Author Topic: [GB] GMK Classic Beige  (Read 194086 times)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: [GB] GMK Classic Beige
« Reply #550 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 13:59:53 »
Well, I guess we should at least try it.

I am really surprised though that not even the spacebars hit MOQ. In Ivan's GBs those normally hit MOQ first because people always have a use for them.

I could afford another set for resale later. If enough other members could help as well, we might have a chance  :thumb:

If I'm unable to joint this week I'd be interested in an extra set of yours if you order all three. If not, I'm going to hope this gets an extension, but I'm sure my one order won't help any.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #551 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 14:17:08 »
just posted again on reddit. hopefully if more people see it, we can generate more interest

Offline beltet

« Reply #552 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 15:17:48 »
I can add another set aswell I think.

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #553 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 15:23:59 »
I'm all about making this happen too. If we go worst case scenario i will add another set of each. you know that these are going to be really easy to unload in the future.

photekq,

if you want to extend the deadline i think we could make it.

cheers,

K

Topre REALFORCE

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #554 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 17:12:12 »
From the current numbers, it doesn't look like it is worth it to extend the deadline. I am sure there will probably be a small surge in the next week as people try to hype it but it will die out quickly. I would still love to see this set but it just looks as if the keyboard community needs a break for $100+ GMK sets right now.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #555 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 18:02:53 »
From the current numbers, it doesn't look like it is worth it to extend the deadline. I am sure there will probably be a small surge in the next week as people try to hype it but it will die out quickly. I would still love to see this set but it just looks as if the keyboard community needs a break for $100+ GMK sets right now.

Shame.

so, will this be postponed, or completely dropped until a later time?

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #556 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 18:07:57 »
Here are the reasons I didn't join: (Apologies if they are hard to hear, I know putting a lot of effort into something and seeing it fail is hard)
1) Major - No bumped F/J's (Very Major for me)
2) Minor - 1.25 keycap is "Control" - "Ctrl" is better (Major for me)
3) No FOMO - since people advertised the order_id's, I waited until the last moment to join for an Extras pack but since MOQ wasn't near, I didn't join
Possible reasons for others:
4) Cumulative GMK availability - Many GMK sets are available already - GMK TA's dilute the second-hand market
5) GMK is slow, didn't want to wait 2-4 months for a set I'm not extremely enthusiastic about
5) No colors - Adding 1-2 unique colored keycaps would trigger interest for everyone

Bonus: a 1.5 blank would be great in the extras, things like these come in handy in the future, the purple mods have it, the originative dolch extras have it, I use it for several different purposes (very very Minor)

If (1) existed, I would definitely join for at least 2 sets and 3 extras, probably 5 spacebars
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #557 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 18:12:53 »
Here are the reasons I didn't join: (Apologies if they are hard to hear, I know putting a lot of effort into something and seeing it fail is hard)
3) No FOMO - since people advertised the order_id's, I waited until the last moment to join for an Extras pack but since MOQ wasn't near, I didn't join
4) Cumulative GMK availability - Many GMK sets are available already - GMK TA's dilute the second-hand market
5) GMK is slow, didn't want to wait 2-4 months for a set I'm not extremely enthusiastic about
5) No colors - Adding 1-2 unique colored keycaps would trigger interest for everyone

Bonus: a 1.5 blank would be great in the extras, things like these come in handy in the future, the purple mods have it, the originative dolch extras have it, I use it for several different purposes (very very Minor)

If (1) existed, I would definitely join for at least 2 sets and 3 extras, probably 5 spacebars

Does bumped F/J GMK cap even exist?
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #558 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 18:25:38 »

Yes, bumped, nippled, they all exist

Yet GB runners explicitly don't add them as they don't think they will increase the numbers
Indeed, many people don't care, but our numbers are growing
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #559 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 20:09:51 »

Yet GB runners explicitly don't add them as they don't think they will increase the numbers
if this F/J change from deep groove to  bumped nipple, i think i definitely cancel my two sets . thank you for alert me

Offline shower_king

« Reply #560 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 20:20:22 »
Sorry to discuss about associate this classic beige with skidata replic and making them become a complete one set. then Classic beige will come true without MOQ, let's try it ,please.
If it's true, that'd be great! If Kaura/Photekq can make that happen!

I don't understand how this could help in anyway. Combining two sets doesn't make it cheaper.

To me it's pretty obvious that most people are not willing to pay a premium price for a premium set.

If Classic Beige was a 50$ JTK set we probably would have reached MOQ already...

sorry to mislead you into misunderstanding.
Making the skidata and classic beige a complete order, everyone could just only buy skidata, and not buy classic beige. when skidata reach MOQ(250), the classic beige need no moq, they could be produced at 100 sets. OK, you don't buy classic beige and skidata mod pack, you just buy skidata main set.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 September 2015, 20:22:38 by shower_king »

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #561 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 20:25:19 »

if this F/J change from deep groove to  bumped nipple, i think i definitely cancel my two sets . thank you for alert me

shower_king big god haha.

I personally don't have any preference. But I do understand some people might prefer the more "vintage" scooped style.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #562 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 00:50:19 »

lol Sounds like some sort of cult.

I think some of the points you raised  are valid, but unfortunately it is hard to know why some buys don't go ahead. I've found myself financially stretched as of late, so my reason is very simple. I probably won't be able to commit to this, SKIDATA+, that cool LEGO set, or a number of others.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #563 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 01:20:54 »

I think some of the points you raised  are valid, but unfortunately it is hard to know why some buys don't go ahead. I've found myself financially stretched as of late, so my reason is very simple. I probably won't be able to commit to this, SKIDATA+, that cool LEGO set, or a number of others.

Yeah likewise here. It's a beautiful set, and I have no issues with any of the layout choices/homing keys etc, but with Australian dollar's state right now, and the shipping cost to Aus, the price for the base + extra set is just too high for me.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #564 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 02:16:45 »
I'm going to be really really sad if this doesn't go through

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #565 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 02:24:26 »
I am really surprised though that not even the spacebars hit MOQ. In Ivan's GBs those normally hit MOQ first because people always have a use for them.

True. 

Gonna be really sad if this doesn't happen.  It has the perfect selection of caps in the best color scheme.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline jaffers

« Reply #566 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 02:32:38 »
Legit. If I get my money refunded I'm just going to go to the bottle

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #567 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 03:44:35 »

True. 

Gonna be really sad if this doesn't happen.  It has the perfect selection of caps in the best color scheme.

Just reality of life here on Geekhack.

You wouldn't believe the large number of failed GMK sets over the years..........

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #568 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 04:18:05 »

True. 

Just reality of life here on Geekhack.

You wouldn't believe the large number of failed GMK sets over the years..........
I think the main problem is that lately there are an abundance of GMK buys and the interest is diluted. People just can't buy that many expensive GMK sets :( We've seen the same with Miami Nights, it barely hit MOQ. In the old days you had 1 GMK GB in a year and a couple of SP GB's and that was it. Now you have even 2 buys in parallel and the huge GMK MOQ doesn't help either.
I'm speaking as an outsider because for me beige doesn't do it the brightest I can go is HyperFuse, but that's beyond the point. 
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #569 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 07:26:47 »

Yeah likewise here. It's a beautiful set, and I have no issues with any of the layout choices/homing keys etc, but with Australian dollar's state right now, and the shipping cost to Aus, the price for the base + extra set is just too high for me.

Yep I've had to cut down a bit on the GMK buys as well given the state of the AUD - a base set plus extras now goes for something like 220 after converting  :'(

Maybe Malky can bring our exchange rate back up haha

Offline Orca

« Reply #570 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 09:14:20 »

Yep I've had to cut down a bit on the GMK buys as well given the state of the AUD - a base set plus extras now goes for something like 220 after converting  :'(

same reason im not joining...

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #571 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 10:13:53 »

same reason im not joining...

But I joined :(

Offline jamster

« Reply #572 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 10:51:17 »
I was considering joining this, but have been so busy this month that I never got the time to figure out if the set would work with a weird Cherry AZERTY/ISO 1800 board that I have, and also thought the buy closed at the end of the month. Bugger.

I really do like the very old school colour scheme without bright colours slapped all over it.

Offline SL89

« Reply #573 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 11:03:51 »
Even if it doesnt happen now. I'm sure it will at some point. Photekq has been sitting on this a while.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #574 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 11:45:06 »
Even if it doesnt happen now. I'm sure it will at some point. Photekq has been sitting on this a while.

I really hope so.
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline jd29

« Reply #575 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 12:02:09 »
I thought my stock caps were fairly thick, but I got a few vintage Cherry lasered caps and the difference is night and day. It's a shame this buy is having trouble. I'll echo Khan in that I hope the Control key is Ctrl in the next go round, if there is one.

You might also add a couple of unique Esc keys or something that complement the beige to help promote the extras set, but what do I know.

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #576 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 20:54:20 »
I totally spaced on this one; just put my order in now!
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline shower_king

« Reply #577 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 02:25:17 »
i have sent a email to GMK to ask whether we could add classic beige to skidata replic set and make the classic beige happen at just 100 sets and have no adverse effect on skitdata replic set when skidata reach MOQ.
i am awaiting for GMK to reply.

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #578 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 02:54:46 »
i have sent a email to GMK to ask whether we could add classic beige to skidata replic set and make the classic beige happen at just 100 sets and have no adverse effect on skitdata replic set when skidata reach MOQ.

(y). Good news everyone >:<. I hope so :D

Offline jaffers

« Reply #579 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 06:32:37 »
If the GB doesn't go through after this email, I'd probably like my money refunded ASAP to buy the danger zone GB on massdrop

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #580 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 09:00:29 »
Does this mean Classic Beige would stay open until Skidata is done?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #581 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 09:17:15 »

Don't you think photek should be asking that question of GMK?

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #582 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 09:29:43 »

Exactly what I was about to say Hoff.   This is his GB.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #583 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 09:39:13 »
Yeah, but where is photekq?

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #584 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 11:11:59 »
Yeah, at this point, I'd like my $$$ back as well.  :(

Offline kekstee

« Reply #585 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 15:19:24 »
Yeah, don't go forward with things like that, especially since I expect the problem isn't the whole order size but rather each colour changed production run.
The reason for this to be rather low demand is just people being money starved and classic being a set you can still harvest the easiest. It just doesn't get the appreciation it deservers, yet.

Offline shower_king

« Reply #586 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 20:17:45 »

OK,i won't ask that ,i gave up ,this is your group buy ,not mine . i won't show and discuss any question about this. and cancel my order ,you are great . fabulous.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #587 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 20:50:58 »
Good business etiquette demands one communication channel; thus, the GB leader is that channel with GMK. There is no need for the rest in the GB to jump and take over the communication with the manufacturer, that just may complicate the issue unnecessarily.

In the other hand, to remain in the GB or request a reimbursement of money already paid is at the discretion of each buyer; but, there is no need to make that public, it could be handle directly with the GB leader.

Most fellows here behave maturely regardless of age. From time to time some juvenile conduct is observed, fortunately it happens very rarely.

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #588 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 21:11:01 »
How in the world can this set not hit moq is beyond me. 

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #589 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 21:13:01 »
How in the world can this set not hit moq is beyond me.

Maybe timing, combined with more offer of GMK made sets recently, than usual; that means, emptied wallets.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #590 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 21:19:36 »
Guys I think we just put Potek through college.

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #591 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 21:35:25 »

I don't think so, Photeqk is trustworthy. 

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #592 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 05:31:08 »

Eh 100-150 orders isn't really that much cash

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #593 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 07:54:58 »
A brief note form the GB leader may help to dissipate the fellows' nervousness.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #594 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 08:46:47 »

I don't think anyone has reason to worry - photekq is pretty established here

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #595 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 08:57:27 »

Well, some comments in the thread do not reflect that; besides, even for well established people, communication makes no harm.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #596 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 09:03:33 »

Well, some comments in the thread do not reflect that; besides, even for well established people, communication makes no harm.
He hasn't posted in a while. Anyone heard from him?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #597 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 09:09:52 »

I haven't, but I also haven't tried.  I suspect he's busy with school right about now.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #598 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 09:11:45 »
Talked with him in the week on the skypes, he's moving to uni or something like that.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #599 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 09:13:20 »

I haven't, but I also haven't tried.  I suspect he's busy with school right about now.

The forum shows him as online and viewing this board right now, or is that now how that feature works?