Author Topic: [IC] Camping Ground Deskmat - Updated with Renders  (Read 1911 times)

Offline alexswj

[IC] Camping Ground Deskmat - Updated with Renders
« on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 08:14:45 »

Hello everyone!
Thank you for taking the time to read my IC.

I do encourage you to fill in the IC form as I will need a minimum of 200 responses for prototypes to be manufactured!
The form should take less than a minute to fill! :)
Lets all work towards this 200 response!

Update (27/5/21): We are a quarter into our goal! Keep it coming guys:)

IC Form

More

The deskmats are inspired by my love of outdoors and outdoor activities. I particularly enjoyed the simplicity of nature and I tried to bring about it through the background with a monotone color scheme.

It reminds us about what we have always taken for granted: Nature. And that nature is always available for those who seek to experience it, no matter the time (reflected by the seasons). I chose pine trees because of their symmetrical design and hence an appropriate animal in a pine forest would be a fox (as opposed to a panda…)

Specifications:
900mm x 400mm
4mm thick
Stitched Edging - Printed over

Designs:
Summer Nights

Winter Days

Autumn Dusk

Album

Feedback collected thus Far (27/5/2021)

1. Color around campfire looks weird - The ring around the fire wasn't intended to be a shadow but more of a glow from the light emitted by the flames. Will work on this to accentuate better.
2. Forest colours - Change "Summer Nights" forest to Dark to Light trees.
3. Adjust Tent to fit the time setting - Eg. Summer Night will have a darker shaded tent, perhaps a clip in mask to have the campfire glow on the front side of tent.
4. Add details to the overall design - Will look into incorporating the layers better. So far there have been suggestions on how I can do that, thank you all that contributed :)
5. I'm getting feedbacks on changing the animal - Ideas I have at the moment are Summer; bear, Winter; snow fox, Autumn; doe

Note: I will try do my best to incorporate these suggestions but ultimately the aesthetics of the design takes priority. Thank you everyone that has contributed. To those that had yet to fill in the IC form, you can fill it in throught the link below.

To Do List:
More
I will update this as things progresses so keep a lookout!
- Collect & Collate Feedback
- Get Samples
- Contact Vendors & Supplier

IC Form will take less than a minute to fill!! Click here to contribute:)

INSTAGRAM : @keyb.assembly

« Last Edit: Wed, 30 June 2021, 08:32:26 by alexswj »

Offline FishyKeebs

• hey
Re: [IC] Camping Ground Deskmat
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 08:24:13 »
Pretty cool, although I feel like the shadow from the tent is a little off

Offline alexswj

Re: [IC] Camping Ground Deskmat - Updated with Renders
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 11:03:18 »
Hello everyone! I do encourage you to fill in the IC form as I will need a minimum of 200 responses for prototypes to be manufactured!

The form should take less than a minute to fill! :)

Lets all work towards this 200 response!
IC Form: https://forms.gle/7DfscfkRoUywgbvQ6
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 May 2021, 11:08:39 by alexswj »

Offline Jsdfbn

Re: [IC] Camping Ground Deskmat - Updated with Renders
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 16:29:21 »
**** those are clean, count me in