Author Topic: Geekhack LGBTQ+ thread  (Read 22786 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Geekhack LGBTQ+ thread
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 15:29:36 »
What it comes down to for me, is that people should be allowed to be who they are without fear of discrimination. I have to believe that one of the worst ways to live is pretending to be something you are not, because of fear of acceptance or personal safety.  Often the ones who so staunchly profess "it is a choice, and you are choosing wrong" is because they struggle so hard to "choose right" and that must be an awful existence.

I agree with two exceptions.  First is "kin" people.  I work with people with schizophrenia and most of the tumblr-esque "kinfolk" I've heard sound like schizophrenics.  If you want to dress up as a vast abd **** someone's brains out while meowing, that's your thing.  I don't get it, but whatever.  Just don't go around telling me you're dolphin kin stuck in a person's buddy and you have conversations with dolphins in your headspace.

The second exception is people who engage in sex with persons or things that do not have capacity or ability to consent.  If you're attracted to children or animals or even bridges, that's fine.  Acting on it is not, be it through direct action it consumption.

demik really just hopes you're gay nubbs. It would crush him to think that he has no chance with you.

Mainly it's because I keep turning him down for a beehatch threesome.  He just can't understand how I could be monogamous.
Sending her to the store while you try to have your way with me is not a damn threesome.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #151 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 15:30:45 »
Well I must say I'm glad to see so much support from people! Hopefully this can be an ongoing thread, because I would love to connect with some other queer keyboard nerds because, as clacktalk was saying, it seems we're a bit of a minority.

yo wassup ★~(◡‿◡✿)
Hello?
I don't identify as gay(nor straight for that matter) but I was in a relationship with another women for a decent part of my late teens and early twenties. I'm an equal opportunity lover and hope to one day live in a world where people need not be gay or straight.

Its a pleasure to see another Vermonter who loves keyboards here on the forum  :-*
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2015, 15:35:35 by Sed8op8 »
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline iri

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 16:07:11 »
What it comes down to for me, is that people should be allowed to be who they are without fear of discrimination. I have to believe that one of the worst ways to live is pretending to be something you are not, because of fear of acceptance or personal safety.  Often the ones who so staunchly profess "it is a choice, and you are choosing wrong" is because they struggle so hard to "choose right" and that must be an awful existence.

I agree with two exceptions.  First is "kin" people.  I work with people with schizophrenia and most of the tumblr-esque "kinfolk" I've heard sound like schizophrenics.  If you want to dress up as a vast abd **** someone's brains out while meowing, that's your thing.  I don't get it, but whatever.  Just don't go around telling me you're dolphin kin stuck in a person's buddy and you have conversations with dolphins in your headspace.

The second exception is people who engage in sex with persons or things that do not have capacity or ability to consent.  If you're attracted to children or animals or even bridges, that's fine.  Acting on it is not, be it through direct action it consumption.

Agreed on the limitations...I mean, within reasonable limits. Like, no it is not okay be to attracted to your sister
(...)
I was speaking more the of the healthy forms of consent that people can give when they are of age and sound mind.
Why is it "not okay" to be attracted to your sister? Do you know that "not okay" goes perfectly with "to be gay"? Do you know that back in Roman Empire "not okay" was barely a thing? Who defines "not okay"?

Do you know that age of consent differs wildly in different communities?

What is "sound mind"?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #153 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 16:12:05 »
Sometimes sisters are pretty!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 16:43:28 »

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 17:12:10 »
As for pride events, I recognize their significance but I do believe they hurt the cause of seeking inclusion and acceptance. I am opposed to public displays of affection (by anyone of any sex or gender towards anyone), not because it bothers me but because I believe it just doesn't belong in the public realm. As you might imagine I am therefore rather opposed to the typical format of a pride parade, at least in a larger city - the nudity and sexuality goes counter to the goal of being acknowledged as functional, non-sex-crazed members of society who are in no meaningful way different from anyone else...
I'm 100% straight, well, maybe 95%, but I love watching Pride Parades because they are so full of happy people. Such positive expressions of sexuality. You don't often see any other parades that are that .... well.. gay in the traditional meaning of the word as well as the modern.
What I don't like about them is that politicians are taking up such a large space in the parades, especially during election years. As if they would be afraid that people would consider them to be anti-gay if they didn't walk in the parade.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 17:55:00 »

Agreed on the limitations...I mean, within reasonable limits. Like, no it is not okay be to attracted to your sister
(...)
I was speaking more the of the healthy forms of consent that people can give when they are of age and sound mind.
Why is it "not okay" to be attracted to your sister? Do you know that "not okay" goes perfectly with "to be gay"? Do you know that back in Roman Empire "not okay" was barely a thing? Who defines "not okay"?

Do you know that age of consent differs wildly in different communities?

What is "sound mind"?

Didn't think that opinion would be so controversial! To clarify, I mean it is not typically considered a healthy behavior to find your biological sibling sexually attractive and want to act on it. There is a great big old difference between knowing your sibling is pretty (or handsome) and wanting to engage in physical, sexual intercourse with them. As for this the "not okay" part, I thought my intent was clear, but it certainly was not, so I will clarify. I'm all for being whatever you want to be, and being with whomever you want to be with - assuming it is a healthy relationship between to consenting individuals that are capable and able to make informed decisions. Furthermore, I did not mean to imply anything about the age of consent. It was more about being of sound mind (ie, no influence of drugs/alcohol or mental and/or physical impairment, particularly where one individual may be able to hold undo power and influence over another).

Generally, my point was that people should be able to love who they want to love.

Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 18:27:08 »
A wise man once told me: "Do you".

I liked you before trenzafeeds and I like you after this thread. To me, it's like telling me you're a Muslim or Canadian or Bisexual. We're cool all the same. Let's save the hate for those filthy Azerty and Topre lovers (I kid of course).

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 18:29:01 »
I dunno CPT, a bisexual white Muslim man from Toronto, Canada is a hard person to accept.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 18:29:38 »
I dunno CPT, a bisexual white Muslim man from Toronto, Canada is a hard person to accept.

I would only find them hard to accept if they loved Topre and no other switch ;).

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #160 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 18:30:02 »
Let's save the hate for those filthy Azerty and Topre lovers (I kid of course).

Whoa...whoa....WHOA!!!! Easy there Pal!! Topre is looovveee!

PSA - Buckling springs are for old farts who have no feeling left in their finger tips.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #161 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 18:32:03 »

I would only find them hard to accept if they loved Topre and no other switch ;).

To be fair, it's mainly the Toronto thing that makes them hard to accept.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #162 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 18:34:53 »
So many dirty mx heathens in this thread.

I can't accept this.

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #163 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 18:37:27 »

I can't accept this.

I consider myself bi-switchual. I use both MX and BS every day. Come at me.  :p

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #164 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 18:39:07 »
STR8 PRIVILEGE IS A HELLUVA DRUG
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #165 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 18:47:17 »

I can't accept this.

I consider myself bi-switchual. I use both MX and BS every day. Come at me.  :p

We all have our kinks.  Sometimes I like it dry, sometimes I need it nice and lubed.  Sometimes I need to just hit that bottom hard, sometimes I just go slow and gentle.  Sometimes you just need to use rubber, sometimes you just want to insert and push a naked stem.

I think I've used up all the sexual innuendos I could think of.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #166 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 18:48:02 »
Hold the **** up. Topre hate I will not tolerate.

1v1 me all you heathens.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #167 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 19:31:05 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #168 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 19:31:48 »

1v1 me all you heathens.

Topre...  Meh...

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #169 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 19:33:42 »

1v1 me all you heathens.

topre is da best
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #170 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 19:36:50 »

1v1 me all you heathens.

topre is da best

Switches don't matter..

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #171 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 19:50:19 »
Honestly, I wonder why we can't just start saying "non-straight" instead of adding another letter to the acronym every year.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 21:00:35 »
MX BLUES FOR LIFE 
FOR LIFE
FOR LIFE
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #173 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 21:08:42 »
Honestly, I wonder why we can't just start saying "non-straight" instead of adding another letter to the acronym every year.
I agree that it is a bit impractical, if we could make it non-straight, non-cis that would cover everything. There is actually a movement I believe to change it to just GSM (Gender and Sexual Minorities) which makes the most sense to me.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #174 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 21:36:12 »
I agree that it is a bit impractical, if we could make it non-straight, non-cis that would cover everything. There is actually a movement I believe to change it to just GSM (Gender and Sexual Minorities) which makes the most sense to me.

GSM could be tough, the cell phone industry already has that acronym cornered.

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 21:39:13 »

something along those lines beats a title that describes a group through exclusion though

let's meet halfway and have the world agree on Sexual and Gender Minorities
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #176 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 21:43:08 »

something along those lines beats a title that describes a group through exclusion though

OK, well if we have clacktalk's approval the changeover should go quite smoothly.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #177 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 21:47:58 »

I'll support anything that makes the conservative members of my family squirm when they hear it.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #178 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 02:31:31 »

but how about that recogniseability
everyone knows what at least lgbt means
change it to msg or some **** it's gonna take an early retirement and a couple billion campaign ads to make sure like 7 people are aware of the switch
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline iri

« Reply #179 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 05:48:36 »
it is not typically considered a healthy behavior to find your biological sibling sexually attractive and want to act on it. There is a great big old difference between knowing your sibling is pretty (or handsome) and wanting to engage in physical, sexual intercourse with them.
it is not typically considered a healthy behavior to find a person of the same gender sexually attractive and want to act on it. There is a great big old difference between knowing a person of the same gender is pretty (or handsome) and wanting to engage in physical, sexual intercourse with them.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 05:51:15 »
it is not typically considered a healthy behavior to find your biological sibling sexually attractive and want to act on it. There is a great big old difference between knowing your sibling is pretty (or handsome) and wanting to engage in physical, sexual intercourse with them.
it is not typically considered a healthy behavior to find a person of the same gender sexually attractive and want to act on it. There is a great big old difference between knowing a person of the same gender is pretty (or handsome) and wanting to engage in physical, sexual intercourse with them.

why
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #181 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 06:24:13 »

Wait, so you see incest as on par with homosexuality?

Offline iri

« Reply #182 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 06:35:37 »
I am using the same logic.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
« Reply #183 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 08:33:38 »
As much as I hate to say it, iri is not wrong. Note my very careful selection of the words "not wrong" rather than "right"...

I am not in favour of incest, but the same logic that allows sex without procreation between two consenting adults of different sex/gender AND also allows sex between two consenting adults of the same gender also allows sex without procreation between two consenting adults of the same family.

As soon as procreation is involved, incest is objectively (not just subjectively according to societal rules) wrong.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 August 2015, 08:39:19 by kishy »
Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 08:37:11 »
Oh geez. This went somewhere I did not expect it to go.

I will say this - I think everyone is entitled to their own opinions and can feel however they want. I feel my way, you feel yours. If that is the same, that's cool. If that is different, that is cool too. What I was expressing was my opinion, I do not have any control over society as a whole.

Let love rule and all that.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #185 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 08:40:03 »
Thx a lot kishy for your posts, you're explaining it so well.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #186 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 08:41:16 »
I have no beef with two consenting adults doing the dirty. Related or not. Not something I'd participate myself in, but if they're both okay with it... who am I to judge?

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
« Reply #187 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 08:44:06 »

I will say this - I think everyone is entitled to their own opinions and can feel however they want. I feel my way, you feel yours. If that is the same, that's cool. If that is different, that is cool too. What I was expressing was my opinion, I do not have any control over society as a whole.

That's what happens when you bring a lot of people of different backgrounds, different intelligence levels, different life experiences and different personal beliefs to discuss a polarizing topic.

This whole topic ultimately comes back to one essential concept - are we living our lives to fulfill our biological purpose or are we living our lives for our enjoyment and experience?

In modern society we are doing the latter, and so long as it is not done in a harmful way, there's nothing wrong with that...
kishy.ca

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #188 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 08:51:19 »

That's what happens when you bring a lot of people of different backgrounds, different intelligence levels, different life experiences and different personal beliefs to discuss a polarizing topic.

This whole topic ultimately comes back to one essential concept - are we living our lives to fulfill our biological purpose or are we living our lives for our enjoyment and experience?

In modern society we are doing the latter, and so long as it is not done in a harmful way, there's nothing wrong with that...

Much agreed good sir.  :)

Offline iri

« Reply #189 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 10:05:50 »
As soon as procreation is involved, incest is objectively (not just subjectively according to societal rules) wrong.
As soon as procreaction is involved, same sex couples are wrong.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #190 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 10:11:27 »

This thread is producing amazing statements

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #191 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 10:13:50 »

But he's right.

The church's main argument against gay marriage is that they can't procreate. So let's starts taking away marriage licenses to infertile couples. Also, test tube babies are against god's will. So, no marriage for those going that route.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 10:25:05 »

But he's right.

The church's main argument against gay marriage is that they can't procreate. So let's starts taking away marriage licenses to infertile couples. Also, test tube babies are against god's will. So, no marriage for those going that route.

Also, if the main reason for marriage is procreation, older, still virile men should not be allowed to marry women who have gone through menopause or going through menopause.

That's mainly the Catholic church that holds the procreation argument.  Most other churches make the "because it's gross" argument or point to the old testament, ignoring that the scriptures they so happily quote also ban divorce, state that you should marry your rapist, ban the wearing of mixed material clothing, tell women to keep their heads covered in church, tell women to be subservient to their man, and so on.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 10:51:19 »

But he's right.

Also, if the main reason for marriage is procreation, older, still virile men should not be allowed to marry women who have gone through menopause or going through menopause.

That's mainly the Catholic church that holds the procreation argument.  Most other churches make the "because it's gross" argument or point to the old testament, ignoring that the scriptures they so happily quote also ban divorce, state that you should marry your rapist, ban the wearing of mixed material clothing, tell women to keep their heads covered in church, tell women to be subservient to their man, and so on.

You mean there is hypocrisy in religion? Get out of here!

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
« Reply #194 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 11:17:23 »

This is not sound logic because procreation is not possible between two same sex people, therefore same sex couples cannot be wrong in the same way that incest resulting in pregnancy is wrong.

What can be inferred from what you're saying is that you believe sex for the sole purpose of enjoyment is wrong, and any time sex happens without the sincere intent of resulting in pregnancy is wrong. I do not agree with this.

Furthermore: you are neglecting to address the situation (which absolutely does occur) where two people of the same sex are involved in a relationship of the same nature as one might find in a marriage except that sex itself does not take place. You're trying to invalidate the emotional relationship due to not believing the physical relationship is valid.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 August 2015, 12:06:25 by kishy »
kishy.ca

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #195 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 12:21:56 »
My understanding of what he was saying is that if we are to believe that marriage and relationships are for procreation (which is a myopic and narrow point of view), then homosexuality would be objectively wrong since you cannot procreate in such a relationship.  You were making a point of genetics and the increased probability of problems arising in such a relationship, he was making a point of biology, stating that procreation is impossible in that kind of relationship.  Both are true facts and both are narrow, essentialist arguments that ignore the broader scope of the purpose that relationships serve.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #196 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 18:24:02 »
why is there talk about incest in here what the ****
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #197 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 18:30:49 »
Someone asked "If the gays can marry, why can't me and my sister?"
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #198 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 18:53:59 »
what even
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 18:54:52 »
what even
I mean not literally, it was marginally more reasonable sounding than that I think
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.