Author Topic: Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid Stealth and QuickFire XT  (Read 59840 times)

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid Stealth and QuickFire XT
« on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 12:01:39 »
http://lanoc.org/news/ces-2013/6109-cooler-master-at-ces-2013

Quickfire Rapid Stealth: Side printed key caps, no more cloud of boobs, TKL, doesn't appear to have any branding

Quick Fire XT: Full size, doesn't appear to have any branding

Looks like they also have a white keyboard with full LED backlighting and another without backlighting, both full size keyboards. The one without backlighting looks like it has a metal case. Neither have been officially announced though.

Booth babes at end of article.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 January 2013, 12:09:04 by missalaire »
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid Stealth and QuickFire XT
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 12:07:30 »
http://lanoc.org/news/ces-2013/6109-cooler-master-at-ces-2013

Quickfire Rapid Stealth: Side printed key caps, no more cloud of boobs, TKL, doesn't appear to have any branding

Quick Fire XT: Full size, doesn't appear to have any branding

Booth babes at end of article.

Wow, that QFR Stealth looks SO good. If the pricing is the same as the QFR now, I'll have to pick it up just to try out my first TKL board.

Offline Vintage

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 12:13:10 »
The stealth is pretty much the rapid with blank keys.....

Kinda cool.

If only someone made a mod-friendly plate board. Maybe the WASD v2 won't disappoint on that though.
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 12:17:22 »
Wow! Really cool! I really like the idea of the full size USB connection. =)

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 12:19:20 »
What do you guys think of the full USB connector on the back of the XT?
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 12:24:25 »
I think that's awesome. Personally, I find the "A" USB connectors to be much more stable and reliable than any of the "B" connectors (full size, mini, or micro). I think it's an awesome step in the right direction.

Offline neuraxis

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 13:34:04 »
Looking good, but all I really need is a Quick Fire TK with a standard bottom row and costar stabilizers.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 14:16:11 »
OMG QuickFire XT basically settles the deal.  The thing with CM Storm is that while QuickFire Rapid is the best budget keyboard, it didn't have a full size version available.

So for people that wanted a cheaper Costar board they either had to buy a Das Keyboard (old model) or Rosewill (but worry about the mini b connector).  But now they basically have a budget version of all Filco models.

Filco Full Size = QuickFire XT
Filco TKL = QuickFire Rapid
Filco Ninja = QuickFire Rapid Stealth

I think Cooler Master is definitely stepping in the right direction with this new product.  As before people were already buying QuickFire Rapid over Filco tenkeyless, now this will just force people to buy CM Storm entirely.

Though I was a bit annoyed by their wrong interpretation of the phrase "cloud of boobs".

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 14:21:55 »
Looks good!
Looking for CC's!

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 14:28:10 »
/yawn.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 14:31:01 »
Still has that gawd awful font....yuck!

Offline Hyde

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 15:50:09 »
Still has that gawd awful font....yuck!

At least it has standard spacing so it's easy to order a full set of PBT keycaps and just swap them.  Consider the money you saved from buying Filco it should be enough for the keycaps.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 16:02:15 »
The Stealth looks so good, hoping they release unbranded cases soon because I don't really want to buy a new keyboard just to get an unbranded case.

Offline missalaire

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 16:16:15 »
I like that white backlit keyboard.

Would look good with Corsair's new M65 mouse imo.

Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline poxeclipse

• Hit me with music ... yes, me friend
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 16:45:59 »
CM XT looks very nice. Almost a Filco. I would buy it, for sure.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 16:53:10 »
The white ones look to be made by the same as the TK, whoever it is. The other white one looks very NZXTish.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 17:13:06 »
The white keyboard is indeed TK, and mouse is Recon.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 17:36:49 »
If only someone made a mod-friendly plate board. Maybe the WASD v2 won't disappoint on that though.
Already done. There was a group buy for them.

Offline Sai

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 20:04:08 »
ok. now i gotta decide what to get. filco tkl or this new cm stealth tkl  ;D
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 20:08:55 »
I like that white backlit keyboard.

Show Image

+1

Looks like it would be a reasonable match for a Portal keyboard project.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Hyde

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 10 January 2013, 00:13:52 »
Initially I thought it was TK.  But now that I look at it, it's a modified full backlit CM Storm QuickFire Pro with white shell and blue led.

I wonder what color switch it has then, since QuickFire Pro typically has MX Brown or MX Red.  Not a fan of iOne production but if they can have MX Red on that thing I might consider getting it  :P

Offline boredgunner

• GND-Tech
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 01:13:11 »
OMG QuickFire XT basically settles the deal.  The thing with CM Storm is that while QuickFire Rapid is the best budget keyboard, it didn't have a full size version available.

So for people that wanted a cheaper Costar board they either had to buy a Das Keyboard (old model) or Rosewill (but worry about the mini b connector).  But now they basically have a budget version of all Filco models.

Filco Full Size = QuickFire XT
Filco TKL = QuickFire Rapid
Filco Ninja = QuickFire Rapid Stealth

I think Cooler Master is definitely stepping in the right direction with this new product.  As before people were already buying QuickFire Rapid over Filco tenkeyless, now this will just force people to buy CM Storm entirely.

Though I was a bit annoyed by their wrong interpretation of the phrase "cloud of boobs".

Yeah... almost time to discontinue the QuickFire Pro!  :P
Ducky Shine II TKL (Green LED, Cherry MX Red) | Leopold FC210TP (Cherry MX Blue)

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 22:54:37 »
The CES video says the repeat rate for the stealth will be adjustable from 1 to 8.  What does this mean?
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline Hyde

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 23:19:51 »
The CES video says the repeat rate for the stealth will be adjustable from 1 to 8.  What does this mean?

I'm guessing 1 ms to 8 ms.

1 millisecond = 1/1000 second = 1000 Hz polling rate
2 milliseconds = 1/500 second = 500 Hz polling rate
4 milliseconds = 1/250 second = 250 Hz polling rate
8 milliseconds = 1/125 second = 125 Hz polling rate

So kinda like gaming mouse USB polling speed.  However I could be wrong though.  It could also be like Zowie Celeritas where you can adjust like 1x 2x 3x 4x normal repeat rate.

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 23:45:33 »
So kinda like gaming mouse USB polling speed.  However I could be wrong though.  It could also be like Zowie Celeritas where you can adjust like 1x 2x 3x 4x normal repeat rate.

Sounds like it's the Zowie thing, since the video mentions that it's a feature that is used with PS/2.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 02:23:52 »
So how does this help with gaming?  I noticed my backspace key on my QFR is a little bit slower than my Filco.  Will this make it faster?   
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline xyril

• Youtube Channel (full of typing and gaming vods)
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 07:44:33 »
So does the Quickfire Stealth . is same with QFR rapid (TKL) ???

I only see the difference is : keycaps sideprinting , and no branding .

Offline Glenn315

• Hey
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 11:32:48 »
Looks wonderful. :D

Offline XTF

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 11:40:55 »
Why did they have to replace the context menu key with a Fn key? :(
Can't they replace the right win key instead?

Offline Hyde

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 12:23:20 »
So how does this help with gaming?  I noticed my backspace key on my QFR is a little bit slower than my Filco.  Will this make it faster?   

I don't think it help gaming at all.  I think you just save some time on typing when doing thissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Also if you set the repeat rate to fastest in OS setting.  PS2 still repeats faster than USB.  I've tested this before and been using PS2 ever since that.

Not that I really need that kind of repeat rate, but to me just feels a bit nicer to be able to.

Offline TAdams

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 12:31:27 »
I want an xt.:))
i want to unsee that - eyebleach plz!

Offline qmdunn

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 03:37:17 »
Is there a release date on these?  In particular the QFR stealth

Offline missalaire

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 12:01:49 »
Is there a release date on these?  In particular the QFR stealth

Not that I know of yet. I'll be keeping an eye out though.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 17:45:17 »
there is no difference between curent Rapid and upcoming stealth except for the side printed keycaps....
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 17:51:36 »
there is no difference between curent Rapid and upcoming stealth except for the side printed keycaps....

Didn't they remove the branding and the grey top as well? I thought the current QFRs still came with the branding and the grey in all switches but red.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 19:32:36 »
I want an xt.:))

Me too, I think QuickFire XT will be my new default recommended mechanical keyboard of choice for friends and family  :)

Didn't they remove the branding and the grey top as well? I thought the current QFRs still came with the branding and the grey in all switches but red.

All the new batch of QFR will come with no branding, so just hope where ever you order from has the new batch.

MX Blue/Brown/Brown will remain grey case and MX Red will remain black case.  I doubt they'll change the grey case to black for the stealth version but it's not entirely impossible.

Offline Zackarak

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 19:34:45 »

All the new batch of QFR will come with no branding, so just hope where ever you order from has the new batch.

MX Blue/Brown/Brown will remain grey case and MX Red will remain black case.  I doubt they'll change the grey case to black for the stealth version but it's not entirely impossible.

I PMed carter about it and he said they will have a black top cover.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 20:06:07 »

Sweeeeeeeeeet because to be honestly I always thought the black top looks better  :P

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 21:19:38 »

Sweeeeeeeeeet because to be honestly I always thought the black top looks better  :P

Agreed. I like the black top way better. Looking forward to the release

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 01:08:38 »
ugh double post....
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 January 2013, 01:13:06 by bazemk1979 »

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 01:11:40 »
Nope, all current QFR's come without the logo, logos are placed on the rear of the keyboard, this is the case with all new batches not just the reds + Alt problems solder are fixed too.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 16:48:18 »

I think the unbranded gunmetal top looks rather nice, myself. Or rear branded, either or. But I have odd tastes.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 18:28:03 »
I don't mind even the branded gray case.  The branding is not overly excessive, imho.

But I am wondering what it will look like with yellow keycaps.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kwago

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 09:41:57 »
any eta on the xt yet?

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 10:58:14 »
Definitely looking at getting one of these with greens, they look so good!

Offline remmeh

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 11:38:23 »
The front-print on the QFR stealth makes the font only slightly less annoying!...

Offline missalaire

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 12:35:42 »
any eta on the xt yet?

Carter said it looks like around late April for the XT.

Offline Deekin

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 16:40:35 »
Wooop Woooop!

That QFR Stealth version sure looks good!

And yeah was alittle pissed aswell that they called the branding the "cloud of boobs" when the phrase isnt based on anything regarding the branding.

Carter could you confirm any kind of release dates on these beauties?

Offline missalaire

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 16:55:12 »
Wooop Woooop!

That QFR Stealth version sure looks good!

And yeah was alittle pissed aswell that they called the branding the "cloud of boobs" when the phrase isnt based on anything regarding the branding.

Carter could you confirm any kind of release dates on these beauties?

He didn't give an exact date, but he said the Quickfire Stealth will be out in about a month.

Offline verbhal

• twitch.tv/verbhal
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 22 January 2013, 17:23:39 »
QuickFire Stealth looks great.  Considering picking one up when they get released.