Author Topic: Overpaying for Artisans- The Taboo Topic  (Read 44544 times)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
Re: Overpaying for Artisans- The Taboo Topic
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:27:48 »
Also this thread is getting really terrible, and we should steer ourselves back on topic. 

I'll start with a new page... #100 get.

*shrugs*

I jest.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:28:53 »

ill fill you in

flatline is the colorway that keycap is based upon, im not sure what a vintage reaper is but you were asking for a flatline classic reaper, a new design of bros which is an iteration of his previous work

you didnt ask for a trade, you asked for a sample, and subsequently offered to exchange snacks

due to your past threatening behaviour towards members of the bro caps and ctrl alt team, your request was not replied to, you then proceeded to start messaging other members of ctrl alt

I'm seeing a Pulse Classic Reaper, still not sure about what flatline is good sir. As far as I know there's only one black and blue keyset in existence and it's called Pulse. Such artisan keycap is a perfect fit for it due to the precisely chosen aqua and black colors.

Yes, I asked if he wanted to send a cap and exchange food. Isn't this a trade?

Also, since you're spitting some stuff out, could you please display what other messages did I send to other members?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:30:03 »
I'm seeing a Pulse Classic Reaper, still not sure about what flatline is good sir. As far as I know there's only one black and blue keyset in existence and it's called Pulse. Such artisan keycap is a perfect fit for it due to the precisely chosen aqua and black colors.

More

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:30:33 »

Yes, I asked if he wanted to send a cap and exchange food. Isn't this a trade?

Also, since you're spitting some stuff out, could you please display what other messages did I send to other members?

I was going to ignore all of this drama but this got me lol great laughs  ;D

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:31:02 »
Actually, if you want to keep this discussion somewhere else let's do it, but that's not the goal of this thread.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:31:56 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:32:14 »
I personally do not sell my keycaps, either at retail or at high aftermarket prices. I don't sell at aftermarket prices because I'm friends with Bro -- I think FrostyToast's metaphor about the lamp is quite apt here -- and I don't sell at retail because it's simply not worth my time. Many people are the exact same way. Perhaps I'm even more privileged than many here, but I live in NYC and the $30 I'd get from a BBv2 at retail would be gone in a few cappuccinos. Many are the same way, and the way to overcome that for some is to offer more money such that it makes it worth it to sell.

TFW it is worth it for me to sell at retail.  :'( 

:))

Prove it to me! ;)

(Me personally… no need to get these other folks involved…)

You can reference the thread where I sold a whole bunch at retail.  :P

I like how no matter the intention of a thread, if MiTo gets involved it seems to always devolve into a crap show.

He has a way with people.

Seriously though, this is a topic on Artisan caps, not MiTo.  Regardless of my personal feelings on the matter, I will be removing any further off-topic posts from this thread.

I'm seeing a Pulse Classic Reaper, still not sure about what flatline is good sir.

Holy hell dude, just stop.  You're not being funny, you're not being clever, you're being an ass.  This thread is not the place to make snide remarks about CtrlAlt, and I've already posted in here to stop off-topic attacks.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:33:58 »
Actually, if you want to keep this discussion somewhere else let's do it, but that's not the goal of this thread.

how about you take your part of the discussion to reddit, and if we ever wanna read it, we know where to look
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:37:53 »
Holy hell dude, just stop.  You're not being funny, you're not being clever, you're being an ass.  This thread is not the place to make snide remarks about CtrlAlt, and I've already posted in here to stop off-topic attacks.

Snide remarks? What are you talking about?!

I said that the cap was a Pulse Reaper and that I don't know what flatline is, what the freaking hell are you talking about?! I'm being serious here, don't know how Americans perceive what I'm talking but I'm asking a legit question.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:40:06 »
I said that the cap was a Pulse Reaper and that I don't know what flatline is, what the freaking hell are you talking about?! I'm being serious here, don't know how Americans perceive what I'm talking but I'm asking a legit question.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:41:25 »

Snide remarks? What are you talking about?!

you are being facetious

you know exactly what flatline is, but to remind you, its the set that you re offered pulse just to spite

and moreover, it is the colorway of that brocap, which the distributer of said bro cap informed you of in the very post you were quoting
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:41:42 »
People can stop PMing me about the Rare Clack now.

It's been sold to appleonama for $1, thx

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:42:04 »
you know, sometimes when i tell people about my hobbies this is my favorite part that i mention.

the drama on a keyboard forum over artisan caps. sure, they think im retarded but man is it fun reading this ****.

mito, are you ****ing dense? out of all that **** you've done how can you sit there and tell somebody else wtf to do.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:44:13 »
Hi everyone, As Hoff said, please move on to the current thread topic. Anymore posts regarding this current discussion will be removed. Mito has recieved a mute for his posts.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:46:57 »
with that said, im going to start a new trend. i will take the bullet and start under paying the retail value for all your artisans.

some may call it selfless, i call it being a team player.

Offline crickclackman

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:48:10 »
Now I know why this is a taboo topic.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:49:51 »
with that said, im going to start a new trend. i will take the bullet and start under paying the retail value for all your artisans.

So far the artisans I've sold I've sold at a loss of at least a couple o' bucks each. *shrugs*

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:54:16 »

Wait, after I get the stuff all prepped to ship to you for free, you offer cash?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 17:59:27 »

Wait, after I get the stuff all prepped to ship to you for free, you offer cash?

what's more underpaying than no paying?

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 18:08:25 »

what's more underpaying than no paying?

Some existential **** right here

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 18:10:12 »
I personally believe that you can almost get any cap you want if you just have enough patience. I think the only exception to this is the Tritium Valve CCs and the Skeletor(White on Purple) CC

When I first got into this hobby back in 2014, I was immediately hooked onto Artisans and was overwhelm by the large variety there was. Before the 2015 Artisan maker boom, there was Clack, Bro, Binge, HipsterPunks, and Martin(if I forgot others I apologize, these 5 were the ones that I saw on the regular). I didn't even know where to start, downloaded Tapatalked and marked notifications on for every manufacturer. But that still didn't help because I was getting rekt left and right.

I finally got my artisan when I won the application race(this was before Martin did a group buy style sales) for HKPs which got me a Black and Red Raven. I was so happy, but I wasn't done I wanted a cap from every maker.

I got my first Binge a month later from Hoffman's Christmas sale netting me a champagne Keyng(this was what really got me addicted to artisans). I stayed up until 1am refreshing HipsterPunk's home page every second to buy a Fatigued Green Vandal. I got my first ever clack from camping my computer during Clackevent. (Actually got another one too, and it was a OG tri! Never thought I would touch a tri clack in my lifetime).Got my first BroCap from a classifieds thread from suicidal_orange! Won my first ever Brocap from the email race for the Cosmos sale(before this I was 0/8).

I think people who overpay for artisans(I'm talking about +$100 retail price) is just lacking the patience, and but I don't blame them
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 February 2016, 18:20:15 by calvinhousecat »

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 18:14:25 »
I knew this thread would devolve into drama, but I never would have guessed it would be more mito drama

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 18:17:13 »
I got my first Binge a month later from Hoffman's Christmas sale netting me a champagne Keyng(this was what really got me addicted to artisans). I stayed up until 1am refreshing HipsterPunk's home page every second to buy a Fatigued Green Vandal. I got my first ever clack from camping my computer during Clackevent. (Actually got another one too, and it was a OG tri! Never thought I would touch a tri clack in my lifetime). Got my first ever Brocap from the email race for the Cosmos sale(before this I was 0/8).

You forgot your first Zombro :(
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 18:18:53 »
I got my first Binge a month later from Hoffman's Christmas sale netting me a champagne Keyng(this was what really got me addicted to artisans). I stayed up until 1am refreshing HipsterPunk's home page every second to buy a Fatigued Green Vandal. I got my first ever clack from camping my computer during Clackevent. (Actually got another one too, and it was a OG tri! Never thought I would touch a tri clack in my lifetime). Got my first ever Brocap from the email race for the Cosmos sale(before this I was 0/8).

Aw ****. I'm sorry  :-[ I don't know how that slipped through my head. I think it was cause I was so starstruck by the BBv2

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 18:25:52 »

Aw ****. I'm sorry  :-[ I don't know how that slipped through my head. I think it was cause I was so starstruck by the BBv2

Haha yeah, it's not as sparkly as the Cosmos Bros that's for sure! 
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #125 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 18:27:59 »

Hey I just got a Zombro...

DOES THIS MEAN I GET MY DREAM DESIGN NEXT?!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 18:30:50 »

The last time I got a Zombro I got an Enraged Bruce and Albino Keywok.
So maybe.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 18:41:32 »
Meh. You won't find me buying or selling at "market" prices, but I don't really find issue with those that do -- with the slight exception for profiteers (or more nicely agents of arbitrage).

What I do find funny is some of the interesting ... uhhh, "inconsistencies" in people's values with regard to artisans vs. keyboards. The same people who get really vocal about selling artisans for multiples of retail will happily buy and sell korean boards at the same multiples with little thought.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 18:42:00 »

The last time I got a Zombro I got an Enraged Bruce and Albino Keywok.
So maybe.

The future looks good. I can certainly hope.

Offline tangkims

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 19:17:49 »

Maybe you guys need to start making "fake" trades to deflate the market.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 19:39:16 »
I thoroughly enjoyed reading through this thread.

I do have to admit that I paid way above retail for a Gumrot Ogre from CV. I don't regret doing it but I don't plan on paying that much ever again.

Offline Pdub

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 21:29:42 »
Bro Caps, if you need any proof that people don't like your newer designs as much as they like the V2, just create a poll and ask which one they prefer, the TR8-0R or the Celestial Blue BBV2. Or perhaps Vintage Reaper or the Ribbit. I don't understand your aggressiveness bud, just relax and try to learn something good out of this discussion man.

er. um I need to reread everything. ..

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 21:34:06 »
Dis thread doe. Gave me the giggles. GG everyone, GG.

Offline Pdub

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 21:50:15 »
SO I WAS GOING TO COMMENT ON EVERYTHING HOWEVER I THINK IT IS BEST WE MOVE ON. I thank you guy for stepping in with the Mito stuff.

Show Image

More
Show Image

I love Taylor Swift. #judgeme or #joinme

demik, now I know why everyone loves you.

Now I know why this is a taboo topic.

SEE. But I am glad it happened. Not the mito stuff, he is dumb.

Side note to BroCaps - I love my Zombro just as much as my BBv2, if not more. It reminds me of GOTs. Glad you are making other designs.

« Last Edit: Wed, 10 February 2016, 22:05:40 by Pdub »

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #134 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 21:59:18 »
Demik

Ah **** son you goofed now, das not the correct way to say dat word.

Offline Pdub

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 22:06:03 »
Demik

Ah **** son you goofed now, das not the correct way to say dat word.

Why are you making up lies?  ;)  :))

Offline tronbeaver

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 08:29:22 »
tree fiddy.

All clacks accepted.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 08:34:15 »
* Binge walks into the party late.  Gives all the hard partiers some coffee and Wawa pretzels, doesn't say anything, and flies away.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #138 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 08:34:58 »
* Binge walks into the party late.  Gives all the hard partiers some coffee and Wawa pretzels, doesn't say anything, and flies away.

What's a Wawa pretzel?  :confused:

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 08:47:36 »

I feel bad for you. You have to look it up though.

On another note, I really enjoyed reading this thread.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 08:51:00 »

Ah. I see. Wetzel's Pretzels (especially cinnamon) look a lot better.

To the topic at hand, it sucks to overpay for something, but if it's worth that amount to you, why not pay it?

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 08:58:25 »
Binge loves to ghost
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline Pdub

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 09:00:26 »

AH MAN I live just outside the WaWa Zone. Me thinks it time for a trip into the WAWA ZONE.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #143 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 09:01:05 »

Ah. I see. Wetzel's Pretzels (especially cinnamon) look a lot better.

To the topic at hand, it sucks to overpay for something, but if it's worth that amount to you, why not pay it?

They're not the best around but they're really good fresh.

That's not the issue. Some artisans explicitly state not to sell for above retail or face bans. Some don't want to see flipping for profit.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #144 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 09:02:21 »
I'll take one from sheetz.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #145 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 09:21:35 »
For the best pretzels, you gotta go to a german beer garden. No question.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #146 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 09:28:46 »

Forget the pretzels.   Rather drink beer and eat bratwurst!!   

www.pilsenerhaus.com

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #147 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 09:39:37 »

www.pilsenerhaus.com

Why not just eat the bratwurst and pretzels and drink the beer?

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 09:43:47 »

www.pilsenerhaus.com

you might be overpaying at that point
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #149 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 09:47:16 »

www.pilsenerhaus.com

you might be overpaying at that point

Well I'm a big guy. I need a lot of food.