edges would not turn out great on double shots. I found the results of those SC2 keys to be mediocre at best.

You are better off with dyesub.

But that isn't really answering you question regarding to the copyrights. I say it is worth a shot dropping Melissa a message regarding to that.
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
SP and copyright stuff?
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 11 January 2012, 20:40:07 »
As its the game's logo, it probably is under copyright and trademark. Chance of it happening through SP is very slim to none.

The only way you would do it through SP is to get permission from Bethesda (probably won't let you/won't reply).
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
SP and copyright stuff?
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 January 2012, 00:35:08 »
Hmm, well all Skyrim logos will be protected by copyright and trademark.  But you could always make a dragon, dragons aren't the property of anybody.  For an actual Skyrim keycap you should call Bethesda and tell them exactly what you want to do, they might go for it.  You would have to negotiate a license from them to produce any keycaps with the Skyrim logo that you intend to sell for a profit, and then you would then have to pay them some percentage of your sales as a royalty.  License agreements like this happen all the time, like every time you see a children's toy truck with Coca-Cola on it, you know some toy company made a license agreement with Coca-Cola.  Coke likes it, because it is a hidden way to market their sugar-water to children.  So Bethesda might like the idea of producing Skyrim keycaps, because the nerds who play video-games will love the keycaps, and maybe it will sell more games.  Oh, I just realized that once you call them, they may just steal your idea, so what out for that too.  Like that movie with Greg Kinnear, where General Motors stole his idea for the intermittent windshield wiper.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.