Author Topic: Overpaying for Artisans- The Taboo Topic  (Read 44573 times)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: Overpaying for Artisans- The Taboo Topic
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 15:16:36 »

We're not factories, we're people.

The truth of the matter is, for us at least, artisan keycaps are just another medium we use to express ourselves artistically. To expect a person to keep doing what sells is how artists stagnate and grow to resent their work. There is no agenda, no raffle fixing, no conspiracy to game the after-market. We're just people who want to put out what we want, when we want, on our terms. Take it or leave it.

I comprehend and totally agree with this point of view. People will play the game under the rules.

Another topic - people obviously have different opinions but in my perception, when it comes to completely retiring designs, I don't see it as a maneuver to prevent a creative downfall. Under their own limitations in regards of production, of course, I think that all of the makers out here are good enough to keep creating innovative and interesting new things regardless if they are repeating things from the past every once in a while.

For example, I don't believe that you would stop being creative if you decided to relaunch the Snackeys with tropical fruits next summer. You are perfectly capable of creating new stuff and there will always be a public for the things you make because you're very skilled and talented. But if the fans love a previous work/collection of yours, why not give them a chance to obtain it? It would be very happy news for the customers that support you guys so much. 

Using a very flat example, rerunning Pulse is not preventing me from creating new keysets. I will keep doing new things! But people liked Pulse and asked for it again, so why not do a quick break, run Pulse again, and then continue other projects after the rerun is done? Obviously the logistic aspects from submitting a keyset design can't be compared to creating an artisan, I'm just using a metaphor to try to explain that I believe that re-running projects from the past isn't something that harms future projects.

What do you think about this specific topic? Do you believe that it would be a cool move for the community if every once in a while collections made a return or do you think that completely retiring things for some particular reason is the way to go?

DISCLAIMER: I'm not forcing anybody to do anything, nor praising nor insulting anyone. I'm asking a simple question because I'm curious to see what Kudos and Koala think about releases and collections since they are artisan makers.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 15:20:48 »

The truth of the matter is, for us at least, artisan keycaps are just another medium we use to express ourselves artistically. To expect a person to keep doing what sells is how artists stagnate and grow to resent their work. There is no agenda, no raffle fixing, no conspiracy to game the after-market. We're just people who want to put out what we want, when we want, on our terms. Take it or leave it.

I comprehend and totally agree with this point of view. People will play the game under the rules.

Another topic - people obviously have different opinions but in my perception, when it comes to completely retiring designs, I don't see it as a maneuver to prevent a creative downfall. Under their own limitations in regards of production, of course, I think that all of the makers out here are good enough to keep creating innovative and interesting new things regardless if they are repeating things from the past every once in a while.

For example, I don't believe that you would stop being creative if you decided to relaunch the Snackeys with tropical fruits next summer. You are perfectly capable of creating new stuff and there will always be a public for the things you make because you're very skilled and talented. But if the fans love a previous work/collection of yours, why not give them a chance to obtain it? It would be very happy news for the customers that support you guys so much. 

Using a very flat example, rerunning Pulse is not preventing me from creating new keysets. I will keep doing new things! But people liked Pulse and asked for it again, so why not do a quick break, run Pulse again, and then continue other projects after the rerun is done? Obviously the logistic aspects from submitting a keyset design can't be compared to creating an artisan, I'm just using a metaphor to try to explain that I believe that re-running projects from the past isn't something that harms future projects.

What do you think about this specific topic? Do you believe that it would be a cool move for the community if every once in a while collections made a return or do you think that completely retiring things for some particular reason is the way to go?

DISCLAIMER: I'm not forcing anybody to do anything, nor praising nor insulting anyone. I'm asking a simple question because I'm curious to see what Kudos and Koala think about releases and collections since they are artisan makers.

Didn't you, on several occasions and no uncertain terms, adamantly decree that you were never going to run Pulse again? There are many who are glad that you've changed your mind, but there was a fairly significant period of time between you stating "it would never be run again" and "Round 2 is coming to Massdrop."

Why are you trying to convince people re-run their designs when you yourself reacted furiously whenever someone would bring up the same question to you?

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 15:24:07 »
Fisherman, did you read the disclaimer? I am not trying to convince anybody to do anything, I'm asking a question to see what's the perspective of KK. If you want to discuss about a keyset, we can do it on the designated thread... Let's not deviate from the topic okay?

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #203 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 15:29:10 »
Fisherman, did you read the disclaimer? I am not trying to convince anybody to do anything, I'm asking a question to see what's the perspective of KK. If you want to discuss about a keyset, we can do it on the designated thread... Let's not deviate from the topic okay?

I'll never understand why Bro Caps don't wanna keep releasing new BroBot V2's collections, let's say every season. He already won the game. It's the greatest design of all time, he will never be able to change people's minds about that, no matter what new designs he invents. He already made something great and people love it, why not make it available for them?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #204 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 15:29:20 »
I really cannot see the point of the thread, it is just a call for drama, if the intention is to achieve nothing, the mission has been accomplished.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #205 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 15:32:22 »
I really cannot see the point of the thread, it is just a call for drama, if the intention is to achieve nothing, the mission has been accomplished.

Amen

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #206 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 15:35:17 »

artisans=drama, sadly ...
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #207 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 15:46:05 »

dude, you're not actually manufacturing pulse set yourself. for reruns, all you have to do is ask SP and they do the all manufacturing. it's significantly more time consuming and a completely different story for artisan capmakers who have to cast keys themselves.
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #208 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 15:48:53 »

Most people are here to discuss about overpriced artisans. My observation about potential re runs could (one more time - could) perhaps spark new ideas towards solving this "issue". The ones who are contributing with good arguments to the thread perhaps could make constructive observations about it, even though some keep insisting in manufacturing childish irrelevant drama for "fun" (wow, so funny, literally crying in laughter here). Not many people would pay $500 for a watermelon keycap knowing that eventually such keycap would be available from the maker himself some day.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #209 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 15:53:44 »

Obviously the logistic aspects from submitting a keyset design can't be compared to creating an artisan, I'm just using a metaphor

dude, you're not actually manufacturing pulse set yourself. for reruns, all you have to do is ask SP and they do the all manufacturing. it's significantly more time consuming and a completely different story for artisan capmakers who have to cast keys themselves.

Seriously. What am I doing wrong, because quite honestly I don't think you are comprehending what I'm trying to say. Am I erroneously using the word metaphor/example here? Because they make perfectly sense in Portuguese.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #210 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 15:54:17 »
Lmao this dude acts like he's in the factory churning out keysets. You really don't do a thing but ask SP and have MD ship everything.

I'm rerunning pulse and still making new keyset colors! Why can't you guy do the same with your artisan caps! It's so easy when others do the work!
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 February 2016, 15:56:30 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #211 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 15:54:41 »

Most people are here to discuss about overpriced artisans. My observation about potential re runs could (one more time - could) perhaps spark new ideas towards solving this "issue". The ones who are contributing with good arguments to the thread perhaps could make constructive observations about it, even though some keep insisting in manufacturing childish irrelevant drama for "fun" (wow, so funny, literally crying in laughter here). Not many people would pay $500 for a watermelon keycap knowing that eventually such keycap would be available from the maker himself some day.

Artisans keycap makers are not an industry that can or has any desire to produce a huge number of a colorway. They are artists that like to constantly create new stuff.

True artists should never make stuff to please "customers", they shoul do w/e they feel like doing without even looking at the results/sales. Otherwise they lose their creation liberty.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #212 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 15:58:24 »
Oh hey look!
It's a thread with only monkeys throwing only **** at each other and thinking that only they are better than the other.
Regardless of what side you guys are on, you're still throwing **** at someone and looking just as ridiculous. The only difference here is that one side is grossly bigger than the other for some reason.
Can we take a step back and breathe?
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #213 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 16:02:38 »
Lmao this dude acts like he's in the factory churning out keysets. You really don't do a thing but ask SP and have MD ship everything.

I'm rerunning pulse and still making new keyset colors! Why can't you guy do the same with your artisan caps! It's so easy when others do the work!

I have a dream that one day you will understand what an example is, amigo. Nevertheless, if you think that organizing a GB is easy I'd like to invite you to launch one. Minimizing the work of others while not doing absolutely and literally anything is indeed very very easy.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #214 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 16:03:33 »
Oh hey look!
It's a thread with only monkeys throwing only **** at each other and thinking that only they are better than the other.
Regardless of what side you guys are on, you're still throwing **** at someone and looking just as ridiculous. The only difference here is that one side is grossly bigger than the other for some reason.

I dunno, I read this thread and I mostly see Mito being crazy pants again.

I don't need to step back, I'm cool.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #215 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 16:09:17 »
True artists should never make stuff to please "customers", they shoul do w/e they feel like doing without even looking at the results/sales. Otherwise they lose their creation liberty.

I'm not so sure about that, musicians are true artists and they relaunch discs and performances to please their fans (and some do it for the bucks) very frequently. But I could be wrong though, what do you exactly mean with "creation liberty"? Is the "creation liberty" something related to actual items like sculptures and paintings (and can not be applied to music)?

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #216 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 16:13:36 »
Oh hey look!

Bae pls some of us dont have the time to watch bold and the beautiful, needs our fix of drama somehow.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #217 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 16:14:46 »

I'm not so sure about that, musicians are true artists and they relaunch discs and performances to please their fans (and some do it for the bucks) very frequently. But I could be wrong though, what do you exactly mean with "creation liberty"? Is the "creation liberty" something related to actual items like sculptures and paintings (and can not be applied to music)?

It also applies to music, artists have overdone the same kind of songs because it worked once (cough cough kygo) instead of trying to move forward.

Imo u stop being an artist when you lose the mentality of "this would be cool to do that" and go onto the "people will buy this" mentality.

I could never be an artist btw.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #218 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 16:15:29 »

I have a dream that one day you will understand what an example is, amigo. Nevertheless, if you think that organizing a GB is easy I'd like to invite you to launch one. Minimizing the work of others while not doing absolutely and literally anything is indeed very very easy.

you put colors together. Sp produces/sorts. MD ships. You aren't Cody or billnye. They take time out of their life to do everything that sp/md does for you. Is it easy what you do? Probably not. But using it as an example as to why artisans don't do the same is stupid. Amigo.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #219 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 16:20:20 »

Imo u stop being an artist when you lose the mentality of "this would be cool to do that" and go onto the "people will buy this" mentality.

Thanks for the explanation, I agree with you on this one. Creativity at the expense of money is destructive, when a creative individual is forced to keep doing something for the money, that's when things go downhill.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #220 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 16:25:15 »
But using it as an example as to why artisans don't do the same is stupid. Amigo.

I don't think you understand the difference between an example (what I did), and a comparison (what you think I did). I wasn't comparing anything, I used an example to explain a point of view, demik. Everybody here knows that making an artisan is way more laborious than submitting colors to Signature Plastics.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #221 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 16:25:49 »
Oh hey look!

This ^^

Let's all breathe before this thread self-destructs.

P.S. Isn't this "taboo topic" the main subject of the Clack Therapy thread, currently at 20,283 posts?

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #222 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 16:27:29 »
Oh hey look!

This ^^

Let's all breathe before this thread self-destructs.

P.S. Isn't this "taboo topic" the main subject of the Clack Therapy thread, currently at 20,283 posts?

And that thread is nearly at 1,000,000 views. I think it's GeekHack's most popular (post count and view count) thread. :D

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #223 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 16:29:13 »
We could do an entire wiki about inflated artisan pricing.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #224 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 17:05:29 »

Many musicians get really sick of playing the same 'hits' over and over and over again at each concert, for twenty years.  Paying a manufacturer to reproduce an album release is not as close of a parallel to artisan caps as performing at a concert is (artisan makers re-cast their caps by hand, musicians re-perform the music every night).  And yes, many musicians hate doing this.  Their fans believe that they are "owed" a performance of their favorite song, and many get pissed when it isn't played - but who are they to tell the musician which songs to perform?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #225 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 17:10:50 »
We could do an entire wiki about inflated artisan pricing.
Let's do a wiki on how hash is the best mod ever.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #226 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 17:14:21 »

Many musicians get really sick of playing the same 'hits' over and over and over again at each concert, for twenty years.  Paying a manufacturer to reproduce an album release is not as close of a parallel to artisan caps as performing at a concert is (artisan makers re-cast their caps by hand, musicians re-perform the music every night).  And yes, many musicians hate doing this.  Their fans believe that they are "owed" a performance of their favorite song, and many get pissed when it isn't played - but who are they to tell the musician which songs to perform?

I go to concerts to see a musician I enjoy live, and I leave it at that. I really like when they play new stuff. I don't really want to hear what I've already heard, since I have that in another format.
Just like how I feel about artisan's. I like to have one from each maker(kind of like going to a concert) and I really want to see their new stuff.. Not some stuff I've already owned.

All I can really say is thank you to the people making,trading and selling.. It's just that simple.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #227 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 17:38:17 »
But using it as an example as to why artisans don't do the same is stupid. Amigo.

I don't think you understand the difference between an example (what I did), and a comparison (what you think I did). I wasn't comparing anything, I used an example to explain a point of view, demik. Everybody here knows that making an artisan is way more laborious than submitting colors to Signature Plastics.

The thing is, an example isn't much use if it's not comparable to the case at hand. It reads to me that your opinion is essentially that creating variations on a theme (e.g. running different colourways of the same artisan mold, or running the same keyset with different compatibility kits) over and over again doesn't reduce the creativity of the artisan, or their excitement in their work.

When you use pulse and your personal experience as an example to illustrate that point, it is implicit that the result of the case you mention is comparable to other results. If it wasn't comparable, it wouldn't be a good example. And that's what people are trying to say -- your experience designing keysets isn't comparable to the experience of the artisans, at least not based on the comments artisans have made in this thread and elsewhere. Hence, your example isn't a good one.

My experience with artisans is that they make caps because they enjoy making caps. If an artisan derives the greatest enjoyment from refining and perfecting a single design, all power to them. However, most artisans seem to prefer to work on different projects, rather than continue releasing the same cap in different colours for years on end. And they do what makes them happy.

Allow me to end with an admittedly absurd example.

Pulse is running now for its second time. Which is neat, there are people that missed the first round, or didn't get into keyboards until after it had run, or whatever. The new round even has some additional compatibility, which makes it accessible to even more people. But six months down the road, people start asking for pulse again. So it runs again, maybe something new is done. And then you run it a fourth time, a fifth time, a sixth time, because people keep asking for more pulse, and more compatibility kits, and more novelties, and another opportunity to get the base kit. And every time you run pulse, it takes time away from something else you want to do. Isn't that what's happening now with godspeed? I know you're more excited about that colourway than you are about pulse, but pulse is running and godspeed is delayed.

Can you honestly say that you wouldn't be frustrated to run pulse for the 20th or 50th time rather than put out your next new design? I realize the example is a bit contrived, because keysets are made in mass production and there's no precedent for any custom set to run more than a few rounds. But artisan caps can't be made at the same volume as keysets without losing part of what makes them an artisan cap. And so the demand will practically always be there -- resulting in dozens of sales for the same cap design. And there's only so many colours one can do, before they feel ready to move on to a different design.

As for your proposal about seasonal releases -- would you be happy running a group buy for the same set every three months?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #228 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 17:56:21 »
Interesting observations, I just believe that if you can make things available for people, than you should at least give it a try. The crowd is who support the artisan/designer anyway, so I believe "makers" should at least try to balance between what they wanna do and what people would like to see coming from them. You know, to make people happy! I'll not address into the specific topic of keysets, since they are a bad example (or comparison, if you will) anyway.

(If you are curious about the keysets topic, by the way, just shoot a PM or something like that, I don't want to shift the focus of this thread and nobody is interested in reading my crap).

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #229 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 17:57:05 »
MiTo I seriously don't even understand what is wrong with you

Why did you ever come back here

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #230 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 17:59:47 »
So back on topic I believe if you are going to splurge 500+ on a keycap why not buy the materials to make keycaps it is about $200 less to do it. Same with korean boards going for massive amounts now why not invest that 1k on prototyping? just my opinion

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #231 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 18:02:10 »
So back on topic I believe if you are going to splurge 500+ on a keycap why not buy the materials to make keycaps it is about $200 less to do it. Same with korean boards going for massive amounts now why not invest that 1k on prototyping? just my opinion
Picasso and I can both spend $50 on art supplies. He will create a masterpiece and I'll stain my clothes. Lol

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #232 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 18:03:46 »

Because people who blow $500 on a cap are just costumers looking for a cool product to decorate their keyboards. They aren't really into the artisan details/dynamic in the first place.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #233 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 18:06:07 »
that won't get you a seat at the cool kids' table tho

Offline btctopre

« Reply #234 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 18:06:10 »

Because people who blow $500 on a cap are just costumers looking for a cool product to decorate their keyboards. They aren't really into the artisan details/dynamic in the first place.
le mastur trole

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #235 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 18:07:46 »
that won't get you a seat at the cool kids' table tho

oh **** you're right you're completely right

who bought themselves into popularity?

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #236 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 18:08:30 »
If I'm going to spend hundreds on Starbucks every year, why don't I learn barista craft?
I don't have the time and/or patience to learn that kind of stuff.
I only have so much time for so many things and maybe artisans are the kind of thing that I don't have the time to work with.
And think about it, if you earn enough to afford $500 plastic then you should be very careful with the likely limited amount of time you have.

I can see why people can justify such prices seeing as how some people collect 5-figure watches and 7-figure cars.
It's just unfortunate that the inflation of artisans affects a lot more people than it should in a negative way.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline btctopre

« Reply #237 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 18:09:48 »
who bought themselves into popularity?
can i buy ur trans blue topre clack? i feel like it will make me 2 cool 4 skool

thx

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #238 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 18:18:08 »
If I'm going to spend hundreds on Starbucks every year, why don't I learn barista craft?
I don't have the time and/or patience to learn that kind of stuff.
I only have so much time for so many things and maybe artisans are the kind of thing that I don't have the time to work with.
And think about it, if you earn enough to afford $500 plastic then you should be very careful with the likely limited amount of time you have.

I can see why people can justify such prices seeing as how some people collect 5-figure watches and 7-figure cars.
It's just unfortunate that the inflation of artisans affects a lot more people than it should in a negative way.
yeah I understand your viewpoint some people dont have the time and have the money. I am not going to name names but I love to lurk and go detective and see who is who(yeah im that guy). Some of those people splurging are teens and very young adults(im young too) who are into specific things that will assist them in making keycaps or keyboards. For example I am into computer science and know some very basic electronics and I am already in process of making my own personal board.

Offline Sissy

« Reply #239 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 05:53:13 »
will trade my caps for popularity
pls respond

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #240 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 08:15:28 »
pls respond

[H] Popularity [W] Your caps

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #241 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 08:40:11 »
pls respond

you aren't popular at all, terrible trade

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #242 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 08:41:44 »
pls respond

you aren't popular at all, terrible trade

[H] Keycaps [W] Popularity  :(

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #243 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 05:37:56 »
Hey guys,

Since I have joined in May of last year my knowledge of Mech Keyboards and Artsian Caps has grown so significantly. At first I though"woooo buy all the caps and all the keyboards!"

It is exciting to see some amazing functional art.

The HWS made my Binge, Click Clacks made by Clack, and Bro Caps by Bro. (And ALLL THE OTHERS!) have put hard work into making something awesome. But I feel like we have disrespected them. they put hard work into making a flawless cap with epic designs. They care to sell it to us at a reasonable cost and we take those 30-50$ caps and feel because maybe we got lucky in a sale or a give away that gives us the right to make a profit. Bro even called me out on it. I couldn't believe what I had fallen into.

I have seen the recent clacks on EBay and they are tempting but I will not bid on them. Why should someone who hoarded clacks when they were popular deserve to make a ton of money on them because the community has grown.

I'd like to see us sharing within the community to enjoy this Hobby together.

I like to collect caps because it is like art to me. Hell if Clack started making caps on the regular I'd give him 100! Rather than anyone else. I get the collecting addiction I have it too sometimes. All I want is like Hoot, a reaper, an astral BBv2 and a 3D clack. But if I saw them on eBay and they went more than 10$ over retail I will not support that type of action anymore.

I hope you guys don't get me wrong. These are also just MY opinions and mine alone and i just wanted to share since there are a lot of new people like myself.

I'd like to keep this thread friendly. If it gets out of hand I will lock it and have a mod delete it.

I hope we can do better moving forward. Remember you might make a buck or two throwing something up on eBay but it has the potential to then leave the community. We bring our hobby here, why not share it among the people that care to stay around. Imagine how happy we would all be if we could share this with everyone else.

Cheers.

My Best,
Pdub
Ty Bevo for reminding me of this thread  :)) :)) :)) :))
Remember kids law-school don't pay itself.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #244 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 05:40:24 »
Hey guys,

Since I have joined in May of last year my knowledge of Mech Keyboards and Artsian Caps has grown so significantly. At first I though"woooo buy all the caps and all the keyboards!"

The HWS made my Binge, Click Clacks made by Clack, and Bro Caps by Bro. (And ALLL THE OTHERS!) have put hard work into making something awesome. But I feel like we have disrespected them. they put hard work into making a flawless cap with epic designs. They care to sell it to us at a reasonable cost and we take those 30-50$ caps and feel because maybe we got lucky in a sale or a give away that gives us the right to make a profit. Bro even called me out on it. I couldn't believe what I had fallen into.

I have seen the recent clacks on EBay and they are tempting but I will not bid on them. Why should someone who hoarded clacks when they were popular deserve to make a ton of money on them because the community has grown.

I like to collect caps because it is like art to me. Hell if Clack started making caps on the regular I'd give him 100! Rather than anyone else. I get the collecting addiction I have it too sometimes. All I want is like Hoot, a reaper, an astral BBv2 and a 3D clack. But if I saw them on eBay and they went more than 10$ over retail I will not support that type of action anymore.

I hope you guys don't get me wrong. These are also just MY opinions and mine alone and i just wanted to share since there are a lot of new people like myself.

I'd like to keep this thread friendly. If it gets out of hand I will lock it and have a mod delete it.

I hope we can do better moving forward. Remember you might make a buck or two throwing something up on eBay but it has the potential to then leave the community. We bring our hobby here, why not share it among the people that care to stay around. Imagine how happy we would all be if we could share this with everyone else.

Cheers.

My Best,
Pdub
Show Image

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #245 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 06:38:11 »
Hey guys,

Cheers.

My Best,
Pdub
Show Image

Savage
You going right for the jugular today
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More