Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 863364 times)

Offline JayZz

Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #4500 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 05:30:18 »
I play DOTA 2 and CS:GO mostly, love both

Offline WholesomeDucky

• lemme get uhhhhhhhhhhhhh bread
« Reply #4501 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 07:48:14 »
My previous statement is where my approval for Nintendo both begins and ends. I loved their games on the 64. The 64, for the time, had good specs, a ... usable (for the time) controller. Certainly better than having no stick at all, like the PS1 started out with. It had good third party developer support as well. I soured on them with the GC, and it only got worse from there. SSB: Melee is probably one of the best games I have ever played, Animal Crossing was great, but that console was a turd, the controller was even worse, there weren't enough third party titles. I saw Zelda on that platform and had to ask myself how much the franchise had actually improved since Ocarina of Time. There were better controllers, features, and more good games elsewhere. Our GC was soon relegated to a corner and has seen very little use since.

Then the overpriced gimmicks began. The Wii was literally a GC with an overclocked GPU in a white box with a gimmicky light gun ... which sold like hotcakes for way, way too much money. Third party development was abysmal, it supported only analogue outputs in 480p in a field filled with 1080p HDMI consoles. By that time, I had HD displays and knew how much literally physically nicer on the eyes it was to have 1080i or 1080p vs 480p, especially if you were connecting to a modern digital tv with an analogue Wii. (1080i is still beautiful on a CRT today).

The Wii U was basically the Wii ... with a tri core version of the same CPU they had been dredging along since the GC, and horrendous internal storage with a giant brick of a touchscreen controller ... thing, and a modest GPU upgrade.

Now, the Switch is literally a first generation Nvidia Shield with some gimmicky bluetooth controllers slapped on the sides.

The bang for your buck (and usability without infuriating gimmicks) started to slip in the early 2000s, third party development slid just about continuously downhill at the same time as well. I can't speak for the 1st party games anymore. I'm sure they're great ... but they don't look too different from the revolution that they were with the emergence of 3D in the 90s.

I know many still value handhelds/mobile gaming (as it would be called now), and I can't speak to that at all. I was tired of handhelds by the mid 2000s ... and traded in my GBA for the first true Battlefront game. I have no regrets.

I don't like Nintendo as a company (I did, long ago). I consider them to be the Apple corporation of gaming, though I imagine the first party titles are probably at least worth owning, which does give them a leg up over Apple in my eyes.

One of the switch's biggest wins has been the return of strong third party support. I certainly don't think the specs are good, sure, but that's what I have a PC for. Having that first-gen Tegra might be weak, but it also provides the switch with something a lot of consoles thus far haven't gotten - developers already being intimately familiar with the hardware.

Incredibly strong specs mean absolutely nothing if the platform is hard to develop for (almost solely why the PS3 flopped as hard as it did). Switch has gotten games so far that many people believed it would never be able to run. Doom 2016 and the new Wolfenstein games come to mind (With a Doom: Eternal port on the way).

I also was losing faith in Nintendo, thinking a new Zelda and Mario were all they had to offer, but I'll say this: Even though Breath of the Wild is easily the best Zelda game I've ever played, and Mario Oddysey was great, they have MASSIVELY stepped it up with third party support. Plenty of big games have come to the system (The Witcher 3, Id Software's games, The Outer Worlds, Rocket League, etc) The controllers are...interesting. Kinda gimmicky, but usable (although a non-Joycon is definitely a good idea for any serious play).

I definitely wasn't a big Wii fan, and the Wii U was unquestionably a disappointment. I was definitely in the same camp as you are, but if you travel at all (I do for work sometimes, usually about a month at a time) I would recommend looking into it a little more. Yes, it's weak, and Nintendo is still completely braindead when it comes to online/social features, but it's not terribly expensive and the amount of good games may surprise you.

That said, be careful with the eShop. The games on there are 80% shovelware  :p
12 years of spending money on typing

"Name checks out" -Kustoms, 2020

Discord:wholesomeducky
Inbox always open, for whatever reason.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4502 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 10:41:14 »
I've recently moved back to playing Destiny 2 alot more again, and I forgot how much fun it can be.  CoD:MW gets boring over-time, especially if I finish a season's tasks w/in a few weeks and still have another month or so to go.  Also R6S has become broken in match to the point I don't find it enjoyable as much as I use to.  I mainly play shooters, but will occasionally play some adventure based game to take a break from my onslaught of shooters.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4503 on: Mon, 03 August 2020, 12:11:47 »
My previous statement is where my approval for Nintendo both begins and ends. I loved their games on the 64. The 64, for the time, had good specs, a ... usable (for the time) controller. Certainly better than having no stick at all, like the PS1 started out with. It had good third party developer support as well. I soured on them with the GC, and it only got worse from there. SSB: Melee is probably one of the best games I have ever played, Animal Crossing was great, but that console was a turd, the controller was even worse, there weren't enough third party titles. I saw Zelda on that platform and had to ask myself how much the franchise had actually improved since Ocarina of Time. There were better controllers, features, and more good games elsewhere. Our GC was soon relegated to a corner and has seen very little use since.

Then the overpriced gimmicks began. The Wii was literally a GC with an overclocked GPU in a white box with a gimmicky light gun ... which sold like hotcakes for way, way too much money. Third party development was abysmal, it supported only analogue outputs in 480p in a field filled with 1080p HDMI consoles. By that time, I had HD displays and knew how much literally physically nicer on the eyes it was to have 1080i or 1080p vs 480p, especially if you were connecting to a modern digital tv with an analogue Wii. (1080i is still beautiful on a CRT today).

The Wii U was basically the Wii ... with a tri core version of the same CPU they had been dredging along since the GC, and horrendous internal storage with a giant brick of a touchscreen controller ... thing, and a modest GPU upgrade.

Now, the Switch is literally a first generation Nvidia Shield with some gimmicky bluetooth controllers slapped on the sides.

The bang for your buck (and usability without infuriating gimmicks) started to slip in the early 2000s, third party development slid just about continuously downhill at the same time as well. I can't speak for the 1st party games anymore. I'm sure they're great ... but they don't look too different from the revolution that they were with the emergence of 3D in the 90s.

I know many still value handhelds/mobile gaming (as it would be called now), and I can't speak to that at all. I was tired of handhelds by the mid 2000s ... and traded in my GBA for the first true Battlefront game. I have no regrets.

I don't like Nintendo as a company (I did, long ago). I consider them to be the Apple corporation of gaming, though I imagine the first party titles are probably at least worth owning, which does give them a leg up over Apple in my eyes.

One of the switch's biggest wins has been the return of strong third party support. I certainly don't think the specs are good, sure, but that's what I have a PC for. Having that first-gen Tegra might be weak, but it also provides the switch with something a lot of consoles thus far haven't gotten - developers already being intimately familiar with the hardware.

Incredibly strong specs mean absolutely nothing if the platform is hard to develop for (almost solely why the PS3 flopped as hard as it did). Switch has gotten games so far that many people believed it would never be able to run. Doom 2016 and the new Wolfenstein games come to mind (With a Doom: Eternal port on the way).

I also was losing faith in Nintendo, thinking a new Zelda and Mario were all they had to offer, but I'll say this: Even though Breath of the Wild is easily the best Zelda game I've ever played, and Mario Oddysey was great, they have MASSIVELY stepped it up with third party support. Plenty of big games have come to the system (The Witcher 3, Id Software's games, The Outer Worlds, Rocket League, etc) The controllers are...interesting. Kinda gimmicky, but usable (although a non-Joycon is definitely a good idea for any serious play).

I definitely wasn't a big Wii fan, and the Wii U was unquestionably a disappointment. I was definitely in the same camp as you are, but if you travel at all (I do for work sometimes, usually about a month at a time) I would recommend looking into it a little more. Yes, it's weak, and Nintendo is still completely braindead when it comes to online/social features, but it's not terribly expensive and the amount of good games may surprise you.

That said, be careful with the eShop. The games on there are 80% shovelware  :p

I heard as much about Breath of the Wild, though it is still sitting in a bag with my brother's Wii U on the floor of my room. He just came over and left it for me to play. Some day, maybe. I had heard about some title ports, is it anywhere near the number of titles available on other platforms though?

I don't like paying the Nintendo or Apple taxes. If I ever do get a Switch, it will be for a fraction of its retail price, as it should be. I didn't even get a Wii until my Gamestop Powerup Rewards points were expiring or something and there happened to be a smoking deal on a used Wii. I figured it could be a dedicated House of the Dead machine, since its only real novel use would be light gun games with an LCD display. I hope, mostly for the laughs, that somebody gets Nintendo's operating system running on a 1st generation shield. Then I couldn't help myself but get an old shield.

This is coming from somebody who doesn't really buy consoles at all anymore though. I got an XB1 with shipping damage for cheap soon after launch just to try to case mod it into an old 80s VCR ... since that's what they already look like. I never did finish that mod, so it is just a banged up inner metal shell with none of the touch buttons attached. The few times I used it, I would power it on with the controller and/or control its functions by shorting the right pin on the daughterboard on the front.

I basically never travel unless visiting my best friend, and for that I have a gaming laptop.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4504 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 20:04:37 »
I've recently moved back to playing Destiny 2 alot more again, and I forgot how much fun it can be.  CoD:MW gets boring over-time, especially if I finish a season's tasks w/in a few weeks and still have another month or so to go.  Also R6S has become broken in match to the point I don't find it enjoyable as much as I use to.  I mainly play shooters, but will occasionally play some adventure based game to take a break from my onslaught of shooters.

How do people not get bored of looter shooters its basically like playing a dungeon crawler over and over again but with the same layout

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4505 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 21:11:45 »

How do people not get bored of looter shooters its basically like playing a dungeon crawler over and over again but with the same layout

How I feel about every online game. Especially MOBAs and competitive shooters, how can people stand playing the exact same scenario over and over and over?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4506 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 06:25:14 »
How I feel about every online game. Especially MOBAs and competitive shooters, how can people stand playing the exact same scenario over and over and over?

The general consensus is, we're suppose to play that between ages 12-24, then stop playing, get a job, raise children, finally die w/ cancer+heartdisease.

However, due to the inefficiencies of oligarchy, many are lost in the void.

The gud' news is, Eating 100% Veggies fixes the worst final disease outcomes. Giving you even m0ar opportunity to Vidya.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #4507 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 18:35:57 »
I went back and played Doom 2016 on Nightmare over the last month, and it was a piece of cake compared to Doom Eternal on Nightmare, laughably easier almost.

I started The Ancient Gods - Part I DLC, and holy God, it's hard. I'm not even very far into it, and every encounter feels like hardest one yet, and I've read it only gets worse later in the game.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4508 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 19:40:55 »
I went back and played Doom 2016 on Nightmare over the last month, and it was a piece of cake compared to Doom Eternal on Nightmare, laughably easier almost.

I started The Ancient Gods - Part I DLC, and holy God, it's hard. I'm not even very far into it, and every encounter feels like hardest one yet, and I've read it only gets worse later in the game.

Tp4 still hasn't playzed eternal yet.  saving $bux.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4509 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 19:58:09 »

well it sucks so save your $

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #4510 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 20:25:42 »
I started playing Dune Legacy - Dune 2 remastered version.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #4511 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 00:51:46 »

dude Eternal isn't even fun anymore on Nightmare

i got too annoyed to even bother finishing it...
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 October 2020, 00:54:17 by hwood34 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Kavik

« Reply #4512 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 16:36:58 »

well it sucks so save your $

HARD disagree! Doom Eternal is the most fun I've had with a game in a while. If you liked Doom 2016, you will like Eternal even more. 2016 feels slow in comparison, and you can't just get infinite ammo with the Mobile Turret or Gauss Cannon's Siege Mode anymore. It's much more frantic and takes a bit of strategy.

On the other hand, the DLC was designed by a sadist.

dude Eternal isn't even fun anymore on Nightmare

i got too annoyed to even bother finishing it...

It took me about two months to beat it, but I enjoyed it throughout. Are you playing on PC or console? I can't imagine playing it with a controller.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4513 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 09:16:18 »
Gonna wait till it's a bit lower ~$5 like Doo2016

Offline diazel

« Reply #4514 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 18:06:05 »
Holy hell. I just noticed this thread was started in 2009. That's nuts.

That said, right now Among Us and chess mostly. Previously big on Overwatch and Rocket League. All time favorite though is 7 Days to Die.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4515 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 20:55:21 »
Got Ghosts of Tsushima and returned it after just 1.5 hours. It is a beautiful game but there's nothing to do in it. There's this entire crafted world you can spend hours running around in doing absolutely nothing at all.

I genuinely don't understand why studios put all this time and effort into making a huge intricate world and then just make it grippingly boring with nothing to do. Just like GTA and RDR, same issue. Beautiful worlds with nothing to do. Such a waste.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4516 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 10:54:55 »
They made guilty gear for gameboy advance.  LOLOL. arguably best fighter on the platform.

SF alpha 3 is pretty gud, better graphics buh game play is a bit more dry.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #4517 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 00:12:52 »
Got Ghosts of Tsushima and returned it after just 1.5 hours. It is a beautiful game but there's nothing to do in it. There's this entire crafted world you can spend hours running around in doing absolutely nothing at all.

I genuinely don't understand why studios put all this time and effort into making a huge intricate world and then just make it grippingly boring with nothing to do. Just like GTA and RDR, same issue. Beautiful worlds with nothing to do. Such a waste.

This is why I tend to stay away from games that are billed as "open world" or "sandbox" or that have a "crafting" mechanic. The last time I found anything similar interesting was Fallout 3 (and for a bit 4), but, even in Fallout games, I can only go through so many buildings and desk drawers looking for items.

Offline Alga

« Reply #4518 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 02:51:28 »
I'm currently playing Zelda BOTW. I love the cartoonie way it looks, how masive the world is and that you can go to almost anywhere in it from the begining. I can just spend hours waltzing around looking at things, climbing mountains, killing monsters, looking for stuff.... And I'm playing it in a wide screen wich makes it al the better.

The best game I've played though is Horizon Zero Dawn. That is just FU****** impresive. History, design, enviroment, character... Fighting those giant robots it's nuts. Let's see how the part 2 looks.

And I'll soon grab a copy of the Death Stranding too.

I love open worlds and basking in them.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4519 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 08:44:51 »
I'm currently playing Zelda BOTW. I love the cartoonie way it looks, how masive the world is and that you can go to almost anywhere in it from the begining. I can just spend hours waltzing around looking at things, climbing mountains, killing monsters, looking for stuff.... And I'm playing it in a wide screen wich makes it al the better.

The best game I've played though is Horizon Zero Dawn. That is just FU****** impresive. History, design, enviroment, character... Fighting those giant robots it's nuts. Let's see how the part 2 looks.

BotW is the primary reason why I want to get a switch, along with playing the Mario remakes and newest title - I was able to try it out at a friend's house which made me want it more.  Also I know my son would highly enjoy the Switch as the only Nintendo system he's had access to is the Wii (he loves the sword fighting in the Resort "game" - its funny having a 5yr old beat your butt at it and he rages when he doesn't win against the AI (but he's playing at Master level).

Offline phinix

« Reply #4520 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 09:02:00 »

Is that Horizon ZD that good? I was going to play it lately, just waiting for new GPU...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Alga

« Reply #4521 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 09:59:28 »

Is that Horizon ZD that good? I was going to play it lately, just waiting for new GPU...

In my opinion it is. The story is nice and well though, Alloy is an amazing main character, the world is quite cool and diverse, the combat system... You need to enjoy the long range fights because your main weapon is an arch, specially for big machines, but you can fight close quarters too with grenades styles wheapons

It has the issues of mothern open world games though. Many pointless side quests, if you want to play in some degree of dificulty you have to farm (but there is "pure" history mode), it repeates many formulas like the skill trees, the towers in order to open the map, treasure hunting, some dungeon stuff...

But I totally recomend if you don't have issues with open worlds. I'm waiting to buy a 70" tv to play it again   ;D ;D

Offline Alga

« Reply #4522 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 10:11:56 »

BotW is the primary reason why I want to get a switch, along with playing the Mario remakes and newest title - I was able to try it out at a friend's house which made me want it more.  Also I know my son would highly enjoy the Switch as the only Nintendo system he's had access to is the Wii (he loves the sword fighting in the Resort "game" - its funny having a 5yr old beat your butt at it and he rages when he doesn't win against the AI (but he's playing at Master level).

I've been keeping tabs in the price of the Swich and it's just ridonculus. They NEVER go down, not even second hand. People selling cracked consoles banned from Nintendo for more than a new one. IMO and just for what the hardware is, it's not worth the money unless it goes down. It has its niche, and it's people who travel frequently i'd say (i keep kids out because they can get bored of anything in 5). And the you have the prices of the games... let's not go there  :rolleyes:

Zelda is the only game i REAAAALLY wanted to play, so that's why I play it in PC. Many of the rest of the library you can find for PC too, so it doesn't make much sense for me anymore.

But you having a kid it's something you two could enjoy together and have good times with coop games and stuff

Offline phinix

« Reply #4523 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 13:48:41 »

In my opinion it is. The story is nice and well though, Alloy is an amazing main character, the world is quite cool and diverse, the combat system... You need to enjoy the long range fights because your main weapon is an arch, specially for big machines, but you can fight close quarters too with grenades styles wheapons

It has the issues of mothern open world games though. Many pointless side quests, if you want to play in some degree of dificulty you have to farm (but there is "pure" history mode), it repeates many formulas like the skill trees, the towers in order to open the map, treasure hunting, some dungeon stuff...

But I totally recomend if you don't have issues with open worlds. I'm waiting to buy a 70" tv to play it again   ;D ;D

Interesting, thanks. I will try it then:)
I just need to buy 3070 tomorrow and play it on my 65", must be an awesome experience.

Offline phinix

« Reply #4524 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 14:00:15 »
Do you guys know any games similar to Graveyard Keeper?
Like nice pixel graphics, some adventure, building etc.
Maybe even some cool economy/RTS? Settlers-style resource-management games?

I just finished Settlers 2 and looking for some nice little game.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 October 2020, 15:25:46 by phinix »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4525 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 17:12:16 »

Harvest Moon series, Factorio, Rimworld, Terreria

Offline phinix

« Reply #4526 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 17:39:04 »

Harvest Moon series, Factorio, Rimworld, Terreria

Have you played any of those? Which one did you like and why?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4527 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 17:49:27 »
A lot of Terreria, probably like 300hrs. It's kinda like a 2D Minecraft but I lost interest when the people I played with went to another game.
Never played Factorio but people seem to like it, there's a free demo to check out.

and I suppose Stardew Valley is the Harvest Moon successor, it is a lot like GYK which is a lot like Harvest Moon. If you haven't played STV that is probably the closest and best bang for your buck.

Offline Alga

« Reply #4528 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 07:08:58 »

I was going to say Stardew Valley too, it's a foraging game. Forager too. Anno 1800 it's a good management game too, Surviving Mars. Ni no Kuni is an inbetween management, adventure and role.

And I want to play Inmost, which is a pixel platformer and adventure game that looks nice.

Offline kamikaze411

« Reply #4529 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 14:41:28 »
I personally love playing PUBG, Fife, League of Legends, and most of all CSGO. I am a mega fan of nice sell skins CSGO, which I collect, unfortunately I don't have too many of them :D

Apart from that, I still play Minecraft and I'm really looking forward to Cyberpunk, it's a pity that they postponed the game premiere again :(

Offline phinix

« Reply #4530 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 15:09:21 »

I was going to say Stardew Valley too, it's a foraging game. Forager too. Anno 1800 it's a good management game too, Surviving Mars. Ni no Kuni is an inbetween management, adventure and role.

And I want to play Inmost, which is a pixel platformer and adventure game that looks nice.

That Inmost looks good! Reminds me of Rick Dangerous back in a days...:)

Offline Alga

« Reply #4531 on: Sat, 31 October 2020, 06:18:24 »
I personally love playing PUBG, Fife, League of Legends, and most of all CSGO. I am a mega fan of nice sell skins CSGO, which I collect, unfortunately I don't have too many of them :D

Apart from that, I still play Minecraft and I'm really looking forward to Cyberpunk, it's a pity that they postponed the game premiere again :(

Yeah. We are all waiting for it. I'd rather have them pospone it for half a year instead of each month. Despite I'm one of those who waits a few months for the price to come down and som fixes to be rolled out

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4532 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 08:36:15 »
Started playing "Call of Cthulhu" last night - really impressed with the story and the elements in the game.  Also digging the H.P. Lovecraft universe it is based in and make me want to dive further into it.  I do love a good Horror/Mystery game that has good puzzle and problem solving elements to go along with the story.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4533 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 22:04:58 »
Picked up BTD5 and i love it

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4534 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 03:19:15 »
Happy 9th birthday Skyrim!

Offline phinix

« Reply #4535 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 03:41:25 »
9 years already?
I'm getting old...

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #4536 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 03:48:27 »
9 years already?
I'm getting old...
I still remember getting it on launch day and playing it for 4 days straight. Living on nothing but noodles.
I was plugged up for 2 weeks after that. Good times.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4537 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 11:10:38 »
9 years already?
I'm getting old...

Damn i was about 7 years old when this came out

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4538 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 11:21:23 »
9 years already?
I'm getting old...
I still remember getting it on launch day and playing it for 4 days straight. Living on nothing but noodles.
I was plugged up for 2 weeks after that. Good times.

You need to add veggies for more health n00dles.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4539 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 13:00:53 »
Playing some Destiny 2 - loving the new Beyond Light expansion so far, and having to re-level my characters is fun.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4540 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 16:42:46 »
Anyone get an X1X or PS5?

Offline Alga

« Reply #4541 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 01:24:38 »
Anyone here plays World of Tanks? That crap is hard to play. I like shoters and strategy games but that thing is almost imposible to play starting from 0 and without paying no gold. You have 0 skills on your crew, no premium consumables, no premium tanks, takes ages to train your crew and there isn't much to do agains people loading the gold all the time and just beeing able to pen you tank everywhere. IKN how to progress

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4543 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 06:58:37 »

Lol no

I already have my .. pc 2 B)

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4544 on: Wed, 18 November 2020, 09:26:04 »
I'll be sticking w/ my PS4 Pro for now until the dust settles on stocking issues and will eventually get a PS5 for Sony exclusives.  Other than that I mainly play via my PC since a majority of games are on it and the only other console I have considered is a Switch since my son has been showing interest in some of the titles on it and I want to play Breath of the Wild on it.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4545 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 11:01:53 »
I got back into EVE Online... And I'm actually enjoying myself
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #4546 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 11:05:44 »
I played a little World of Tanks like 10 years ago. It's mildly interesting but like you say it's so grindy without spending money I fairly rapidly lost interest.

Been playing a ton of Dirt Rally 2.0. Gran Turismo Sports the only other modern racing game I've played recently and it's a fun contrast because it's a hell of a lot less forgiving. You make minor mistakes and end up in a tree that can be the end of the race for you. The faster cars are a bloody nightmare to control. Dark Souls of racing games is a lazy but not wholly inaccurate comparison.

Still playing FF7: Remake off and on. I'm so slow. I need to restart the bit where the disc support is being blown up because I've ran out of items and getting to the boss was pretty tedious the first time round.

Don't see the point in a PS5 yet the games are nearly entirely remakes/remasters. They really should have been able to deliver a couple of appealing new AAA exclusives at launch.

Offline phinix

« Reply #4547 on: Thu, 26 November 2020, 10:12:37 »
Started Horizon Zero Dawn - very nice game. I hope I get that OLED CX48 for Christmas and will be able to try this game on it, graphics are amazing.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4548 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 16:42:17 »
Kenshi on PC. At first it seems boring until you find a goal for yourself, then it is certainly not boring. 
9/10 would start a human skin farming cartel in the swamp again :thumb:

Offline phinix

« Reply #4549 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 17:40:23 »
Finished Desperado 3 - amazing game if you like this kind of genre.