Author Topic: Welcome new members!  (Read 793124 times)

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: Welcome new members!
« Reply #750 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 10:35:38 »
Hello everyone,

I've been using a Leopold FC200RT TKL with Cherry browns for several years and decided it's time to try my hand at building my own TKL or 75% keeb.  Lots to learn ( and spend ), but so far this community has been great!

Phorx

Offline zhiyuaneer

« Reply #751 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 08:02:46 »
get the free :D :D :D

Offline E_rik

« Reply #752 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 08:24:31 »
After lurking around here, I finally decided to start building my own keyboard. Hello to you all!

Offline ayamterbang

« Reply #753 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 03:54:01 »
Hi Everyone, new member from the capital of ID.
Need to learn many things from the expert around the globe in this forum.
 :thumb:

Offline the_fascist

« Reply #754 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 21:49:03 »
-
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 January 2019, 16:41:04 by the_fascist »

Offline sokhibon

« Reply #755 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 21:55:26 »
New to the mechanical keyboard world.

Offline BinaryDigit

« Reply #756 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 09:36:33 »
HELLO! I'm Liz from NYC. I have Ducky Shine 3, and want to customize my first keyboard. Came here to get more info and such. Nice to meet you all  ;D

Offline logiauser

« Reply #757 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 15:27:31 »
Hi everyone.

I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to make an account.

My first decent keyboard was a Das Keyboard (Cherry MX brown) but I found that the long key travel didn't help with my knuckle pain (probably tendinitis in my knuckles). I transitioned to a Cherry G85 (Stream XT) which is a scissor switch keyboard. It's helped but I'm currently looking for another scissor switch keyboard with with a lower activation force (less than 50cN). Haven't had much luck, unfortunately :(

Nice to meet you all.

Offline Lormania

« Reply #758 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 20:36:49 »
Hi!

I am new to keebs. Mainly lurking in the r/mk and r/mm. I can already tell this will take over my life, looking forward to it :)

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #759 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 22:20:37 »
Hi there!

My name is Luis and I am from Brazil!
Got really into keebs not too long ago and am loving this community!

Offline r00t4bl3

« Reply #760 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 21:02:01 »
Hello,

I've seen some Youtube videos and read some articles about the greatness of mechanical keyboards. I didn't believe it so I decided to get one last week. My first keyboard is iKBC KD87 TKL with brown switches. After a week usage I know that what they say is real.

Offline DrJPMM

« Reply #761 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 18:33:51 »
Hi all,

Long time lurker finally made an account on here.

Offline JP

« Reply #762 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 01:12:52 »
Hi all,

Welcome Dr. JP
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #763 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 08:57:04 »
Hi all,

Welcome Dr. JP

:cool:

Offline KaidaT

• I'm new to keybs, but also excited??
« Reply #764 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 03:34:05 »
I used the same $30 membrane keyboard for years. I saw a picture of a beautiful keyboard setup a couple of montha ago and got hooked immediately.I recently picked up a Masterkeys Pro L with RGB/brown Mx switches. I absolutely love it!! Since I'm essentially a newbie to keyboards, I figured I should stop lurking and try to get involved.

I'm a writer and illuatrator, so trading my wallet and sore wrists for a sweet keeb was a no brainer, haha. Nice to meet you all!

Offline moosh223

« Reply #765 on: Mon, 30 April 2018, 12:47:10 »
Poor college student introduced to mechanical switches through razer (before they made their own switches standard).

65% is my dream

Still super new and have no idea what i want but the minute i have the money, itll be gone.

Teach me the ways xD

Offline Cheeks

« Reply #766 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 08:37:10 »
Glad to finally get into the keyboard world! I have a bad habit of collecting things, when I get one I get like 20. So obviously I will start my new obsession very soon. Currently typing on Consair Strafe RGB ( I know I know but don't worry, I'm only testing to see if I like the silent reds, this puppy is going back to Best Buy no worries!) but my Leopold FC900R two tone white with Cherry MX Red is in the mail and so close I can almost taste it!

Offline AaronBibby

« Reply #767 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 11:14:44 »
Hi, everyone! Newbie here. I'm glad to have found this great online keyboard community. I'm hoping to learn more and have fun with the other members here. Cheers! :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 May 2018, 06:08:15 by AaronBibby »

Offline kebodo

« Reply #768 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 13:31:13 »
more keebs, pls

Offline ClickityClock

« Reply #769 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 17:12:58 »
First off, welcome to the world of keyboards. There are two things you will discover quite shortly about keyboards and keyboarding related accessories: first, they are a moneypit. Your money? all gone. Second, they are awesome; you will be poor but happy.

OK, LOGISTICS: you are currently a New Member. That means you can view nearly all of the forums, and post replies, including attachments and videos, in every forum. There are a couple forums you can't see, but no worries, they're a bit like spamalot; they are silly places where only silly things are done. At some point (currently 50 100 60 posts, but subject to change without notice), you will join the ranks of the Full Members, soldiers of fortune who are allowed to submit NEW topics to the classifieds and group buy forums.

TL;DR YOU NEED AT LEAST 25 POSTS AND 60 DAYS OF MEMBERSHIP TO POST NEW TOPICS IN CLASSIFIEDS & GROUP BUYS  :-*

HOWEVER: do not think that you should simply spam your way up the clacker ladder. Your keyboard, as you will soon learn, is a refined tool only meant for the purest of thoughts. If ye spam, we will delete. Instead, have fun, ask questions, comment on demik's flatulence, etc. in short, LURK LESS! we welcome your input.

SO THEN: Welcome to geekhack! Have fun clacking! (and sorry about your wallet :D)

P.S. WalletHack is REAL, read more about it here: Unhacking the wallet in 2015 - confessions of an addict (warning: long)

Well damn! Had I known about these rules I would have created an account sooner. I just got into mechanical keyboarding a couple months ago and embarrassed to admit how many keyboards and how much money I've already spent.

Offline nyihtway81

« Reply #770 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 01:21:20 »
Hello geeks,

Greeting from Singapore. I'm recently interested in mechanical keyboards and bought a pre-built Magicforce 108 keys keyboard. Even though it is quite good, I'm never satisfied and it also not suited to my pc's theme. So, I turned into DIY solution. I found this forum and look forward to learn tips and tricks from u guys and build my custom keyboard.

Offline Deephouse_jedi

« Reply #771 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 14:26:55 »
Hey Everyone!!

Offline PoochZag

« Reply #772 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 12:08:05 »
Hello,

I've had a Ducky full sized board with mx Browns for many years, but didn't start trying new things and getting to this as a "hobby" until this year, so decided to finally sign up.

I have joined a group buy for keycaps, and am about to build my first board, a TADA68, so things are moving fast!

I really appreciate the wealth of information here
TX-CP, TX60, Campine Mk. III, Mira SE

Offline DormantLemon

« Reply #773 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 16:22:41 »
Hi everyone. Been registered coming on 2 years, been holding my VE.A close to my heart ever since
VE.A Silver | GMK Hyperfuse Origins
TGR Alice Pink | GMK Laser

Offline bigapplepietart

• Topre Convert
« Reply #774 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 19:26:36 »
Hello everyone! I joined this forum but haven't posted much.

My journey with keyboards began with a Razor Blackwidow Ultimate with Blues. I then sold that and used rubber domes for a while (big mistake) and last summer, I purchased a Leopold FC660M with Blues. I sold that to fund two new boards.

I'm currently putting together a KBDFans 8x TKL kit with Vintage Blacks (Spring Swapped to 62g Gold Springs), topped with GMK Honeywell and a matching cable and a GH60 rev. C with 62g lubed ergo clears with OG WoB Cherry caps.

I can't yet post on the classifieds, but I am searching for an OG Red Cherry Esc key if anyone knows where I can find one.
Current:
Palmetto (Ultraglides) | Heavy Grail (Purple DES V1) | hiney tkl one PC (Orange SKCM Alps) | Lunar II (Green SKCL Alps) | Sho S60 V2 (45g stock domes) | HHKB Hybrid Type-S

Past:
Razer Blackwidow (MX Blues) | FC660M (MX Blues) | GH60 (Ergo Clears) | 8x mkI (Vintage Blacks) | Klippe (Sakurios) | Equinox (Sakurios) | MGA (Silent Alpacas) | Kei (Creamsicles) | KFE CE (Alpacas) | Rukia R1 (Durock L7) | H60 (Silent Blacks) | E80-1800 (MX Blacks) | Ottantaquattro (Vintage Blacks) | hbcp (Vintage Blacks) | HHKB Pro 2 Stock (45g Topre) | ADK64 (Blue SKCM Alps)

Offline Acmak

« Reply #775 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 06:08:01 »
Hi guys! Trying to type this on my newly acquired Kinesis Advantage Pro! Geekhack has been a motivating factor in the decicion to get one.

Offline thecoolnerd

« Reply #776 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 13:45:10 »
Hi!! I'm new!

I've decided I want to build my first board. It started out that I was only needing one board (for my home office) but now I have decided that I require a minimum of four keebs, so I best get started!! I'm going for a 65%. I have purchased the switches and case thus far.

About me: Los Angeles area, loves coffee and gin (not together), graduate student.

Would life be better if we could hobby-craft our own cellphones?

Offline cod3ghoul

« Reply #777 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 20:05:52 »
Kon'nichiwa Sekai!! My first mechanical keyboard was a ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro with Cherry MX Red switches that I've been using mainly as my main gaming keyboard. However, two to three years ago I bought the Vortex POK3R with MX Clears. I love the clears a lot more than the reds. I use the Pok3r mainly when I'm coding and I use it at my full-time job as a network security engineer. I first came across geekhack.org just today as I was searching for custom keycaps so I can personalize my Pok3r.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say what's up to my new geekhack community!!

~ cod3ghoul

Offline Fanukem

« Reply #778 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 10:59:28 »
In my search for the holy grail of typing I came across this site and am on the hunt for my first mechanical keyboard- excited to be a part of this community!

Offline iaji

« Reply #779 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 01:11:27 »
Hello everyone,

I've been using IKBC C104 with MX blue switches and Ducky TKL with MX greens. So far, I'm enjoying typing with these two keyboards.

Currently, I'm researching on how should I build my next keyboard. At the moment, I've purchased a few planks of wood and sculpting chisels because I want to actually exercise my hands-eyes coordination by chiseling my keyboard.

iaji

Offline Molinarius

« Reply #780 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 11:43:10 »
Thanks for the welcome as well as the technical advice! I attach a photo of my now up and running Mac-modified IBM Model F.

Offline BrotherBobwhite

« Reply #781 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 21:27:17 »
Well howdy. Some of you all may have seen this already, but I built an Atreus kit the other day - my first mechanical keyboard and my first ergonomic keyboard. I'm still getting used to the form factor, but I've been enjoying it so far! I've documented some of the build here -> https://imgur.com/gallery/AlMRM5i, but if anyone has any unanswered questions, I'm happy to fill you in.

Offline gingalad34

« Reply #782 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 04:07:15 »
Hi everyone! It's so nice to be part of a community that's as excited about everything keyboard as I am, as we keyboard enthusiasts are few and far between!

Offline SinjiOnO

« Reply #783 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 19:30:33 »
Hi there,

I've been a long time lurker and actively participating in this hobby for the past 3 months. Wanted to say hi and wish you all a nice day. Cheers.

Offline mbardeen

« Reply #784 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 11:46:28 »
Howdy folks...

Long time keyboarder (started out with an original 5150 Model F), first time poster.

I've been using a Model M since the late 90s. I currently own 4 Ms and 2 Fs, a F107 and a F122. Also awaiting my F77 from Ellipse.

Offline sunnytime

• :B
« Reply #785 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 20:05:44 »
Hello! I'm new and I just wanted to share to you guys my keyboard~  :D

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #786 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 20:32:51 »
Hello! I'm new and I just wanted to share to you guys my keyboard~  :D

Welcome to GH!

Offline helenalife02

« Reply #787 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 03:09:11 »
Hey guys! ;D

I'm looking for the best key cap artists in the business! I just bought a pretty cheap corse air mechanical keyboard, and after looking at key caps on Ebay, I wanted to reach out to someone and throw some ideas around. I currently have access to a large amount of natural sapphires (cut and rough). I bet they would look great in some of these amazing designs you guys have. Im not much of a jewelry salesman but Im gonna learn today!

If anyone is interested or can point me in the direction of a professional I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Ps not much of a forum guy so I apologize if I went about this the wrong way. Pretty excited to see what I can bring to the community.

Offline Michka

« Reply #788 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 09:31:00 »
Hi there,
I'm kind of an "oldschool-er" near my 50's much typing oriented than gaming, i recently get a macbook pro 13 no touch bar with (what could probably be called) the worst keyboard ever. That makes me realized how great was these things in the good old days... from this point i managed to get back the IBM Model M i was using like 30 years ago ? Wash it up (the dish washer was partly involve in the operation) bought a ps/2 usb adapter and put it behind my macbook pro (the keyboard is heavier than the mac).
This set my work environment but at home, with a family, the buckling spring could be kind of a deal breaker, don't miss that there is "catastrophically" in the patent text ( https://patents.google.com/patent/US3699296 ).
So the other keyboard i was using back then was the mechanical apple's one. I still have an "Apple Standard Keyboard" somewhere and was looking for it when i "dig up" a treasure : a douzain of Apple Extended Keyboard II (French layout and used for the most part but 3 brand new untouched International layout meaning qwerty english).These keyboard are ALPS mechanical either Cream or white, damped, perfect for home usage (wife compatible).
Still to get these to work on the today's machintosh, i had to find an interface... from adb to usb.
After looking the imate on ebay, the woombat https://www.bigmessowires.com/usb-wombat/, the drakware https://drakware.com/product/ADB2USB, the inspiration went finally from this forum (and i must pay tribute to Hasu... https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3412 ) i got a teensy 2.0 and MiniDin4 connector from Reichelt https://www.reichelt.com ,  and begun my journey into micro controller world.
Still have 2 more teensy++ 2.0 incoming from china and probably will test with digispark attiny85 kind of board.
I felt ready to share.... and happy to see a healthy community of keyboard enthusiast in the "young" generation.
Cheers
Apple - AK M0117F Alps SKCM Salmon - AEK M0115F Alps SKCM Orange - AEK II M3501F Alps SKCM White - IBM - Model M french Layout.

Offline jasondecos

« Reply #789 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 08:06:20 »
Love being the good contributor fo this online community.
Husband and Father of 2 kids who love banging my pc.

Offline 3tonjack

« Reply #790 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 21:15:34 »
It's a jungle out there but a whole 'nother world in here. 

« Reply #791 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 19:05:20 »
Hey-oo. I'm Eric and I'm a keeb enthusiast and budding keycap designer. My background is in Human Centered Design so I feel like it was only a matter of time for me to discover the world of mechanical keyboards and to actually set out and design/build my own.

I've heard of geekhack for a little while now and today I finally decided to stop lurking and join in on the fun.

Offline Ugarinino

« Reply #792 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 05:56:47 »
Awesome forum!
Hi to all :)

Offline rajesh sharma

• thetechmirror.com
« Reply #793 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 06:18:16 »
am new member also  ;)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #794 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 14:39:01 »
Not a new member , but just saying welcome to all the new members.

Offline Forastero

« Reply #795 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 13:01:55 »
Hello everyone! My name is Max, I'm a long time designer and retro design enthusiast. Discovered this forum while my keyboard design history research. It's really great to find so many keyboard-lovers and experts. Got some interesting keyboards to share with you guys :-)

Offline gord

« Reply #796 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 17:56:46 »
Greetings! I really like the modularity of modern mechanical keyboards and the kinds of grassroots, community-driven projects that enables. I've been interested in keyboards for a few years but have stuck to buying them fully assembled (first an Ergodox EZ, and later a K-Type) - now, knowing the joys of a vertical column layout from the Ergodox, I'm gearing up to design and build a modified-ANSI-ish ortholinear layout from scratch. Given all the great resources here I figured it would make sense to register!

Offline zralph19

« Reply #797 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 16:15:45 »
Hi everyone! New to this forum, but been into mechs for a while now. Absolutely loving the hobby, and all the excitement that comes with trying out new switches, getting new artisans, or pretty much anything keyboard related. At the moment my favorite switches are Retooled blacks but i really want to try out some gat yellows.

Offline Gh0sty

« Reply #798 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 15:56:13 »
Hi all!

New to the site, not so new to mechanical keyboards. However, wanted to dig deeper due to having become increasingly interested in the world of keycap sets and artisan keycaps. Looking forward to interacting with others that share the same interests/passions here on geekhack!

-Gh0sty

Offline wokees

« Reply #799 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 07:08:59 »
Hello,
I'm new here and new to all that stuff related to mechanical keyboards.
I started around 2-3 weeks ago with some cheap keyboard using gateron switches, to test idea of using that kind of keyboard. I have Matias Tactile Pro at work now and AEK II is in transit so I'll play with teensy and keyboard clean-up ideas in couple of weeks.

Have a nice day,
Sebastian
Matias Tactile Pro PC | HHKB Pro 2 | Dell AT101W | AEK II | SPC Gear GK530 (Kailh Brown)