Author Topic: Deck Francium for sell on Ebay!!!!  (Read 19549 times)

Offline BucklingSpring

Re: Deck Francium for sell on Ebay!!!!
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 18:55:06 »
Argh...

I can't manage to get answers from North America resellers as of when the Hassium and Francium will be launched.

Grrrrrrrrr

In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline Deck Keyboards

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Deck Keyboards
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 15:07:50 »
Was told by someone at Deck that these should be available state side by the end of the year.

CRAP... I should of wait then.

Hassium and Francium will be on sale through Amazon starting Monday 11/18/13 @ 8:00am central time zone!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 15:55:00 »
Was told by someone at Deck that these should be available state side by the end of the year.

Hassium and Francium will be on sale through Amazon starting Monday 11/18/13 @ 8:00am central time zone!!

Can't get a much more authoritative answer than that :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 19:21:31 »
Finally :-)

And the BIG news thread from Deck also gives prices and where to buy.

I have a very big hug to give to the mechkb.com folks in Australia who were holding a Francium for me and were welling to facilitate a shipping oversea. I now know it will be a lot easier to get it locally from Amazon.

Can't get a much more authoritative answer than that :)

Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline MechKB

• * Vendor
    • MechKB
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 19:38:29 »

:thumb:

Finally :-)

And the BIG news thread from Deck also gives prices and where to buy.

I have a very big hug to give to the mechkb.com folks in Australia who were holding a Francium for me and were welling to facilitate a shipping oversea. I now know it will be a lot easier to get it locally from Amazon.

Not a problem. We're always happy to help out if we can :)

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 21:16:31 »
So can someone explain to me what "Hassium" and "Francium" are? Besides just having the backlit board with pbt doubleshot keys, are these boards really good? How do they compare to the filco? Do they have costar or cherry stabilizers? What kind of profile do the keycaps have that come with these boards? I ask because I'm right about to buy a filco (or maybe a QFR) and a set of thick IMSTO keycaps to go along with it. I had given up on getting a nice backlit board because I really wanted good caps. If this thing is going to be available to order as soon as monday, its obviously worth waiting for. I'm just trying to figure out the details. Thanks!

Offline catnipz0098

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 21:52:40 »
Wish they had other colors for LED

Offline Deck Keyboards

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Deck Keyboards
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 10:59:40 »
Do they have costar or cherry stabilizers? What kind of profile do the keycaps have that come with these boards?

Our boards use cherry stabilizers, and contoured keys, as opposed to the flat profile of the previous generation Deck. 

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 11:13:29 »
So can someone explain to me what "Hassium" and "Francium" are? Besides just having the backlit board with pbt doubleshot keys, are these boards really good? How do they compare to the filco? Do they have costar or cherry stabilizers? What kind of profile do the keycaps have that come with these boards? I ask because I'm right about to buy a filco (or maybe a QFR) and a set of thick IMSTO keycaps to go along with it. I had given up on getting a nice backlit board because I really wanted good caps. If this thing is going to be available to order as soon as monday, its obviously worth waiting for. I'm just trying to figure out the details. Thanks!

Hassium is element 108, and Francium is element 87. The boards are supposed to be well built and sturdy, about the same as Filco, I'd surmise. IMSTO caps will definitely be better, but that's true for anything. Honestly, the Vortex keycaps are much better in my opinion, and they've got designs of double-shot PBT backlight-friendly keys on the way, with a less disgusting font. I just think that you'd hate looking at it, and if you're going to replace the keycaps there is no reason to get this board, considering that they aren't even offering Clears their boards (reference their recently started thread) and Filcos are definitely on par with quality and not nearly as overpriced.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 November 2013, 12:28:24 by Linkbane »
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline dante

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 11:39:38 »
Hassium is element 108, and Francium is element 87. The boards are supposed to be well built and sturdy, about the same as Filco, I'd surmise. IMSTO caps will definitely be better, but that's true for anything. Honestly, the Vortex keycaps are much better in my opinion, and they've got designs of double-shot PBT backlight-friendly keys on the way, with a less disgusting font. I just think that you'd hate looking at it, and if you're going to replace the keycaps there is no reason to get this board, considering that they aren't even offering Clears or Reds on their boards (reference their recently started thread) and Filcos are definitely on par with quality and not nearly as overpriced.

This is so biased I don't even know where to begin.

Do you own either the Francium/Hassium that is being released out of the US?  It's supposed to have much better keycaps than the one out of Asia.  And since it's not released yet I'm curious how you can judge it being better/worse than others?

Vortex can eat a bag of ****s.  In the early days they screwed iMav several times, are terrible at communication, and have generally poor product.  One of their first keysets had a key that was incorrect (backslash pipe.)  Who the F*** does that?  As far as upcoming double shot set - who cares.

Finally, Filco is "definitely on par with quality and not nearl as over priced."  Again, do you own a Francium/Hassium to judge?  And why aren't you complaining that the Filco doesn't have Clears since it was your complaint about the Deck?

The more I read your post the more I think you are trolling or you work/sell for Vortex.

Yes the font isn't what you hoped for - boo hoo - go be butt hurt somewhere else.

Offline Deck Keyboards

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Deck Keyboards
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 11:49:22 »
...considering that they aren't even offering Clears or Reds on their boards (reference their recently started thread)

Just want to clarify that we are offering red switches.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 12:27:50 »
...considering that they aren't even offering Clears or Reds on their boards (reference their recently started thread)

Just want to clarify that we are offering red switches.

My bad, sorry about the misinformed libel. Edited.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 12:39:05 »

Do you own either the Francium/Hassium that is being released out of the US?  It's supposed to have much better keycaps than the one out of Asia.  And since it's not released yet I'm curious how you can judge it being better/worse than others?

Vortex can eat a bag of ****s.  In the early days they screwed iMav several times, are terrible at communication, and have generally poor product.  One of their first keysets had a key that was incorrect (backslash pipe.)  Who the F*** does that?  As far as upcoming double shot set - who cares.

Finally, Filco is "definitely on par with quality and not nearl as over priced."  Again, do you own a Francium/Hassium to judge?  And why aren't you complaining that the Filco doesn't have Clears since it was your complaint about the Deck?

The more I read your post the more I think you are trolling or you work/sell for Vortex.

Yes the font isn't what you hoped for - boo hoo - go be butt hurt somewhere else.

Be angry if you'd like. Perhaps it's difficult for you to understand that someone can severely dislike a keyboard based on actually researching it and that people who don't like a keyboard don't have a hidden agenda.

I know exactly the keycaps used on the Francium/Hassium, and I know exactly that they are thin PBT DS, different from the Korean ABS. There seems to be a lot of repressed butthurt about Vortex from you, but their products are not overpriced, and they listen to the community, as can be seen by their recent creation of the inverted mod set and changing of fonts. I don't think that Deck has changed their font, ever. Obviously you don't care, because you're incredibly in love with the Deck. Kudos.

Of course this will be biased. The keyboard in my opinion is not worth it because I don't like the font and otherwise it seems overpriced for what you're getting. Perhaps you love it, that's great. Also, CM had a top-printed key instead of side-printed on their ISO Stealth, and people didn't make too much of an issue because the problem was fixed, something which can't be said about the Deck's font.

I also don't complain about the Filcos not having Clears because they've never offered them. The only appeal of a Deck to me was that they came with stock Clears, and perhaps Whites if I remember correctly. So in essence, they're offering the same product, without Clears, and with the same, controversial, shall we say, font. There's been no change besides the addition of the Francium and the removal of Clear switches.

I'm not really in the mood to argue with someone who accuses others of being butthurt, because I never blew $200+ dollars to get a keyboard with font uglier than Razer's.

Offline dante

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 13:22:36 »
I know exactly the keycaps used on the Francium/Hassium, and I know exactly that they are thin PBT DS, different from the Korean ABS.

How do you know they are thin?  Link/Source?

There seems to be a lot of repressed butthurt about Vortex from you, but their products are not overpriced, and they listen to the community, as can be seen by their recent creation of the inverted mod set and changing of fonts. I don't think that Deck has changed their font, ever. Obviously you don't care, because you're incredibly in love with the Deck. Kudos.

I never said their products were overpriced - I said they were crap.  As far as listening to the community most vendors have to plead and beg for information regarding product.  Why support someone who treats their vendors like they don't matter?

I'm not really in the mood to argue with someone who accuses others of being butthurt, because I never blew $200+ dollars to get a keyboard with font uglier than Razer's.

Per Deck:

Quote from: Deck
Prices on Amazon will range from $148 - $173 depending on which board selection, LED's and switch types.

So where are you getting this magical $200+ price from?  Now that it's being sold on Amazon there will probably be free shipping to boot.

If you don't want to get into an argument then stop spreading false information.  For the record I'm not - as you put it - in love with Deck.  I just think it's ignorant to bash a product that hasn't even been released yet - in this case the version being put out by Deck of Wisconsin.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 21:51:15 »
One assumption I make even before owning those keyboard is about the keycaps.

They'r PBT doubleshots. Previous Deck's keycaps were also pbt but had flat profile.

Deck is claiming the new one are  better. For one the surface no longer shows the insert on top (sometime leaking light on the edges)
And they are now contoured. Finally they are still using the same durable material that has outlast any backlit keycaps the competition is trying to make.

So based on that, I don't think it is biased to say they will still have the best keycaps on the market.

Now for the board itself. The layout surely looks like Duckies. How does the built compares... We'll see their guts soon enough.
Deck boards were well made before. I don't expect anything less from them.

Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline uberknarf

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 10:48:34 »
... a keyboard with font uglier than Razer's.

Without weighing in on the conversation, I've gotta tell you this got a laugh outta me. Not because of the dollar amount, but because it's my main issue with these caps, as beautiful as the board/caps are otherwise.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 16:31:37 »
I have yet to find someone who likes Deck's font.

Deck's are to fonts what Buckley is to cough syrup "It Tastes Awful. And It Works." a slogan, which became, and still is, very successful.

Without weighing in on the conversation, I've gotta tell you this got a laugh outta me. Not because of the dollar amount, but because it's my main issue with these caps, as beautiful as the board/caps are otherwise.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline Deck Keyboards

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Deck Keyboards
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 10:22:22 »
Here is the link to our store front on Amazon - www.amazon.com/shops/tg3electronics. Check out our new products today!

Offline dante

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 10:39:49 »
Here is the link to our store front on Amazon - www.amazon.com/shops/tg3electronics. Check out our new products today!

Waiting for this to hit MechanicalKeyboards.com / Tiger Imports.

Offline Deck Keyboards

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Deck Keyboards
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 10:45:50 »
We will eventually be selling through Tiger Imports.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 18:33:58 »
Tried to buy on your Amazon store... Problem with the order... We can't ship to your location (Canada) :((((((((((((((

Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline MechKB

• * Vendor
    • MechKB
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 06:22:32 »
<snip>
I know exactly the keycaps used on the Francium/Hassium, and I know exactly that they are thin PBT DS, different from the Korean ABS. There seems to be a lot of repressed butthurt about Vortex from you, but their products are not overpriced, and they listen to the community, as can be seen by their recent creation of the inverted mod set and changing of fonts. I don't think that Deck has changed their font, ever. Obviously you don't care, because you're incredibly in love with the Deck. Kudos.
<snip>

Thin PBT? Are they using different caps in the US market to what they're currently shipping in Australia? The Deck Hassiums we have seem like thick PBT to me?

Also $200+ ? Are you referring to a previous line of keyboards or...?

I'm confused :|

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 15:03:49 »
I have yet to find someone who likes Deck's font.

Deck's are to fonts what Buckley is to cough syrup "It Tastes Awful. And It Works." a slogan, which became, and still is, very successful.

I sort of like it, although I have to admit some letters (e.g. S) could look better.

However, I don't care about fonts too much in general.

BTW please, don't use top-posting.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 20:24:07 »
 :p spil ym daeR

BTW please, don't use top-posting.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline Awful

• Don't Topre.
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 22:54:01 »
Man if it wasn't for those damn "gamer blue" leds. I'd be all over it. I might order one anyway.
I hate everything.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 19:05:28 »
Man if it wasn't for those damn "gamer blue" leds. I'd be all over it. I might order one anyway.

They also come with white LEDs
45357-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 November 2013, 19:07:41 by BucklingSpring »
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline Deck Keyboards

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Deck Keyboards
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 08:57:14 »
A few people have expressed confusion about the double shot keycaps and where these are being sold. Please note ONLY THE US will be selling double shot keycaps. With your choice of with both Blue or White LED's and blue, red or brown switches.

We are in the process of working with distibutors, however through the 1st of the year we will only be selling on Amazon.

Check out our store front: www.amazon.com/shops/tg3electronics