Author Topic: [IC] Lin Works Whale 75  (Read 71989 times)

Offline kevinlim

Re: [IC] Lin Works Whale 75
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 19:39:36 »
What about the keyboard dictates 550 USD? Normal whale was a lot less than this. Not good

Probably going to get hated on for this - - -

If this wasn't a Korean maker then you guys would have been malding very hard. Just because they're Korean and they have made keyboards in the past doesn't mean they are entitled to raise the price by so much.
 :-[

Hello. Thx for the feedback.

Please check below comments.

If you mean previous whale which we ran in 2014, the price was around usd 290.
And by that time, we only ran local gb, as a player who has same hobby.

The price contained very limited margin and Lin had covered all the unexpected added cost, which happens very often during the GB.

We ran another round in 2017, price increased a bit for like 350 including pcb.

Here’s some factors for price increase, comparing whale and whale 75.

1. Brass weight. Lin box. And out sourcing pcb to compatible with qmk/via, including the knob.
2. There is more risk compare to holding local gb.
3. The cost for everything for production has been increased from last whale gb.
4. Added some margins to cover fixed cost.

Besides, we do all the process in Korea.
And recent Korean currency rate against USD is not so good, which means we get less Korean money to pay for the factories even when you pay the same.

I think it is not a good approach to compare apple to apple with something happened 7 years ago.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 19:58:31 »
What about the keyboard dictates 550 USD? Normal whale was a lot less than this. Not good

If this wasn't a Korean maker then you guys would have been malding very hard. Just because they're Korean and they have made keyboards in the past doesn't mean they are entitled to raise the price by so much.

Seems like a rather immature comparison and a bit of a targeted/prejudiced response (re: the designer being Korean in origin) -- what price are you comparing this to?

Kevin seems to already have provided a response that captures most of it -- that the exchange rate is different from the time when the keyboard ran in 2014 (Whale) and now. Manufacturing in Korea isn't cheap; it'd be a similar story if things were manufactured in the States. It simply does not compare to outsourcing manufacturing to Chinese factories. You might want to mention the most recent "Whale Drop" this year. That one was a special circumstance (to celebrate Lin's wedding anniversary, of all things), and half of those boards were even sold at the 2014 price.

It's not fair to compare dollar amounts from more than half a decade ago, when you have to take inflation, tariffs, and overall cost (workers' salaries, changes in manufacturing processes, etc) into consideration. I am surprised that of all people you are bringing this up in such a manner, that it seems to me that the entitled individual isn't the designer here but you, to feel that the circumstances should be comparable 1:1. What about other boards that are charging $600-700, even $800 at retail? How do they determine their prices? Have you thought about what is being considered in each situation?

I'm disappointed by your response.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 20:38:47 »

Seems like a rather immature comparison and a bit of a targeted/prejudiced response (re: the designer being Korean in origin) -- what price are you comparing this to?

Kevin seems to already have provided a response that captures most of it -- that the exchange rate is different from the time when the keyboard ran in 2014 (Whale) and now. Manufacturing in Korea isn't cheap; it'd be a similar story if things were manufactured in the States. It simply does not compare to outsourcing manufacturing to Chinese factories. You might want to mention the most recent "Whale Drop" this year. That one was a special circumstance (to celebrate Lin's wedding anniversary, of all things), and half of those boards were even sold at the 2014 price.

It's not fair to compare dollar amounts from more than half a decade ago, when you have to take inflation, tariffs, and overall cost (workers' salaries, changes in manufacturing processes, etc) into consideration. I am surprised that of all people you are bringing this up in such a manner, that it seems to me that the entitled individual isn't the designer here but you, to feel that the circumstances should be comparable 1:1. What about other boards that are charging $600-700, even $800 at retail? How do they determine their prices? Have you thought about what is being considered in each situation?

I am an idiot, thank you for clearing it up
Sorry for doubting you Kevin
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline FlitzDeelman

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 23:42:39 »

Hello. Thx for the feedback.

Please check below comments.

Here’s some factors for price increase, comparing whale and whale 75.

1. Brass weight. Lin box. And out sourcing pcb to compatible with qmk/via, including the knob.
2. There is more risk compare to holding local gb.
3. The cost for everything for production has been increased from last whale gb.
4. Added some margins to cover fixed cost.

Besides, we do all the process in Korea.
And recent Korean currency rate against USD is not so good, which means we get less Korean money to pay for the factories even when you pay the same.

I think it is not a good approach to compare apple to apple with something happened 7 years ago.

Thanks for clarifying Kevin. Your justification seems good to me.

I didn’t really like the tone of the original question, but I share the concern. Keyboards have become very expensive.

And yet I hear examples such as Jacky making a loss on all his S7 Elephant boards, meaning they won’t run again and I can never get one. So the risk associated with a GB is real.

And I am willing to pay for a QMK-compatible PCB, I was considering buying an extra one from Hiney if he ever made one, so you’ve solved a problem for me there.

I would love to own a Kustom, so I’m interested, if my wallet can be stretched.

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 00:56:33 »
Geon posted this for people, even though he didn't have to.

Now take out the features from that list that this board doesn't have. There's still not much left over for overhead costs of running an actual business--NOT a fun local project for you and your friends--an actual business.
If you want more keyboards from a certain maker, you have to allow for them to price it with some profit to put towards making MORE keyboards. Otherwise, just expect that the board will go to friends and you can pay aftermarket prices.

IF you have specific gripes with the keyboard like the USB port, or the plate cutouts, or the lack of a specific feature, please express that in a polite way. 

Edit: after listening to a polite Kiwi talk much more eloquently than I could ever hope, I edited the post to be less abrasive.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2020, 01:18:09 by Jaxxstatic »

Offline Havattack

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 11:05:31 »
We are also in the midst of  the 1st, and largest global pandemic in modern history.. That might make things a tad bit more expensive..

Anywho, this keeb is so god damn dope. The colors are amazing.

Offline FlitzDeelman

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:51:25 »
The colours look beautiful.

Will the prototypes be built on a stream / YouTube video some time?

Offline stimuz

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 05:13:25 »

I don't get why you lead into this with racist claims. Koreans dominated the custom keyboard scene back when other designers were still making acrylic sandwich mounts. It's like saying koreans dominating esports is racism. They've been known for their premium boards for a long time, which I believe was the point he was making. Second, designers can price their board however they want, but the boards typically breaking 800 have all brass bottoms or are from designers who pull aftermarket prices of 2k+, who I assume want a piece of the pie they're cooking. Another thing to keep in mind with this discussion is that a 75% is basically a TKL in material cost, so a 75% isn't typically in the price range of a 60-65%.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 December 2020, 05:35:26 by stimuz »

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 09:29:09 »

I don't get why you lead into this with racist claims. Koreans dominated the custom keyboard scene back when other designers were still making acrylic sandwich mounts. It's like saying koreans dominating esports is racism. They've been known for their premium boards for a long time, which I believe was the point he was making. Second, designers can price their board however they want, but the boards typically breaking 800 have all brass bottoms or are from designers who pull aftermarket prices of 2k+, who I assume want a piece of the pie they're cooking. Another thing to keep in mind with this discussion is that a 75% is basically a TKL in material cost, so a 75% isn't typically in the price range of a 60-65%.

I did not intend for my reply to be racist. I am really sorry if I offended everyone, I really don't like arguing. I will try to clear up what I meant
My point is, please look at what you are buying before you approve it. Some people, like Kevin here are able to disclose their high prices for good reasons. Some people make their price high for no reason.

Recently in the last few months I have seen Koreans flipping kustoms to Westerners at very high prices, who end up buying them for those inflated prices. This is not only in Korea - it happens worldwide - where people are buying keyboards just to flip them a few months later when GB is fulfilled.
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/kbgljo/krhf18x_navyburgundyblack_wpaypal/

As a hobbyist and an enthusiast I really don't appreciate this kind of behavior. These high aftermarket prices are starting to leak into the heads of people doing ICs, where you see a lot of high priced keyboards with no justification for their price. Lin boards have been selling for a lot of money aftermarket, and I at first  thought  that Kevin increased the price because Lin boards have a lot of clout.

Thank you everyone for giving me good reasons and explaining to me your point of view.
Again, I apologize if I was racist.
Sincerely, treeleaf

P.S. there is a disclaimer in my banner saying I may display immature behavior at times
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 December 2020, 09:31:35 by treeleaf64 »
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 13:55:28 »
a 75% is basically a TKL in material cost

machine time is the cost that matters, not material cost

second this is a moot argument that you didn't need to reignite
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline kawhi

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 20:06:10 »
this looks really nice. will there be other pictures of the burgundy red? want to get a better sense of how dark or bright the red is

Offline kevinlim

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 23:30:30 »
Updated some picture of built whale 75 in military green color.

Updated official pictures of artisan sculptures.

Thx to alphakeys, hellocaps, CYSM

Offline kevinlim

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 02:05:10 »
this looks really nice. will there be other pictures of the burgundy red? want to get a better sense of how dark or bright the red is

I will update more picture when I have chance to take some more picture of it.

It is dark and matt red.

Offline $W4GK!NG

• Keyboard/Car/Audio Enthusiast
    • Linktree
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 02:14:17 »
Damm, I wish I could've cop this board, sadly I'm dont have the budget to do so right now, hopefully Lyn continue to make more good board that in the future I might be able to cop

Offline wholean

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 08:28:26 »
Looks so good! Let me pay extra for the Lin engraving  ;) but in all seriousness, will there be any other plate options other than brass? I love how Pom half plates or alu plates sound on most Lin boards! Such a nice sound!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 08:29:04 »
Looks so good! Let me pay extra for the Lin engraving  ;) but in all seriousness, will there be any other plate options other than brass? I love how Pom half plates or alu plates sound on most Lin boards! Such a nice sound!
Alu and brass will be the available options, per what I just read in the Discord

Offline visorthree

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 13 December 2020, 23:21:44 »
so we get to choose which artisan we want to raffle and doesnt have to be the same color of the artisan theme (for example i do not have to buy green color to roll for the green keypora?)

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 05:29:09 »
so we get to choose which artisan we want to raffle and doesnt have to be the same color of the artisan theme (for example i do not have to buy green color to roll for the green keypora?)
Yeah, to make it clear. It is fully blind. There is no choice involved.

Buying a board gives the buyer the right to one ticket. Buying two boards, for two tickets.

Selected tickets/winners will pay an invoice for a keycap at random. (Any of the three makers) I'm not yet 100% sure if the invoice will come from Linworks or from the maker (if the latter, then you would know what you got), but the point is that it's a random selection process.

So you won't know what color or sculpt you got until you receive it in the mail!

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 23:01:16 »
Love it.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 08:23:52 »

Buying a board gives the buyer the right to one ticket. Buying two boards, for two tickets.

Selected tickets/winners will pay an invoice for a keycap at random. (Any of the three makers) I'm not yet 100% sure if the invoice will come from Linworks or from the maker (if the latter, then you would know what you got), but the point is that it's a random selection process.

So you won't know what color or sculpt you got until you receive it in the mail!
That sounds like a horrible idea. I don't want some random keycap that might have a sculpt i don't like AND a colorway I don't like. Lame.Lame.
EDit: I just looked up the keycap designs...hard pass. The owl was the only decent one, and not in that color.
How new are you to this hobby? I actually agree. I've always hated paying for a random sculpt. But that's just how collaboration artisan sales have been forever. It's the norm. Just don't buy into it if you don't want it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 December 2020, 08:26:50 by KingOfMemes »

Offline tngpq

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 08:45:56 »

That sounds like a horrible idea. I don't want some random keycap that might have a sculpt i don't like AND a colorway I don't like. Lame.Lame.
EDit: I just looked up the keycap designs...hard pass. The owl was the only decent one, and not in that color.
How new are you to this hobby? I actually agree. I've always hated paying for a random sculpt. But that's just how collaboration artisan sales have been forever. It's the norm. Just don't buy into it if you don't want it.

Being the norm doesn't mean it has to continue. It's a stupid norm to be honest.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 08:49:33 »

Being the norm doesn't mean it has to continue. It's a stupid norm to be honest.
Again, totally agree. You can say it shouldn't be the norm without being a jackass about it though

Offline FlitzDeelman

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 12:12:59 »

Again, totally agree. You can say it shouldn't be the norm without being a jackass about it though
Agreed. Please keep it constructive.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 12:13:31 »

Can I, like, not have to get alerted for this kind of discussion, though

That said, I'm not a fan of blind-bag myself, but it's up to the seller to do whatever they want.

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 13:32:17 »
The plate from the pictures looks much better than the rendered plate.
That was the only thing holding me back for this. Very excited for this board now.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 14:28:32 »
That was the only thing holding me back for this. Very excited for this board now.

Yeah, I believe the plate on the renders were just a placeholder as the renders were rushed a bit.

Offline tngpq

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 05:46:35 »
This is exactly the problem. "Just not buying into it if you don't want it" does not solve this sub-optimal practice. Is this really efficient? Unless the goal is to generate unnecessary secondary market. Calling out a stupid practice as stupid is not a jackass move in my books. How difficult is it to generate a separate pool for each draw. Seriously..

Anyways, I am joining in a green, looks fantastic.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 08:24:31 »
This is exactly the problem. "Just not buying into it if you don't want it" does not solve this sub-optimal practice. Is this really efficient? Unless the goal is to generate unnecessary secondary market. Calling out a stupid practice as stupid is not a jackass move in my books. How difficult is it to generate a separate pool for each draw. Seriously..

Anyways, I am joining in a green, looks fantastic.
Calling out a stupid practice for being stupid is not a jackass move. Directly insulting the sculpt is. The user could have just left it at calling out the dumb practice, but they just HAD to make an edit talking about how they "hard passing on the designs" anyway.

But I also believe "Just not buying into it if you don't want it" is the best shot we have at ending the ****ty practice. Voting with your wallet in the freemarket is how that stuff works. You think they care that you and I think it's a dumb practice when they sell out with raffles?

Offline kevinlim

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 08:53:27 »
There will be discount as per total amount of whale 75 orders

- USD 30 discount for all the order over 300 qty
 - USD 50 discount for all the order over 500 qty

The invoice will be sent out with discounted price, when it is made.
Thank you

Once more thing

Price is reduced for model without knob.
 - Knob layout = USD 550
 - F13 layout = USD 540

typing test link

https://clips.twitch.tv/GoodAcceptableChipmunkDoggo
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 December 2020, 09:43:00 by kevinlim »

Offline Havattack

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 09:48:08 »

Thank you

Once more thing

- Knob layout = USD 550
 - F13 layout = USD 540

Can you speak as to what time (time zone) the GB will be opening? I think you said it was based in Korea, Korean Standard Time?
 If it is, we got less then 24hrs left! Nioce.

Offline Hern

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 10:01:03 »

Thank you

Once more thing

- Knob layout = USD 550
 - F13 layout = USD 540

Can you speak as to what time (time zone) the GB will be opening? I think you said it was based in Korea, Korean Standard Time?
 If it is, we got less then 24hrs left! Nioce.

Also for the discount does that mean if we have at least 300 buyers for the keyboard that there will be a $30 discount and if you sell 500 keyboards total then everyone gets a $50 discount?

Offline Havattack

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 10:03:38 »
Yes, that's what it means.

Offline stepstone82

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 09:16:11 »
GB just started.
https://forms.gle/3vdKCbMq8goVqpc86
Form will stay for 24hours

나의 SM-N971N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Offline tonny950111

• valar morghulis valar dohaeris
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 09:41:26 »

Yeah, I believe the plate on the renders were just a placeholder as the renders were rushed a bit.

When will you do proto build stream for this?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 09:46:03 »
When will you do proto build stream for this?

Things have been a bit busy/messy with the holiday season + pandemic; if I'm sent a unit, I will do a build, but don't expect to see a build before the GB/payment date is up.

Duckbae did a build and there's a typing video on the Discord server.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 11:12:40 »
Gb form submitted!

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 11:13:08 »
Im so confused.. wasn't this supposed to open up today? The 19th? Was planning on joining but Iguess this opened yesterday instead?

Offline kevinlim

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 11:58:58 »
Im so confused.. wasn't this supposed to open up today? The 19th? Was planning on joining but Iguess this opened yesterday instead?

Hello, I just found out I made you guys confused by not mentioning standard time zone.

I will open the form here for some more time.

Sorry for the mess.

https://forms.gle/ybC7yzhwMZFUD7fu6

Offline Havattack

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 12:05:58 »

The Korean time zone is a full 24 hours a head of a lot of the western hemisphere, or at least my time zone. So the 19th for them was the 18th for you.
I did post here asking before it went live,  to make sure when exactley, but it was  unfortunately missed by everyone.

Offline stepstone82

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 20 December 2020, 02:57:55 »
Discord update

Hello.
Here's  update for the order counting.

We are getting orders from Korean local gb until today.
And by all your support and help, we think the total amount of order will be little over 400.

So here's what I am going to do.

We will open the form for one more day.
 - I was informed that there was some people confused the gb date because I did not stated the standard time zone.
   Hope this decision might be help for those who confused the date.

Now the price will be 500 (knob) and 490 (f13).
If the order does not meet 500, I will cover all the left qty to keep the price.

Please check below updated time line.

1. Order form close - Dec 21 23:59 (KST)
2. Invoice date - Dec 22 (KST)
3. Invoice due date - Dec 25 (KST)
4. Artisan raffle and announcement - Dec 26 (KST)
5. Estimated shipping date - 2021 end of July

Here's some more information added.
- The PCB has underglow RGB but the lights will not go through well with the pc plate.
  Please do not order PC plate for that RGB transparent reason. Underglow RGB function is just to accommodate potential future product.
- The knob will be included in standard package with knob layout. The color will be champagne gold, and design is not yet fixed.
  We will update once we fix the knob design

Thank you

Order Form
https://forms.gle/wTjVcuUQ1Rpgcasy9

나의 SM-N971N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Offline Havattack

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 17:34:15 »
bump. order form's open again.

Offline FoxFire007

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 02:51:51 »
No....missed it

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Offline Invezting

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 01:02:50 »
Love the green!

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 21:04:14 »
My Whale75 arrived, all parts intact. Shipping box could have been better, as it would have prevented the carrying case getting crushed, but at the least the keyboard was safe.

For anyone that might participate in a future Lin Works GB I just want to verify that they do deliver and have great communication.

My one grip is two marks at on the top case (visible all the time) that Lime Works has confirmed is within A-stock tolerances. I disagree, as the placement of the scratches is highly visible and degrades the value of the product.

Maybe I'm being too picky, and I'm willing to own that, but after shelling out over $600, I expected more.

/peace

Offline Havattack

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 13:58:52 »
My Whale75 arrived, all parts intact. Shipping box could have been better, as it would have prevented the carrying case getting crushed, but at the least the keyboard was safe.

For anyone that might participate in a future Lin Works GB I just want to verify that they do deliver and have great communication.

My one grip is two marks at on the top case (visible all the time) that Lime Works has confirmed is within A-stock tolerances. I disagree, as the placement of the scratches is highly visible and degrades the value of the product.

Maybe I'm being too picky, and I'm willing to own that, but after shelling out over $600, I expected more.

/peace

Show Image

I think that's acceptable for "a-stock". Barely acceptable, but acceptable (assuming those are the only defects you've found, any more, and it is starting to get into b stock area)
I could not agree more as far as the packaging is concerned. My box was torn up, and for some reason, the pcb was packaged outside of the carrying case, and with the big ass tears in my box, it is a miracle it did not fall out, or get damaged... (It was finger nail biting testing the pcb after it arrived.. Something I'm usually too lazy and dumb to do, even though i know i should..)
The purple color is a little too muted for my taste, but i plan on  refinishing it anway, so it doesn't really matter. EDIT: actaully, after looking at the proto pics.. it is WAY too muted. Mine just looks silver, with a hint of purple in the right light.. Maybe i got a silver by mistake? I'll post a pic later.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 July 2021, 14:13:19 by Havattack »

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 11:19:18 »

/peace

Show Image

I think that's acceptable for "a-stock". Barely acceptable, but acceptable (assuming those are the only defects you've found, any more, and it is starting to get into b stock area)
I could not agree more as far as the packaging is concerned. My box was torn up, and for some reason, the pcb was packaged outside of the carrying case, and with the big ass tears in my box, it is a miracle it did not fall out, or get damaged... (It was finger nail biting testing the pcb after it arrived.. Something I'm usually too lazy and dumb to do, even though i know i should..)
The purple color is a little too muted for my taste, but i plan on  refinishing it anway, so it doesn't really matter. EDIT: actaully, after looking at the proto pics.. it is WAY too muted. Mine just looks silver, with a hint of purple in the right light.. Maybe i got a silver by mistake? I'll post a pic later.
I appreciate the feedback of others, as the sometimes need to have my expectations put in their place.

With that said, Lin Works worked something out and have been great at communication!

Huge credit to the designer to stand behind their product :)

Offline Havattack

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 12 November 2021, 00:43:29 »
Finally Built ma whale -  Just need to re-coil the cable... wrapped it the wrong direction.