Author Topic: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy [ALL SHIPPED >> REFUND ISSUE]  (Read 1186661 times)

Offline augustoitapoa

Re: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy [SHIPPING]
« Reply #1250 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 10:58:38 »
Hyped!

Harry, you're sending the invoices withouth addons first, that's correct?

There is any updates on the sorting of the addon sets? :D

Looking foward to see these beautys on my babys  :))

Offline kle5635

« Reply #1251 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 03:46:50 »
so when are you shipping the next batch? and how do you sort out whose orders are shipped first and whose orders are shipped later?

Offline Jixr

« Reply #1252 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 08:26:59 »
who would I need to contact to change my shipping info. I'm moving in Jan. and don't want to have my package sent to my old address that I put in the order with.

Offline genkidama

« Reply #1253 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 09:53:17 »
Contact GhostofHarry as he is shipping them asap ;)
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline slinky23

« Reply #1254 on: Thu, 20 November 2014, 23:45:27 »
Can you ship mine over soonest please? Thanks alot

Offline Gingerbeer

« Reply #1255 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 09:49:28 »
For the love of cheese, we all want them quickly, but most accept that he's busy and doesn't need the hassle of fishing out individual orders - Just wait and let Harry work through the list. 

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1256 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 14:49:58 »
stop pushing the man or he might have bad GB experience and wont do it again. Take it easy and not rush him.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline TheMoonUnderWater

« Reply #1257 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 16:37:29 »
Mine arrived today. Thanks Harry! Great quality. All of my keycaps were mint.  ;D

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #1258 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 11:22:44 »
I just got my keys yesterday, and they look great.
Thanks Harry for all your hard work  :thumb:

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1259 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 00:50:49 »
Should have gotten mine on the 21st, but i just noticed they left a note saying i have to pick it up at the Post Office. There were other packages that were left in the mail box and at my door but i have to go pick that up?  :rolleyes:

Now i have to wait till Monday.

Offline DreaMagine

• Head and shoulders, keys and toes
« Reply #1260 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 11:09:45 »
just received mine :) not a big fan of the dolch and granite (i thought the modifiers on the dolch would be a dark grey and a dark green/grey on the granite) but the olivette is <333

thanks for the smooth groupbuy harry! really appreciated :)

What colors are the modifiers actually? I got all three colorways and looking forward to receiving them!

Both black.

Wow that's disappointing to hear :(
I remember I specifically asked this question about the Dolch, whether the modifiers were black or just dark grey. jdcarpe assured me that they were definitely not black, so I went with the Dolch set.

The modifiers in that Massdrop group buy are awfully dark, practically black...is that the exact same keyset as this one in terms of color??

Fairly certain for the 'granite' set the modifiers are supposed to be black, just like the photo in the OP of this thread. The 'dolch' mods would be a dark gray.

Sorry, I was talking about Dolch.  I should have been more clear since I forgot this GB includes Granite and Olivetti as well.

This is the picture I saw on Massdrop.  The modifiers looks very dark, almost black--quite a bit darker than I thought they looked in the OP of this thread.  Maybe it's just the lighting in Harry's picture.  But I thought they would be closer to a dark gray rather than black.

Oh yeah those do look black. Perhaps someone who has a set can chime in. Normally I would have thought 'dolch' would have had dark gray mods not black but I'm not sure how Tai Hao does it after looking at those pics.

I am confused by this as well. I've found pictures of conflicting looking colours used on the Dolch set

Picture shown in OP:
Show Image

Picture shown on Massdrop:
Show Image

Picture I found elsewhere on imgur (I don't believe that it is Tai Hao manufactured though):
Show Image

In some the modifiers are black, others they are more grey. Also the common keys range from grey to brownish-grey/tan colour.

The Granite sets also differ from pictures shown in the OP to ones shown on Massdrop.

It's just different lighting conditions when the photos are taken. They are the same set with the same colors. They are lighter grey and dark grey. Definitely not black modifiers. Dark grey, like the original Dolch sets made by Cherry/GMK.

The third image you posted are GMK manufactured, sold by Originative.

Offline kohi

« Reply #1261 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 20:19:32 »
there's a video by rhinofeed on the taihao dolch set (assuming that the set from massdrop is the same one as the one in this GB) if you want a better look at it..

Offline feizor

« Reply #1262 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 23:33:53 »
Black modifiers?  Thats pretty strange!

Offline Canis-X

« Reply #1263 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 10:02:13 »
Got mine in on Friday, they look great!!!  Thanks Harry!!!   :thumb:

CHEERS!!!!

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1264 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 01:52:08 »
Picked mine up from the post office.

Thanks again!

Offline feizor

« Reply #1265 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 04:10:38 »
Got mine in on Friday, they look great!!!  Thanks Harry!!!   :thumb:

Those modifiers do really very black!

Offline Gingerbeer

« Reply #1266 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 07:46:14 »
If they're black, they ain't Dolch.

Offline Canis-X

« Reply #1267 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 10:47:04 »

Yeah, they are hard to get a pic of that really shows that they are not black, well, with my phone anyway and with the poor light in my office.  Here is about the best pic that I could get that shows the color of the modifiers.

82669-0
CHEERS!!!!

Offline feizor

« Reply #1268 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 15:01:08 »

Yeah, they are hard to get a pic of that really shows that they are not black, well, with my phone anyway and with the poor light in my office.  Here is about the best pic that I could get that shows the color of the modifiers.

(Attachment Link)

Right,  compared to the black color of the keyboard case,  the modifiers do look dark grey.

Offline fart_toast

« Reply #1269 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 08:13:18 »
Any chance of fart_toast row 41 before Xmas?? :D Got my novatouch to home them already! Exciting.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #1270 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 13:09:22 »
stop pushing the man or he might have bad GB experience and wont do it again. Take it easy and not rush him.

For the love of cheese, we all want them quickly, but most accept that he's busy and doesn't need the hassle of fishing out individual orders - Just wait and let Harry work through the list. 

Pushing for early shipment is bad, I agree. But I don't think most of us would mind an update because the shipping statuses on the Final Confirmation spreadsheet haven't been updated past 98/~280 orders shipped in over a week.
null

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #1271 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 16:41:02 »

Pushing for early shipment is bad, I agree. But I don't think most of us would mind an update because the shipping statuses on the Final Confirmation spreadsheet haven't been updated past 98/~280 orders shipped in over a week.

Sorry
As its coming to the end of my semesters, i was too busy handling my schoolwork and i couldnt update the thread
(sorry for repeating this over and over again but I have surely underestimated workload of 2nd year civil engineering major)

I understands everybody wants their keycaps ASAP and I have the responsibility to pass them to you guys too
its very reasonable for you guys to remind me (as my gmail is notifying me about this thread)
and i am trying my best to ship them to you all

As it is coming to the posting period which stops all the international shipments
i guess it will not be possible for me to send all the packages out before holiday comes
but i promise they will be done shortly after Christmas as I will have time to finish them in my semester break

Thanks for all the patience paid even after i have broken promises made in my the first post

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1272 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 16:48:06 »

Sorry
As its coming to the end of my semesters, i was too busy handling my schoolwork and i couldnt update the thread
(sorry for repeating this over and over again but I have surely underestimated workload of 2nd year civil engineering major)

I understands everybody wants their keycaps ASAP and I have the responsibility to pass them to you guys too
its very reasonable for you guys to remind me (as my gmail is notifying me about this thread)

As it is coming to the posting period which stops all the international shipments
i guess it will not be possible for me to send all the packages out before holiday comes
but i promise they will be done shortly after Christmas as I will have time to finish them in my semester break

Thanks for all the patience paid even after i have broken promises made in my the first post

Thanks for the update!

Just curious, are you at HKUST?
null

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #1273 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 16:57:19 »
Thats fine harry I think we just wanted a update more, have a lovely hols then :)
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #1274 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 19:36:47 »

Thanks for the update!

Just curious, are you at HKUST?

Nope,
If i were from HKUST i might have killed myself due to over-stressed :confused: (jkjk)
that's what HKUST is famous for

I'm from THEi, a new university which is starting to build up her reputation
and I'm one of the second session students.

Everything's new and there's a lot of work to do, together with lots of potentials
I'm overwhelmed with student organization duties, as President of Civil Engineering Student Society and Chairman of the Student Union Council
But it's all worth it if I can turn the school into a better place ;)
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 December 2014, 05:59:37 by GhostofHarry »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1275 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 03:16:42 »
Thanks for the update Harry  :thumb:

I have no problem with waiting longer :)

What does this mean for the DIY keyboard bundle? Will this GB still happen in the new year?

Offline fart_toast

« Reply #1276 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 04:50:41 »
Cheers for the update Harry, good luck with the studies!

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #1277 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 07:34:52 »
Everything's new and there's a lot of work to do, together with lots of potentials
I'm overwhelmed with student organization duties, as President of Civil Engineering Student Society and Chairman of the Student Union Council
But it's all worth it if I can turn the school into a better place ;)

Don't worry Harry, I'm ok with waiting till Christmas.

You do know Chinese customs right? Don't owe people things into the Chinese New Year period. I expect to get my stuff before Chinese New Year.

Have written something for you in response to your Hong Kong protests signature. Sadly I can't say what I want to say concisely enough, so I have not time to write enough, and I know you have not enough time to read. But I'll send it to you soon; can't wait too long.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #1278 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 22:45:39 »
Just received mine today, thanks so much for your hard work Harry  :thumb:

Offline genkidama

« Reply #1279 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 02:21:54 »
Post pics of your beautiful caps on your mechs to make the time for the ones waiting bareable ;)
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline Jixr

« Reply #1280 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 10:31:04 »
the wait is a little disappointing since the massdrop GB had shipped quite awhile back, but hopefully we can all get our orders before the end of the year.

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #1281 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 11:44:30 »
Post pics of your beautiful caps on your mechs to make the time for the ones waiting bareable ;)

and im using it to finish my structural analysis lab report at the moment...

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #1282 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 17:31:13 »
Here's two more of mine, sorry for the bad quality:

<<< Click to view

Offline mikochu

« Reply #1283 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 16:46:28 »
Sorry

Offline mlng

« Reply #1284 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 19:22:04 »
Just wanted to chime in that I've received my set here in Aus.  It actually came in last week but I've been so busy I haven't had time to look at it till yesterday.  Thanks for the hard work Harry!  :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1285 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 20:39:39 »
Just wanted to chime in that I've received my set here in Aus.  It actually came in last week but I've been so busy I haven't had time to look at it till yesterday.  Thanks for the hard work Harry!  :)

Mine is very not shipped yet.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1286 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 20:42:32 »
null

Offline DreaMagine

• Head and shoulders, keys and toes
« Reply #1287 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 21:00:19 »
͏͏
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 February 2015, 08:36:47 by DreaMagine »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1288 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 22:33:34 »
Pretty bummed that I won't be getting my keycaps this month at all...
I really thought I'd have them weeks ago but I guess I have much to learn about group buys and patience.

I'm in no rush to get mine - in fact it's probably better if my packages are spaced out a bit so my other half doesn't get too suspicious :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #1289 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 23:22:54 »
I really thought I'd have them weeks ago but I guess I have much to learn about group buys and patience.

I'm in no rush to get mine - in fact it's probably better if my packages are spaced out a bit so my other half doesn't get too suspicious :p

+1

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1290 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 23:25:32 »

+1
+9000
null

Offline fart_toast

« Reply #1291 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 06:40:45 »

+1
+9000

>9000 *scanner reading*

Offline mark_thaddeus

« Reply #1292 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 07:02:44 »
I think my sets arrived, I just got a postal notice and I'll be picking it up tomorrow! I'll keep you guys posted!

Offline mark_thaddeus

« Reply #1293 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 04:44:44 »
Got my caps from the post office, it arrived in my country on the 7th of November and arrived in my local post office on the 19th.

I  just checked the caps and they're all complete! Thanks @GhostofHarry

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #1294 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 10:13:07 »
Sent him a pm if there's any defaulted sets

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #1295 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 20:27:30 »
Sent him a pm if there's any defaulted sets

If all else fails you can have mine; mine are getting sent last for that reason. I'm playing buyer and seller of last resort.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #1296 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 16:03:28 »
Can I be seller of second-last resort?  ;)
I have too many keycaps coming in a profile that's not my most favoured, so, happy to sell some!
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1297 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 16:12:14 »
I will probably be selling my Dolch + Add-Ons when I receive it.  :thumb:
null

Offline barkinos98

• Illinois
« Reply #1298 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 12:30:43 »
Mine came in today, but i missed it out because i was in school.
Will post pics of the set, hope it arrived just alright!
Happy Hacking Professional 2  | Logitech G710+ | Quickfire Rapid MX Clears

Offline Jixr

« Reply #1299 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 13:37:45 »
if anyone has gotten in their ovlivette set, it would be cool if you could post some pictures, I was a late joiner to the buy so i'll probably be one of the last to get my order shipped, but havent seen anyone here who got their set in yet .