Author Topic: GH60 LED Extension module  (Read 1926 times)

Offline atlantapuzzler

GH60 LED Extension module
« on: Fri, 05 July 2019, 17:42:22 »
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and this is my second post. I recently built several GH60 keyboards for myself, family and friends. One feedback I received constantly is whether it can be fully back
It. I checked the schematics and it looks like that is not supported by the GH60 PCB. However, I think whoever designed it did a great job. It looks it is highly extensible. I am unable to find any exntension modules to support individually controlled LEDs. This is something I can easily design and build (I am a computer engineer by trade). Perhaps I am too late to the game, but do you guys think there is enough interest that warrants building such expansion module? Any thoughts or ideas?
Cheers
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 July 2019, 17:44:03 by atlantapuzzler »

Offline dhb82

Re: GH60 LED Extension module
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 05 July 2019, 18:00:31 »
The DZ60 offers backlighting, so does GH60, if thats what you are saying. Just not individually.

Offline atlantapuzzler

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 06 July 2019, 14:52:48 »
I am suggesting that the GH60 can support individually controlled backlighting via an extension. I just wonder if it is something that interest the community as an open source project

Offline rooski15

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 07 July 2019, 09:39:13 »
I believe that, at one point, a similar module was developed and offered in the Asian market. Let me see if I can find it.

I'd be interested if I have some more details to go on.

Cheers!