Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 817 times)

Offline twu

Hi everyone
« on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 08:53:14 »
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker.  I bought some random TKL mx brown keyboard when I was in China but it crapped out on me.  I think it was a PLU or something.  I'm looking for another TKL or perhaps a 60%.  I was looking at a Poker II or a Pure Pro.  I'm not sure if I would miss the extra dedicated keys.  Is the programming of the Poker II that useful?  If you guys have any suggestions I would appreciate it.  Also, are do keycaps make that much of a difference?  The PLU I had had pom keycaps, that I thought were sort of slippery.  Would PBT or ABS be better?  Another factor is availability.  When looking for a Poker II with PBT caps, I can never find it in stock. 

Thanks!

twu
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 April 2014, 10:02:48 by twu »

Offline Linkbane

Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 03 April 2014, 22:55:10 »
Welcome to wallethack!

As far as POM, some like them the most as they are denser than PBT. However, it's definitely easy to find affordable rough PBT keycaps (banggood sells Keycool white blank sets for $17, free slow shipping), which I think are my favorite. For more compact boards, I suggest taking a look at the FC660 series, which are known as some of the best-built compact boards you can buy.

Either way, enjoy your stay!
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.