Author Topic: [IC] GMK Bingsu R2 [GB Starts July 7]  (Read 59147 times)

Offline Project Keyboard

• Project Keyboard
[IC] GMK Bingsu R2 [GB Starts July 7]
« on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 08:53:20 »

GMK BINGSU R2
your favorite summertime dessert is back!

KITTING

Base kit covers most common layouts with terminal-ISO support with accent modifiers.
More

Hangul kit has been reverted back to a child kit. Includes extra B and mod pipe for aesthetic support.
More

Spacebar kit covers split, alice (extra B), and accent 625u and 700u spacebars.
More

Aesthetic kit includes Icon Mods, extends 65%, 660,  60% staggered with arrow cluster, and basic unix/mac support.
More

Mod kit provides coverage to replace mods to alpha-colored (including numpad and F13)
More

More

International kit has been reduced while terminal-ISO added to base.
More

DESKMATS

COLORS

ROUND 1 PHOTOS

Photo: @taehatypes

Photo: @_minterly

Photo: @hqle26

Photo: @tamvibes

RENDERS
*MORE RENDERS COMING*

Kendo

Tengu

Valkyrie

VENDORS:

US: projectkeyboard.com
CA: deskhero.ca
EU: mykeyboard.eu
UK: prototypists.net
AUS: dailyclack.com
SEA: ilumkb
CN: zfrontier.com
SA: fancycustoms.com
KOR: swagkeys.com

PRICING:

TIMELINE:

GB Start: JULY 7, 2021
GB End: AUGUST 8, 2021
Est. Ship Date: Q3 2022

« Last Edit: Fri, 02 July 2021, 14:20:46 by Project Keyboard »

Offline of_sam

Re: [IC] GMK Bingsu R2
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 08:59:32 »
Please consider not locking Alice bars in the extension kit.
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline pcire

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 09:33:29 »

^ Please!

Offline cijanzen

[IC] GMK Bingsu R2
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 09:36:24 »
You’ve got spacebars in the accent, extension, and forties kit.

Edit: perhaps that actually warrants splitting them out on their own? I haven’t kept up with GMK kitting so much but that would be typical for SP kitting.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 June 2021, 09:43:55 by cijanzen »

Offline Grant-GG

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 09:42:14 »
thank you for R2

Offline singabore

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 09:45:13 »
Let's goooo

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 09:46:20 »
Not Interested.

Offline of_sam

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 09:47:22 »

Edit: perhaps that actually warrants splitting them out on their own? I haven’t kept up with GMK kitting so much but that would be typical for SP kitting.
There are plenty of ways to kit without putting alpha colored bars in kits that will be $40+. I don't need any of the other keys in the Extension or 40's kits besides the two bars. There is also not enough shifts in the base to make a makeshift Alice layout using shifts as spacebars.
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline cijanzen

[IC] GMK Bingsu R2
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 09:51:16 »

There are plenty of ways to kit without putting alpha colored bars in kits that will be $40+. I don't need any of the other keys in the Extension or 40's kits besides the two bars. There is also not enough shifts in the base to make a makeshift Alice layout using shifts as spacebars.
Yeah, I guess I was initially just pointing out that they’re available in a couple kits, but now seeing that there’s a lot of redundancy there and hence the edit.

Would it be outrageous to put the bars and accent bars in a standalone kit and remove the bars from the other kits?

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 09:52:55 »
Consider adding basic ISO support to base kit.

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 09:53:36 »
What thread am I supposed to be looking at ._.

Anyhow, consider dropping off center space and adding alpha coloured 3-1-3 bars for the “accents” kit.  Some form of iso in base would be cool. Excited to see an r2 tho  :thumb:

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 10:01:46 »
Personally, I think the kitting here makes a lot of sense. ISO users may see some better pricing because they’re grouped with the extension kit (in an ideal world at least).

Base kit covers a decent chunk of boards but perhaps with, I think just one more shift(?) could cover Alice in a less ideal way.

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 10:08:16 »
that extension kit makes me want to quit the hobby

Offline Laur

• Formerly dudeship
  • gmk retro runic
    • wip
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 10:10:00 »

i couldn't have said it better myself

also why did you post this ic 4 times?

Offline pcire

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 10:14:21 »

Would it be outrageous to put the bars and accent bars in a standalone kit and remove the bars from the other kits?

Not sure how much it affects pricing, but something like this is what I’d love to see.

Offline SafeAtShore

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 10:18:09 »
An actual GH IC thread? Nice.

Really appreciate the re-introduction of accent keys in 40s kit. Would it be possible to add a 1.5u shift in 40s kit as well? Otherwise, I'd say it's looking real good.
EDIT: No, wait. Why is it only 1.75u enter? 1.5u enter + accent would be great.
EDIT 2: As Steve said below (and upon closer inspection), that 1.75u mod-colored enter appears to be mislabeled. Would still appreciate 1.5u enter accent and 1.5u shift.

I'm digging the icon + text, although I didn't mind just icons--as long as it's consistent throughout the kits.

Ambivalent about the extensions kit. A lot of other sets usually have those caps in the base kit, don't they? I'd only get it for the shift keys, which... idk if I want to pay for a whole kit just for shift keys. But if base kit pricing works out to be lower, then fair's fair I guess.

I kinda like the abundance of mini bars; can never have too many.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 June 2021, 10:46:34 by SafeAtShore »

Offline cijanzen

[IC] GMK Bingsu R2
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 10:18:16 »

Neither of you have said why you dislike the kit or offered alternatives.

What isn’t working? And what about the kit would you change?

Offline Macmutant

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 10:33:07 »
Thanks for running this set again. Looking forward to picking it up. Def in for base, extension, and maybe the accent spacebars.

Offline Steve Laroo

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 10:38:45 »
I think the 1.75 mod colored enter in the 40s kit is meant to be labeled 1.5 maybe? Guessing since the 1.75 backspace is in there and you have a 1.75 accented enter already.

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 10:40:13 »

not either of the OPs, but i also think the extension kit can be trimmed a bit (and kitting as a whole), so i just quoted dis. here we go:

Right of the bat, i think that iso can be put in base. while not a huge chunk of buyers, it will help eu sales/places that use iso sales (so pretty much everywhere). No one is gonna want to buy a 110 base kit (110 is optimistic with the state that gmk is in rn) and a 50 dollar extension kit for 4 keys (the 4 needed for simple iso).

Second, there should either be an extra 2.25u shift or alice bars in base for the b to actually do anything. Currently, the base kit can only support one alice layout physically (the 2u, 2.75u bars one). Or the b can be put in extensions or with spacebars, where it belongs *cough cough, not based at all*

F13 can also be added to base, once again, no one should be paying 50 bucks for a single key.

There is no numpad 5 homing key anywhere in the set, please add this either to base or extention

In conclusion, clumping everything into one kit actually has more cons than pros. People who want iso, alice, f13, and 660 will have to pay 50 dollars (just and estimate, but i already know this kit is gonna be a higher price looking at projects previous sets) for only a few keys. This will ultimately cause less people to buy the extension than if it was smaller or more optimized. While this is a nice set in terms of colors and design, the kitting is just a lose lose situation.

this is all just my opinion, we can agree to disagree.

edit: taking a quick look at GMK Astral Light, the base kit actually had one less key and was 130, while the extension (only slightly bigger than the one seen here) is 65. Just for price comparison.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 June 2021, 10:42:47 by iinko_mk »
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 10:42:57 »

not either of the OPs, but i also think the extension kit can be trimmed a bit (and kitting as a whole), so i just quoted dis. here we go:

Right of the bat, i think that iso can be put in base. while not a huge chunk of buyers, it will help eu sales/places that use iso sales (so pretty much everywhere). No one is gonna want to buy a 110 base kit (110 is optimistic with the state that gmk is in rn) and a 50 dollar extension kit for 4 keys (the 4 needed for simple iso).

Second, there should either be an extra 2.25u shift or alice bars in base for the b to actually do anything. Currently, the base kit can only support one alice layout physically (the 2u, 2.75u bars one). Or the b can be put in extensions or with spacebars, where it belongs *cough cough, not based at all*

F13 can also be added to base, once again, no one should be paying 50 bucks for a single key.

There is no numpad 5 homing key anywhere in the set, please add this either to base or extention

In conclusion, clumping everything into one kit actually has more cons than pros. People who want iso, alice, f13, and 660 will have to pay 50 dollars (just and estimate, but i already know this kit is gonna be a higher price looking at projects previous sets) for only a few keys. This will ultimately cause less people to buy the extension than if it was smaller or more optimized. While this is a nice set in terms of colors and design, the kitting is just a lose lose situation.

Whether we agree or disagree, this is how you provide good actionable feedback!

I do agree with several of your points though. Especially the “B”. Kinda weird in the base kit when it adds no additional support in the base kit alone.

Offline XiXora

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 10:45:02 »
I was going to buy extension kit as I usually need 2x 1.5u Super keys… I can live with UK ISO being there as I'd be asking for that too usually.

All good for me as far as I can see.

Offline Entity.

• Entity#1234
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 10:47:55 »
Love this  :thumb:

Pls consider adding iso to base

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 10:53:26 »

See I do not understand the point of putting extra B in the base kit. If you are putting B  please put the extra  shifts. Thank  you from treeleaf !!!
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 10:58:06 »
The way GMK prices things is kind of scuffed. I'm not going to comment on where the B should go because of the current kitting, but I do want to say this:

Even if the Base kit was $100, a price that only Honor achieved IIRC, there's no way the Extension kit would be anything below $40. So if you want ISO, 660 compatibility, two 1u spacebars that don't exist on any non-ortho layout, or a simple F13 legend to avoid duplicates, then you have to shell out $140 for keys which commonly come in $125 Base kits.

also 40s kit has half assed van support lol

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 11:08:52 »
Sad to see sub optimal kitting from an experienced designer. Why is there a B in base kit when it doesn't even have makeshift alice support?

Offline ZongZiWang

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 11:11:40 »
Somehow I'm fine with extra B in base kit as I have CP short Spacebars from other sets (Olivia / Ursa) that I can use as accent Alice bars here with just base kit purchase. Please do not remove the extra B from base kit, but consider adding additional 2.25u shift or alpha color short bars to base kit!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 11:15:16 »
Also no renders. How does the set look like with novelties? How does it look with mod kit? How does a board look on new deskmats? Its up to you to imagine. You are trying to sell a set without even showing what that looks like. Astral suffered from this and now this. You should setup a gofundme for basic renders. People **** on half baked IC's without renders and this is the same. Please make an update

Offline _IanOfEarth

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 11:17:25 »

edit: taking a quick look at GMK Astral Light, the base kit actually had one less key and was 130, while the extension (only slightly bigger than the one seen here) is 65. Just for price comparison.

Nailed it, this is all really good feedback that makes sense. Very happy to see macOS/Unix support for HHKB/7u in the Extensions kit, but overall that kit is doing too much.

Offline noodleman

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 11:29:14 »
can we have two base kits so we don't need to buy base + hangul?

Offline Kinesiologist

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 11:36:45 »
Please add F13 into the base kit :D

Offline Seoulcialite

• MechSeoul
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 11:53:17 »
Let's go!

Here's my contribution.

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 11:57:54 »
Personally, I think the kitting here makes a lot of sense. ISO users may see some better pricing because they’re grouped with the extension kit (in an ideal world at least).

Base kit covers a decent chunk of boards but perhaps with, I think just one more shift(?) could cover Alice in a less ideal way.

Yup! We wanted to be more inclusive for UK-ISO users by backing them up with other keys for extended support. An international kit has been considered, but opted against it for low attachment rates.

See I do not understand the point of putting extra B in the base kit. If you are putting B  please put the extra  shifts. Thank  you from treeleaf !!!
IMO, makeshift spacebars is not ideal. Argument for 660 support makes sense but why would you want mod-colored shifts as spacebars when convex alpha colored split spacebars are available?

Also no renders. How does the set look like with novelties? How does it look with mod kit? How does a board look on new deskmats? Its up to you to imagine. You are trying to sell a set without even showing what that looks like. Astral suffered from this and now this. You should setup a gofundme for basic renders. People **** on half baked IC's without renders and this is the same. Please make an update
We'll get these up for you soon bb. We wanted to get feedback on the changes to the kitting <3

can we have two base kits so we don't need to buy base + hangul?
I have also considered this, but I know a lot of folks from Round 1 missed out on Hangul Child kit. Also, if a user wanted both Latin and Hangul compatibility, they would have to purchase 2 base kits. Double base kits is a great idea for Round 3 :)

This is great feedback. I am going to play around with moving some keys around today at the office.
Here are some thoughts:
- Move terminal ISO to base / Remove UK-ISO from Extension Kit
- Move accent arrows to base / drop the Accent Kit
- Add a spacebar kit (alice/split support) / remove split bars from Extension Kit

Keep the feedback coming!
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 June 2021, 12:00:00 by onefivenine »

Offline Zetina

• El pajarraco
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 12:05:01 »
Thanks for R2 but I think base needs some work, at least consider having F13 on the base not on the extension kit
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 June 2021, 12:23:18 by Zetina »

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 12:05:12 »
I suggest trying to move as many Extension keys to Base as possible and removing accent arrows from spacebars. The price of the bars kit is going to be completely dredged with three colours and the addition of doubleshot keys.

Offline crestia

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 12:05:45 »
please run R1 deskmats again, those were great.

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 12:08:45 »
Thanks for R2 but I think base needs some work, at least consider adding F13 to the base or even an extension kit
I think F13 in extension kit is appropriate. Moving to base would make more sense as we see more boards support this key.

I suggest trying to move as many Extension keys to Base as possible and removing accent arrows from spacebars. The price of the bars kit is going to be completely dredged with three colours and the addition of doubleshot keys.
As a vendor, having less SKUs = better. We're trying to balance price and compatibility to keep everyone happy as possible :) I will look into this.

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 12:27:06 »
where R5 kit?

Offline sup3r170va

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 12:46:56 »
I can’t seem to fill in the IC Google form.

Thumbs up for the R5 kit. Would definitively get it.

I prefer icon only mods over icon+text, especially with the hangul sublegends.

Offline hangul

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 13:01:29 »
I can't fill in the IC form
split spacebars in the base kit pls

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 13:08:30 »
Yeah, the IC form is not setup properly. Can’t access it.

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 13:13:56 »

This, and also please put F13 in the Base Kit

Offline A.Belousov

« Reply #42 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 13:16:59 »
Need two 3u plum space bars
Please add them in any kit

Offline Project Keyboard

• Project Keyboard
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 13:34:24 »
where R5 kit?
Show Image

Fixed

Yeah, the IC form is not setup properly. Can’t access it.
Fixed

Offline Havattack

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 13:34:52 »
What the hell is wrong with this website? You can't delete threads, only "lock" them? That is beyond stupid.
Get it together GH.

Offline matthewdias

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 14:56:53 »
40s kit looks great now! Minus that mislabeled 1.5u enter that Steve Laroo pointed out.

Offline nebluh

« Reply #46 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 15:34:47 »
LETS GOOOO

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #47 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 16:29:11 »
Mod kit pricing is always challenging. Mod kits that include numpad mods (I really like them, but I get your point if you don’t numpad) usually end up over 100$ at MOQ 100 and still ~95 at MOQ 150.

The decision to not run Hangul base leaves you another option: change the mod kit to a base kit w mod colored alphas, ie the inverse. Price at 250 MOQ is still…140? That isn’t a huge base kit. Get 500 MOQ and it’s obviously notably cheaper. This set is a monster and you know there’s interest. You leverage the community’s tendency to buy heavily into base kits, the pricing for the mods only crowd changed by about…half what that extension kit will cost? The r1 users who loved the colors get something new to buy.

Offline WejB

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 16:41:33 »
What thread am I supposed to be looking at ._.

Anyhow, consider dropping off center space and adding alpha coloured 3-1-3 bars for the “accents” kit.  Some form of iso in base would be cool. Excited to see an r2 tho  :thumb:

I agree. I dont wanna pay 40$+ just to use my preferred base layout

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 16:55:53 »
I just wanna take a moment to say thank you for listening to the comments and community.

Offline jameski99

« Reply #50 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 17:10:02 »
Is the a chance that you can bring back the R1 deskmats for R2?

Offline XiXora

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 17:28:14 »
Oh no!
Don't kill UK-ISO dreams. I can still live with them in the extension kit with spare US-ISO 1u from the base…

Offline asy

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 18:47:18 »
Is the a chance that you can bring back the R1 deskmats for R2?

I hope there'd be a way. I'd definitely get them.

Offline rowie

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 18:51:25 »
Please consider adding stepped Ctrl for the extension kit. I have plenty of hhkb boards and other 60-65 % that use stepped Ctrl. Come to think of it all my setups are mostly stepped Ctrl since capslock is something I don’t use.  ;D Thanks.

Offline r00dy

• like it, buy it. don't like it, don't buy it
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 20:01:57 »
Wondering if the 1 u backspace could have the text + icon instead of just the text. I know it's niche but having the rest of the 40s mods with text + icon but a 1 u backspace with text only stands out. Also since the enter key has both text and the icon, I figure it should be possible but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 20:36:59 »
Original post has been updated with revised kitting: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=113322.msg3058216#msg3058216
We hope this gets us closer to what the community wants and to group buy.

Offline XiXora

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 20:53:59 »
Argh, now I have to pay way more for UK keys. Oh well, better than nothing and has the accent that a lot of other kits miss out.

Is it possible for 2x 1.5u Supers + 2x 1u alt in r5 since they're in ext kit?

Offline heyimpanda

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 22:51:33 »
rip as an r1 owner without hangul, having to buy a whole base kit for hangul makes me a sad panda. can't make everyone happy though i guess.

Offline Lufenia

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 22:52:34 »
Excellent stuff.  100/ 100 for listening

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 23:04:24 »
Extension kit feels like a cash grab tbh. Could use a bit of trimming, especially adding iso support in base.

Offline totalemon

• good morning :)
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 23:35:00 »
what's up with there being two of every kit ?? And I've seen PLENTY of people asking for an icon mod kit. Not sure why you're so reluctant to even consider it. Like other people have said, this feels extraordinarily half-baked for an experienced designer - where are the renders? Photos of R1 are useful and all but not really conducive of this round (again, please consider icon mods). Why are all the sets duplicated? And on top of that, why are so many of the kits so bloated? It's good for compatibility to an extent but not at all for efficiency or your customers' wallets. You've given *zero* explanation for any of these choices. Glad we at least got an IC, but given that even *that* took a lot of people asking on the insta post I can't at all blame other people for being apprehensive. I'll definitely cop if feedback is actually taken into account, but right now it seems pretty lacklustre. GLWIC

Offline SafeAtShore

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 23:49:12 »
Extension kit feels like a cash grab tbh. Could use a bit of trimming, especially adding iso support in base.

Agreed. There's still no reason to spin those off into a separate kit when other sets have a lot of those keys in base. We all know this set can hit a high MOQ, so base and extensions kits could absolutely be merged. Justifying it by saying there aren't a lot of boards with those layouts is a cop-out; there will always be leftover caps from base, and pricing will be reasonable with high MOQ.

We really shouldn't pay extra for something that should be in base to begin with, but the designer knows this set is too popular to fail.

Offline bball2

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 01:14:15 »
No comments, looking forward to the group buy!

Offline VoodooBear

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 03:04:41 »
As others have mentioned already, I think the extension kit can be done away with entirely. Move all the mods to base and maybe the Alice bars and then just make a proper spacebars kit instead by rolling that into the accent kit. Removes 1 SKU and adds compatibility that makes sense with the 2nd B that's on base already.

Offline Quinella

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 03:04:53 »
endash  :)

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 05:21:18 »
Did you seriously move ISO support to the international kit? You guys are a joke.

Offline lalostad98

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 09:00:07 »
f13 and basic iso support should be in the base kit, it's 2021.
Also, there's no need to have a second b for alice layout without having enough shifts to have basic alice layout support (without spacebars).

Offline ZavaZ86

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 09:04:34 »
People asking for basic iso support in base and in return you put it in international amazing job. Now people who want hangul base are forced to buy international kit. This so called IC seems more like a copy paste of kits put up by dixie with dualshot r2 where the same thing happened. Hopefully that's not the case...

Offline Lufenia

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 09:44:43 »
If you keep the second B in the base kit, I can go Alice with just the accent kit which I intend to buy in the first place.

So hard disagree on removing the second B

Edit: A word 
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 June 2021, 10:01:45 by Lufenia »

Offline rowie

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 10:32:13 »
Wow now I’ll end up with two base kits in addition to getting the lighter mod kit. Ughhh. I was originally planning to get one base kit and the Hangul with the lighter mod kit. It would of been nice if Hangul was combined with the lighter mod kit to have something different, kinda of like having Olivia light and Olivia dark kits.

Offline paulgali

• SKME
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 11:28:53 »
You're not listening to anyone in this thread.

• B in base is useless without the subsequent shifts to at least cover alice style layouts. Keep b in base, add shifts, or add the alice bars into base.
  • You have excluded F13 so we would need to buy a whole kit for one single key, that is more and more commonly in use
  • Not having UK ISO in base is okay, I guess - but you should absolutely (at the very least) support the ISO layout.

It's clear you are reading feedback on the IC, but at this point it is a cashgrab, you are selectively kitting to try and maximize kits sold. Base should cover the majority of layouts, and leaving out ISO completely is not something that should be taken lightly. Please consider changes, as you have already done so.

Offline andrewregal

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 11:37:39 »
I'm a bit confused reading the edited first post because there is a "More" button under most of the images. Does this mean that there will be both a Hangul Kit and Hangul Base Kit offered? Or is it only the top version that is updated and the one in the expanded view can be ignored?
Discord: andrewregal#7830

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 13:22:08 »
I missed the R1 of this set and I love the colours.  I really want to join this round, but moving ISO to a separate kit is strange given that a lot of people have been adding UK ISO to the base.  I think you need to look at your kitting again, for everyone.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 14:39:15 »
Did you seriously move ISO support to the international kit? You guys are a joke.
I missed the R1 of this set and I love the colours.  I really want to join this round, but moving ISO to a separate kit is strange given that a lot of people have been adding UK ISO to the base.  I think you need to look at your kitting again, for everyone.
ISO: The alternative would be to put us/terminal ISO in base. This would provide physical compatibility, but you would lose the expanded support for nordeuk etc. I am open to this idea, but would prefer that users have access to their preferred aesthetics. Let me know your thoughts!

]

• B in base is useless without the subsequent shifts to at least cover alice style layouts. Keep b in base, add shifts, or add the alice bars into base.
  • You have excluded F13 so we would need to buy a whole kit for one single key, that is more and more commonly in use
  • Not having UK ISO in base is okay, I guess - but you should absolutely (at the very least) support the ISO layout.

It's clear you are reading feedback on the IC, but at this point it is a cashgrab, you are selectively kitting to try and maximize kits sold. Base should cover the majority of layouts, and leaving out ISO completely is not something that should be taken lightly. Please consider changes, as you have already done so.
B in base: The extra "B" key in base kit does NOT change the price of the base set, it allows for Alice support if you add the following child kits:
  • Accent Kit
  • Extension Kit
  • Fourties Kit
This makes more sense than adding an extra "B" to each of those 3 kits.

ISO: See reply above.
F13 not in base: F13 is included in the extension kit, which supports extended 65+ cluster, Alice/split bars, Terminal/Mac users. F13 is also included in the Mod Kit.

Wow now I’ll end up with two base kits in addition to getting the lighter mod kit. Ughhh. I was originally planning to get one base kit and the Hangul with the lighter mod kit. It would of been nice if Hangul was combined with the lighter mod kit to have something different, kinda of like having Olivia light and Olivia dark kits.
Are you trying to cover 2 boards? If so, the previous kitting of the Hangul child kit does not have punctuations, numbers, nor F-row keys. You wouldn't have been able to achieve this.

I'm a bit confused reading the edited first post because there is a "More" button under most of the images. Does this mean that there will be both a Hangul Kit and Hangul Base Kit offered? Or is it only the top version that is updated and the one in the expanded view can be ignored?
Photos listed in the "More" section are previous proposed kits. They have been left there for reference and progression.

People asking for basic iso support in base and in return you put it in international amazing job. Now people who want hangul base are forced to buy international kit. This so called IC seems more like a copy paste of kits put up by dixie with dualshot r2 where the same thing happened. Hopefully that's not the case...
I don't believe this is the voice of all ISO users. We have received a spectrum of request on ISO support ranging from: basic iso to international kit.

Wondering if the 1 u backspace could have the text + icon instead of just the text. I know it's niche but having the rest of the 40s mods with text + icon but a 1 u backspace with text only stands out. Also since the enter key has both text and the icon, I figure it should be possible but please correct me if I'm wrong.
This should be possible. I believe other sets have done this before and this change can be done after verifying in the next kit update.

Argh, now I have to pay way more for UK keys. Oh well, better than nothing and has the accent that a lot of other kits miss out.

This is a pretty big ask. I will consider moving these keys to R5 from the Extension Kit. Maybe.

Please consider adding stepped Ctrl for the extension kit. I have plenty of hhkb boards and other 60-65 % that use stepped Ctrl. Come to think of it all my setups are mostly stepped Ctrl since capslock is something I don’t use.  ;D Thanks.
I will consider dropping the windowed keys in replace of a stepped control. However, if we opt for a bigger base kit, it may push the Extension Kit to be dispersed into Base and Accent/spacebars.

P.S. Let me try revised kitting based on the original group buy kitting. I appreciate all the feedback and interest! I'll be back later with more updates :)

Offline Lizcuits

• KAT PBJ
    • KAT PBJ
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 14:50:14 »
A few things to note:

I actually don't think putting two separate base kits is the change that anyone really wanted. There's a few people that would benefit and it's easier for people who only want one alphas option, but it comes at an extremely heavy cost for people who wanted both hangul + latin alphas.

Additionally, the changes you made to the base kit weren't really significant and didn't address much of the concerns people had.

The biggest issue I am seeing with the Base kit is its minimal coverage of boards outside the 65%-100% range and non-standard layouts. There is literally zero reason to have the B in the base kit as it stands, because you physically cannot cover any alice boards (which is the ONLY reason the B is there in the first place). If you are not going to have complete alice support or at least makeshift alice support in the base, the B has no reason to be there.
Additionally, as an Alice user, there is no real clear option whether you should buy the Extensions kit or the 40s kit (since the only things we need from those kits are the two/three bars). The kitting feels confusing and overlaps too much for such common layouts.

You can:
- Either add the shifts or bars required for Alice in base
- Remove the B and create a Spacebars kit with B included in it & all bars from Extensions & 40s
If you do neither, your kitting as it stands is completely nonsense from an Alice standpoint.

Additionally:
- Please add a spacebars kit and remove the bars from the 40s/Extensions kits or just combine both kits and add the B for total alice support.
There's no reason for these two kits to be split up in such an odd way with so much overlap especially when so much of it really ought to be in the base kit in the first place.
- Add F13 to base (the cost of this can easily be mitigated by removing B from base if that's the choice you wanted to make from our Alice suggestions)
- The Accent kit only adds to the confusion, tbh. I would move accent arrows to base and move accent bars to the Spacebars kit (that I hope you will make) or just drop them altogether
- I can somewhat understand moving ISO to an international kit but it really makes more sense to at least include the 2-3 keys required for the most bare minimum ISO support to Base.
There's no good justification for why the current base kit is so painfully barebones, especially knowing this set can make a massive MOQ to help reduce costs.

Personal preference here, but I don't really like the new deskmats so +1 to bringing back the previous mat options. They're nearly impossible to find and the new ones are a lot... less classy? And don't have quite the broad appeal.

Hope you guys don't stop your revisions and fix the issues with alice support and 40s/Extension chaos. The base kit really could hold a lot of the base support for most of these kits, and the spacebars kit could help a lot in mitigating these issues.
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 June 2021, 14:54:13 by Lizcuits »

Offline xtadecitrus

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 15:47:42 »
Hi, why did you decide to change the icon mods into icon+text? Just wondering. I would prefer just icon for a cleaner look. Thanks for bringing this back!

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 16:28:39 »
The alternative would be to put us/terminal ISO in base. This would provide physical compatibility, but you would lose the expanded support for nordeuk etc. I am open to this idea, but would prefer that users have access to their preferred aesthetics. Let me know your thoughts!

Yes. That is exactly what we want. That is what we've been telling you to do since you opened up the IC but instead you moved basic ISO support to an even more expensive kit. Also Germany, UK and Scandinavian countries aren't the only ones using ISO so your "preferred aesthetics" argument makes no sense unless you're supporting every single national layout.

Offline heyimpanda

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 18:43:51 »
I agree with the precious poster that the B in the base kit isn't ideal if you have to buy a separate kit to use it. As an R1 owner who needs Alice compat, I would have to buy a base kit for the second B in addition to the spacebar kit.

I too think the accent kit needs to be axed and have the accent arrows in base, and accent bars in the spacebar kit with the second B's. but of course I'm biased as this is best for my needs but not necessarily everyone else's. I guess that's the complexity of an R2 that needs to accommodate for both new and R1 owners who didn't buy the original child kits.

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 19:34:24 »
Can this set slow down a little with all the Base kit trimmings? Prices are going to by abysmal for a not-so-small minority if things keep getting moved like this.

The Base kit needs to have as much physical compatibility as possible. ISO users just want their shifts, enters, and alpha additions for a reasonable price, yet a Norde kit was added when nobody really even asked for one. F13 is also relegated to extension which also doesn't make much sense.

How come some designers don't seem to realize that nobody wants to shell out $50 for a GK64 shift? People just aren't going to buy the extension kit.

My final recommendation is to move UKISO, 660 shift, Mac/HHKB compat bottom row, F13, and accent ISO and numpad enter to Base.
The Accent kit should just become a Spacebars kit, with arrows and a 1u spacebar removed and two 3u bars added.
Windowed keys should have Scroll Lock and Num Lock added, and can also go to novelties for all I care; they're accent keys anyways.
Novelties kit should have some alpha coloured keys removed because an alpha macro column is just kinda cursed.

On top of these, I highly recommend reconsidering the Alt mod, R5, and Norde kits. I haven't seen much Alt mod praise in this thread, R5 doesn't make much sense, and there was little to no demand for Norde in the thread alone - though more opinions about it might arise if physical ISO support is addressed properly first.

Offline puppydork

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 20:24:06 »
Not a fan of the new desk mats, too cartoony. The old ones had a simpler and cleaner vibe to them. +1 to bring back the old ones, or at least the border mat.

I won't comment about the kits, since a lot have voiced their opinion on it already. Hopefully, everyone can get into an agreement.

Offline Lizcuits

• KAT PBJ
    • KAT PBJ
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 21:44:11 »
Novelties kit should have some alpha coloured keys removed because an alpha macro column is just kinda cursed.

On top of these, I highly recommend reconsidering the Alt mod, R5, and Norde kits. I haven't seen much Alt mod praise in this thread, R5 doesn't make much sense, and there was little to no demand for Norde in the thread alone - though more opinions about it might arise if physical ISO support is addressed properly first.

I also agree on the alt mod kit especially. I can't see it selling well and that's the reason the novelties kit has the alpha colored keys I'm guessing. Cutting alt mods would therefore shave a bit off of the novelties kit pricing.

+1 for moving Windowed keys to novelties as well, I want to have them without having to buy a strange compat kit I don't need just for a few novelty keys.

If Norde will hit MOQ I guess there's no issue including it, but it's such a huge kit I can't imagine it will be cheap enough to justify for a lot of people. I would probably recommend trimming it down a bit (moving ISO to base will help...) so it's less enormous.

As for R5 it does feel a bit out of place but again, no real harm in it if it's going to hit MOQ which it likely will considering how high profile this set is.

Offline DeMechanica

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 23:55:10 »
Yes! Thank you for running this again! Such a beautiful set.

Offline FaIIen

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 00:08:38 »

Take my money

Offline sup3r170va

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 00:43:11 »
I can understand why having an extra B in base may be justified over having multiple Bs in multiple kits. Especially since there’s regular B and then hangul sublegends. Maybe useful to explain the trade off of not including the shifts/shorter spacebars that Alice users are looking for. Will it increase the price significantly?

Second question is regarding F13. Will it increase the price by including it in the base kit? Cos it’s a TKL tied key. A bit odd to buy an extra kit just to get this key.

ISO: The alternative would be to put us/terminal ISO in base. This would provide physical compatibility, but you would lose the expanded support for nordeuk etc. I am open to this idea, but would prefer that users have access to their preferred aesthetics. Let me know your thoughts!

]

B in base: The extra "B" key in base kit does NOT change the price of the base set, it allows for Alice support if you add the following child kits:
  • Accent Kit
  • Extension Kit
  • Fourties Kit

F13 not in base: F13 is included in the extension kit, which supports extended 65+ cluster, Alice/split bars, Terminal/Mac users. F13 is also included in the Mod Kit.

Are you trying to cover 2 boards? If so, the previous kitting of the Hangul child kit does not have punctuations, numbers, nor F-row keys. You wouldn't have been able to achieve this.

Photos listed in the "More" section are previous proposed kits. They have been left there for reference and progression.

I don't believe this is the voice of all ISO users. We have received a spectrum of request on ISO support ranging from: basic iso to international kit.

This should be possible. I believe other sets have done this before and this change can be done after verifying in the next kit update.

This is a pretty big ask. I will consider moving these keys to R5 from the Extension Kit. Maybe.

I will consider dropping the windowed keys in replace of a stepped control. However, if we opt for a bigger base kit, it may push the Extension Kit to be dispersed into Base and Accent/spacebars.

P.S. Let me try revised kitting based on the original group buy kitting. I appreciate all the feedback and interest! I'll be back later with more updates :)

Offline catfromonomichi

• cat-from-onomichi
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 03:58:42 »
Excited for this R2!!

Offline busytimmy

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 04:45:59 »
Although I love the colours here, the kitting is awful. You need to start from scratch. Literally just look at something like AD2 and just do the same kitting. It's not rocket science smh.

Offline alpaone

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 05:15:37 »
[...]
[...]
[...]
However, if we opt for a bigger base kit, it may push the Extension Kit to be dispersed into Base and Accent/spacebars.

Please keep those keys as R4 in either the extension or base kit.

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 05:31:38 »
To people saying that no one asked for a NorDe kit. I've asked in the IC for round one, and afterwards in discord before round 2 IC went live. There are some of us out here that still wants it. I am super happy that it's been added and will gladly pick it up this round to go with my round one set!

That said I think that basic physical ISO support should always be included in base kits. That being the four keys making you able to cover all keys on an ISO layout keyboard. Would be solved by moving one of the ISO Enter keys, 1.25u shift and 2 alphas from the international kit to base kit.

GL with IC! In for NorDeUK <3

Offline bukowski

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 06:32:53 »
Thanks so much for adding NorDeUK. I am super in!!!

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 07:49:32 »
really hope you would consider icon mods :( it really does make the set look clean

Offline noodleman

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 12:19:12 »
would love some extra R5 1.5u keys for sure, especially for those of us ctrl in the capslock position.  Even just one R5 1.5u super key would be amazing.

Offline azack

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 12:48:10 »
can't comment much on kitting but thank you for r2 and text+icon mods wew

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 14:05:02 »
Please copy the Base kitting for Analog Dreams R2 or Handarbeit R2

Offline NotYellow

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 13:53:24 »
The most scuffed kitting, I'm surprised this isn't your first ever keycap set.

Offline Gnome

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 14:17:51 »
Kitting needs work, but you already know that. I'm sure its being worked on.
I can't help but to feel like this is pretty cashgrabby with the amount of kits and poor support across them.

I do appreciate you guys taking a step back and try to fix the kitting instead of running it with scuffed kitting like someone else did on another recent r2.
 :thumb: good luck, i like the colors so waiting to see if price pleases me aswell.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 14:21:27 »
Looks too much like GMK Symbiote.  Pass  :rolleyes:

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 15:52:35 »
Why don't people like the kitting? I'm pretty sure the base can cover literally every board I own. Only additional thing I'd pick up is the R5 kit. Is this a thing where their acrylic stacked Alice doesn't get perfect support?
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 16:11:19 »
Why don't people like the kitting? I'm pretty sure the base can cover literally every board I own. Only additional thing I'd pick up is the R5 kit. Is this a thing where their acrylic stacked Alice doesn't get perfect support?

It's a thing that results in the financial defilement (or lost purchase) of anybody who uses ISO, 660, or F13.

Offline dxxbox

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 20:55:25 »
Please, stop IC, go GB directly.

Offline dudewth

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 21:16:47 »
I’m ready. Let’s do it

Offline heyman

• ⌨️ 🔥
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 02:32:07 »
· Remove extra 'b' from base, put extra 'b' in Extension kit. (Alice need it and 2.25u spacebar or extra 2.25u shift)
· Remove numpad from base, Add numpad kit. (reduce base price)
· Put 'F13' in base.
· More Novelties pls.
· Add white alphas kit with spacebar, can be used with mod kit.
· If possible, Icon kit is necessary because it looks so clean.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 June 2021, 02:43:51 by heyman »
TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR 910 CE | Matrix 8XV1.0 | Matrix 8XV2.0 | Matrix 6XV2.0 | OTD 456GT | OTD 356Mini | LZ MP | LZ CLS | Iron165 FE |

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 02:58:08 »
· Remove extra 'b' from base, put extra 'b' in Extension kit. (Alice need it and 2.25u spacebar or extra 2.25u shift)
· Put 'F13' in base.
· More Novelties pls.

Solid idea and to finish just add UK ISO into the base kit and we are done.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 03:31:55 »
· Put 'F13' in base.
· More Novelties pls.

Removing numpad saves you $10-$15 and increases the price by $50 for people who actually use it. I do not abide.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline ZongZiWang

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 05:18:44 »
· Put 'F13' in base.
· More Novelties pls.
Remove B from base kit saves $0 and I need to spend $30-50 additionally, even I have Alice spacebars in CP color from Olivia, which can be working as accent bars for Bingsu. Hope this does not happen.

Second on other suggestions!

Offline azack

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 05:21:03 »
· Put 'F13' in base.
· More Novelties pls.

Since 'b' doesn't add to the cost, no point in removing it since it gives people the opportunity to just purchase accented spacebars. Personally I rather just leave the numpad in base since the price should be rather reasonable in the first place (high moq) so i do not agree with removing numpad from base which will lead to an absurd separate numpad price.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 June 2021, 05:25:32 by azack »

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 07:46:14 »
B in base does add cost, but it's disproportionate considering how much the price of the bars kit would be jacked if it added a third colour for a single key.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 08:40:22 »
Personally:

- F13 in Extension is fine.
- Numpad should stay in base. I am honestly against splitting Numpad from base unless it were exactly the same net price adding it as a separate kit. In most cases, as far as pricing is concerned, it's worse and costlier for Numpad users when it's split off.
- The point about extra B being in the base to be combined with CP bars from OG Spacekeys, Oblivion, or even an unrelated accent color is actually pretty good. Wouldn't just adding the second Bs to Extension and Forties somewhat circumvent this argument in the thread? That way Alice users who'd buy 40s or Extension anyway would be happy, and even have extra B's to spare. And those who buy only Base and use them with accent bars would be OK too.
- Even though I love Alice layout, I don't think Alice spacebar support needs to be in Base.
- I'm actually in favor of physical ISO support in base. But I'm not an ISO user so I have no real preference in this. But if I were, I'd think it sucks I have to buy an expensive, chonky INTL kit just to even put caps on a board, even if the legends aren't exactly what I want.
- Wish there were accents and alternate mod kit keys in R5 but I can live with R4 because I know it's expensive and unlikely to jive with everyone
- Same goes with R5 novelties -- wish there were fewer keys in that kit in R2/R3, or removing the ones in accent colors, just so that there at least can be 1u novelties in R5.

I'm actually okay with much of the kitting but just wanted to post some thoughts.

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 08:44:49 »
For the Alice support issue, how about:
  • Create spacebar kit out of accented bars and split bars from extension
  • Move the rest of extension keys to base, and accented arrow/numpad enter to base
  • Bye bye extension kit

Also solves the F13 issue that's been a major talking point so far.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 08:56:18 »
  • Move the rest of extension keys to base, and accented arrow/numpad enter to base
  • Bye bye extension kit

While I personally don't mind buying a chonky Base kit because I tend to buy kits that support all possible layouts that I'd use (pretty much anything from 60 to full size, so I want numpad and Alice support often, too, for example), I feel like getting rid of Extension and moving all of those alternate keys into Base would make it pretty expensive to those who just want to get only Base for their designated keyboard.

This favors Alice users, sure, but is unfavorable for what I think is likely the larger portion of the customer base (more people only buy Base and want to have it as cheap as possible).

I think makeshift Alice support in base (2.25u Shift) as Liz suggested is also a way to compromise. Or the removal of Accents (while trimming Extension and 40s) in favor of a separate Spacebars kit, if it had to be the same number of SKUs.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 June 2021, 09:03:58 by LightningXI »

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 16:53:25 »
· Put 'F13' in base.
· More Novelties pls.

Please do NOT remove numpad from Base

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 20:54:45 »
  • Bye bye extension kit

While I personally don't mind buying a chonky Base kit because I tend to buy kits that support all possible layouts that I'd use (pretty much anything from 60 to full size, so I want numpad and Alice support often, too, for example), I feel like getting rid of Extension and moving all of those alternate keys into Base would make it pretty expensive to those who just want to get only Base for their designated keyboard.

This favors Alice users, sure, but is unfavorable for what I think is likely the larger portion of the customer base (more people only buy Base and want to have it as cheap as possible).

I think makeshift Alice support in base (2.25u Shift) as Liz suggested is also a way to compromise. Or the removal of Accents (while trimming Extension and 40s) in favor of a separate Spacebars kit, if it had to be the same number of SKUs.

That is true, but I'm of the belief that this is a popular enough set that they can safely price it at a higher MOQ even with a larger base set (of course this does have its compromises, especially on the vendor's side, but I'm speaking in optimistics).

Moving accents out would work as well + separate spacebars

Offline Auracity

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 21:04:26 »
6u in accent kit please

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 21:56:52 »
- Hopefully the base kit just stays simple but full enough.
- It would be great if we kept the numpad
- I think what Lightning said is pretty reasonable,
- novelties seem a little lacking, but then again i have no idea what else I would add to make it fancier
- I hope we can just get the old icon mods. Bingsu seems to look a bit crowded with text or icon+text.

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 22:08:58 »
Don't forget everyone ~ makeshift Alice layout is already supported in the base with 2u 0

Offline Easonic

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 22:15:51 »
****........we need icon

Offline azack

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 22:52:37 »
Maybe an icon mod kit would work for those who wants icon while people like me can enjoy my text+icons

Offline paulgali

• SKME
« Reply #116 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 05:06:13 »

• Accent Kit
  • Extension Kit
  • Fourties Kit

The point of a 2nd b in base is to allow alice support using the extra shifts available. Nowhere did I say it affects the price. Because you are missing shifts, we can no longer use this on ergo without buying additional space kits. You should be supporting the physical layout no matter what (same for ISO, terminal + r3 pipe should be mandatory). I didn't say add b to the other 3 kits. All you have to do is add the extra shift key and it would be fine. F13 being in the mod kit is irrelevant if users dont want the lighter mods

I still stand by my ISO layout and F13 comments, it should be in base. You are stripping this base kit and forcing buyers to purchase unnecessary extra kits for one or 2 keys.

Accommodate layouts at the very least. You are stripping the base kit to line your pocket and taking advantage of the fact the colorway is sought after. I thought after your rebrand you did good things, this is honestly a step backwards. Help the community, don't hinder it. If my honesty is too harsh, I'm sorry, but I do not speak alone when we only ask for one thing - supporting physical layouts in base.

Offline Omarpixel9

• I like keyboards and pixels
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 05:43:16 »

Honestly? Functionality over aesthetics. Having the absolute minimum ISO layout in base kit would allow more people to be able to actually physically use their keyboard with it.
60% gasket mount

Offline carlouws

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 12:03:10 »
Is it remotely possible to add a macro kit (look at GMK Symbiote macro kit) or add macro keys to extension kit for boards like Ion Jubi, Ion Zenith, Kmac mini, etc? I know physical support is already possible with the F-row but it would be nice to have the cherry sculpt instead of all R1 while also being mono-colored (mod colors). Thanks for your consideration.

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #119 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 15:53:37 »
Is it remotely possible to add a macro kit (look at GMK Symbiote macro kit) or add macro keys to extension kit for boards like Ion Jubi, Ion Zenith, Kmac mini, etc? I know physical support is already possible with the F-row but it would be nice to have the cherry sculpt instead of all R1 while also being mono-colored (mod colors). Thanks for your consideration.

Feels very unnecessary when the Novelties are already columns

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 16:13:10 »
Sorry for the really nooby question but would the base kit cover everything I need for a Drop Alt? Thank you

Offline paulgali

• SKME
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 16:13:42 »
Sorry for the really nooby question but would the base kit cover everything I need for a Drop Alt? Thank you
Yes

Offline WillyWortel

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 16:41:22 »
lets gooooooo

Offline Pluto19

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 18:18:13 »
Massive minority request: R1 1u Equal sign in Mod kit would be wonderful.

¤ ¤ ¤

The point of a 2nd b in base is to allow alice support using the extra shifts available.
Totally disagree here as their reasoning is extremely logical and well-considered.

Nowhere did I say it affects the price. Because you are missing shifts, we can no longer use this on ergo without buying additional space kits. You should be supporting the physical layout no matter what (same for ISO, terminal + r3 pipe should be mandatory). I didn't say add b to the other 3 kits. All you have to do is add the extra shift key and it would be fine. F13 being in the mod kit is irrelevant if users dont want the lighter mods
Again, a lot of people overlook this, but both Base kits already have physical Alice support with the 2u Zero for use on the left space and the 2.75u Shift for use on the right space. I don't think I'd have to point out that in doing so would force a split right Shift, but some may not know.

Now, it'd be different if your main reasoning behind the extra 2.25u Shift's inclusion in the Base kits were for 660 users, but that doesn't seem to be so that's a different time.

I still stand by my ISO layout and F13 comments, it should be in base. You are stripping this base kit and forcing buyers to purchase unnecessary extra kits for one or 2 keys.
Physical ISO compatibility in Base is something I'd also agree with, however we don't know how requested, if at all, an International ISO kit is/was nor whether any involved parties are willing/going to guarantee its MOQ as we've seen with other GMK sets. It might not be the cheapest option for a small group of users, but it could definitely be the slightly more expensive and more inclusive kitting if this were to be the case.

F13 I couldn't care less about, but at least there's plenty of alternatives in the Base kits for that if F13 stays in Extension.

Accommodate layouts at the very least. You are stripping the base kit to line your pocket and taking advantage of the fact the colorway is sought after. I thought after your rebrand you did good things, this is honestly a step backwards. Help the community, don't hinder it. If my honesty is too harsh, I'm sorry, but I do not speak alone when we only ask for one thing - supporting physical layouts in base.
A bit passionate, but at least it shows that you really like the set too

Offline actress

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 18:38:15 »
Happy to see international kit!
Keep the text+icon mods  :thumb:

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 21:05:24 »
Original post has been updated with revisions to the following kits:

Base:
- Basic/terminal ISO has been added
- F13 added
- Extra "B" dropped
- Accent arrows and numpad enter added

Hangul:
- Reverted back to child kit

Spacebar:
- Previously "Accent Kit"
- Split spacebars and extra "B" added

Extension:
- Stepped "Control" added
- R4 1.5u "Function" added
- Windowed "Num" and "Scroll" added

International:
- Kit size reduced (terminal ISO in base increases the likelihood of this kit not reaching MOQ)

Common Questions:
Q: Can we have icon mods instead?
A: Not for this run. First round had both icon and text options. We would like to do something different this time.

Q: Can we have the old deskmats?
A: No we do not want to rerun previous mats. However, we are working on extra designs for those looking for something simple.

Q: Where are renders?
A: Renders will be provided after we have finalized kitting. We want to make sure that renders have keycaps that are available in the kitting.

Notes:
- Reviewing Novelties Kit to reduce some redundancy.
- Reviewing Row 5 Kit for possible key additions.
- Please realize that we are doing our best to accommodate as many users as possible. The demographic and metrics of the KB community has changed in the past couple of years. We want to be inclusive and mindful of the growing layouts and their popularity.

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 21:14:15 »
adfas;ldfasjakl;sdjfasfkjlsad
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 June 2021, 02:51:16 by roguesystem087 »

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #127 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 21:41:48 »
Thanks for taking all the feedback, the new kitting looks good!

Offline heyimpanda

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 21:42:17 »
I'm happy with these changes :thumb:

Offline upstairscoffee5

• hi
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 22:04:57 »
can't spell bingsu without bingus

Offline heyman

• ⌨️ 🔥
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 22:33:39 »
· Put 'F13' in base.
· More Novelties pls.

Removing numpad saves you $10-$15 and increases the price by $50 for people who actually use it. I do not abide.

Yeah, separate numpad will be more expensive, but more people will avoid the extra money. the lower the price of base kit, the more the sales volume of base kit. I think very few people will use numpad, basically 60 65 tkl,  but i think numpad big probability will stay in base in the end, just the difference between 10 people pay $10 and 2 people pay $50, but 8 of them won't use numpad
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 June 2021, 22:43:56 by heyman »
TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR 910 CE | Matrix 8XV1.0 | Matrix 8XV2.0 | Matrix 6XV2.0 | OTD 456GT | OTD 356Mini | LZ MP | LZ CLS | Iron165 FE |

Offline heyman

• ⌨️ 🔥
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 22:40:43 »
· Put 'F13' in base.
· More Novelties pls.
Remove B from base kit saves $0 and I need to spend $30-50 additionally, even I have Alice spacebars in CP color from Olivia, which can be working as accent bars for Bingsu. Hope this does not happen.

Second on other suggestions!

If no extra 2.25shift, only extra 'B' in base can't support alice layout, it will look cleaner if it is removed, unless base add another 2.25shift
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 June 2021, 22:42:33 by heyman »

Offline Pluto19

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 23:00:05 »
If no extra 2.25shift, only extra 'B' in base can't support alice layout, it will look cleaner if it is removed, unless base add another 2.25shift
Yes... yes it can. As I said before, 2u Zero can be used.

Offline Lizcuits

• KAT PBJ
    • KAT PBJ
« Reply #133 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 23:17:45 »
Solid revisions. I still am hoping for at least one of the old deskmats to return since I really feel like there's no "subtle" option for this round.

I also wish the windowed keys would be moved to Novelties but I am okay with them as it stands since Extensions has been reduced to a (most likely) more affordable kit.

Spacebar kit w/B was the move. Very happy with that choice!

Thanks for taking feedback into consideration. I am sure there are still revisions that could be made re: obscure layouts but I'll leave notes on that to those who are more knowledgeable than I am.

Thanks for being receptive to feedback, it's going to make this set shine for a really solid R2 (I hope!)

Offline A.Belousov

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 23:56:34 »
Guys please can someone explain me in which cases i will need R5 kit?

Offline stevenT

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 00:33:04 »
Guys please can someone explain me in which cases i will need R5 kit?

from my humble knowledge, the difference of round of keycaps is height(find cherry profile picture for detail) so if you don't need the specific height of R5, just skip it

Picture from GMK WoB 40s, Colevrak+, R0/R5
(full cherry profile; currently most kits have two sets of R1 and R4 instead of R0 and R5)

maybe I missed it but will there be artisan collab for this set? RAMA maybe..
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 June 2021, 00:44:24 by stevenT »

Offline rowie

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 00:52:01 »
Been awhile since I checked this IC and wow I love the new kitting! I’m definitely all in. Thanks for listening and great job. Let’s go!!  :thumb:

Offline senbae

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 02:29:11 »
Revisions to the kitting looks great. Thanks for taking in all the feedback. I'm definitely going in on this

Offline JQ27

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 04:18:39 »
So from my understanding the reduced international kit makes it impossible to actually fit a proper layout? (UK-ISO as example)

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 05:57:23 »
Good to see basic ISO support and F13 in base kit. No accented ISO enter in base but we can live without it. Thanks for listening to the community!

Offline Jakob

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 07:11:29 »
Why are so many keys missing from the International kit now? I don't think you can get full coverage for any of the nordic layouts anymore due to missing 2, 3, 4, +? and \` keys. I get that the Int kit is being down-prioritized because of poor sales/attachement rates, but of course it won't sell when it's effectively useless for the people it's supposedly targetting.

Offline ZavaZ86

« Reply #141 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 07:44:47 »
You almost managed to do it 100% but why are you moving accent iso enter into the international kit instead of having it in the base just like the ansi accent enter?

Offline bukowski

« Reply #142 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 07:54:40 »
International Kit has no 2 with " and 2-sublegend, while the 3 with § and 3-sublegend exists. Should be corrected, as it would look weird on Intl-Keyboards to have the 2 without 2-sublegend and the 3 with 3-sublegend.

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #143 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 08:39:34 »
This new kitting is a major step in the right direction.
I have a couple things to recommend here:
- Replace accent arrows with accent ISO Enter
- Move B and 2.25u shift to Base to effectively make the Spacebars kit blanks instead of having a doubleshot key and because nobody wants to spend money for Extension for a shift key
- Remove 2u shift from Extension; the GK64 and K66 are <$100 kits and the users probably shouldn't spend $140 on keycaps for them
- Remove extra nav keys from Extension; nobody wants to buy Extension for those alone
- Norde could do without all tertiary sublegends for consistency and instead offer more compatibility, see Retro Runic
- Consider 3 key support because a slightly more expensive base is far better than having to drag a 40s kit to MOQ

Again, I'm really appreciative of the new kitting and listening to feedback.

Offline Scoobsheister

« Reply #144 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 12:59:05 »
Bring back UK ISO support, please

Offline XiXora

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 13:50:34 »
Yes, need UK ISO somewhere…
From extension to intl to gone :'(
Accent ISO being included somewhere is ok but I wouldn't get it if theres no UK ISO in that kit.

2x 1.5U Supers/1u alt in R5 would be nice but I'll be ok with using the ones in extension kit.

Offline Daniel

« Reply #146 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 01:16:02 »
Many keysets nowadays have support for Alice in the base kit, so it would be nice to have it here as well. It's just 3 keys: B, 2.25u, 2.75u.. maybe some people need 2u as well so 4 keys.
Example: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=113197.0

Cheers

Offline SafeAtShore

« Reply #147 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 09:31:33 »
New kitting is looking a lot better.

I'd still merge extension with base; pricing should still be favorable with high MOQ.

Also, please add back the white mini bars to space bar kit.

Offline Pylon

« Reply #148 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 11:15:44 »
New base kit looks great. I have R1, but I prefer Icon+text so I'll probably be joining for R2 (or I'll try to trade my R1 icon mods for someone's R2 Icon+text)

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #149 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 14:05:58 »
Could we get an Icon mods child kit :) ?
Savage 65 | GSKT-00 || Valhalla | X60 V2

Offline Mysteric

• Formerly 'Mackem'
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 20 June 2021, 14:36:00 »
Would love UK ISO support to return somewhere, whether it's base or an add-on kit etc.

Offline busytimmy

« Reply #151 on: Sun, 20 June 2021, 22:13:54 »
Whilst it's not perfect (and never really can be) the new kitting direction here has changed me from a 'no' to a yes'. This went from all-time awful to actually decent and it's because you listened to the community - thank you.

Offline rath_k

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 20 June 2021, 23:04:58 »
I appreciate the direction that the kitting has gone through. The extension kit still feels a bit weird. Moving 2.25u shift to move into base for 660 support would be good so you aren't forced to get the kit just for that. Adding icon-only kit would be good since the colors pop better than with icon+text. Might even make sense to add icon-only into extension.

Offline Jr.Mars

« Reply #153 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 01:45:01 »
It's awesome, i waited bingsu R2 for a long time!!!!!Good luck!!

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 03:34:01 »
So let me understand this correctly, you removed UK ISO from the base to save money, you decided not to have a separate UK ISO kit and in addition for some reason you removed the UK ISO keys from the international kit?

That just does not make any sense, if you are going to offer an international kit then at the very least it should cover Norde/UK.  Am I missing something?

p.s.  I love the extension kit and the set in total but without any UK ISO in any form I might have to bow out.

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline Entity.

• Entity#1234
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 05:57:01 »
Was going to buy it until the hangul base kit was made into a child kit

Offline doggo1dance

« Reply #156 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 00:04:41 »
wow you actually changed the hangul base kit change back to something alot of us didnt actually want lmao, yeah im out

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #157 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 01:40:45 »
Sometimes i wonder if a vote would've just solved all the kitting,
easier to see what's really needed and what's not.

Offline Lizcuits

• KAT PBJ
    • KAT PBJ
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 17:28:29 »
I think the new kitting is a massive improvement but IMO the extensions kit is a bit of a waste and ought to be merged with 40s or the base kit, with the windowed keys being moved to accents or novelties. It's such a small kit with a lot of overlap on other layouts that it doesn't make much sense as is.

Offline XiXora

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 18:37:56 »
I think the new kitting is a massive improvement but IMO the extensions kit is a bit of a waste and ought to be merged with 40s or the base kit, with the windowed keys being moved to accents or novelties. It's such a small kit with a lot of overlap on other layouts that it doesn't make much sense as is.
I've already lost my UK ISO. I'm going to end up losing my 1.5u Supers too at this rate :(

I've seen UK ISO in the extension kit before (additions in Janglad kitting) but the ISO accent key would have to move to base in that case.
I've also seen keys like F13 and mod pipe in the extension kit too.

Honestly, it depends on if you want a cheaper compact base kit or a full-featured bit more expensive one… I assume it also depends on MOQ.

Who would have thought kitting would be so much "fun"! I wish there was a standard kitting introduced but I think it simply isn't possible with the way GMK sets out MOQ for kits that upsets 10% of users somewhere.

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #160 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 21:06:53 »
I'm excited for bingus R2, let's go!

Offline bukowski

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 03:16:36 »
- Norde could do without all tertiary sublegends for consistency and instead offer more compatibility, see Retro Runic

Nice one, yes!  :thumb:

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 07:26:47 »
The new international kit is missing a couple things. I believe I reached out to you on Discord with a guide to making that kit less expensive, but I think you missed some important details.

You have two broad options here:

1) Switch from Terminal ISO to UK ISO in base.
2) Add the necessary keys for UK back to the international kit.

Personally I think #1 makes the most sense. It will require a net increase of 4 alpha keys in base (2 removed, 6 added). I’d be happy to walk through the other adjustments needed, whichever path you choose.

Offline actress

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 07:41:15 »

I disagree. I like the current NorDe with the sublegends.

Offline dudewth

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 10:35:03 »
Liked Hangul base kit

Offline Fweedum

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 01:33:46 »
I would also prefer the hangul base kit but understand if it is not feasible price-wise.

Offline bukowski

« Reply #166 on: Fri, 25 June 2021, 03:22:14 »

I disagree. I like the current NorDe with the sublegends.
But the current NorDe is missing the tertiary "2" on the "2"-cap. I dont want 3 with tertiary 3 and 2 without tertiary 2. Keep the sublegends but make it consistent.

Edit: nvmd has been fixed
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 June 2021, 12:07:35 by bukowski »

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #167 on: Fri, 25 June 2021, 03:44:31 »
I would say that I'm tempted to buy it now. Tks for having taken feedback to improve the kitting.
About the novelties, I think the community has seen a lot of big and flashy novelty kits from other sets so they want something similar here, this is also a R2 so it's understandable.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 June 2021, 03:48:59 by nvh2092 »

Offline Lizcuits

• KAT PBJ
    • KAT PBJ
« Reply #168 on: Sun, 27 June 2021, 15:38:48 »
This new "Aesthetic" kit is... interesting? I'm not really sure I get why icon mods were combined with extensions but I'm interested to see what other people think about it

Offline wirex

« Reply #169 on: Sun, 27 June 2021, 16:00:12 »
wow you actually changed the hangul base kit change back to something alot of us didnt actually want lmao, yeah im out

Yeah same, but I guess if more people wanted hangul to be a child kit then it makes more sense for OP to do that. I'm out too unfortunately, good luck with sale though!

Offline Lufenia

« Reply #170 on: Sun, 27 June 2021, 23:08:40 »
I will bookmark this thread as a prime example as to why it's impossible to make everyone happy no matter how many changes were done on the kitting of the set.

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 09:52:54 »
there's no getting rid of this extension kit huh

Offline XiXora

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 11:07:32 »
I will bookmark this thread as a prime example as to why it's impossible to make everyone happy no matter how many changes were done on the kitting of the set.
IKR. With the latest changes I'm pretty happy again (as intl kit has been expanded).

I think I was the only one happy with the original kitting for the IC perhaps.
The extension kit for GMK sets generally always makes me happy as I get unix bottom row. Perhaps this will be the norm for base kits to be low-ish priced for GMK.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 June 2021, 11:12:18 by XiXora »

Offline actress

Re: [IC] GMK Bingsu R2 [Kitting Finalized - Pending Pricing]
« Reply #173 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 18:35:09 »
Great job on the final kitting.
In for base kit + international and maybe hangul.

GL!

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 20:16:22 »
Oh, everything's final now. In that case I quite enjoy how well the kitting for this set has improved from needing ext to having some nice compatibility in Base. Thanks for listening to the community

Offline heyimpanda

« Reply #175 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 21:50:09 »
oooo finalized, I'm very happy icon mods got thrown in and that hangul stayed a child kit. hopefully the pricing is good as well.

Offline noodleman

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 23:25:31 »
rip 1.5u R5 super :( 

Offline alpaone

« Reply #177 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 09:44:07 »
Final kitting looks great IMHO.
I'm in for base, aesthetic and spacebar kit.

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #178 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 20:58:59 »
Thank you for the Icon mod kit!
Savage 65 | GSKT-00 || Valhalla | X60 V2

Offline TheBlackHammer

« Reply #179 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 16:53:20 »
can the 150 enter please be accent white.

Offline SafeAtShore

Re: [IC] GMK Bingsu R2 [GB Starts July 7]
« Reply #180 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 09:07:37 »
While the changes I wanted to see weren't really implemented (guess they weren't popular enough), I agree with others in that the kitting has massively improved from where it started.

Although the extension kit is here to stay (blegh), I think spinning it to include icon mods was a good move; a fair number of people were vocal about wanting icon-only. I personally don't care much for it, but it was a good compromise.

Thanks for taking feedback into consideration, and looking forward to the GB.

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #181 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 20:16:40 »
No renders with mono mods? I don't think I can visualize that well enough on my own.

Offline honoka

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 01:13:14 »
I'm late to tur party, but no icon only  ISO enter among the other icon mods
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 July 2021, 04:53:54 by honoka »

Offline bow3i

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 12:36:20 »
Kinda meh prices for what is really bad kitting. This could've been good with a Hangul base kit to begin with.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #184 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 14:23:11 »
Kinda meh prices for what is really bad kitting. This could've been good with a Hangul base kit to begin with.
The base price is actually lower than most current base kit with the same kitting. I think you're just not happy because of no hangul base.

Offline dstaar

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 15:58:29 »
I am very confused with the kitting pictures  :(

there seems to be 4 kinds of base kit:
BASE KIT, STANDARD BASE, (another)BASE KIT, HANGUL BASE

and 2 kinds Spacebars kit:
both named SPACEBAR KIT, but one with a 1.25u and one without

will these all be active options? which one(s) will be actually in the GB?
sorry if it's repeated question, but if it's not, someone pls enlighten me, thanks.

Offline heyimpanda

« Reply #186 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 16:17:38 »

sorry if it's repeated question, but if it's not, someone pls enlighten me, thanks.

You're looking at the historical kitting. What's shown right now (not under "More") is what the finalized kitting is.

Offline ZongZiWang

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 16:31:10 »

I guess you are using mobile app Tapatalk? The format on the app is not same as viewing in the website on desktop, and I agree it's confusing on mobile app.

Offline dstaar

« Reply #188 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 16:36:32 »
You're looking at the historical kitting. What's shown right now (not under "More") is what the finalized kitting is.

I guess you are using mobile app Tapatalk? The format on the app is not same as viewing in the website on desktop, and I agree it's confusing on mobile app.

Oh that's the damn trick, I got it, thank you both!
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 July 2021, 18:52:47 by dstaar »

Offline Ravenoxidal

« Reply #189 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 03:44:43 »
Wow, was so gonna get this set when r2 was announced, along with hangul base kit. Checked back on it and realized that the hangul kit is back to a child kit? What a pity, gonna skip. Sad.

Offline Hanabi

• Falling into a black hole.
« Reply #190 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 03:58:29 »
Just noticed that the hangul kit is a child kit now? Sad to see. Was so gonna jump in on the hangul base.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #191 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 05:24:08 »
All ordered, expensive route to get UK ISO but I ordered.  Good luck with this.

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline kwiizu

« Reply #192 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 02:57:30 »
Agree, I also wanted hangul kit as base.
DO you guys have discord channel? can't find it anywhere

Offline mayne069

• Formerly KeebyKevin
  • mayne rhymes with pain
    • Instagram
« Reply #193 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 16:23:33 »
I don't know if there was a question for this already but is there a reason that you mixed Dixie Arrows with OG Mods?
Is it because of the Modern Kit? Should have included Dixie Arrows there and OG Arrows in the regular base along the OG Mods.
MX Blacks > everything else